These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Navy Dominix destroyed...entering the world of PVP and low/null sec

Author
Barakkus
#21 - 2011-10-26 14:03:16 UTC
While you're running around, max both armor and shield tanking skills and navigation skills, it will open up a lot more options of what to fit/fly later.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#22 - 2011-10-26 14:17:06 UTC
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
So yesterday, I decided to go for a cigarette whilst in my mission with my navy domi. Long story short...it got destroyed due to my stupidness of not cilcking properly on my LAR II and hardners (oops).

Not that bothered really, I should be because it cost me 700 mill for the ship and faction fits, but meh.

Gives me a chance to do something I've been wanted to do for ages! Explore in low sec and null sec. Being a bit of a carebear I have no idea what to do. All of my time has been spent missioning in high sec and have no immediate desire to go back to that. Do I hunt down sites? Go ratting? what is profitable?

So what I'd like to do is, bit of exploration, see the universe that is Eden and maybe engage in a bit of PVP whilst I'm out there. The main problem I have is that I have no idea what ship I should be flying for this?
Do I go for a small fast frigate? Do I invest in another domi?

I'm needing advice on what to fly. Money is not a problem, if I need to I'll just sell a plex.

I can fly anything up to a BS, mainly drone skills. If someone can tell me how to post my skills on here then I gladly will if it helps people.


Florin



There are a lot of ways to improve your game and learn by little steps pvp in eve.

You can find different small fleets weekly organising roams with different people comming from different corps.

You can try to get in touch with some low sec corp and try to join their operations, some are not that close mind most people think

Most probably you will have to change from your corp, once you start being on the km's, a lot of people will just wd you for free.

Just some ideas.
Florin Pelecaci
Doomheim
#23 - 2011-10-27 07:31:17 UTC
Firstly, let me thank everyone for their suggestions. I posted in the recruitment forum and have some ingame mails which I shall respond to when I get home from work. I'm looking forward to my new adventure in eve.

Ejit wrote:
So you warped to a mission, took aggro, then decided to go for a smoke without giving any thought to activating hards/reps or the very obvious, warp out!

Well hell son I'll sign you up. We're always on the lookout for awesome new corpies, especially players like yourself who are clearly a cut above the rest...Lol

I'll take this as tongue in cheek Blink, with a hint of friendliness, but yes, I usually enter a mission, take the aggro, activate my modules and deploy the drones and can take anything they throw at me, whilst going for a smoke or cooking dinner. The problem started when I didn't activate my modules, oops. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not crying over it, nor petitioning for my ship back, nor 'rage-quitting' I actually thought it was quite amusing Lol
I'm just giving you a bit of backstory as to why a want a change of direction.

Fly Safe everyone!
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#24 - 2011-10-27 07:32:51 UTC
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Firstly, let me thank everyone for their suggestions. I posted in the recruitment forum and have some ingame mails which I shall respond to when I get home from work. I'm looking forward to my new adventure in eve.

Ejit wrote:
So you warped to a mission, took aggro, then decided to go for a smoke without giving any thought to activating hards/reps or the very obvious, warp out!

Well hell son I'll sign you up. We're always on the lookout for awesome new corpies, especially players like yourself who are clearly a cut above the rest...Lol

I'll take this as tongue in cheek Blink, with a hint of friendliness, but yes, I usually enter a mission, take the aggro, activate my modules and deploy the drones and can take anything they throw at me, whilst going for a smoke or cooking dinner. The problem started when I didn't activate my modules, oops. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not crying over it, nor petitioning for my ship back, nor 'rage-quitting' I actually thought it was quite amusing Lol
I'm just giving you a bit of backstory as to why a want a change of direction.

Fly Safe everyone!


Some people just haven't discovered AFK mission running yet.
Florin Pelecaci
Doomheim
#25 - 2011-10-27 07:34:56 UTC
JC Anderson wrote:
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Firstly, let me thank everyone for their suggestions. I posted in the recruitment forum and have some ingame mails which I shall respond to when I get home from work. I'm looking forward to my new adventure in eve.

Ejit wrote:
So you warped to a mission, took aggro, then decided to go for a smoke without giving any thought to activating hards/reps or the very obvious, warp out!

Well hell son I'll sign you up. We're always on the lookout for awesome new corpies, especially players like yourself who are clearly a cut above the rest...Lol

I'll take this as tongue in cheek Blink, with a hint of friendliness, but yes, I usually enter a mission, take the aggro, activate my modules and deploy the drones and can take anything they throw at me, whilst going for a smoke or cooking dinner. The problem started when I didn't activate my modules, oops. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not crying over it, nor petitioning for my ship back, nor 'rage-quitting' I actually thought it was quite amusing Lol
I'm just giving you a bit of backstory as to why a want a change of direction.

Fly Safe everyone!


Some people just haven't discovered AFK mission running yet.

No, something which the domi is very good at!............if you activate the required modules.... Lol
It's all good fun, nobody died, nobody got hurt. Just a silly mistake P
Nyla Skin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2011-10-27 07:36:42 UTC
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Caulk H0lster wrote:
Find a lowsec or 0.0 corp, join them, ask them.

I don't really want to leave my corporation, I am the CEO and I like my corp. I will just be taking an extended vacation for a while Big smile


You can make an alt that has corp management and leave it in charge of your corp.

In after the lock :P   - CCP Falcon www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies

Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#27 - 2011-10-27 08:23:14 UTC
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Wacktopia wrote:
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Caulk H0lster wrote:
Find a lowsec or 0.0 corp, join them, ask them.

I don't really want to leave my corporation, I am the CEO and I like my corp. I will just be taking an extended vacation for a while Big smile


Create an alt on your account, make them CEO, leave and join a 0.0 corp, learn how to explore and PvP.

If you try to set out on your own you will learn very slowly, die A LOT, and get complacent quickly because you will not understand a whole load of stuff and will probably end up back hear shedding tears all over the show.

Yeah if you can sell plex for ISK that's cool but you might end up getting butthurt after you start shedding billions learning the hard way.

Haha, nobody will ever hear me shedding tears on here.


Lol I thought I had got away with that edit.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Florin Pelecaci
Doomheim
#28 - 2011-10-27 08:26:02 UTC
Wacktopia wrote:
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Wacktopia wrote:
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Caulk H0lster wrote:
Find a lowsec or 0.0 corp, join them, ask them.

I don't really want to leave my corporation, I am the CEO and I like my corp. I will just be taking an extended vacation for a while Big smile


Create an alt on your account, make them CEO, leave and join a 0.0 corp, learn how to explore and PvP.

If you try to set out on your own you will learn very slowly, die A LOT, and get complacent quickly because you will not understand a whole load of stuff and will probably end up back hear shedding tears all over the show.

Yeah if you can sell plex for ISK that's cool but you might end up getting butthurt after you start shedding billions learning the hard way.

Haha, nobody will ever hear me shedding tears on here.


Lol I thought I had got away with that edit.

Good attempt good sir Big smile +1 internet points for you
lordjanuss
Dark Venture Corporation
#29 - 2011-10-27 09:49:24 UTC
I would scan for wh in high sec, I do it all the time and you will always find some,after short time of scanning, then you get sites and some PVP if you are lucky, just hit the dir. scan all the time you will be fine. And always BM the wh Big smile you will get much fun in that and ISK also.
HELIC0N ONE
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2011-10-27 10:52:14 UTC
Why not bring your corp with you?

Get everybody into fresh jump clones without expensive implants (if this is an option for you), update your medical clones, and take a group out in T1 frigates and destroyers. Crash everyone into the first target you find and blow it up or die trying.

Once you're all dead, do it again.

Make it a regular event.
Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2011-10-27 12:16:33 UTC
Florin Pelecaci wrote:


I'm needing advice on what to fly. Money is not a problem, if I need to I'll just sell a plex.

I can fly anything up to a BS, mainly drone skills. If someone can tell me how to post my skills on here then I gladly will if it helps people.


Florin


It all depends on what kind of PVP you want to do. Do you want to go out their and beat your chest? Or do you want to hide in the bushes waiting for prey to walk by?

If you go out there pounding your chest then I can pretty much guarantee you'll find a blob more often than you find someone to fight. I say, "you'll find a blob" because you'll run into it at a gate somewhere.

My personal favorite is the latter choice. A stealth bomber is a perfect candidate although you will have to pick and choose your targets carefully. What you'll be looking for are BS's or BC's running missions. So, you'll also need a cov-ops to probe them out. You might even find the occasional miner in nullsec; that's always fun.

Either way, good luck.


Don't ban me, bro!

Previous page12