These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Odyssey] Unofficial Patchnotes // Massive Feature Write Up

First post
Author
Nar Tha
Doomheim
#21 - 2013-05-26 21:23:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Nar Tha
Thanks for all the nice feedback so far, I appriciate it.


Salpun wrote:
[...] There was talk of a updated NPE becouse of the changes to scanning and a new 3d ship progression system so you can see what you can fly. [...]

Will check if the tutorials have changed. I don't exactly understand what you are referring to with the second part, though. Could you explain this a little bit more or maybe point me to where you have heard about it?


James Amril-Kesh wrote:
[...] the Paladin is currently using the Apoc model as a placeholder. [...]
The Daredevil is also getting a new skin, [...]

Thanks a lot, I added both of these infos.


Fonac wrote:
[...] Whenever you're on your "last" shot, the target start to blink... [...]

Never heard of this one before either. I also can not reproduce it at the moment. I would be thankful for any form of media (screenshot, video) or a link to a devpost confirming this.


Salpun wrote:
The 10 year in eve gift items are on Sisi as well.

They are also already on Tranquility, aren't they?
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#22 - 2013-05-26 21:39:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
There was a 3d ship model tree video floating around possibly off the dev server chaos a couple months ago.

http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2013/03/pic-of-week-skill-tree.html

CCP Devs are talking about a new orbit message on twitter. Orbit message is on display where the warping message is when orbiting. Erlendur tweet.

Gold Pod and other perks I thought was waiting for Odyssey could be wrong though.

T3 restriction on the lower DED sites is on Sisi per thread in the test server forums and feature forums but might not have a offical dev post about it yet.

Even with people testing everything we will still miss 1/3 of the patch notes.P

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Nar Tha
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-05-26 22:56:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Nar Tha
Thanks a lot for the help, Salpun.

Have added the T3 DED site changes and the orbiting message thing to section 10 (little things). I think I won't add the ship tree yet, since it's neither been confirmed nor on Sisi.

Will look into more things tomorrow.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#24 - 2013-05-26 23:12:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Nar Tha wrote:
Thanks a lot for the help, Salpun.

Have added the T3 DED site changes and the orbiting message thing to section 10 (little things). I think I won't add the ship tree yet, since it's neither been confirmed nor on Sisi.

Will look into more things tomorrow.

No problem. Once the new mirror hits and I can log in I will have more stuff you can add to your list.

Dev posts mention there was something added with the targets and rows that the new radial menu feature controls that I have not seen a mention or picture of yet.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Heian Galanodel
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2013-05-27 01:26:50 UTC
Great stuff! I like it!

"An acorn that is unafraid to destroy itself in growing into a tree."

-David Zindell, The Broken God (1992)-

Tiven loves Tansien
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-05-27 09:55:52 UTC
good job, man
Gus Huntah
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-05-27 10:00:25 UTC
great job, thank you!
mr ed thehouseofed
Wrought iron Industries
#28 - 2013-05-27 10:15:09 UTC
well done +1

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#29 - 2013-05-27 10:35:16 UTC
I will leave my bitterness towards Odyssey out of this thread.

And just +1 for the good write up.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#30 - 2013-05-27 10:53:12 UTC
Nar Tha wrote:
Hello everyone.

I have been working on collecting all information to everything that changes in Odyssey, be it from forum posts, dev blogs, Fanfest presentations or Sisi testruns of other players and myself.


The result is this: http://neural-boost.com/odyssey


Every bit of the relevant info is there, but there are also allways links to the sources, where you can read how the info was originally released.
Please let me know if you find something missing or to be false. I will update this frequently.

The article is part of a site I'm working on, that focuses on game development news on EVE and Dust. It is work in progress though, so it might be a bit buggy.

Awesome Big smile

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#31 - 2013-05-27 10:55:34 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Nar Tha wrote:
Hello everyone.

I have been working on collecting all information to everything that changes in Odyssey, be it from forum posts, dev blogs, Fanfest presentations or Sisi testruns of other players and myself.


The result is this: http://neural-boost.com/odyssey


Every bit of the relevant info is there, but there are also allways links to the sources, where you can read how the info was originally released.
Please let me know if you find something missing or to be false. I will update this frequently.

The article is part of a site I'm working on, that focuses on game development news on EVE and Dust. It is work in progress though, so it might be a bit buggy.

Awesome Big smile

So you going to tell us whats missingTwisted

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Zloco Crendraven
BALKAN EXPRESS
Shadow Cartel
#32 - 2013-05-27 10:58:27 UTC
Great site mate. Keep it going. +1

BALEX, bringing piracy on a whole new level.

cerbus
Carpe Noctem.
#33 - 2013-05-27 11:03:14 UTC  |  Edited by: cerbus
You forgot to include the white apocalypse :3

This character is no longer affiliated with the Caldari Prime Pony Club.

Septimus Sturn
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-05-27 11:23:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Septimus Sturn
I normally don't write on the forums but this summary is excellent!
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#35 - 2013-05-27 11:27:17 UTC
Nar Tha wrote:
Hello everyone.

I have been working on collecting all information to everything that changes in Odyssey, be it from forum posts, dev blogs, Fanfest presentations or Sisi testruns of other players and myself.


The result is this: http://neural-boost.com/odyssey


Every bit of the relevant info is there, but there are also allways links to the sources, where you can read how the info was originally released.
Please let me know if you find something missing or to be false. I will update this frequently.

The article is part of a site I'm working on, that focuses on game development news on EVE and Dust. It is work in progress though, so it might be a bit buggy.


Excellent, thank you o7
Logix42
Taxation Damnation
#36 - 2013-05-27 11:49:36 UTC
Nicely done! +1

Go beyond the edge of space... Explore

Enthropic
Perkone
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-05-27 11:54:09 UTC
nicely done, great website!
I Am Kav
Kav Inc.
#38 - 2013-05-27 12:03:51 UTC  |  Edited by: I Am Kav
Nice guide

One extra bit under the Ice changes (3.3. Ice Harvesting)

There will only be 2500 ice blocks per spawn as confirmed by CCP Fozzie on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/CCP_Fozzie/status/329251984098070528
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#39 - 2013-05-27 12:06:29 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Ytterbium
NoooOOOoooooOOOOOoooo why do I only spot this when I'm just done writing our internal patch notes for my team CryEvil

I could have been a lazy snob and just copy / pasted them from here! Or just have a link!

It was Earth all along!


PS: might want to correct a few things, the Drake Navy Issue now has 900 powergrid, and the Hurricane Fleet Issue has 1350 powergrid. Very nice site though P

PPS: and the Navy BC offers have been reduced a bit, they now are:


  • Regular corporation LP stores, blueprint offer: 200,000 LPs plus 100 million ISK for 1 run blueprint copy (BPC)
  • Regular corporation LP stores, built ship offer: 250,000 LPs plus 1x built tech1 Battlecruiser plus two Cruiser sized Nexus Chips
  • FW Loyalty Point stores, blueprint offer: for 100,000 LPs plus 10m ISK for 1 run BPC
  • FW Loyalty Point Stores, built ship offer: 100,000 LPs plus 1x built tech1 Battlecruiser plus two Cruiser sized Nexus Chips
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#40 - 2013-05-27 12:11:16 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
NoooOOOoooooOOOOOoooo why do I only spot this when I'm just done writing our internal patch notes for my team CryEvil

I could have been a lazy snob and just copy / pasted them from here! Or just have a link!

It was Earth all along!


PS: might want to correct a few things, the Drake Navy Issue now has 900 powergrid, and the Hurricane Fleet Issue has 1350 powergrid. Very nice site though P

PPS: and the Navy BC offers have been reduced a bit, they now are:


  • Regular corporation LP stores, blueprint offer: 200,000 LPs plus 100 million ISK for 1 run blueprint copy (BPC)
  • Regular corporation LP stores, built ship offer: 250,000 LPs plus 1x built tech1 Battlecruiser plus two Cruiser sized Nexus Chips
  • FW Loyalty Point stores, blueprint offer: for 100,000 LPs plus 10m ISK for 1 run BPC
  • FW Loyalty Point Stores, built ship offer: 100,000 LPs plus 1x built tech1 Battlecruiser plus two Cruiser sized Nexus Chips


Good Guy Ytterbium, Writes full patch notes, finds community written full patchnotes, reads it all, and corrects minor faults to help community.

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

     _myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}