These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Deep Space Probe Exploration Guide

First post
Author
Snapper Pumpkinpuss
Sarano Planetary Goods Distribution
DammFam
#101 - 2013-05-15 00:47:29 UTC
Asshats i pay on 2 acounts my kid made me play cause hes in the USMC so we can talk so i liked it its fun i make money scanning but pay cash for my accounts and now i have to play a f-ing game to get a radar site that i might get 7 mill out of ...thanks its hard enough i have aurthiritis never mind that i have to out hack an 18 year old and im a 53 year old fat guy ... wow level tha playing field ....i like the game but i dont want to play solve a puzzle **** ...i sometimes win raceing for the goodies ...and sometimes loose ... some days you get the bear and some days you dont ... so as in some days you dont you guys sometimes dont get whos paying the salaries of your company....ship changes no problem screw missles no problem you cant allways nerf **** sometimes you need to make it better
Snapper Pumpkinpuss
Sarano Planetary Goods Distribution
DammFam
#102 - 2013-05-15 00:57:50 UTC
no really great idea ...if your mineing an assteriod if you incorrectly scan it you get nothign and your ship blows up....or if your makeing stuff industrial and you fail the blueprints the base blows up ...or if your PvP and you barley kill the guy you get concorded anyways or if your late with your trade shipment your char gets incarcerated for a month in a penal colony...unless of course he can answer a puzzle ...which of course theres never an answer too so hes inactive for 30 days ... some romainain jackass thought of this and you guys never change it if its a dumbass idea ....rethink this
Mnemosyne Gloob
#103 - 2013-05-15 23:19:29 UTC
What was i just reading?
Nam Dnilb
Universal Frog
#104 - 2013-05-15 23:33:21 UTC
Mnemosyne Gloob wrote:
What was i just reading?


The proper term is "gibberish". Yes, gibberish!
St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#105 - 2013-06-08 10:16:37 UTC
Hello world

There is a person, his name is HTC NecoSino, he told me awesome things, I updated the guide for Odyssey

Have a lovely day ☻/
Takeda Tekitomura
Kruxwaffe
#106 - 2013-06-08 18:03:28 UTC
You updated it? Where? :)
Space Wanderer
#107 - 2013-06-15 17:46:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Space Wanderer
St Mio wrote:
Hello world

There is a person, his name is HTC NecoSino, he told me awesome things, I updated the guide for Odyssey

Have a lovely day ☻/



I think I know what he might have told you. Big smile Whoever thinks that your guide is useless doesn't know the first thing about scanning (although a little bit of work moe might be still required). However remember that at least some signature sizes have changed (I distinclty remmeber finding many signature size of 1% real, not just an approximation of 1.25%, on SISI), you might have to update your list.
Mia Lang
Department of Planetary Services
Intergalatic Complex Specialist
#108 - 2013-06-16 00:27:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Mia Lang
Mnemosyne Gloob wrote:
What was i just reading?




hope his child is moar literate than he is. . .
Ginger Barbarella
#109 - 2013-06-16 02:15:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Barbarella
CCP Spitfire wrote:
There was an issue with parsing this post's BBCode


The irony is delicious here given the cluster**** that is exploration now... :-p

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

A Man Divided
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#110 - 2013-06-17 20:32:14 UTC
Hi, mind explaining how to use the new guide/updated tables/method for see the sig strength of the certain bands?

Ginger Barbarella
#111 - 2013-06-17 22:00:35 UTC
Mnemosyne Gloob wrote:
What was i just reading?


Someone's teenager took the day off from school and got on Mommy's 'puter...

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Zero Sum Gain
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM
#112 - 2013-06-18 04:09:47 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Aethlyn wrote:
An Excel Document? You should really try to put this either into an HTML page or post it as a PDF file. Not sure how trustworthy people consider classic (pre-2007) office file formats from strangers.


It can't be done as PDF, and HTML might require skills or resources he doesn't have. As they say in the south, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. If your Office is patched properly there's little risk.

As I said in the previous forums, awesome work and thanks for doing this.



Seems like you'd be more aware of the existence of scams and malware as an eve player. Not even specific to this thread.
A Man Divided
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#113 - 2013-06-19 00:22:42 UTC
St Mio wrote:
Hello world

There is a person, his name is HTC NecoSino, he told me awesome things, I updated the guide for Odyssey

Have a lovely day ☻/


Can you explain....please..........
Derath Ellecon
Lotek Academy
#114 - 2013-06-19 01:09:10 UTC
Snapper Pumpkinpuss wrote:
Asshats i pay on 2 acounts my kid made me play cause hes in the USMC so we can talk so i liked it its fun i make money scanning but pay cash for my accounts and now i have to play a f-ing game to get a radar site that i might get 7 mill out of ...thanks its hard enough i have aurthiritis never mind that i have to out hack an 18 year old and im a 53 year old fat guy ... wow level tha playing field ....i like the game but i dont want to play solve a puzzle **** ...i sometimes win raceing for the goodies ...and sometimes loose ... some days you get the bear and some days you dont ... so as in some days you dont you guys sometimes dont get whos paying the salaries of your company....ship changes no problem screw missles no problem you cant allways nerf **** sometimes you need to make it better


Snapper Pumpkinpuss wrote:
no really great idea ...if your mineing an assteriod if you incorrectly scan it you get nothign and your ship blows up....or if your makeing stuff industrial and you fail the blueprints the base blows up ...or if your PvP and you barley kill the guy you get concorded anyways or if your late with your trade shipment your char gets incarcerated for a month in a penal colony...unless of course he can answer a puzzle ...which of course theres never an answer too so hes inactive for 30 days ... some romainain jackass thought of this and you guys never change it if its a dumbass idea ....rethink this


So wait, you raised children?
Mnemosyne Gloob
#115 - 2013-06-19 01:16:44 UTC
A Man Divided wrote:
St Mio wrote:
Hello world

There is a person, his name is HTC NecoSino, he told me awesome things, I updated the guide for Odyssey

Have a lovely day ☻/


Can you explain....please..........


WTB guide on getting isk - for free.

Anyway, there once were some pretty clever people, who after investigating why some signatures were harder to scan than others came up with an idea that signatures are actually 'banded together' in certain 'difficulties'. Much scanning and theorycrafting later it was figured out and it was also deemed useful to use the huge range of deep space scanner probes to mitigate the problem of deviation to 'filter' signatures. This was at first used in secrecy, but then made public. With the making it public, there appeared a trend to use this technique to only look for certain sites, and it spread. Soon many people were doing that.

I suppose CCP thought - rightfully in my opinion - that this is not an intended game feature and made some stuff happen, which they thought would make this phenomenon go away. But in their first release of the new 'scanner' a bug crept in, that in the distance column did not actually show the distance, but the disguised signature strength of a signature. Someone clever noticed this and made a thread/guide. CCP fixed this.

There are still (actually pretty easy) ways to look only for certain bands, but i am not of the kind to just relay this to anyone. So i suggest you go do some probing and maybe figure something out.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#116 - 2013-06-19 01:23:54 UTC
A Man Divided wrote:
Hi, mind explaining how to use the new guide/updated tables/method for see the sig strength of the certain bands?



Its less necessary because of the change to identifying sigs at 25% as combat or WH, and the default scanner sweep gives you some indication of which celestial clusters need checking, which dsps didn't. For me or my alt in a covops I can often identify any 0.1s as combat before I've finished warping to any reasonable distance gate, just by waving the default 4au box over each cluster.

you just have to learn what strength range on a 4au box for your skills to expect a 0.1 in. 0.025s for those hunting the best relic/datas are also pretty obvious.

I'd be suprised if I was slower on a 50 system sweep to identify all the 0.1 combats.
Lara Dantreb
Reisende des Schwarzschild Grenze
#117 - 2013-06-19 11:43:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Lara Dantreb
Thank you very much for this guide which was a must have !

---   Buying T2 ship bpos since 2005  ---