These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM results

First post First post
Author
Callduron
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#41 - 2013-04-28 22:09:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Callduron
Overall I'm really pleased with the results. I followed the attempts to rig the election with interest. The HBC and CFC formed a pact and made a list of 14 candidates - several bloggers made lists of 14 non-bloc people to tactically vote. Both were scraping the bottom of the barrel with candidates who had poorly thought out and lazy campaigns that would have not seen them get votes if they weren't on some list filling positions 12-14.

Instead we've got the pick of the bloc candidates and the pick of the non-bloc candidates, the best from both. Mynnna is an excellent writer and thinker - the fix for high end asteroid ores could have been taken directly from his mittani.com article of a few months back. Sort is an amazing FC and cat herder, a delight to fly with. Jester, Mike Azariah, Ali Aras all have passionate intelligent platforms that attracted votes despite their not being on the bloc list. Malcanis and Mangara had the advantage both of being excellent personally and of getting bloc votes. There's not one duff candidate in the final 14.

The candidates from my alliance (TEST) are great guys but frankly didn't do enough to reach out to the community and show what they're worth. I hope they're back next year with platforms that can inspire the community beyond their own alliance.

Congratulations and best wishes to all the delegates.

I write http://stabbedup.blogspot.co.uk/

I post on reddit as /u/callduron.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#42 - 2013-04-28 23:01:20 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:

*loses 10,000 votes even with CCP actually trying to promote the election for once*



You lost 10,000 votes last year due to 'the incident'. I guess technically it's a tie then between last year and this.

Mr Epeen Cool
Illest Insurrectionist
C5 Flight
Brave Collective
#43 - 2013-04-28 23:34:31 UTC
They put all the numbers on the turn out page to see how many subscribers and the total voting percentage.

I don't get why they don't just come out and say it.
dark heartt
#44 - 2013-04-29 01:43:36 UTC  |  Edited by: dark heartt
None ofthe Above wrote:
Mangala Solaris of RvB (highsec? how'd that happen?) .


People seriously underestimate just how many mains are in RvB (which is understandable considering "everyone has an alt in RvB"). And Magala would have gotten a lot of votes from people who fly with him on the ganked roams regularly.
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
The Network.
#45 - 2013-04-29 15:59:53 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Snow Axe wrote:

*loses 10,000 votes even with CCP actually trying to promote the election for once*



You lost 10,000 votes last year due to 'the incident'. I guess technically it's a tie then between last year and this.

Mr Epeen Cool

ouch lol

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#46 - 2013-05-06 20:47:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Vortexo VonBrenner
Snow Axe wrote:

The one thing in life you can count on is not being able to count on Test :v



...yeah...guess I'll just modify this post to 'we'll see what happens'





.
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2013-05-07 21:58:24 UTC
So, the results are up, see dev blog

Holy Crap, There are letters on my face now?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#48 - 2013-05-07 22:27:53 UTC
Callduron wrote:
Sort is an amazing FC and cat herder, a delight to fly with.

what bad timing to discuss his skills at cat herding :v:
Frying Doom
#49 - 2013-05-07 22:50:52 UTC
Friggz wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
So much for the unstoppable bloc vote.


Eagerly awaiting Frying Doom's post on how he is still right.

Yes I agree I was completely wrong, and there is only 3 Null sec CSM members this time. Not the 10 members I thought there was.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Ali Aras
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind
#50 - 2013-05-07 23:43:31 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Friggz wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
So much for the unstoppable bloc vote.


Eagerly awaiting Frying Doom's post on how he is still right.

Yes I agree I was completely wrong, and there is only 3 Null sec CSM members this time. Not the 10 members I thought there was.

All nullsec is totally the same, and all of us nullsec candidates have the same experience, ideas, and were colluding for election.

I mean, I get the concern. I'd like it if we had a lowsec representative, and I'm disappointed Psychotic Monk didn't make it on for a different highsec perspective. I also really like the group we have, especially after having written what is probably several novels worth of skype chats over the course of the past week. On the whole, STV did okay and it can do better with improvements and better awareness pre-CSM9 voting.

http://warp-to-sun.tumblr.com -- my blog

Frying Doom
#51 - 2013-05-08 00:01:41 UTC
Ali Aras wrote:

All nullsec is totally the same, and all of us nullsec candidates have the same experience, ideas, and were colluding for election.

I mean, I get the concern. I'd like it if we had a lowsec representative, and I'm disappointed Psychotic Monk didn't make it on for a different highsec perspective. I also really like the group we have, especially after having written what is probably several novels worth of skype chats over the course of the past week. On the whole, STV did okay and it can do better with improvements and better awareness pre-CSM9 voting.

In all honest the STV system does work the best, but in elections with high voter turn out, if everything possible can be done to increase the awareness of the CSM, and as apparently Tags are unlikely on the forums for voters as a couple of Null sec people complained, then I would really suggest in-game bribes by CCP.

I frankly don't like it but it will at least make the CSM a more representative body.

I must admit I do like the line up of CSM8, but it is far to top heavy with Null members for the majority to ever take it seriously.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#52 - 2013-05-08 00:12:30 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

I must admit I do like the line up of CSM8, but it is far to top heavy with Null members for the majority to ever take it seriously.

why would the majority of players dislike a csm that represents them by being majority null
Frying Doom
#53 - 2013-05-08 00:17:03 UTC
EvilweaselSA wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

I must admit I do like the line up of CSM8, but it is far to top heavy with Null members for the majority to ever take it seriously.

why would the majority of players dislike a csm that represents them by being majority null

If you have to even ask that, you really have no idea how most of the game views Null, do you?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#54 - 2013-05-08 00:29:44 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

If you have to even ask that, you really have no idea how most of the game views Null, do you?

I know how you view null. The majority of players, who are null players, obviously like it.
Frying Doom
#55 - 2013-05-08 00:55:42 UTC
EvilweaselSA wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

If you have to even ask that, you really have no idea how most of the game views Null, do you?

I know how you view null. The majority of players, who are null players, obviously like it.

If that were true then voter turnout for Null really stinks.

with as you claim 250,000+ accounts being from Null and only 20-30,000 accounts voting.Lol

Grow up, as it has been said 50% of the game are solo players, solo players are not Null types, you make up at best 20% of the accounts.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2013-05-08 01:07:22 UTC  |  Edited by: EvilweaselSA
Frying Doom wrote:
EvilweaselSA wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

If you have to even ask that, you really have no idea how most of the game views Null, do you?

I know how you view null. The majority of players, who are null players, obviously like it.

If that were true then voter turnout for Null really stinks.

i'd only care if it stunk compared to highsec. as a group we are not supermen, we are merely better men
Frying Doom
#57 - 2013-05-08 02:17:36 UTC
EvilweaselSA wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
EvilweaselSA wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

If you have to even ask that, you really have no idea how most of the game views Null, do you?

I know how you view null. The majority of players, who are null players, obviously like it.

If that were true then voter turnout for Null really stinks.

i'd only care if it stunk compared to highsec. as a group we are not supermen, we are merely better men

Which leafs straight back to why should the majority of the game care about a CSM controlled by Null, who although a minority, think they are better than everyone else?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#58 - 2013-05-08 02:26:43 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Which leafs straight back to why should the majority of the game care about a CSM controlled by Null, who although a minority, think they are better than everyone else?


WHers are cool...most lowsec people too...heck, even a lot of people in hisec just log in and play without crying on the forums.

I guess the only people we actually look down on are the deranged hisec forum warriors who claim to speak for some silent majority that in actuality doesn't exist.

That said, there has been a steep decline in these Crusaders for No One, so perhaps soon we will all just get along.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

dark heartt
#59 - 2013-05-08 02:38:59 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Which leafs straight back to why should the majority of the game care about a CSM controlled by Null, who although a minority, think they are better than everyone else?


WHers are cool...most lowsec people too...heck, even a lot of people in hisec just log in and play without crying on the forums.

I guess the only people we actually look down on are the deranged hisec forum warriors who claim to speak for some silent majority that in actuality doesn't exist.

That said, there has been a steep decline in these Crusaders for No One, so perhaps soon we will all just get along.


As a highsec player, I totally agree with this post. The reason I relate to null is the general lack of whine from there. It annoys me to see people from highsec complaining about how unsafe the game is or something to that effect.
EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#60 - 2013-05-08 04:57:46 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

Which leafs straight back to why should the majority of the game care about a CSM controlled by Null, who although a minority, think they are better than everyone else?

a majority of the game is null, as i said.