These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

My Ten Cents on Bounties, Criminal Flagging, and Jet Cans

Author
Coyote Laughing
#1 - 2013-05-29 06:59:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Coyote Laughing
Principle I: Your criminal intent is demonstrated when you open a can or scan a cargo hold - even if you find nothing worth stealing or ganking over.

Principle II: Crimes against property are not as serious as crimes with violence.

Principle III: Persons in high sec should be entitled to the same legal protection, regardless of what corporation they are in.

According to the principles, I make the following proposals:

SUSPECT FLAGS

1. When a suspect flag is issued, it does not become a criminal flag until they use a weapon/ECM.

2. Only those with an interest in the property (person/corp/fleet) will see the suspect flag, unless a kill right is activated.

3. Opening a yellow can or wreck, or scanning any cargo hold triggers a suspect flag (it is assumed if you have the password for white secure cans, you are entitled).

KILL RIGHTS

1. Kill rights will still be issued in high security space, regardless of a war declaration.

2. Kill rights should not expire, as less experienced and/or industrial players will always be at a disadvantage.

3. CONCORD should allow counter bribes to counter a war declaration, or even an auction.

JET CANS

1. When a miner over fills their cargo hold, the excess spills into space for anybody to claim (a blue jet can).

2. After a reasonable time interval being unattended, a jet can or wreck will turn blue (is considered abandoned).

3. When a ship leaves a system (not player disconnects), any lost drones will be considered abandoned and turn blue. They will also be able to be tractored and warped onto without being probed down.

l8r \o/

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#2 - 2013-05-29 11:27:46 UTC
Ummm...what?

You clearly don't understand the current mechanic well enough to propose completely rewriting CrimeWatch to suit your own purposes.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-05-29 11:28:28 UTC
"scanning any cargo hold triggers a suspect flag" Don't think this one would work out as scanning a cargo doesn't automatically mean you have criminal intentions.

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#4 - 2013-05-29 11:34:23 UTC
Coyote Laughing wrote:
.....as less experienced and/or industrial players will always be at a disadvantage.



You know this is See & Pee, right?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#5 - 2013-05-29 12:37:21 UTC
Your 10 cents will buy you nothing here.

I am amused that at least one of your suggestions is pretty much a reversion to the previous crimewatch system.

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Shiera Kuni
Electric Machete
#6 - 2013-05-29 17:16:03 UTC
Capt Starfox wrote:
"scanning any cargo hold triggers a suspect flag" Don't think this one would work out as scanning a cargo doesn't automatically mean you have criminal intentions.


I know, right? It makes it hard for us honest, hard working Customs Agents to do our jobs. Gotta root out contraband, y'know? Like that PLEX... yeaah, I'll be taking that.

CCP Falcon:  This thread is terrible.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#7 - 2013-05-29 17:49:42 UTC
Coyote Laughing wrote:


JET CANS

1. When a miner over fills their cargo hold, the excess spills into space for anybody to claim (a blue jet can).

2. After a reasonable time interval being unattended, a jet can or wreck will turn blue (is considered abandoned).

3. When a ship leaves a system (not player disconnects), any lost drones will be considered abandoned and turn blue. They will also be able to be tractored and warped onto without being probed down.


1. Why. What mechanism does this represent? Why would you waste ore in such a ridiculous manner?

2. Unnecessary. After two hours, it disintegrates.

3. All lost drones are effectively blue at the present (actually they are white). Why would they be instantly visible without probing? Their sensor footprint is now larger than a station!?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#8 - 2013-05-29 17:49:49 UTC
Kill rights issued regardless of wardec? Are you daft? and the kill rights will have no expiration? Seriously, are you absolutely out of your head?

Will ignore the whole purpose of war decs being a legal way to combat people in hi sec. Obviously, you must really want no such legal action given your proposal.

How would tour suggestion impact a group like say... Marmite? They kill what... 200 ships a day. So you want the kilboard database to have to handle 200 New records with deletions only occurring when a right is successfully used? No that won't bloat at all. What about Red vs Blue where you can easily see 200 kills per hour, and all parties involved are willing to fight and happy with the mechanic as is?

Sorry, but this seems more like how to make the system favor you without any thought to other players or the core premise of eve. You need to take your proverbial ten cents and go far away, because this has to be one of the most short sighted views yet.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#9 - 2013-05-29 17:52:54 UTC
Coyote Laughing wrote:
Principle I: Your criminal intent is demonstrated when you open a can or scan a cargo hold - even if you find nothing worth stealing or ganking over.

Principle II: Crimes against property are not as serious as crimes with violence.

Principle III: Persons in high sec should be entitled to the same legal protection, regardless of what corporation they are in.

According to the principles, I make the following proposals:



TBH, its your premise that is utterly flawed.

Principle I: Why is that criminal intent? I can think of plenty of circumstances when doing either or both is completely innocent.

Principle II: No. Lol no no no no no no. If I pod someone, big whoop 2 seconds later they are back. if I steal all their ships and all the Isk they worked up over the last year of playing, then surely that is many times more serious (to them).

Principle III: They are.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-05-29 18:00:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
You people do realize this moron is trolling right? Nobody and I mean nobody got hit with the stupid stick that hard when they were born.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#11 - 2013-05-29 18:11:16 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
You people do realize this moron is trolling right? Nobody and I mean nobody got hit with the stupid stick that hard when they were born.


Better to get trolled in C&P than listen to those who actually mean the stupid nonsense they say in EGD, though.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#12 - 2013-05-29 19:41:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Xuixien
This topic was terrible.

Seriously, this is worse than The Xuixien Story.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist