These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

So there I was sitting in the parking lot...

First post
Author
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#41 - 2013-02-22 17:45:11 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
What about acid? I never seen acid used in any zombie movie..and there should be plenty of battery acid available from all the derelict cars once the zombie apocalypse has started.
Also a combine harvester should be quite effective against zombies...haven't seen this in any movie yet, either.



Acid would take forever so unless you have time to be demented I wouldn't suggest it. The harvester reminds me of this mission.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#42 - 2013-02-22 18:53:41 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
What about acid? I never seen acid used in any zombie movie..and there should be plenty of battery acid available from all the derelict cars once the zombie apocalypse has started.
Also a combine harvester should be quite effective against zombies...haven't seen this in any movie yet, either.

Combine harvester, LOL Smile Hate to see what would come out of that grain feeder chute thing on side....
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#43 - 2013-02-22 18:58:12 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
What about acid? I never seen acid used in any zombie movie..and there should be plenty of battery acid available from all the derelict cars once the zombie apocalypse has started.
Also a combine harvester should be quite effective against zombies...haven't seen this in any movie yet, either.

Combine harvester, LOL Smile Hate to see what would come out of that grain feeder chute thing on side....

Whatever it is, two things are sure: 1) It'll be chunky, and 2) you don't want any of it on you.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#44 - 2013-02-22 19:43:16 UTC
silens vesica wrote:

Thing is, they're not so fast and easy to wield as a you'd think. No naginata-style combat moves



I take it this has been tested in your back yard after consuming considerable amounts of alcohol?

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#45 - 2013-02-22 20:24:37 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
silens vesica wrote:

Thing is, they're not so fast and easy to wield as a you'd think. No naginata-style combat moves



I take it this has been tested in your back yard after consuming considerable amounts of alcohol?

I can neither confirm nor deny. Cool

I will note some interesting marks on the siding, though... Shocked

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#46 - 2013-02-22 22:14:21 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

Acid would take forever so unless you have time to be demented I wouldn't suggest it. The harvester reminds me of this mission.


There was actually a mission for that? I wasted many hours driving through towns in the combine turning the local population in meat patties, just for the fun of it.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#47 - 2013-02-22 22:27:26 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

Acid would take forever so unless you have time to be demented I wouldn't suggest it. The harvester reminds me of this mission.


There was actually a mission for that? I wasted many hours driving through towns in the combine turning the local population in meat patties, just for the fun of it.

GTA: You're doing it right.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#48 - 2013-02-22 23:10:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Can you imagine the carnage if GTA V turns out to be both a sandbox and an MMO?

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#49 - 2013-02-23 00:11:15 UTC  |  Edited by: silens vesica
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Can you imagine the carnage if GTA V turns out to be both a sandbox and an MMO?

Why, yes. Yes I can. Twisted
Especially if Neapolitans are in the general mix with Americans. Shocked

Can you imagine the fear-filled frenzy that clueless parents and the media will whip up? It's also pretty astonishing... Shocked

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#50 - 2013-02-23 00:15:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
silens vesica wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Can you imagine the carnage if GTA V turns out to be both a sandbox and an MMO?

Why, yes. Yes I can. Twisted
Especially if Neapolitans are in the general mix with Americans. Shocked

Can you imagine the fear-filled frenzy that clueless parents and the media will whip up? It's also pretty astonishing... Shocked


And that is why Rockstar should make it so, angry, clueless parents, media and politicians are hilarious, their tears taste better as well. Twisted

Manhunt was one of the best examples of the frenzy you talk of, and tbh it was nearly as much fun watching the media kick off as it was murdering NPCs with a plastic bag or a shank.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#51 - 2013-02-23 00:48:33 UTC
I was thinking more of the GTA: Hot Coffee mod, myself. Wow! Whatta circus!

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

KaarBaak
Squirrel Team
#52 - 2013-02-24 04:34:08 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
My weapon of choice is to walk away fairly briskly... not too briskly as I don't want to get tired while I casually saunter away from the zombies Big smile


Right up until their hungry moaning attracts the zombies from the direction you're walking and you're surrounded.



Then I'll push them over Straight


I use the same defense as when attacked by bears: You don't have to be faster than the bears/zombies, you just have to be faster than another person in your group. A baseball bat to your "buddies" knee will keep the zombies busy while you walk away quietly.

KB

Dum Spiro Spero

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2013-02-24 07:27:54 UTC
so there i was sitting
on a park bench
eyeing little girls with bad intent
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#54 - 2013-02-24 09:11:36 UTC
KaarBaak wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
My weapon of choice is to walk away fairly briskly... not too briskly as I don't want to get tired while I casually saunter away from the zombies Big smile


Right up until their hungry moaning attracts the zombies from the direction you're walking and you're surrounded.



Then I'll push them over Straight


I use the same defense as when attacked by bears: You don't have to be faster than the bears/zombies, you just have to be faster than another person in your group. A baseball bat to your "buddies" knee will keep the zombies busy while you walk away quietly.

KB
Rule #1: Cardio.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2013-02-24 11:17:18 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
KaarBaak wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
My weapon of choice is to walk away fairly briskly... not too briskly as I don't want to get tired while I casually saunter away from the zombies Big smile


Right up until their hungry moaning attracts the zombies from the direction you're walking and you're surrounded.



Then I'll push them over Straight


I use the same defense as when attacked by bears: You don't have to be faster than the bears/zombies, you just have to be faster than another person in your group. A baseball bat to your "buddies" knee will keep the zombies busy while you walk away quietly.

KB
Rule #1: Cardio.


Damn straight.

I do enjoy spit balling survival plans with my friends, it makes you think about the world in a different perspective.

Here's a question, in a zombie apocalypse (shamblers, not runners or resident evil style virus kind of 28 days later), how do you think you'd fair and please try be honest.

For myself, badly. If facing traditional zombies, I live in a country that is hot, dry, and very rarely gets snow, so I'd have no winter to help me out. There isnt enough food for the people and we'd probably have our neighbours declare war on us to try claim resources or be flooded by refugees. Unless we quarantined ourselves which might be possible if the threat was taken seriously. So I figure I probably have a 15-20% chance of making it out unbitten / being murdered for my stuff.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#56 - 2013-02-25 02:16:49 UTC
Graygor wrote:


Here's a question, in a zombie apocalypse (shamblers, not runners or resident evil style virus kind of 28 days later), how do you think you'd fair and please try be honest.

For myself, badly. If facing traditional zombies, I live in a country that is hot, dry, and very rarely gets snow, so I'd have no winter to help me out. There isnt enough food for the people and we'd probably have our neighbours declare war on us to try claim resources or be flooded by refugees. Unless we quarantined ourselves which might be possible if the threat was taken seriously. So I figure I probably have a 15-20% chance of making it out unbitten / being murdered for my stuff.
Depends on where I am when the outbreak happens. I'm out of shape, but I have many effective anti-zombie weapons, and a good hold-up. OTOH, it's a one-time retreat if I attract too much attention. If I manage to stay hidden for a couple days, I have about a 50-50 chance. If not, less than 10%. If the outbreak happens whilst I'm at work, I'm stuffed.

If, OTOH, the outbreak happens whilst i'm near my father's place - AND he's not been bitten - I'm good to go. We could camp there until all the zombies have rotted away to skeletons, and then some.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Previous page123