These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Jove Space

First post
Author
Aidan Patrick
Aldebaran Foundation
#161 - 2013-04-03 01:12:17 UTC
Something tells me that, at the very least... We may start seeing sightings of Jovian's in Odyssey.

I would love to get abducted by Jovians or contacted and asked to be an agent for them. Now that would be fun.

It wont let me have an empty signature...

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#162 - 2013-04-03 01:19:25 UTC
Aidan Patrick wrote:
Something tells me that, at the very least... We may start seeing sightings of Jovian's in Odyssey.

I would love to get abducted by Jovians or contacted and asked to be an agent for them. Now that would be fun.

I would absolutely LOVE that Big smile
LoJ4X
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2013-04-08 21:45:16 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Chopper Rollins wrote:
I filter the ingame map to 'available agents' and there's a few spots of green in Jove space.
I can't set destination of course.
Started a thread about it and got the usual knowledgeable sounding content free guff from people who ruin games by knowing everything.

Hope the Jove never appear or become accessible, knowledge is to curiosity what the ocean is to a candle.



Would be a nice special event.

JOVE attacks 0.0, 1 day only folks, wonderful prizes to be won. Just step over the corpses to enter Lol

Give the blobs a good run, give them 1 off great modules and implants but make the Jove like they are in the lore.


A few years ago back when eve stilt had the flashy looking onscreen holographic system map they had this event with a CCP employee that flew as a Jove in a Jove ship into player space. He visited a few places and talked to players at first and at some point the ship exploded for some reason i don't remember. Pieces of the Jove pilot got scattered all around New Eden and it was up to the players to collectively collect them from all around and bring them together ,resurrecting the Jovian.
LoJ4X
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#164 - 2013-04-08 21:46:27 UTC
Syler Puuntai wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Chopper Rollins wrote:
I filter the ingame map to 'available agents' and there's a few spots of green in Jove space.
I can't set destination of course.
Started a thread about it and got the usual knowledgeable sounding content free guff from people who ruin games by knowing everything.

Hope the Jove never appear or become accessible, knowledge is to curiosity what the ocean is to a candle.



Would be a nice special event.

JOVE attacks 0.0, 1 day only folks, wonderful prizes to be won. Just step over the corpses to enter Lol

Give the blobs a good run, give them 1 off great modules and implants but make the Jove like they are in the lore.


From my understanding of Eve lore, Jove ships are so powerful that a handful of them could destroy an entire fleet with ease. There is a good reason why Jovian ships aren't actually in the game, and why they shouldn't be.

Jovians should and always remain the mysterious race.



That is very old lore and tech in new eden has made some big advances. Chances are that the difference is not as big as it used to be.
Veng3ance
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#165 - 2013-04-08 22:29:27 UTC
Yes please do a Jove Expansion. More space is needed anyways. More space!!!!
Faulx
Brother Fox Corp
#166 - 2013-04-09 00:55:22 UTC
LoJ4X wrote:
A few years ago back when eve stilt had the flashy looking onscreen holographic system map they had this event with a CCP employee that flew as a Jove in a Jove ship into player space. He visited a few places and talked to players at first and at some point the ship exploded for some reason i don't remember. Pieces of the Jove pilot got scattered all around New Eden and it was up to the players to collectively collect them from all around and bring them together ,resurrecting the Jovian.

You're probably talking about the Jovian Ambassador Misu Baniya. He didn't originally have a ship...; rather, he exploded when the teleporter he was using "malfunctioned", scattering (i.e. teleporting... see post #5) bits of him and his pod throughout the cluster. The Jove said (paraphrasing) "No no, we can fix this... just collect his bits for us and he'll be good as new." The Caldari capsuleers collected the most pieces, earning their empire "Jovian Favor" (I'm not sure if they've ever collected on this). The Blood Raiders even got in on the action, hoarding the body parts in their leader's quest to (paraphrasing) "Open the gate to everylasting life" by drinking Jove blood.
Umega
Solis Mensa
#167 - 2013-04-09 03:59:50 UTC
To the people that don't believe Jovian are a part of EVE.. I strongly urge every body interested to look into the lore of EVE, and realize just how vast, complicated, and deep it truly is.

And there is a whole LOT of it in game. Space is a very large, barren, seemingly empty place.. things obviously aren't going to be staring you right in the face. This isn't like a lot of other MMOs and singular player games, that pretty much take you by the hand and guide you along the storyline like a movie. It is upto you.. if you so choose.. to explore and find out what you can in the sandbox. Do not expect the data to be handed to you on a plate.. that is not the EVE way. Earn it.

Investigate the shattered planet(s).. read the chronicles.. do the epic arcs.. pay close attention to details both in missions, and your surroundings. Take pictures and look at things from varies angles.

People.. the Jove have been a part of EVE from the beginning, and have strong influence in events throughout the years to this day. IMO.. that influence has grown stronger.. the more it seems like they have slipped away.

Quote:
I know you.. better than you know yourself...


Here is something to start some of you off on.

We've all seen these.

You see it...? Here.. let me help you...

What are the Amarrians worshiping exactly...

I could go on.. and on.. and on.. with yet another long winded post of mine. But I'll leave at this..

What if you could only unplug yourself from the virtual world.. if you needed someone else to plug in?
LoJ4X
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#168 - 2013-04-09 13:27:53 UTC
Faulx wrote:
LoJ4X wrote:
A few years ago back when eve stilt had the flashy looking onscreen holographic system map they had this event with a CCP employee that flew as a Jove in a Jove ship into player space. He visited a few places and talked to players at first and at some point the ship exploded for some reason i don't remember. Pieces of the Jove pilot got scattered all around New Eden and it was up to the players to collectively collect them from all around and bring them together ,resurrecting the Jovian.

You're probably talking about the Jovian Ambassador Misu Baniya. He didn't originally have a ship...; rather, he exploded when the teleporter he was using "malfunctioned", scattering (i.e. teleporting... see post #5) bits of him and his pod throughout the cluster. The Jove said (paraphrasing) "No no, we can fix this... just collect his bits for us and he'll be good as new." The Caldari capsuleers collected the most pieces, earning their empire "Jovian Favor" (I'm not sure if they've ever collected on this). The Blood Raiders even got in on the action, hoarding the body parts in their leader's quest to (paraphrasing) "Open the gate to everylasting life" by drinking Jove blood.



Your right , im mixing 2 events into one there. The other one was with the player controlled Jove ship , players even formed a X with their ships around it. No idea if the event was named tho.
Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#169 - 2013-04-09 18:54:13 UTC
Veng3ance wrote:
Yes please do a Jove Expansion. More space is needed anyways. More space!!!!

I think they should too... and Takmahl, Yan Jung, Talocan, and Enheduanni too.

For vets it would be good just to feel like the NPCs are fearsome again. At some point you'll fit a ship and realize no NPC (save CONCORD) can touch you. EvE just throws more numbers at you after a certain point... the individual NPCs aren't that tough. Sleepers are tough, though. How cool would it be for a Talocan fleet to land in a level 5 mission being run by a dozen pods and have the Talocans clear the plex of players AND deadspace NPCs? Pirate

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#170 - 2013-04-25 20:50:40 UTC
Daimon Kaiera wrote:
Ishmael Hansen wrote:
Capsuleers trying to get into jove space since 2003 :P


Jovian space: The Final Frontier.

Well, the next expansion is Odyssey, so....
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#171 - 2013-04-25 20:55:14 UTC
Lilliana Stelles wrote:
1. Enter the alliance tournament.
2. Apply for a GM position.


Otherwise Jove space is off limits

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude