These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP please do not compensate !!!

Author
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#181 - 2013-06-04 06:00:41 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
dark heartt wrote:
Anti social nature? Have you and I been playing the same game?


Apparently not. Have to understand I'm not some 20 year-old. Played games where socialization was the standard, not a rarity (MUDs for example)...and enforced.

dark heartt wrote:
Also there is not a thing wrong with Eve's subscription levels. It has been slowly growing for 10 years and has one of the most dedicated (and rabid) fanbases of any game I have ever been involved with.


S-l-o-w-l-y. So slow, maybe in 10 more years it'll have 1 million actual subs (not dual box accounts being at least 40% of the number count). By 2005, 1 year after launch, WoW had 500k subs (in a day multiboxing was almost non-existent, actual 1 sub per computer / household deal...and laptops for playing games was dismal).

You bet CCP watches every Blizzard move, as WoW dominates the MMO world. Pure suicide not too. Best CCP can do is carve a niche, not confront that giant, many a game tried and litter the MMO graveyard.

And why is it successful? It's a game about inclusion. EvE is about exclusion. It's a niche game, with the subs to prove it.


I'm not sure what your point is? Every MMO is small compared to WoW. Most MMOs combined don't match WoW numbers. The ones that tried to replicate it's popularity or copy the gameplay failed and are now almost without exception either dead or smaller then EVE. So if EVE is niche because of the low sub numbers, the MMO market in the west compromises pretty much from WoW and the rest are niche. So what you're saying doesn't make sense in that regard. WoW is the exception and therefore should not be used as the norm to judge all other MMOs. I'm also not sure what you expect CCP do differently to change things? Be more like WoW in order to fail like the rest and have EVE subs plummet?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#182 - 2013-06-04 06:03:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
Zenith Huunuras wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Arronicus wrote:


System security is the responsibility of CCP. Just like if you leave your back window open, and your belongs inside the car get stolen; it's your fault, CCP had holes in the security of their server backend, and they got exploited.



Interesting that there are still cultures around that blame the victim for a crime committed against them. Please tell me what country you are from so I can be sure to never go there.

Mr Epeen Cool


This is coming from a member of the community where the "victims" of suicide ganking, scams, corp thefts and other gray shenanigans are not only blamed, but mocked for it.


Here's the thing. Game world ≠ real world. I was commenting on the real world example he gave.

I am completely secure in my ability to differentiate reality from virtual reality and their respective acceptable behaviors. Though it seems that many here can't.

Kind of sad, really.

Mr Epeen Cool
Don Purple
Snuggle Society
#183 - 2013-06-04 06:05:58 UTC
I am fine without compensation :), this is a great game and just keep improving it.

<3 CCP
haha

Don.Twisted

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Jacob Muvila
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#184 - 2013-06-04 06:19:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Jacob Muvila
Don Purple wrote:
I am a huge fanboy and I want to suck some ccp **** :)~ , this is a game is my life .

<3 CCP 8====D ~ ~ ~
haha

Don.Twisted

Yet more kissing ass. LOL it really is to ******* funny.
You are not getting any brownie points from CCP. They don't know who the **** you are they only want your money.
Posting **** like this only goes to try and prove who the bigger fan boy is.

See you are all huge fan boys this thread was written by a fan boy for fan boys.
One thing I can say is that the forums here are a very small part of the player base and I am rather sure most people do want to get comped.
Le Badass
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#185 - 2013-06-04 06:24:06 UTC
Given that the compensation we all have in mind is completely free for CCP to give - It will in no way influence their income or the viability of this game - I see no reason to reject a compensation which, for some, is probably fully warranted.

Gordon Esil
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#186 - 2013-06-04 06:38:11 UTC
Maybe a check on CCP side for skill queues logs (if that ever existed) for the people who were unable to update their skill training during that down time will be more "fair" to the community

If someone got his skill training finishes during the crisis time then he can be compensated for an equal number of SP, other people who were having longer queues and did not have an issue with skill queue empty I guess better not to have that (and I am one of them)

But I would go +1 no compensation for all as well that is not CCP's fault, and it will bring more love to CCP yes but will make whoever did that do it again (if he was a player), or will make some players try and do that again
Mukuro Gravedigger
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#187 - 2013-06-04 06:45:22 UTC
Jacob Muvila wrote:
One thing I can say is that the forums here are a very small part of the player base and I am rather sure most people do want to get comped.


That is pretty good - knowing what everyone wants. I want to try that too!

"One thing I can say is in real life you are a very small part of being a nobody and I am rather sure most people do consider you to be an ass."
Erutpar Ambient
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#188 - 2013-06-04 06:45:31 UTC
For some people their skill queues ended during that period of time that could not log in. (me for example) I think it would be at the very least fair to comp an amount of SP equal to the average learning rate over the period of time the servers were down. Some people won't be able to get their destroyer/BC skills because of it.
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#189 - 2013-06-04 06:51:09 UTC
I agree with OP - please, CCP, do not compensate anything to Freya Kaundur and his/her alt accounts.
JaseNZ
EG CORP
#190 - 2013-06-04 07:09:06 UTC
Compensation doesn't worry me...I didn't lose anything during the downtimes.

All of my characters were training at the time, and all my S&I still ticked away like it was meant to.
Le Badass
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#191 - 2013-06-04 07:17:19 UTC
If someone loses their ship in game, it's their own fault for:
- Taking that freighter through Uedama.
- Not checking dotlan before jumping into that low sec system.
- Armor tanking rather than shield tanking, making his ship slow and vulnerable to kiting.
- Not bringing a falcon/friends.
This has always been the logic of the forums

... But if CCPs servers get nuked because of "What we can now confirm is that a person was able to utilize a vulnerability in one of the back-end services that support the operation of the Tranquility server.", the whole HTFU-crowd goes full nanny on CCP, defending their honor and excusing them like there was no tomorrow.
I find this a bit strange.
Mind you, I'm (naturally) pro-CCP/Eve (why else would I play) and most of the time also on the HTFU-team, but this e-bromance is a little over the top.

If someone lost SP and CCP can pinpoint exactly who and how many, I'd be fine with only those people getting compensation. If they decide to compensate all and be done with it, I certainly won't complain either. Sentries V takes forever as it is :)
Jake Tzestu
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#192 - 2013-06-04 07:19:52 UTC
I'm not too fussed one way or the other if free SP is given, but rest assured i will be more than happy to use it if it is given.

If everyone is given the same it doesnt really change much as we all just move 50k ahead and as already been said those of us with chars over 100mill SP 50k is just lose change behind the sofa. You know its there but you dont really care too much. CoolCool
peacebee
Turian Standings and Loans
#193 - 2013-06-04 07:21:59 UTC
I lost Maybe 6h of training, not a massive deal but i have a goal in mind a few long skills away so it annoyed me, I lost out on isk from my income but hell, i can make it up in time.
I would really love SP, but I wont demand it, i have no right to. If they want to comp, Fireworks. To celebrate eve is back online. Simple
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#194 - 2013-06-04 07:33:21 UTC
I didn't lose any training, I should not have been compensated. Compensating everyone is unfair, because it doesn't fix what happened. Only the people who lost training should have been compensated.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Forum Puppet
Black Wormholes of Apocrypha
TOGETHER WE STAND
#195 - 2013-06-04 07:51:48 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
I didn't lose any training, I should not have been compensated. Compensating everyone is unfair, because it doesn't fix what happened. Only the people who lost training should have been compensated.


and maybe the ones who lost the only day of the week when they were able to make some isk to maintain their account... I think compensation should be more in terms of time added to account rather than SPs.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#196 - 2013-06-04 08:04:55 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
I'm not sure what your point is? Every MMO is small compared to WoW. Most MMOs combined don't match WoW numbers. The ones that tried to replicate it's popularity or copy the gameplay failed and are now almost without exception either dead or smaller then EVE. So if EVE is niche because of the low sub numbers, the MMO market in the west compromises pretty much from WoW and the rest are niche. So what you're saying doesn't make sense in that regard. WoW is the exception and therefore should not be used as the norm to judge all other MMOs. I'm also not sure what you expect CCP do differently to change things? Be more like WoW in order to fail like the rest and have EVE subs plummet?


EvE *is* a niche game. It's not mainstream (and it will never be with the rules it plays by).

And WoW isn't the only game in town. There's other genres, and they too are ruled by the same companies (Activision-Blizzard with WoW for MMOs and Activision-Blizzard with CoD for FPS games). They got to be popular with the inclusion model, not the exclusion one that EvE operates under.

If CCP wants to carve a bigger share of the pie, it'll have to make changes. Top, down to be more user friendly. Otherwise it'll be looked at as but a "sandbox" game, and with all of the flak sandbox games get (such as being unpolished; beta quality; unfinished, etc).

That's how it goes.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Tiven loves Tansien
Doomheim
#197 - 2013-06-04 08:09:34 UTC
CCP don't you dare give free SP to the players of EVE.

I've lost months of not learning anything when i had yearly subscriptions and i was just bored with EVE and it's completely fine.

Crybabies should learn to deal with things much worse than that.


Some people just disgust me.
Theodore Giumbix
All Gates Are Green
#198 - 2013-06-04 08:16:44 UTC
+1 for no compensation but a bigger training queue would be nice..

Yo, New Eden, got capsuleers in da house. What's up? And their pimped rides. Yo, capsuleer, if ya want me to unpimp your ride, lemme hear ya say Wat?

Shocker Stalin
Doomheim
#199 - 2013-06-04 08:17:51 UTC
Just compensate me by making the Odyssey transition smooth..... pleeeease! Big smile
Gelatine
EverBroke Geeks
#200 - 2013-06-04 08:25:42 UTC
I don't mind either way what CCP decide to do on this issue; it's their game and nobody is forcing anyone to use the skillpoints if any are allocated.

That said, I would find it both funny and ironic if every character affected by the blackout got skillpoints from CCP that could only be applied to the hacking skill. It would fit in with the Odyssey expansion theme and shove two fingers straight back to the scumbags who caused this charade.