These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Odyssey] Uppsy Daisy's Compendium

Author
Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#61 - 2013-04-24 14:44:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Uppsy Daisy
Added new decryptors and decryptor renames.

Pastebin contains new capital ship called 'Nation'?

Edit: looks like the Nation is a CCP ship used for live events, so forget that..
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#62 - 2013-04-24 18:18:43 UTC
Roc Wieler posted this image up: http://rocwieler.com/2013/04/24/iceland-2013-day-2/#jp-carousel-6666

If it's real, it reveals extremely detailed ship customization options.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Anakus
#63 - 2013-04-24 18:25:53 UTC
Uppsy Daisy wrote:
ICE CHANGES - Unconfirmed

- Removal of Ice Fields from Hi-Sec. Ice fields have been removed from the celestials table on latest Test Server Build(source Datamining). Likely moving to scanned down sites instead.
- New Ice Belt names have appeared in some data tables: Blue Ice Belt, White Glaze Belt, Smooth Glacial Mass Belt
- T2 Ice Harvester Cycle halved from 500 to 250 seconds, presumably they are doubling ice harvesting rates to balance the difficulty of finding an ice field via exploration.



BAH, I may as well quit playing eve then!
George Wilkes Hill
Liam Neeson Never Dies
#64 - 2013-04-24 18:26:09 UTC  |  Edited by: George Wilkes Hill
Dersen Lowery wrote:
Roc Wieler posted this image up: http://rocwieler.com/2013/04/24/iceland-2013-day-2/#jp-carousel-6666

If it's real, it reveals extremely detailed ship customization options.


I got really excited then immediately wondered if it's real. My next thought was even if they did show it off at fanfest it will probably be like the tessellation awesomeness and ship damage stuff they showed last year and we wont see it for awhile. Now I am depressed. Also great thread OP.
EDIT: So it turns out to be not real definitely felt too good to be true.
Sarmatiko
#65 - 2013-04-24 18:43:37 UTC
Dersen Lowery wrote:
If it's real

It is not. http://eve-files.com/media/corp/Tamber/

It still surprise me how people can't differentiate between ingame screenshots and mockups made in external program (3dsMax, Slimdx viewer etc).
Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#66 - 2013-04-24 19:21:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Uppsy Daisy
Sarmatiko wrote:
Dersen Lowery wrote:
If it's real

It is not. http://eve-files.com/media/corp/Tamber/

It still surprise me how people can't differentiate between ingame screenshots and mockups made in external program (3dsMax, Slimdx viewer etc).


How on earth did you know that was there!?

Quote:
BAH, I may as well quit playing eve then!


It does say 'unconfirmed', so quitting is a bit premature. Don't forget where to send your leftover ice if you do though.
Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#67 - 2013-04-24 19:59:17 UTC
It also looks like we're getting redesigned Atron, Incursus, Apocalypse, Heron, Tristan and another something that's just off-screen near the Atron/Incursus.

http://i.imgur.com/q6eDl8B.jpg

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

Anakus
#68 - 2013-04-24 20:15:48 UTC
Uppsy Daisy wrote:
Quote:
BAH, I may as well quit playing eve then!


It does say 'unconfirmed', so quitting is a bit premature. Don't forget where to send your leftover ice if you do though.



haha, no I'm waiting till after they actually implement that change, maybe I'll just move into null, but I won't be Ice harvesting, too dangerous for my linking
Sarmatiko
#69 - 2013-04-24 20:47:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
Maximus Andendare wrote:
It also looks like we're getting redesigned Atron, Incursus, Apocalypse, Heron, Tristan and another something that's just off-screen near the Atron/Incursus.

We will see new Apocalypse for sure on this FF and in Odyssey, as T1 model already in testing. IIRC there will be whole dev presentation about Apocalypse redesign at Saturday.
Model received non-radical redesign (despite initial dev posts about considering distancing from "machinegun look") and ship beefed-up with details, if you can say so. Amarr will approve. Bear
Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#70 - 2013-04-24 20:50:08 UTC
jeeeebus what a post! Thanks for the data mining report op! Big smile

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Phobos Motsu
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#71 - 2013-04-24 21:02:10 UTC
Is there ever going to be any love given to medium rails / beams to stop them from being a complete waste of time?
Morgan Madsen
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2013-04-24 21:20:56 UTC
Hyperion - Gallente Combat - gains more drones, a utility high, and extra low and 10% damage bonus instead of 5% to compensate for 6 turrets instead of 8. Will be absolutely awesome in small gangs.

Not sure why they are nerfing an already unused ship... zero logic here.
Dave stark
#73 - 2013-04-24 21:36:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
Morgan Madsen wrote:
Hyperion - Gallente Combat - gains more drones, a utility high, and extra low and 10% damage bonus instead of 5% to compensate for 6 turrets instead of 8. Will be absolutely awesome in small gangs.

Not sure why they are nerfing an already unused ship... zero logic here.


hmm unsure if the drones and utility high will soothe the loss of a turret. it might.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2013-04-24 22:34:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
George Wilkes Hill wrote:
I got really excited then immediately wondered if it's real. My next thought was even if they did show it off at fanfest it will probably be like the tessellation awesomeness and ship damage stuff they showed last year and we wont see it for awhile. Now I am depressed. Also great thread OP.
EDIT: So it turns out to be not real definitely felt too good to be true.
Do you want to know what's REALLY hilarious?
Tesselation is available in opengl for many more YEARS already .................... ^_^

I'm by no means an open source/free software guy, but why CCP sticks to Direct3D,
although opengl is actually faster, with more features AND available for multiple platforms ...

... is just waaaaaaay beyond my head !
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2013-04-24 22:40:07 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Maximus Andendare wrote:
It also looks like we're getting redesigned Atron, Incursus, Apocalypse, Heron, Tristan and another something that's just off-screen near the Atron/Incursus.

http://i.imgur.com/q6eDl8B.jpg

"Interior design"
Meaning what? Does this refer to the models you see in the new station interiors, or something else?

There's also "colony ship" written on a sticky note.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#76 - 2013-04-24 22:44:11 UTC
I wonder if CCP's evil master plan is to allow for boarding actions. If you have a ship scrambled, jammed, and so on, use an 'initiate boarding action' to start a DUST fight aboard the ship...? If the ship is captured, the pilot is podded and the ship is considered abandoned-- if the ship isn't captured, then...?

That'd probably be far-future stuff, but it'd be pretty amazing if so.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Ford Chicago
Ziz Zag Ziggurat
#77 - 2013-04-24 23:01:37 UTC
I have not heard about changes to the Astrometrics skills anywhere else. You referenced reddit and .ru forums, but how substantial is that information?

Would there also presumably be changes to the ranks of the affected skills?


Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#78 - 2013-04-24 23:10:56 UTC
Gogela wrote:
jeeeebus what a post! Thanks for the data mining report op! Big smile


No probs, the data mining credits go to Sarmatiko though not me.

Morgan Madsen wrote:
Hyperion - Gallente Combat - gains more drones, a utility high, and extra low and 10% damage bonus instead of 5% to compensate for 6 turrets instead of 8. Will be absolutely awesome in small gangs.

Not sure why they are nerfing an already unused ship... zero logic here.


0/10 it is a massive buff not a nerf. Loosing a turret, then doubling the damage bonus is an overall increase in damage, AND a reduction in capacitor requirements as you only need to run 6 turrets instead of 7.

And it gains a utility high slot.

And more drones.

Get with the plot.

Phobos Motsu wrote:
Is there ever going to be any love given to medium rails / beams to stop them from being a complete waste of time?


None that I know about yet.

James Amril-Kesh wrote:
"Interior design"


The Interior Design was the April Fools joke..... It will not be implemented.
Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#79 - 2013-04-24 23:12:21 UTC
Ford Chicago wrote:
I have not heard about changes to the Astrometrics skills anywhere else. You referenced reddit and .ru forums, but how substantial is that information?

Would there also presumably be changes to the ranks of the affected skills?


It has always been reliable in the past, but CCP could always change their minds.
Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#80 - 2013-04-24 23:14:59 UTC
Untextured new Apocalypse model for those interested

http://i.imgur.com/YP3iono.jpg