These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Please take notice CCP, dont go overboard with carebare love.

Author
SoOza N'GasZ
L F C
Ethereal Dawn
#141 - 2013-02-20 22:05:35 UTC  |  Edited by: SoOza N'GasZ
Bane Veradun wrote:
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
Bane Veradun wrote:
Should you not concern yourself with improving your neighborhood, rather than coveting what little your neighbor has?

The sky does not fall, the walls are not closing in. What you could do then, still can be done now. You are asking for a different type of safety, a safety for those who are too complacent, too lethargic to rouse themselves to rise higher than they are now. Find freedom from the shackles of your own limits and fears. When you truly have nothing, only then will you understand that you are not limited by CCP and hisec, but only by your own imagination.

The lion that is handfed is no longer a predator, but a pet.


you speak great big BS my friend.


Sadly, I don't think you comprehend what I said, but then again, I didn't expect you to.


you are right i understood nothing of what you said because your intelligence is far superior to mine .... i kneel before thee my god.

Legba

Bud Austrene
Secure Haven
#142 - 2013-02-20 22:52:13 UTC
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
Bud Austrene wrote:


So it seems (correct me if i am wrong), you want to be the one to define "reality".
That's ok, I would like to do that also.

But in my reality, in a time of space travel and Concord, the advanced technology would prevent criminals getting away with much of anything within their territory of authority.
With everyone needing to have identity micro-chips implants and such.

You do know that there are corporations in EVE that are very much into immersion type role playing?


again im not defining reality... im just talking to you about creating immersion in a game.

also if concord has such advanced tech why can we not access this tech and use it to find any player anywhere within seconds and instantly shut down all his weapons and kill him or them ? concord should be on the same tech level as the rest of the universe as the police is today in real life also the police enforce their authority with presence skill numbers and their connection to the government.


Actually, I have heard that the new automobiles are being equipped with chips that will allow the police to stop them electronically in the near future.
They are starting to push the idea of having a microchip in our children so they can be easier found.
You can have a chip put in your dog (i think).
EMP weapons exist.

I would think that by the time we reach the stars, we will be so much more advanced than we are now.
Now I am not saying that everyone will get along, and we just do our jobs.
But anti-social behavior would be a lot harder to get away with.

Yes I am an alt. I see no reason to make it easy for bullies and greifers

SoOza N'GasZ
L F C
Ethereal Dawn
#143 - 2013-02-21 07:17:40 UTC
Bud Austrene wrote:
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
Bud Austrene wrote:


So it seems (correct me if i am wrong), you want to be the one to define "reality".
That's ok, I would like to do that also.

But in my reality, in a time of space travel and Concord, the advanced technology would prevent criminals getting away with much of anything within their territory of authority.
With everyone needing to have identity micro-chips implants and such.

You do know that there are corporations in EVE that are very much into immersion type role playing?


again im not defining reality... im just talking to you about creating immersion in a game.

also if concord has such advanced tech why can we not access this tech and use it to find any player anywhere within seconds and instantly shut down all his weapons and kill him or them ? concord should be on the same tech level as the rest of the universe as the police is today in real life also the police enforce their authority with presence skill numbers and their connection to the government.


Actually, I have heard that the new automobiles are being equipped with chips that will allow the police to stop them electronically in the near future.
They are starting to push the idea of having a microchip in our children so they can be easier found.
You can have a chip put in your dog (i think).
EMP weapons exist.

I would think that by the time we reach the stars, we will be so much more advanced than we are now.
Now I am not saying that everyone will get along, and we just do our jobs.
But anti-social behavior would be a lot harder to get away with.


I am aware of these things my friend and again i ask why can concord then do something so simple and we cannot?

Legba

dark heartt
#144 - 2013-02-21 07:40:17 UTC
HollyShocker 2inthestink wrote:
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
honestly i also fear there may be a trend of ccp taking over control of the universe they created and turning it into a protected kindergarten in the long run.... i hope they keep in mind that simulating a real place is far more important to the games total immersiveness than making it easier for players that dont want to accept the world they play in for what it is and have it be just to their liking.


Is this not exactly what you are trying to do??




The difference is that what he is trying to do is stop the change, not initiate it.
X98
Doomheim
#145 - 2013-02-21 10:39:06 UTC
Quote:
btw u sound like a teenager who has a serious intellecual deficit and who likes to ramble and scream at everyone who doesnt conform to the norm.


Anyone else see the irony in this post?

SoOza N'GasZ
L F C
Ethereal Dawn
#146 - 2013-02-21 10:41:23 UTC  |  Edited by: SoOza N'GasZ
X98 wrote:
Quote:
btw u sound like a teenager who has a serious intellecual deficit and who likes to ramble and scream at everyone who doesnt conform to the norm.


Anyone else see the irony in this post?



now that you said it a can see a great irony you are right.

Legba

Josef Djugashvilis
#147 - 2013-02-21 10:57:00 UTC
There are so many 'nerf hi-sec' threads that I am beginning to believe that CCP must be planning to give out some super-duper impossible to gank ship for the starter of the 1,000,000 'nerf hi-sec' thread.

Or have we passed the 1,000,000 mark already?

This is not a signature.

SoOza N'GasZ
L F C
Ethereal Dawn
#148 - 2013-02-21 11:03:19 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
There are so many 'nerf hi-sec' threads that I am beginning to believe that CCP must be planning to give out some super-duper impossible to gank ship for the starter of the 1,000,000 'nerf hi-sec' thread.

Or have we passed the 1,000,000 mark already?


This is a dont nerf highsec thread.

Legba

Nefrin Maldoes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#149 - 2013-02-21 11:59:30 UTC
Correct me if I am interpreting this wrong, Sooza, but the gist of your argument seems to be that you are worried that CCP will make Hisec TOO safe (solely in regards to PvP ship combat). You also seem to be asking for more realism as it applies to the universe of EVE, which is already in place.

To elaborate:

CONCORD was created as a police force to discourage random acts of violence between the 4 empires. The Jovians were a part of this creation, giving CONCORD the technology they posses to enforce that discouragement (note I am saying discouraging, not preventing).

Part of that technology, in addition to their powerful ships and ability to respond almost instantly, is that every Pod Pilot in space is "on the grid" so to speak. They know where you are, who you are, and what you are doing at any given moment, hence their ability to respond in the fashion that they do. Wormhole space is the only place this does not apply. It's a part of the canon lore that is EVE, available either through the website or in the better of the two EVE novels.

As for your idea for for criminals to have a chance to escape CONCORD intervention, this too is already in place. I see crime happen everyday in Hisec without CONCORD intervention. Scamming, Corporation theft, spying . . . all these acts are criminal, but don't fall under CONCORD's jurisdiction when it comes to unlawful aggression in a ship to ship sense.

As for what CCP will do in the future, we can never tell. There will be good, and probably quite a bit of bad if history repeats itself. The only thing I can say for sure is that there will be people flying and shooting each other until the day the servers shutdown for good.

Directing myself at the aptly named Carebear Champion. You are a target the moment you log into the game. You consent to the fact that you may lose everything your character owns by creating an account and logging into the game. Whether that comes from suicide gankers or clever corporation infiltration, it is still a reality.

I got a like? When did this happen?

SoOza N'GasZ
L F C
Ethereal Dawn
#150 - 2013-02-21 12:13:04 UTC  |  Edited by: SoOza N'GasZ
Nefrin Maldoes wrote:
Correct me if I am interpreting this wrong, Sooza, but the gist of your argument seems to be that you are worried that CCP will make Hisec TOO safe (solely in regards to PvP ship combat). You also seem to be asking for more realism as it applies to the universe of EVE, which is already in place.

To elaborate:

CONCORD was created as a police force to discourage random acts of violence between the 4 empires. The Jovians were a part of this creation, giving CONCORD the technology they posses to enforce that discouragement (note I am saying discouraging, not preventing).

Part of that technology, in addition to their powerful ships and ability to respond almost instantly, is that every Pod Pilot in space is "on the grid" so to speak. They know where you are, who you are, and what you are doing at any given moment, hence their ability to respond in the fashion that they do. Wormhole space is the only place this does not apply. It's a part of the canon lore that is EVE, available either through the website or in the better of the two EVE novels.

As for your idea for for criminals to have a chance to escape CONCORD intervention, this too is already in place. I see crime happen everyday in Hisec without CONCORD intervention. Scamming, Corporation theft, spying . . . all these acts are criminal, but don't fall under CONCORD's jurisdiction when it comes to unlawful aggression in a ship to ship sense.

As for what CCP will do in the future, we can never tell. There will be good, and probably quite a bit of bad if history repeats itself. The only thing I can say for sure is that there will be people flying and shooting each other until the day the servers shutdown for good.

Directing myself at the aptly named Carebear Champion. You are a target the moment you log into the game. You consent to the fact that you may lose everything your character owns by creating an account and logging into the game. Whether that comes from suicide gankers or clever corporation infiltration, it is still a reality.


You are right with what you say but I stated my opinion with all the things you stated in mind to imply on additional content. I do this because i see where Bungie is going with 'destiny' and RSI is taking at 'Star Citizen' and i am only trying to hint at the point of ccp being able to extend eve online's longliveability by making eve a more complete experience than it already is.

I do extensive research on games as a game designer and i am aware and very sure that the future of games lies in online connectivity ( as eve offers ) yet creating a fully fledged and functioning environment where players can express themselves in a multitude of ways.

I am aware eve already does this but i think i order to be able to increase numbers when these new works of art hit the market eve needs some drastic implementation. this will be achieved with team avatars current plans yet i am just enjoying being creative and adding ideas to the initial concept now as when i opened the topic, i was not aware of what team avatar was doing.

and to your point of getting away with crime i mean ganking without dieing (small chance dont forget).

Legba

Ten Bulls
Sons of Olsagard
#151 - 2013-02-21 12:14:57 UTC
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
I far preferr the notion of eve becomming like a real environment where you must learn to protect yourself


Where is this "real environment" where you can scam people then shoot them, take all there stuff, then brag about and get congratulated ?

Get a grip mate.
SoOza N'GasZ
L F C
Ethereal Dawn
#152 - 2013-02-21 12:18:37 UTC  |  Edited by: SoOza N'GasZ
Ten Bulls wrote:
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
I far preferr the notion of eve becomming like a real environment where you must learn to protect yourself


Where is this "real environment" where you can scam people then shoot them, take all there stuff, then brag about and get congratulated ?

Get a grip mate.


its not on on planet earth thats for sure (or maybe in africa somewhere), yet if you where a wild man you must learn to protect yourself against other wild men and animals, there is no safe zone in nature neither is there a total one in society, u cant stay in your flat 24 7 because u need money and food and as soon as you leave the house you are more or less subject to crime, sickness, accident, scams and many other dangers.

Also dont tell me to get a grip bro ive got a pretty good one.

*edit* yeah im quite sure there will be one in africa or maybe south america... in the amazon... oooor mafia bars in china somewhere who knows.

Legba

LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#153 - 2013-02-21 15:54:27 UTC
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:

*edit* yeah im quite sure there will be one in africa or maybe south america... in the amazon... oooor mafia bars in china somewhere who knows.



Those paces are represented by null sec in EVE.

High sec in EVE is a civilized country with an active and present police force. If you want realism, then if you break the law in high sec, you should go to jail for a few years.


You really need to come up with a new argument for making high sec more dangerous, because this one based on "realism" is total fail.

Arduemont
The State of War.
#154 - 2013-02-21 15:59:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Love these threads. Usually created by people who had it easy and now don't.

Suicide gankers seem to do it the most. "I used to be able to buy a thrasher and make instant ISK without any risk by suicide ganking miners! It's unfair that suicide ganking miners should have any risk when trying to gank them! Stop baby sitting the carebears!"

Someone's just pissed that their easy, no skill method of killing peeps in PvP got nerffed. That is all.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Ginger Barbarella
#155 - 2013-02-21 16:00:34 UTC
Oh, look. Someone else who doesn't think people should be able to play their own game.

What the f*** do you guys care how I play?!!!? stfu already. Getting tired of your tired boolsh!te.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

SoOza N'GasZ
L F C
Ethereal Dawn
#156 - 2013-02-21 16:47:54 UTC
LHA Tarawa wrote:
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:

*edit* yeah im quite sure there will be one in africa or maybe south america... in the amazon... oooor mafia bars in china somewhere who knows.



Those paces are represented by null sec in EVE.

High sec in EVE is a civilized country with an active and present police force. If you want realism, then if you break the law in high sec, you should go to jail for a few years.


You really need to come up with a new argument for making high sec more dangerous, because this one based on "realism" is total fail.



you are a total fail ^^

Legba

SoOza N'GasZ
L F C
Ethereal Dawn
#157 - 2013-02-21 16:49:17 UTC  |  Edited by: SoOza N'GasZ
Arduemont wrote:
Love these threads. Usually created by people who had it easy and now don't.

Suicide gankers seem to do it the most. "I used to be able to buy a thrasher and make instant ISK without any risk by suicide ganking miners! It's unfair that suicide ganking miners should have any risk when trying to gank them! Stop baby sitting the carebears!"

Someone's just pissed that their easy, no skill method of killing peeps in PvP got nerffed. That is all.

im just laughing from now on.

Legba

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#158 - 2013-02-21 16:53:28 UTC
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
Arduemont wrote:
Love these threads. Usually created by people who had it easy and now don't.

Suicide gankers seem to do it the most. "I used to be able to buy a thrasher and make instant ISK without any risk by suicide ganking miners! It's unfair that suicide ganking miners should have any risk when trying to gank them! Stop baby sitting the carebears!"

Someone's just pissed that their easy, no skill method of killing peeps in PvP got nerffed. That is all.

im just laughing from now on.

8 pages and you JUST STARTED? Shocked

you make people laugh since first post in this thread Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

HollyShocker 2inthestink
State War Academy
Caldari State
#159 - 2013-02-21 17:13:55 UTC
dark heartt wrote:
HollyShocker 2inthestink wrote:
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
honestly i also fear there may be a trend of ccp taking over control of the universe they created and turning it into a protected kindergarten in the long run.... i hope they keep in mind that simulating a real place is far more important to the games total immersiveness than making it easier for players that dont want to accept the world they play in for what it is and have it be just to their liking.


Is this not exactly what you are trying to do??




The difference is that what he is trying to do is stop the change, not initiate it.


Sounds like to me he is trying not to accept the world he is playing in for what it it is and trying to have it just to his liking.

So yea exactly the same thing.
Bane Veradun
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#160 - 2013-02-21 17:29:11 UTC
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
Bane Veradun wrote:
SoOza N'GasZ wrote:
Bane Veradun wrote:
Should you not concern yourself with improving your neighborhood, rather than coveting what little your neighbor has?

The sky does not fall, the walls are not closing in. What you could do then, still can be done now. You are asking for a different type of safety, a safety for those who are too complacent, too lethargic to rouse themselves to rise higher than they are now. Find freedom from the shackles of your own limits and fears. When you truly have nothing, only then will you understand that you are not limited by CCP and hisec, but only by your own imagination.

The lion that is handfed is no longer a predator, but a pet.


you speak great big BS my friend.


Sadly, I don't think you comprehend what I said, but then again, I didn't expect you to.


you are right i understood nothing of what you said because your intelligence is far superior to mine .... i kneel before thee my god.


*sigh* Do you find this approach works when people don't agree with your narrow point of view? It's obvious you don't care about the game as a whole, merely what you can get out of it for your own benefit.

Hi.