These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Drone 10/10 exploit

Author
Rual Storge
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-05-22 15:36:43 UTC
So i was hunting for some targets and i find 2 characters in a 10/10 plex. I have probed them out and it keeps pointing me to the same 10/10 over and over again. When i go in, i come out in the first room and that one is still untouched. I probe again, still same room. I try to go to the next room, as the victems must be in there, cant pass due i need to clear out all the npc before gate scram is over.

So how can these 2 characters be in a plex without passing the first room? This must be a exploit, does someone know if this is one? They completed it in 30 minuts in a Tengu and a Nightmare

Thx
Meghel
SilfMeg Mining and Transportation Co
#2 - 2013-05-22 18:11:58 UTC
In this case, make a report to CCP and state the name of the Plex, the players you suspect of exploiting, and what exactly you are finding.

Which complex was it?

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/DED_Complex_List

Fango Mango
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-05-22 19:13:25 UTC
I don't know about this particular complex, but there are lots of missions that have spawns based on timers where it is possible to slip through a gate between timed spawns leaving the gate behind you locked when the next spawn hits.


-FM
Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-05-22 19:23:44 UTC
Can be tags or skills in play here to access the gate, as it is with the "Watch/Vigil" site. Right tag in cargo allows you to enter second room without killing anything in the first room.
Rual Storge
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-05-22 22:58:03 UTC
Eru GoEller wrote:
Can be tags or skills in play here to access the gate, as it is with the "Watch/Vigil" site. Right tag in cargo allows you to enter second room without killing anything in the first room.


Which tag is it?
Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-05-23 04:59:47 UTC
Rual Storge wrote:
Eru GoEller wrote:
Can be tags or skills in play here to access the gate, as it is with the "Watch/Vigil" site. Right tag in cargo allows you to enter second room without killing anything in the first room.


Which tag is it?

For Watch it's the Silver tag, for Vigil it's the Gold tag. Can't really remember which one it was for the minor annex.
Never done the Outgrowth drone hive but noted down what was needed for reference: Plasma physics trained to 4 and a Zbikoki's Hacker Card.
Pitrolo Orti
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-05-23 06:42:23 UTC
Kill the scrams and go in? I dont see what is the problem.

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#8 - 2013-05-23 06:57:51 UTC
Pitrolo Orti wrote:
Kill the scrams and go in? I dont see what is the problem.

The Problem is that we don't know how they got in ;-)

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Gus Huntah
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-05-23 07:59:22 UTC
maybe saw your scan probes and remained in the first room cloaked?
l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#10 - 2013-05-23 08:54:28 UTC
Also, do you have Warp Drive Operation level 5?

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Rual Storge
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-05-23 09:07:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Rual Storge
Yes got all skills, the first room appeard to be untouched, no wrecks ect.

And this is null sec, no vigil or watches present
Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-05-23 09:22:29 UTC
So which DED is it? Also they could have travelled there although it would have taken some time to do. Just align by the gate and go ahead.
Rual Storge
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-05-23 11:56:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Rual Storge
Eru GoEller wrote:
So which DED is it? Also they could have travelled there although it would have taken some time to do. Just align by the gate and go ahead.


10/10

Rual Storge wrote:
So i was hunting for some targets and i find 2 characters in a 10/10 plex. I have probed them out and it keeps pointing me to the same 10/10 over and over again. When i go in, i come out in the first room and that one is still untouched. I probe again, still same room. I try to go to the next room, as the victems must be in there, cant pass due i need to clear out all the npc before gate scram is over.

So how can these 2 characters be in a plex without passing the first room? This must be a exploit, does someone know if this is one? They completed it in 30 minuts in a Tengu and a Nightmare

Thx
Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-05-23 14:18:48 UTC
Just 10/10?, that's an odd naming contrary to the other known 10/10s that's named on the Evelopedia?

Like these ones:

10/10 Angel Cartel Naval Shipyard
Blood Raider Naval Shipyard
The Maze Centus Assembly
T.P. Co.
Serpentis Fleet Shipyard
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-05-23 14:40:01 UTC
as far as i remember Rogue Drone 10/10 there was no re-spawns in the first room.

when you are there, use d-scan to check if your targets are in next rooms or something. Maybe they cloaked (like some people already mentioned).

There was no tags or skills allowed you to pass uncleared room in Rogue Drone 10/10

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Doddy
Excidium.
#16 - 2013-05-23 15:19:32 UTC
Eru GoEller wrote:
Just 10/10?, that's an odd naming contrary to the other known 10/10s that's named on the Evelopedia?

Like these ones:

10/10 Angel Cartel Naval Shipyard
Blood Raider Naval Shipyard
The Maze Centus Assembly
T.P. Co.
Serpentis Fleet Shipyard


You didn't read the thread title did you ....
Sarah Olson
Alpha United Industries Inc.
#17 - 2013-05-23 18:34:20 UTC
They could have just flown off the grid in the first room. They would still be able to be probed but warping to them would always go to the first gate.
Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-05-23 18:56:39 UTC
Doddy wrote:
Eru GoEller wrote:
Just 10/10?, that's an odd naming contrary to the other known 10/10s that's named on the Evelopedia?

Like these ones:

10/10 Angel Cartel Naval Shipyard
Blood Raider Naval Shipyard
The Maze Centus Assembly
T.P. Co.
Serpentis Fleet Shipyard


You didn't read the thread title did you ....

Oops, Never saw that thread title "Drone 10/10 exploit" was an anagram of "Outgrowth Rogue Drone Hive 10/10) exploit"
Will not make the same mistake again, much to your satisfactiion i believe.
Rual Storge
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-05-23 21:50:20 UTC
Sarah Olson wrote:
They could have just flown off the grid in the first room. They would still be able to be probed but warping to them would always go to the first gate.


They were creating wrecks on d-scan, they were not off grid
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#20 - 2013-05-24 13:24:14 UTC
Rual Storge wrote:
Sarah Olson wrote:
They could have just flown off the grid in the first room. They would still be able to be probed but warping to them would always go to the first gate.


They were creating wrecks on d-scan, they were not off grid

if they were creating wreck on Dscan, but not on grid, this mean they are not, you know, on grid.


my suggestion: they were running another sig, close to this one, involving drones.

if you are sure you were on the only drone sig in system, then they were on a expedition, and you can get warpin on them using combat probe, and will land on the first gate
123Next page