These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New dev blog: Rebalancing EVE, one ship at a time

First post First post
Author
Arronicus
Caldari Navy Reconnaissance
#2141 - 2013-02-11 22:33:44 UTC
Ellendras Silver wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Ellendras Silver wrote:
http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74234

so according this blog more is to change on the capital rebalance let me get this straight it was said with the destroyer/battlecruisers if you can fly it today you can fly it after.

in the case of lets say a super sitting toon this means that as soon as the cap rebalance is done that sitter toon gets
capital ships 4
jump drive operation 2 t/m 5
jump drive callibration 4
jump fuel conservation 4

or else i wont be able to board the ship anymore on my sitter toon


If you have already trained the carrier skill for your chosen race you do not need to train any of those skills in order to fly the ship. Those skills are simply required to inject the skill for people who have not yet injected it.

The only possible exception to the "If you could fly it before you can fly it after" rule is the Tier 1 Navy BS which will require training from level 1 to level 2. For everything else (including supercarriers) the rule holds true. If you can fly a supercarrier before the changes you can fly it after.


thnx for the reply... i am sorry but something isnt realy clear if i have a sitter toon (in training right now) that is able to sit in a nyx do i get the skills that i lack or am i able to sit in it without the skills needed afterwards?

also i realy would like an estimated time where we can expect the capital requirement changes, i understand it isnt realistic to say it when it will be exactly but give us something (as close as possible) for a timeframe



If you have the skill plugged in pre-patch, you can still sit in it after, regardless of if you have the pre-reqs or not. That is all. Period. Nothing more to it. You will not get free skills, you will not be refunded. You will not get a special bonus. You will just be able to fly it after, if you could before. The end.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2142 - 2013-02-11 23:24:45 UTC
Ellendras Silver wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Ellendras Silver wrote:
http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74234

so according this blog more is to change on the capital rebalance let me get this straight it was said with the destroyer/battlecruisers if you can fly it today you can fly it after.

in the case of lets say a super sitting toon this means that as soon as the cap rebalance is done that sitter toon gets
capital ships 4
jump drive operation 2 t/m 5
jump drive callibration 4
jump fuel conservation 4

or else i wont be able to board the ship anymore on my sitter toon


If you have already trained the carrier skill for your chosen race you do not need to train any of those skills in order to fly the ship. Those skills are simply required to inject the skill for people who have not yet injected it.

The only possible exception to the "If you could fly it before you can fly it after" rule is the Tier 1 Navy BS which will require training from level 1 to level 2. For everything else (including supercarriers) the rule holds true. If you can fly a supercarrier before the changes you can fly it after.


thnx for the reply... i am sorry but something isnt realy clear if i have a sitter toon (in training right now) that is able to sit in a nyx do i get the skills that i lack or am i able to sit in it without the skills needed afterwards?

also i realy would like an estimated time where we can expect the capital requirement changes, i understand it isnt realistic to say it when it will be exactly but give us something (as close as possible) for a timeframe


As mentioned above, no skills will be given in these cases, you simply will be able to use the ship as you could before. You'll notice that each skill category (primary, secondary, so on) has a skill at the top, and then requirements to train that skill below it. The only skills the ship cares about are the ones at the top of each category, it completely ignores everything else.

And the most accurate timeframe I can give you is that these changes will be released with our summer expansion.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Kalterox
Doomheim
#2143 - 2013-02-12 10:20:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalterox
edit..wrong thread
Xaphan Jehuti
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2144 - 2013-02-15 09:29:24 UTC
erm help?

so if i am a pure Caldari pilot and have BC lvl5 will i get a refund on my other 3 race BC skills? or will you make me train it all over again if i choose to swap race sometime in the future?
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#2145 - 2013-02-15 10:25:20 UTC
Xaphan Jehuti wrote:
erm help?

so if i am a pure Caldari pilot and have BC lvl5 will i get a refund on my other 3 race BC skills? or will you make me train it all over again if i choose to swap race sometime in the future?



No refunds.

If you don't have Racial Cruiser 3, you won't get Racial BC (anything)


Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Mund Richard
#2146 - 2013-02-15 10:52:24 UTC
Xaphan Jehuti wrote:
erm help?

so if i am a pure Caldari pilot and have BC lvl5 will i get a refund on my other 3 race BC skills? or will you make me train it all over again if i choose to swap race sometime in the future?

Train all racial cruiser skills to 3 now, and you won't get a headache later when you want to sit in another race's BC.

"Refund" is not happening, poor choice of words.
What you get, is every race's BC at your current non-racial BC skill level, assuming you also have every race's cruiser skill at 3.
If you don't have a particular race's cruiser, you get left out for that race's BC.

(True refund is happening if you have BC to V and no cruiser to III, which is an ...odd situation usually)

"We want PvE activities to require active participation and mirror PvP more closely." Stacking penalty for NPC EWAR then? Lock range under 9km from over 100 in a BS is not fun. Nor is two NPC web drones making me crawl 10m/s. PvP SW-900 x5: 75m/s.

Haifisch Zahne
Hraka Manufacture GmbH
#2147 - 2013-02-19 07:26:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Haifisch Zahne
I still can't get an answer:

If I have, for example, Command Ships trained before the changes, but not, say, Amarr Cruisers V trained, will I be able to fly the Amarr Command Ships after the changes if I meet the new prerequisites *except* the new ones for Command Ships. Or, MUST I have Amarr Cruisers trained to V BEFORE the changes in order to fly their Command Ships after the changes.

Essentially, the talk has been "if you can fly the **SHIP** before, you can fly it after". I want to know if this really means "if you have the **SKILL** before, you will have it after (and can use the skill to fulfill other requirements just as if you had trained it after the changes even though you don't have all of its new prerequisites)".

Please only answer if you can and do read the entire post, understand what I have written, and know what the "h" "e" double-hockey sticks you are talking about (and preferably are a dev).

The point is not academic. It has serious ramifications to capital and super capital ships as well.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#2148 - 2013-02-19 10:36:18 UTC
Haifisch Zahne wrote:
I still can't get an answer:

If I have, for example, Command Ships trained before the changes, but not, say, Amarr Cruisers V trained, will I be able to fly the Amarr Command Ships after the changes if I meet the new prerequisites *except* the new ones for Command Ships. Or, MUST I have Amarr Cruisers trained to V BEFORE the changes in order to fly their Command Ships after the changes.

Essentially, the talk has been "if you can fly the **SHIP** before, you can fly it after". I want to know if this really means "if you have the **SKILL** before, you will have it after (and can use the skill to fulfill other requirements just as if you had trained it after the changes even though you don't have all of its new prerequisites)".

Please only answer if you can and do read the entire post, understand what I have written, and know what the "h" "e" double-hockey sticks you are talking about (and preferably are a dev).

The point is not academic. It has serious ramifications to capital and super capital ships as well.



If you have, before the change:
Amarr Cruiser 3
Battlecruisers 5
Command Ships 1


You will be able to fly, at least, the Damnation (and probably the Absolution, but it's not in the image. The text does read that way though)

As you will end up with:
Amarr cruiser 3,
Amarr Battlecruiser 5,
Command ships 1

Which are the requirements for the Damnation.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Ted McManfist
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2149 - 2013-02-27 01:57:52 UTC
I understand what is going to happen with the skills when they split, but I'm wondering what will happen to the battlecruiser and destroyer skill books I have in my hangar and compiled in skill packs for new players. Will they also be split into their racial variants?
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#2150 - 2013-02-27 10:03:57 UTC
Ted McManfist wrote:
I understand what is going to happen with the skills when they split, but I'm wondering what will happen to the battlecruiser and destroyer skill books I have in my hangar and compiled in skill packs for new players. Will they also be split into their racial variants?



http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74234


  • 'Removal and refund of all Destroyers and Battlecruisers skill books at the NPC order price.'

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Ted McManfist
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2151 - 2013-02-27 10:49:01 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Ted McManfist wrote:
I understand what is going to happen with the skills when they split, but I'm wondering what will happen to the battlecruiser and destroyer skill books I have in my hangar and compiled in skill packs for new players. Will they also be split into their racial variants?



http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74234


  • 'Removal and refund of all Destroyers and Battlecruisers skill books at the NPC order price.'

Thanks.

I can't believe I missed that. Straight