These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

How Highsec isn't broken - But modern gaming is.

Author
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#81 - 2013-04-01 01:39:15 UTC
Murk Paradox wrote:
^^ I like this man's logic.

Now I just need the 20bil in my wallet =(


I can loan 20B (With collateral) to some guys so they can take a screenshot and pretend they are rich.
Zaraz Zaraz
Zontik Paraphernalia Inc
#82 - 2013-04-01 10:20:28 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
10 button mice needed to play competitively.


See, thats one major difference between (perhaps?) you and most other people who play games.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2013-04-01 10:26:23 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:
^^ I like this man's logic.

Now I just need the 20bil in my wallet =(


I can loan 20B (With collateral) to some guys so they can take a screenshot and pretend they are rich.

with all respect to you, the easier way would be photoshop Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#84 - 2013-04-01 11:03:48 UTC
Zaraz Zaraz wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
10 button mice needed to play competitively.


See, thats one major difference between (perhaps?) you and most other people who play games.


Not at that level. Keyboards react too slowly (will never survive as a WASD turner in arena, for example). Have to move and respond by mouse keys (or a game controller) to keep up. It's at the point of Naga 10 button mice with macros.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Cuddles TheHyena
Misanthropic Anthropomorphic Anthropologists
#85 - 2013-04-01 14:29:42 UTC
I think that the players are broken more than anything else.

It used to be that people played games to be competitive. They played to win, sure, but the main point was to have fun. It seems that people in online gaming (not limited to Eve) have simply become vicious and nasty. Too many people focusing on putting others down exclusively. They're in the game not to play but to actively humiliate and troll everyone else and in general be the biggest douchebag on the block.
Gustaf Heleneto
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#86 - 2013-04-01 16:08:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Gustaf Heleneto
Jitalt Pirkibo wrote:
Gustaf Heleneto wrote:

Erm it's true. I have an account dedicated to such fleets. If all the stars align you can make 150m isk/hr.

And that doesn't include the 7,000 concord LP per site.


And yet the argument that Incursions make highsec income imbalanced is flawed. How many incursion communities are there, that are even capable of reaching just 120m isk/h? ISN surely, DIN on a good day and maybe 2 others i don't know about. Thats. 4x40 pilots. Let's make that 200. From my experience, those groups don't have a lot of fluctuation. So maybe a total of 800 pilots?

The majority of players lives in HS. We recently passed 500k subscriptions, so i think it's safe to say there are 200k pilots in highsec.

So a whoopin 0.4% of highsec is able to pass those 120m/h. With a guesstimate of another 0.6% able to do incursions for 60-90m/h

(Keep in mind that i believe these numbers to be generous)
That isn't unbalanced highsec-income. That's ridiculous.


Sorry but using the metric of number of subscriptions to measure pilot income is wrong. How many of those subs don't even make isk? How many of them are 3rd, 4th, or 5th alts? I have several accounts and I only make money on one of them...running incursions. Your 0.4% number will go up pretty quickly when you start looking at the real numbers.

I'm not the only one that does it.

At the end of the day high sec incursions are the single best moneymaker in the game....for individual pilots that is. You can make an argument for moon goo and null anoms, but read my past posts. Good moon goo isk is unlikely to ever see the inside of an individual pilot's wallet, and good anom ISK is very chance based, and is limited by several other factors.
Gustaf Heleneto
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#87 - 2013-04-01 16:18:49 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Gustaf Heleneto wrote:

RavenTesio wrote:
Even more to the point there is nothing stopping any of you doing Null-Sec Incursions, in-fact High-Sec Incursions will net you 90million (not 150mil, not sure where the hell you pulled that figure from) / hr ... you might be able to get in 1-2 more sites per hrs with a seasoned or high-skilled group of players, but that is only an extra 10mil per site.

You can't farm null incursions like high incursions. HS incursions are the same pilots traveling from incursion to incursion. you can't do that in null. If you are lucky enough to have one spawn in your space you can make some money off it but you can't count on it as an income source like you can in high sec. Also, you have to consider hostile threats, cloaky campers in system, and all the other things that make you halt operations for periods of time in nullsec.

usually cloaked campers used together with dangers:
- roaming gangs
- cyno-drops

non of these dangers can prevent skilled FLEET in CYNO-JAMMED system from doing what they do. Roaming gangs can be detected far away if you really don't want to deal with them and cloaked scout won't point anything because NPC hates e-war.

So nope. Somewhere inside big blue zone incursions ignored just because people are lazy and rich already.

Gustaf Heleneto wrote:
And yes, 120m an hour is the new standard in high sec, and more is possible. You can down TCRCs with 12 minutes from payout to payout with a halfway decent group.

you keep saying "high-sec income is 120 mil/hour" so i will ask: why would you even waste 1 hour of your play time to get this silly millions if you already have 20+ billions (which is pretty standard wallet amount in high-sec)? (*)



* - Yes, i know. It's not that EVERYONE has 20+ billions in wallet. But as we speak about "new standard" high-sec income why we can't set "new standard" of wallet? If everyone in high-sec does incursions with the best teams and has 120mils/hour then everyone in high-sec has 20+ billions in wallet and doesn't even need to waste time in incursions.


Use your context clues, I was referencing high sec incursions specifically. And yes, 120m/hr is becoming the new standard in HIGH SEC INCURSIONS. I don't speak for all of high sec money making activities since you can surely run level 1 missions all day and be able to buy a nice new Caracal after a week of grinding.

Nobody said everyone in high sec does incursions...what? I don't see your argument....As far as wallet size? Why do I automatically have 20b in my wallet if I make 120m/hr? I don't understand the logic here....in fact it would be foolish to keep that much capital in ISK. We have seen serious inflation over the past year or two in EVE, that means ISK is worth less and less! Keep your spare capital in ships/modules/items that have an increasing demand and are not a "currency".
Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#88 - 2013-04-01 16:23:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Akiyo Mayaki
It really doesn't take a genius to tell the balance is a bit off. EVE is a sandbox and nullsec is the space that players can actually claim. If players can't provide for themselves in this space then what's the point.

No

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#89 - 2013-04-01 16:26:03 UTC
Gustaf Heleneto wrote:


At the end of the day high sec incursions are the single best moneymaker in the game.



And that's the simple truth. Incursion isk and LP might not be super damaging to the economy as a whole but the fact that so small a "community" (or group of communities) can pull such amazing isk out of a high sec activity is still unbalanced, and I say this as an incursion runner ( a real one, not one of the fair weather farmers who left incursions after the nerf while proclaiming "it's not about isk, it's about fun!").

I do anoms in null sec, right now I'm in Blood Raider space. It takes me TWO (used mach and tengu in guristas and serp space, now use mach and domi in BR space) ships running anoms in null sec to equal the 140-180 mil an hour I can make with ONE shiney machariel in an ISN HQ fleet.

I like anoms better because every once in a while you get an escalation to a DED plex and maybe get some loot out of it, but unlike DED plexes in null sec, incursion LP is not chance based, you ALWAYS get it after someone pops the MOM. Incursions are pure easy mode with the FC, LA and AAA doing all the driving, you just need to shoot stuff and broadcast when you get ****, don't even have to look at local.

Sometimes, the high sec incursion people will mention the fact that their are null sec incursions with "better rewards". The fail to mention that going from old high sec incursion site to new high sec incursion site means setting autopilot and going afk for a while, where as going to a new null sec incursion generally means invading someone else's sovereign space ie getting shot at.....

I am not suggesting further incursion nerfing or null sec incom boosting, just saying that's how it is, and even as I enjoy high sec incursions I can honestly say that the situation IS unbalanced.
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#90 - 2013-04-01 16:28:42 UTC
Akiyo Mayaki wrote:
It really doesn't take a genius to tell the balance is a bit off. EVE is a sandbox and nullsec is the space that players can actually claim. If players can't provide for themselves in this space then what's the point.


The point is to keep feeding into the high sec economy we're enslaved to while being forced to listen to the same high sec players who are benefiting from our null sec existence tell us how much we suck for being in null sec.

CCP, fix industry, FREE NULL SEC!

Smile
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#91 - 2013-04-01 16:37:12 UTC
Gustaf Heleneto wrote:
[quote=Tiberius StarGazer]High sec income:120m/hour is becoming standard in incursion communities.


Yeah, in a group of all L4/L5 skilled pilots with Mach/Vindi/Nightmare hulls with faction mods with a good booster and almost no downtime.
Gustaf Heleneto
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#92 - 2013-04-01 17:53:46 UTC
Barakach wrote:
Gustaf Heleneto wrote:
[quote=Tiberius StarGazer]High sec income:120m/hour is becoming standard in incursion communities.


Yeah, in a group of all L4/L5 skilled pilots with Mach/Vindi/Nightmare hulls with faction mods with a good booster and almost no downtime.


Your point? Do you think a fleet like that is out of the ordinary? Because it's not.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2013-04-01 18:05:25 UTC
Zaraz Zaraz wrote:
Djana Libra wrote:
@OP its not only modern games it is also nowadays gamers, they want theme park walk troughs without being able to die and lose stuff.
Lets just call it the lazy generation, if it takes effort and time they don't wanna do it.


Without being able to lose stuff. Thats the point for me. Its a game, its not real life. Its supposed to be fun.

How do you have fun when going to the toilet can result in 'losing stuff'? Because for you losing stuff is fun. For me it isn't.

So you play a game where you risk losing stuff when your internet goes down, or because you have to go to the toilet or a million other real life events that could take you afk. And I, instead, play a game where I can go afk and not risk losing stuff.

But I guess you'd say I'm not such an awesome player as you, right? I'm a 'casual' and I play a 'welfare MMO'. Well, I have a life and also want to have some fun playing games.



You can do that. Just don't think you can do the same things that hardcore players do and risk without getting the same consequences.

ANY game has that same level of involvement. Some people play various games, get to L20, roll a new player and rinse/repeat.

Others are that L125 with Blazing Sword of Doom and have their stats minmaxed to full potential.

It's not about the game and what it provides for you, it's how you play the game and want to involve yourself with.

You wanna blow up that titan and be in a fleet of 500 people, but don't want to spend 2 weeks getting into a battleship? Chances are you gonna get blown up before logi saves you.

You wanna mine in a venture in noobspace and chill out and be social? Noone CAN stop you from doing that... not without risk of being banned.

If you don't ant to lose stuff, or don't want to play the risk game. Then don't. Play smarter; dock up. Cloak up somewhere. Eliminate the risk by not keeping yourself in a risky situation.

Or realize this game isn't meant for your playstyle, regardless of how awesome you find certain aspects and decide whether you think it's worth paying your hard earned cash to risk your ship.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2013-04-01 18:11:45 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Gustaf Heleneto wrote:


At the end of the day high sec incursions are the single best moneymaker in the game.



And that's the simple truth. Incursion isk and LP might not be super damaging to the economy as a whole but the fact that so small a "community" (or group of communities) can pull such amazing isk out of a high sec activity is still unbalanced, and I say this as an incursion runner ( a real one, not one of the fair weather farmers who left incursions after the nerf while proclaiming "it's not about isk, it's about fun!").

I do anoms in null sec, right now I'm in Blood Raider space. It takes me TWO (used mach and tengu in guristas and serp space, now use mach and domi in BR space) ships running anoms in null sec to equal the 140-180 mil an hour I can make with ONE shiney machariel in an ISN HQ fleet.

I like anoms better because every once in a while you get an escalation to a DED plex and maybe get some loot out of it, but unlike DED plexes in null sec, incursion LP is not chance based, you ALWAYS get it after someone pops the MOM. Incursions are pure easy mode with the FC, LA and AAA doing all the driving, you just need to shoot stuff and broadcast when you get ****, don't even have to look at local.

Sometimes, the high sec incursion people will mention the fact that their are null sec incursions with "better rewards". The fail to mention that going from old high sec incursion site to new high sec incursion site means setting autopilot and going afk for a while, where as going to a new null sec incursion generally means invading someone else's sovereign space ie getting shot at.....

I am not suggesting further incursion nerfing or null sec incom boosting, just saying that's how it is, and even as I enjoy high sec incursions I can honestly say that the situation IS unbalanced.



ISN HQ fleets are only 2 manned? No? Bad example then. Your 2 man anom running team is equaling the amount of isk that 1 pilot sharing with 40 people are getting (or how many are in the HQ fleet).

That lends to the fact that your 2 man op in null is doing better than the highsec incursion fleet is.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#95 - 2013-04-01 18:41:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Murk Paradox wrote:
[quote=Jenn aSide]


ISN HQ fleets are only 2 manned? No? Bad example then. Your 2 man anom running team is equaling the amount of isk that 1 pilot sharing with 40 people are getting (or how many are in the HQ fleet).

That lends to the fact that your 2 man op in null is doing better than the highsec incursion fleet is.


The standard "more people = more isk" fallacy.

More people in that incursion aren't making ME more isk. As an individual, I make more with 1 ship (1 account online and in game) in high sec ( while not having to stare at local, and with 3 people -FC/LC/AAA- doing all the work FOR me) than I do in space that is much easier to disrupt with no npc protection having to use TWO accounts simultaneously..

In null sec I don't have 8-10 logi waiting to rep me if I get in trouble, in high sec incursions I do. if I want reps, i gotta rep myself.

On top of that, because of the way anoms/missions/standard non-incursion/WH pve works, if I added more people i'd make LESS isk (because in regular non-incursion/wormhole PVE, everyone splits individual npc ship bounties equally where as incursions pay out based on the site itself).

Add to that that incursion LP (like mission LP) is not chance based where as faction drops, escalations, plex drops ARE chance based, and you end up with the current situation: it's better to have an alt in high sec for incursions than it is to PVE in null sec where you can get blown up (thus fueling the EVE online player run economy).

It's further complicated by the 4/10 exploration farming in high sec, which can be done in a T3 (that 4/10 rats can't even scratch) with zero risk other than competition from guys in other T3s. it' makes hunting for null Sec DED plexes totally not worth it.

But go ahead and quibble about how many pilots involved, it simply demonstrates that you and your like aren't interested in the truth or game balance.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#96 - 2013-04-01 19:08:24 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:
[quote=Jenn aSide]


ISN HQ fleets are only 2 manned? No? Bad example then. Your 2 man anom running team is equaling the amount of isk that 1 pilot sharing with 40 people are getting (or how many are in the HQ fleet).

That lends to the fact that your 2 man op in null is doing better than the highsec incursion fleet is.


The standard "more people = more isk" fallacy.

More people in that incursion aren't making ME more isk. As an individual, I make more with 1 ship (1 account online and in game) in high sec ( while not having to stare at local, and with 3 people -FC/LC/AAA- doing all the work FOR me) than I do in space that is much easier to disrupt with no npc protection having to use TWO accounts simultaneously..

In null sec I don't have 8-10 logi waiting to rep me if I get in trouble, in high sec incursions I do. if I want reps, i gotta rep myself.

On top of that, because of the way anoms/missions/standard non-incursion/WH pve works, if I added more people i'd make LESS isk (because in regular non-incursion/wormhole PVE, everyone splits individual npc ship bounties equally where as incursions pay out based on the site itself).

Add to that that incursion LP (like mission LP) is not chance based where as faction drops, escalations, plex drops ARE chance based, and you end up with the current situation: it's better to have an alt in high sec for incursions than it is to PVE in null sec where you can get blown up (thus fueling the EVE online player run economy).

It's further complicated by the 4/10 exploration farming in high sec, which can be done in a T3 (that 4/10 rats can't even scratch) with zero risk other than competition from guys in other T3s. it' makes hunting for null Sec DED plexes totally not worth it.

But go ahead and quibble about how many pilots involved, it simply demonstrates that you and your like aren't interested in the truth or game balance.



So you're saying that the incursion fleet you joined has nothing to do with the coordination of X amount of pilots as opposed to dual boxing and roaming around doing plexes that should theoretically take 5 people to do, as a 2man crew, to make the same amount of money? Because you just click and F1 the broadcasted target and maybe keep at range of the tank.

You're making my eyes misty.

To use a different perspective....

It takes 40 people in an incursion killing all those rats for countless hours to be able to match your 2 ships in null running anomalies.

Clearly highsec is better when it takes 40 people to provide for you what it takes you to dual box in null.

o/

It took you, as a part of a large fleet, to make as much money as when you fly 2 ships by your lonesome.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#97 - 2013-04-01 19:25:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Murk Paradox wrote:



So you're saying that the incursion fleet you joined has nothing to do with the coordination of X amount of pilots as opposed to dual boxing and roaming around doing plexes that should theoretically take 5 people to do, as a 2man crew, to make the same amount of money?


5 people? When does it take 5 people to do any null sec anom, in the history of null sec anoms.

i'm talking anomalies, not 10/10 DED plexes.

If you had any experience with null sec PVE, you would have known that.

And Im not talking about making the same money as an entire incursion fleet. a 40 man shiney incursion HQ fleet makes 40 x 150 mil an hour. Dual boxing isn't normal permitted or encourage, but if I could dual box in an incursion fleet like I do doing null sec anoms, i would (as an individual) make 300 mil per hour (ie twice what the same dual boxing of ships would make me in null sec).

I'm discussing individual income vs individual effort. It takes me 2 ships to make in null sec what I can in one ship in high sec.

If you don't see the problem, then you are being willfully obtuse.



Quote:


It takes 40 people in an incursion killing all those rats for countless hours to be able to match your 2 ships in null running anomalies.


False, that 40 man fleet is generating 6 billion isk per hour (of which my "cut" is 150 mil). I can make 150 mil in empire letting someone else "drive", or I can make 150 mil in null sec dual boxing TWO characters while keeping eyes plastered on lcoal and intel chat.

So, for me as an individual high sec is just as profitible while being an order of magnitude easier. This is an imbalance, no matter how much you try to spin the truth.

Now, if I were an incursion FC, that would be different, those guys WORK for their isk, but as a DPS grunt, i don't have to.

Quote:

Clearly highsec is better when it takes 40 people to provide for you what it takes you to dual box in null.

o/


If i made the whole 6 bil an hour, what yo say would make sense. I don't, so it doesn't.

Quote:

It took you, as a part of a large fleet, to make as much money as when you fly 2 ships by your lonesome.
it took me dual boxing 2 ships in null sec what it takes me flying 1 ship (in a fleet with other peopel doing the work) in high sec to. Sorry this is hard for you to understand.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#98 - 2013-04-01 20:12:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Murk Paradox
Jenn aSide wrote:



So you're saying that the incursion fleet you joined has nothing to do with the coordination of X amount of pilots as opposed to dual boxing and roaming around doing plexes that should theoretically take 5 people to do, as a 2man crew, to make the same amount of money?


5 people? When does it take 5 people to do any null sec anom, in the history of null sec anoms.

i'm talking anomalies, not 10/10 DED plexes.

If you had any experience with null sec PVE, you would have known that.
[/quote]

You know, the typical nullsec asshattery; 2 runners, 2 scouts, 1 obg blah blah blah.

I think you have an issue with the word "obtuse". You seem to think it means something that it doesn't. In fact, your statement is showing you to be the obtuse one in comparing the incursion fleet in highsec to your 2man op.


"And Im not talking about making the same money as an entire incursion fleet. a 40 man shiney incursion HQ fleet makes 40 x 150 mil an hour. Dual boxing isn't normal permitted or encourage, but if I could dual box in an incursion fleet like I do doing null sec anoms, i would (as an individual) make 300 mil per hour (ie twice what the same dual boxing of ships would make me in null sec)."

You said, if I recal correctly, you made as much money as a 2man op running sites in null, as you do as 1/40 fleet running highsec incursions. Right?

let me focus on one thing here.... 1 pilot, out, of, 40. To accomplish a goal you are getting paid for.

You didn't clear that MOM by yourself.

Stop being obtuse. You said so yourself... it's your "cut" by being a part of the 40 man fleet.

EVERY one pilot is as important. FC, logi, dps. All have to help. Or they get replaced. All have shiny ships because specific fits are NEEDED in order to make it worthwhile and lucrative.

Some FCs will take smaller bling/T1 fits, and some FCs will scramble to fill those dps slots. Beats waiting 45 min for a fleet. Let alone if its VG (I know we talkin HQ here).

Point being... all 40 of those pilots are making that money together. You need those others to make your highsec share.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#99 - 2013-04-01 22:39:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Never mind, you're not open minded enough to understand where I'm coming from Murk.
Aidan Patrick
Aldebaran Foundation
#100 - 2013-04-01 22:46:46 UTC
I'm not going to touch on incursions or exploration in null in this post because I have insufficient experience to compare the two. I however am going to touch on a couple of ideas that I think would drastically change the dynamic of null/low versus highsec and where I see the major imbalances are.


On Low Sec

First and foremost, irregardless of how prosperous low sec is, care bears with teeth aren't really ever going to choose to live there. I'd love to live in low, but the inability to preemptively defend yourself is an extremely limiting facot. What I mean by this is if player A comes into the system and has a security status below 0 concord has officially recognized them as a threat. However, player B has to wait for player A to aggress and give themselves a suspect or criminal flag prior to being able to engage them.

This fact alone is the single biggest factor preventing low sec mining ops. Defenders have to be willing to aggress first in order to protect an operation from low sec status players so pickets and gate patrols are somewhat useless if you don't have pirates to defend you as they are usually the only ones willing to tank security status.

Additionally, I feel security status penalties are far too low for engaging in lowsec, especially once you have higher level positive values of security status. I feel that if I were to run around in low sec with positive 2 security status and start killing people I should lose security status much quicker than someone who is already negative. The "Positive security status murder buffer" is too big, in my opinion.

My thoughts would be to keep it so -5 sec status can get your ship blown up and you podded as it is now. However you then make it so -0.01 through -4.99 security allows your ship to be destroyed in low sec only. Consider it permission from concord to preemptively defend yourself or your operations from pirates and criminals.

Doing this change would also make a more clearly defined line between "Pirate" and "Pirate Hunter".


On Null Sec

My nullsec experience is admittedly rather limited as I only lived in null for about a week as part of a pet alliance renting corporation. With that said, my opinions on null should be taken with a grain of salt.

My hands down opinion on null sec is that POS' are currently the most limiting factor for industrialists to contribute and prosper on a personal level. This is mainly due to problems like a lack of personal storage at a POS, the Factory Manager role and of course POS refining facilities being vastly inferior to NPC station refineries. However something tells me these problems will be fixed, or at least reduced, in Odyssey.

The second and even bigger problem in my opinion is the nature of the power bloc alliances. I have yet to actually try to create a foothold for a corporate in nullsec.. however my biggest fear in doing so is simply getting stomped out by a power bloc just because "they can".

Someone else in this thread mentioned tiered increases to the amount sov costs based on the amount of systems owned. I tend to agree with this. The large power blocs who own enormous amounts of space just because they can is a little silly, in my opinion. The current implementation leaves smaller alliances with little to no space to realistically claim for their own. Or at least that is how it feels from the outside, looking in.

Another problem is blob warfare but I honestly can't think of ways to change or reduce that. I for one have no desire to be part of a blob, let alone be victimized by one.

It wont let me have an empty signature...