These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Odyssey Deployment

First post First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#81 - 2013-06-04 11:34:08 UTC

Original Post Updated:

UPDATE - 11:30 UTC - Estimated uptime is now 12:00 UTC - PREPARE FOR SPACESHIPS

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Alatari Yassavi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#82 - 2013-06-04 11:34:53 UTC
Good luck, I hope you have a new coffee pot ready. Big smile

Quit your bitching and fly!

Jessica Okel
Doomheim
#83 - 2013-06-04 11:35:54 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Original Post Updated:

UPDATE - 11:30 UTC - Estimated uptime is now 12:00 UTC - PREPARE FOR SPACESHIPS



OMG OMG OMG Lol
Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#84 - 2013-06-04 11:37:21 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Original Post Updated:

UPDATE - 11:30 UTC - Estimated uptime is now 12:00 UTC - PREPARE FOR SPACESHIPS



Hot
boernl
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2013-06-04 11:37:32 UTC
Adaahh Gee wrote:
Nexeroff Severasse wrote:
Adaahh Gee wrote:


And imagine how bad it is to go through all that, and then realise that the thing you have spent all that effort and time deploying doesn't actually work properly and is making the game worse for a huge amount of players.
If only there were some sort of test server where changes could be deployed and people could feedback on them and changes could then be crafted to how the actual playerbase plays the game. IF ONLY there were!!!!!!


This is exactly the type of thing I am speaking of...

If you worked on a major network with hundreds or thousands of connections, for any length of time, you would realize that testing is essential, as CCP does which is obviously the reason for them using test servers.

However, you would also know from experience, that no matter how hard you test any software, that the real problems do not come to light until it goes live, and is fully put to the test by all users.

The EVE system, the marketplace, the ship balancing, all of it is extremely complex. Just try navigating the marketplace. Look at all the third party apps and web sites that have been created to support it in different ways, and even still it's dynamics are barely understood.

When you insist on posting on subjects you cannot even begin to fathom because you obviously do not yet possess the experience or knowledge, you shed light on your own ignorance. Perhaps, maybe, just maybe, if you educate yourself a bit better, and maybe gain some real world experience, your post would shed different light upon you. But until that time, any attempt you make at posting sarcastic condescending remarks about CCP deploying that "thing" as you put it, updates, expansions, etc, will only make painfully obvious for those that do know and understand just how deep your ignorance in this regard goes. I cringe when I read posts like yours, because if you had even the slightest clue you would be embarrassed as I am embarrassed for you. Just ask any professional IS technical field how difficult major software updates are, then ask them how difficult custom proprietary software updates are, don't believe me do your own research. But until you educate yourself far better than you have, you shouldn't comment because you simply just do not possess the knowledge to do so.

You really have no clue, none. Let me say in in another way, you are devoid utterly of any knowledge that you could possibly base your biased selfish and inconsiderate remarks on. In your case it would be better if you said nothing at all and left people to wonder, than to write things like you have and remove all doubt.

I will say it yet again, people like yourself, with your over inflated self righteous indignity utterly disgust me. Grow up, stop acting like a child, it's a game, A GAME, it's not as if this is affecting your ability to feed, shelter and secure your life.


I am perfectly aware of the difficulties and obstacles in large IT projects (Granted, my background is more hardware than software) and I have huge admiration for the "Ground troops" that actually do the work to get these "things" deployed and working.
However, i question the management that decides to ignore user (customer) feedback and do it's own thing and then happily tell everyone how they have a test server and CSM because they "Value" the input of their players so much when in fact they ignore everything that doesn't fit in with their own ideas of what is "Correct".



very simpel they do read the comments and look at the feed back they just choose to follow theyr own idears
in the first 2 years that i played the game got improved a lot
lately im seeing that they fight so hard to get rid of the botters (the mining and ice belt changen)

that they forget that ppl actualy have to be able to grind the minerals and ice products

and beside that the calculation has bin made that theres enough for the refueling of posses
what about the jumb bridge networks in nulsec ??
they consume loads of liquid ozone

and the capitals that move around they also consume loads of fuel
seems like theyr more itnerested in getting more "young players" than keeping the older players itnerested
Elijah Alabel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2013-06-04 11:38:08 UTC
I love you CCP <3
Takanuro
Space-Brewery-Association
Local Is Primary
#87 - 2013-06-04 11:38:54 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Original Post Updated:

UPDATE - 11:30 UTC - Estimated uptime is now 12:00 UTC - PREPARE FOR SPACESHIPS



Now you're just showing off.

Yes, we're going to die, but you're coming with us!

Fredric Wolf
Black Sheep Down
Tactical Narcotics Team
#88 - 2013-06-04 11:39:50 UTC
Taking all bets. 3 hot fixes after servers go live before the game is playable. All in all still better patching then when I stated back in 2008.
boernl
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2013-06-04 11:41:14 UTC
Fredric Wolf wrote:
Taking all bets. 3 hot fixes after servers go live before the game is playable. All in all still better patching then when I stated back in 2008.

agree
Alindae
Mission of the Cresent Moon
#90 - 2013-06-04 11:41:48 UTC
*rocks back in forth in her chair with drool dripping from the corner of her mouth suffering internet space ship withdrawals*

(Love you CCP!)

*pauses in a moment of ADD, "I have 1 Like O.o?!"

*feels important for a short moment*
Nexeroff Severasse
Asymmetrical Explorations
#91 - 2013-06-04 11:43:30 UTC
Adaahh Gee wrote:


I am perfectly aware of the difficulties and obstacles in large IT projects (Granted, my background is more hardware than software) and I have huge admiration for the "Ground troops" that actually do the work to get these "things" deployed and working.
However, i question the management that decides to ignore user (customer) feedback and do it's own thing and then happily tell everyone how they have a test server and CSM because they "Value" the input of their players so much when in fact they ignore everything that doesn't fit in with their own ideas of what is "Correct".


I have read many posts about what people believe CCP should or should not do, some of it they listen to and apply, and have even commented so, and some they do not. Just because they are not doing what you believe they should do, or what ice miners believe they should do, or anyone else that their changes affect, and make gameplay more difficult for them does not mean it isn't right, nor isn't fair, nor isn't what they should be doing.

This game is not yours, you pay to gain access to it, and to play it. But literally none of the little pixels on the screen belong to you. They adapt the game in a way they believe is fair for everyone, not just for you.

There is extensive proof that CCP does listen to player input, and values it greatly, just look at the majority of the changes that have been made. And the fact they are willing to adapt to what the player base wants, is fairly uncommon in itself, look at the great MMORPGS that have come before EVE, like Ultima Online, they did not listen, and applied changes that have almost ruined it as a functional MMORPG.

Some people may disagree with me, and my opinionated views on this subject, and I expect some naturally to. I am not writing this to be liked, but to express a point of view that seems not to be expressed. I have no idea what CCP has discussed, they don't make their meetings nor minutes public, and I have a hard time believing that anyone that has been so critical does either. You assume too much, you play at knowing when you do not in fact know at all, you seem to think you have the inside track on CCP and their intentions, but you are really just guessing. I can only speak from my own technical experience, and have done so. Again, you make it painfully obvious that you do not in fact know. You can continue to make excuses for your previous statements and attempt to support your argument with guesses and misleading comments but you do not know, thus you cannot comment with any sort of authority. By saying what you have already you mislead some people into believing things that are most likely not the case.

I almost feel bad for being as brash as I am, but I suffer from saying exactly what I think and feel without reservation. That in itself may harm the point I am trying to make, this I realize, but it still does not negate the simple fact that if you do not know what you are talking about, then you shouldn't be talking about it.
MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2013-06-04 11:44:32 UTC
Alindae wrote:
*rocks back in forth in her chair with drool dripping from the corner of her mouth suffering internet space ship withdrawals*

(Love you CCP!)

*pauses in a moment of ADD, "I have 1 Like O.o?!"

*feels important for a short moment*

irs patch day, have another like. I've doubled your total!
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#93 - 2013-06-04 11:46:17 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Original Post Updated:

UPDATE - 11:30 UTC - Estimated uptime is now 12:00 UTC - PREPARE FOR SPACESHIPS


arrrgh you're going to lose me malcanis' competition you efficient viking villains

/me organises ddos
Jexis Ghan
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2013-06-04 11:46:57 UTC
Smoke me a kipper i will be back for breackfast.
Alindae
Mission of the Cresent Moon
#95 - 2013-06-04 11:47:35 UTC
MainDrain wrote:
Alindae wrote:
*rocks back in forth in her chair with drool dripping from the corner of her mouth suffering internet space ship withdrawals*

(Love you CCP!)

*pauses in a moment of ADD, "I have 1 Like O.o?!"

*feels important for a short moment*

irs patch day, have another like. I've doubled your total!


*Panics unsure what to do with so many likes so chooses to faint for 13 minutes!*
Spyres
Falsify Holdings
#96 - 2013-06-04 11:47:37 UTC
Beans Headio wrote:
Cant wait for this .... Thank You CCP


Yes you can
Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2013-06-04 11:51:25 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Original Post Updated:

UPDATE - 11:30 UTC - Estimated uptime is now 12:00 UTC - PREPARE FOR SPACESHIPS


You know how to kill my productivity...

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

Aurora Nyx
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#98 - 2013-06-04 11:51:27 UTC
Not sure if it's just Eve Gate, but Gallente Battlecruiser and Gallente Destroyer are showing as (0x) skills - no rank.
bezem
Los Locos Inc
#99 - 2013-06-04 11:52:18 UTC
server is up all login
bezem
Los Locos Inc
#100 - 2013-06-04 11:52:36 UTC
lolololololololololololol