These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

"DOWNLOADING LAUNCHER UPDATE"

First post
Author
Degin'eth
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-05-23 18:11:52 UTC
Stuck on "DOWNLOADING LAUNCHER UPDATE" .

Anyone else with this issue?
Obunagawe
#2 - 2013-05-23 18:19:33 UTC
That's because it's a piece of ****.
Browneye84
Iron Inquisition
Hisec Miners
#3 - 2013-05-23 18:21:04 UTC
Same
ABM Rambo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-05-23 18:23:39 UTC
same

but it tells me 150 people are on
Jenny Delincuente
Paranoid Habits Learned
#5 - 2013-05-23 18:30:22 UTC
I share your fine troubles
Browneye84
Iron Inquisition
Hisec Miners
#6 - 2013-05-23 18:46:40 UTC
No fixes for this?
Mavis Tikalie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-05-23 18:54:41 UTC
I have the same issue. Those 148 people are taunting me.
Browneye84
Iron Inquisition
Hisec Miners
#8 - 2013-05-23 18:56:55 UTC
Indeed ~_~
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#9 - 2013-05-23 18:57:26 UTC
You can do either one of these:

  • Run repair.exe --buildno=540788 --safemode
  • Download and execute this installer and point it at your Singularity installation
Browneye84
Iron Inquisition
Hisec Miners
#10 - 2013-05-23 18:59:40 UTC
When i run the repair, it begins downloading a 600+MB download, is that right?
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#11 - 2013-05-23 19:02:43 UTC
Its odd that the exefile start up path also causes a loop. Try's to install but gets to installing the new launcher and cant.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#12 - 2013-05-23 19:03:06 UTC
Browneye84 wrote:
When i run the repair, it begins downloading a 600+MB download, is that right?

No that the TQ build the default.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#13 - 2013-05-23 19:04:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
CCP Atropos wrote:
You can do either one of these:

  • Run repair.exe --buildno=540788 --safemode
  • Download and execute this installer and point it at your Singularity installation


The down load trys to install TQ

Repair tool short cut with added text gets locked up saying a laucher is running.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Browneye84
Iron Inquisition
Hisec Miners
#14 - 2013-05-23 19:04:54 UTC
Thats what i thought so i stopped it, so that first option CCP doesnt work.

Time to try the 2nd....
Browneye84
Iron Inquisition
Hisec Miners
#15 - 2013-05-23 19:05:15 UTC
Salpun wrote:
CCP Atropos wrote:
You can do either one of these:

  • Run repair.exe --buildno=540788 --safemode
  • Download and execute this installer and point it at your Singularity installation


The down load trys to install TQ


Well there goes option 2 >_<
Browneye84
Iron Inquisition
Hisec Miners
#16 - 2013-05-23 19:08:17 UTC
Omnathious Deninard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
Likes received: 1,053
#207Posted: 2013.05.23 18:58

what I did was go into your sisi folder /launcher/cache and run the updater. then relaunch the launcher and it should start to download the new update.
That's what worked for me at least

- I tried the above too and that just tried to patch my SISI client to tranq, WTF is gong on :-/
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2013-05-23 19:09:45 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
What worked for me: Install option 2, wait for the launcher to start, close the launcher (before it is really patching the client), restart the launcher through normal link, let it patch (should be a small patch).

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
#18 - 2013-05-23 19:13:48 UTC
Browneye84 wrote:
Omnathious Deninard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
Likes received: 1,053
#207Posted: 2013.05.23 18:58

what I did was go into your sisi folder /launcher/cache and run the updater. then relaunch the launcher and it should start to download the new update.
That's what worked for me at least

- I tried the above too and that just tried to patch my SISI client to tranq, WTF is gong on :-/

mine too, then I opened the shortcut for sisi and it patched to the current sisi build

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#19 - 2013-05-23 19:16:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
When the repair tool did not work I restarted my computer. Worked perfectly. What?

Now I just need that re mirror so I can get my passwords matched up.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Noonxo
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-05-23 19:27:59 UTC
Did the 2nd method and worked for me.


  • Close EVE
  • Download and install the patch, pointing to Sisi folder
  • When the launcher starts at the end of install, close it
  • (I had to manually kill the "launcher.exe" process in my task manager here, as it kept running)
  • Start with your normal SISI shortcut
  • Let it update
123Next page