These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Incarna 1.1 Macintosh Issues and Feedback

First post
Author
CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2011-09-06 06:49:39 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Zymurgist
EVE Online: Incarna 1.1 has been deployed. This release features a number of fixes and improvements, including changes to the session change timer while docking, updates to the Macintosh client and customizable API keys. For full details of this release please check the patch notes.

his thread is for any issues you experience on Tranquility and we will be keeping a close eye on it. Please check the patch notes for full details of this release.

If you have general feedback please use the main feedback thread.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

invictus010
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2011-09-06 15:06:58 UTC
Keep getting error message
" There was an unexpected error while retrieving update status:

Unable to download file mac/evepremiumpatch273475-288329-mac.tgz from the server.
Error: [Errno 996] Overlapped I/O incomplete: 'IOCompletionWsaGetOverlappedResult failed with error 996: Overlapped I/O incomplete\r\n'"

what do i do?
matarkhan
ConHugeCo
#3 - 2011-09-06 21:20:10 UTC
Eve Voice is still hosed. I join a fleet, I enable voice for it, and everything works perfectly for about a minute, then it silently dies without any notice.

Disabling/re-enabling it does nothing, the only fix is a restart, at which point the cycle just repeats itself.

Unfortunately, this means Incursions are off-limits, since they're mainly public fleets using Eve Voice.
Bruno Capri
Jamaican Zombie Flying Squad
#4 - 2011-09-06 21:43:16 UTC
invictus010 wrote:
Keep getting error message
" There was an unexpected error while retrieving update status:

Unable to download file mac/evepremiumpatch273475-288329-mac.tgz from the server.
Error: [Errno 996] Overlapped I/O incomplete: 'IOCompletionWsaGetOverlappedResult failed with error 996: Overlapped I/O incomplete\r\n'"

what do i do?


If you keep trying you may notice that the percentage skips to where it last crashed but don't let this fool you. I kept restarting the client and eventually got the patch but while verifying the files, it said some of the files have been modified.

Guess downloading the entire client everytime a patch comes out is the best way to go.

Patch updates for the Mac client have been the bane of my life for a while now and CCCP don't seem to know how to fix it...
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2011-09-06 23:30:56 UTC
Bruno Capri wrote:
invictus010 wrote:
Keep getting error message
" There was an unexpected error while retrieving update status:

Unable to download file mac/evepremiumpatch273475-288329-mac.tgz from the server.
Error: [Errno 996] Overlapped I/O incomplete: 'IOCompletionWsaGetOverlappedResult failed with error 996: Overlapped I/O incomplete\r\n'"

what do i do?


If you keep trying you may notice that the percentage skips to where it last crashed but don't let this fool you. I kept restarting the client and eventually got the patch but while verifying the files, it said some of the files have been modified.

Guess downloading the entire client everytime a patch comes out is the best way to go.

Patch updates for the Mac client have been the bane of my life for a while now and CCCP don't seem to know how to fix it...


Is downloading from the website manually not an option?
Raysiel Silverheart
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-09-07 19:28:34 UTC
I use an USB headset. I noticed that starting the client with the headset connected works like a charm, while connecting it after the client has been launched makes all the audio from the mac goes to the headset while the client's audio keeps coming out of the speakers.


eve voice seems to work while testing but can't join audio channel (no error messages)
matarkhan
ConHugeCo
#7 - 2011-09-08 00:52:52 UTC
CCP Atropos wrote:
Is downloading from the website manually not an option?


Where does one get this manual download for a client patch, like #1, #2 or #3?

My Mac client regularly fails to download these patches. There's a link to "more info" in the dialog, but the "more info" page doesn't have a download link.

Your forum post asks about manually downloading it, but doesn't provide a link either.

These would both be PRIME opportunities to provide links for manual downloads of patches that should work automatically...

I'm on a 10mbit internet connection, it shouldn't be hard to download a small file to patch the client....
Trion Roles
Sons of Bistot
Intaki-Business Logistics Union
#8 - 2011-09-08 23:49:05 UTC
Even after client update #3, still having an issue where I get error messages when changing hybrid ammo. Clicking through the error messages and firing again reveals that the ammo change worked correctly.
Anderron Shi
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-09-09 03:33:17 UTC
I have had to restart my Eve Online client about 10 times in the past 3 hours...I don't know what the issue is, it just goes to my desktop and then restarts back to the login screen of the Eve client...

.

Jeadhob
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-09-10 02:34:34 UTC
I cannot keep eve voice on for more than 20-30 mins. Sometimes it works for only a couple of minutes. I will do anything to help troubleshoot the issues. I will usually be able to get eve voice working from a fresh Lion reboot. If I leave a fleet to switch for a few minutes, I cannot get back into eve voice without a restart of the client. Sometimes I will get a message that says you were logged out of audio chat, most times I do not get that error on screen. I don't even know that I have lost audio unless I look down and see that the same person has been speaking for a while... but i hear nothing. I noticed if while fleeted we make several system to system warps... I usually drop after the first couple. into a gate for an incursion rarely drops me, I don't know if that matters.
Adree Jericho
EVE University
Ivy League
#11 - 2011-09-10 17:23:34 UTC
The scroll wheel is extremely finicky on Mac. Sometimes it will work with no problems, and then with no clear indication of a trigger, it will start scrolling very haltingly. It will scroll one click and then stop. One can continue to scroll in that direction but only after a brief pause in wheel activity, roughly one second. One can actually alternate scrolling one click up or down with no delay, but neither direction will scroll further than one click in their respective directions. This affects all aspects of the game from window scrolling to zooming in space or in planetary interaction.

Occasionally this issue can be fixed by switching to a different window and scrolling there. However the usual fix is a restart of the client.
lafforet
Amarr Royal Trust Bank
#12 - 2011-09-11 14:17:54 UTC
I dont know if it is only a mac issue, but since the patch i got nightmare in Jita 4-4 cause i can not give any command such as warp to gate. As soon as someone undock, command is interrupted and I have to repeat it. It happens in other systems as well, but in Jita I have to quickly repeat it 4-6 times till I manage to warp somewhere. Imagine what happens if war targets are around at that time...
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2011-09-12 21:45:35 UTC
matarkhan wrote:
CCP Atropos wrote:
Is downloading from the website manually not an option?


Where does one get this manual download for a client patch, like #1, #2 or #3?

My Mac client regularly fails to download these patches. There's a link to "more info" in the dialog, but the "more info" page doesn't have a download link.

Your forum post asks about manually downloading it, but doesn't provide a link either.

These would both be PRIME opportunities to provide links for manual downloads of patches that should work automatically...

I'm on a 10mbit internet connection, it shouldn't be hard to download a small file to patch the client....

My apologies, I thought you were referring to patches, rather than client updates.