These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

New "DSP" Guide

First post
Author
Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
#21 - 2013-06-09 15:16:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Sephira Galamore
St Mio wrote:
Hello ladies and gentlemen o7
I have made updates to the DSP guide!
I could not have done this without HTC NecoSino's help, you all owe him big time.


Can you have the old one still active somewhere?
Especially when they remove the distance 'trick', despite the lack of DSPs your site was still useful for figuring out if a WH was your static or another WH etc. by using normal probes.
HTC NecoSino
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#22 - 2013-06-09 16:20:09 UTC
OP Updated with size 4 and 2 distances.
HTC NecoSino
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#23 - 2013-06-09 16:31:16 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
St Mio wrote:
Hello ladies and gentlemen o7
I have made updates to the DSP guide!
I could not have done this without HTC NecoSino's help, you all owe him big time.


Can you have the old one still active somewhere?
Especially when they remove the distance 'trick', despite the lack of DSPs your site was still useful for figuring out if a WH was your static or another WH etc. by using normal probes.



It's the same info, just with the 1st column changed. If they do add a randomization, it'll still be the same info, just with different ways of reading it.
Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
#24 - 2013-06-09 18:30:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Sephira Galamore
HTC NecoSino wrote:
Sephira Galamore wrote:
St Mio wrote:
Hello ladies and gentlemen o7
I have made updates to the DSP guide!
I could not have done this without HTC NecoSino's help, you all owe him big time.


Can you have the old one still active somewhere?
Especially when they remove the distance 'trick', despite the lack of DSPs your site was still useful for figuring out if a WH was your static or another WH etc. by using normal probes.


It's the same info, just with the 1st column changed. If they do add a randomization, it'll still be the same info, just with different ways of reading it.


Exactly. And I would like a version with the column unchanged or an option to show the column and a field to enter the base probe strength.
HTC NecoSino
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#25 - 2013-06-09 19:15:40 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Exactly. And I would like a version with the column unchanged or an option to show the column and a field to enter the base probe strength.


Base probe strength has no effect using the current method. If CCP updates this "bug" then that will probably change. Once we figure out that method, an option for sig strength will be added again, if necessary.
Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
#26 - 2013-06-09 20:07:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Sephira Galamore
HTC NecoSino wrote:
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Exactly. And I would like a version with the column unchanged or an option to show the column and a field to enter the base probe strength.


Base probe strength has no effect using the current method. If CCP updates this "bug" then that will probably change. Once we figure out that method, an option for sig strength will be added again, if necessary.

It does if you use normal probes!
I still used the DSP website after Odyssey and it worked fine for me.
St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-06-09 20:33:11 UTC
Now now people! I put both in! All is well :3
Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
#28 - 2013-06-09 20:47:54 UTC
St Mio wrote:
Now now people! I put both in! All is well :3

Awesome, thanks! :hugs:
Adriana Nolen
Sama Guild
#29 - 2013-06-13 12:37:56 UTC
This is such a sad sad day.
Kass Ikkala
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-06-13 12:42:38 UTC
Perhaps it should be considered a feature. Emissions broadcasts should follow the inverse squares law.
Adriana Nolen
Sama Guild
#31 - 2013-06-13 12:48:23 UTC
They broke it.

User Interface

The scanner window will show the correct distance to single probe and pre-loaded results.
HTC NecoSino
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#32 - 2013-06-13 12:53:46 UTC
Adriana Nolen wrote:
They broke it.

User Interface

The scanner window will show the correct distance to single probe and pre-loaded results.


It still works just fine, just a little more annoying.

Turn on scanner overlay, hover over a signature. Look at the distance.. For example..

22.4 AU - 29.7AU

Find the difference: 7.3AU
Look at the DSP guide for the corresponding signature type.

The only time this is going to be impossible to do is the size 2 and 2.2, since the distance is rounded, they will both read as 8AU
Adriana Nolen
Sama Guild
#33 - 2013-06-13 13:11:12 UTC
I see.
Kai Pirinha
#34 - 2013-06-13 14:15:34 UTC
HTC NecoSino wrote:
Adriana Nolen wrote:
They broke it.

User Interface

The scanner window will show the correct distance to single probe and pre-loaded results.


It still works just fine, just a little more annoying.

Turn on scanner overlay, hover over a signature. Look at the distance.. For example..

22.4 AU - 29.7AU

Find the difference: 7.3AU
Look at the DSP guide for the corresponding signature type.

The only time this is going to be impossible to do is the size 2 and 2.2, since the distance is rounded, they will both read as 8AU

Did you have to spoil THIS ONE too?

Now CCP will remove this too. SadSadSadSad

Hello World

Valleriani
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-06-13 18:23:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Valleriani
Kai Pirinha wrote:
HTC NecoSino wrote:
Adriana Nolen wrote:
They broke it.

User Interface

The scanner window will show the correct distance to single probe and pre-loaded results.


It still works just fine, just a little more annoying.

Turn on scanner overlay, hover over a signature. Look at the distance.. For example..

22.4 AU - 29.7AU

Find the difference: 7.3AU
Look at the DSP guide for the corresponding signature type.

The only time this is going to be impossible to do is the size 2 and 2.2, since the distance is rounded, they will both read as 8AU

Did you have to spoil THIS ONE too?

Now CCP will remove this too. SadSadSadSad


It's okay, I'll murder him at the PoS tonight and store his remains in the cargo bay of a freighter. They won't find the body.
HTC NecoSino
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#36 - 2013-06-13 19:14:58 UTC
Kai Pirinha wrote:
HTC NecoSino wrote:
Adriana Nolen wrote:
They broke it.

User Interface

The scanner window will show the correct distance to single probe and pre-loaded results.


It still works just fine, just a little more annoying.

Turn on scanner overlay, hover over a signature. Look at the distance.. For example..

22.4 AU - 29.7AU

Find the difference: 7.3AU
Look at the DSP guide for the corresponding signature type.

The only time this is going to be impossible to do is the size 2 and 2.2, since the distance is rounded, they will both read as 8AU

Did you have to spoil THIS ONE too?

Now CCP will remove this too. SadSadSadSad


Based on CCP replies, it seems like this is the way that it is supposed to work.
Susurrus Synaesthesia
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2013-06-13 20:57:27 UTC
Looks good
Zircon Dasher
#38 - 2013-06-14 00:17:59 UTC
It's almost like CCP wants us to be cherry pickers.....

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#39 - 2013-06-14 01:01:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Unezka Turigahl
Kai Pirinha wrote:


Now CCP will remove this too. SadSadSadSad


Well I don't see any advantage to panning your camera around searching for icons to mouse over. Its faster to just scan everything to 25% to see what it is. So I'd guess that this feature is safe from the nerfbat, for those who enjoy twirling their camera around.

EDIT: Hmm... it would be nice if we could click on the signature in the list in the scan window and have the camera pan to face it and automatically display the popup with the information. Then I would use the information to deduce whether I want to scan it down or not. But panning the camera all around looking for it... nah.

It would also be cool if you could somehow manipulate probes without opening the map window. If CCP wants us to use the icons floating in space then it is not a good idea to have us constantly switching between normal space view and map view. Maybe they could add another tab to the scanning window that displays a mini solar system map. Instead of showing the whole solar system it focuses on where your probes are. When you click on a signature in the list, it positions your probes over it. When you click scan then they warp to the sig and begin the scan. You then continue reducing probe size as usual. I dunno. They'd have to do SOMETHING new, cause fitting the whole system map in that small space wouldn't work out. And making the window take up the whole screen would defeat the purpose.
HTC NecoSino
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#40 - 2013-06-14 13:21:58 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:

EDIT: Hmm... it would be nice if we could click on the signature in the list in the scan window and have the camera pan to face it and automatically display the popup with the information. Then I would use the information to deduce whether I want to scan it down or not. But panning the camera all around looking for it... nah.

It would also be cool if you could somehow manipulate probes without opening the map window. If CCP wants us to use the icons floating in space then it is not a good idea to have us constantly switching between normal space view and map view. Maybe they could add another tab to the scanning window that displays a mini solar system map. Instead of showing the whole solar system it focuses on where your probes are. When you click on a signature in the list, it positions your probes over it. When you click scan then they warp to the sig and begin the scan. You then continue reducing probe size as usual. I dunno. They'd have to do SOMETHING new, cause fitting the whole system map in that small space wouldn't work out. And making the window take up the whole screen would defeat the purpose.


I actually like this idea a lot. They already have the tracking camera, why not click tracking, click a signature, and have the camera sweep to the signature?

I think that I would like it even better if just hovering over the signature in the list brought up the same tooltip that it does in space.
Previous page123Next page