These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

High sec, get ready to be represented! James 315 announced his candidacy for CSM 8 in Brapelille!!!

Author
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#81 - 2013-02-08 15:32:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Zol Interbottom wrote:

Yes, because i can obviously afford a hulk to AFK mine my way to a bazzilion ISK, its not like everyone who disagrees with your goals is a "bot aspirant AFK miner who seeks only to play the game for his own profit", i dont even make enough money to afford to fly my first ******* vexor, i am literally using the same ship i have had for months, please, show me where this magic money faucet that supposedly exists in highsec is, because i can not find it and station trading is boring as balls


You've been playing about 6 months according to your corp history, if you're struggling to fly a Vexor after that period of time, you're doing something wrong.

Isk in highsec is ridiculously easy to earn, ninja salvage the belts, buy modules outside of trade hubs & sell them in the trade hubs, run DED sites, indulge in some PI (it's not hard to pull a million a day per planet for 5 minutes effort even in 0.9 and 1.0 space), accept 2 or more missions at once and chain them, offer to salvage other players missions for a cut of the haul etc. There are so many ways to earn Isk in Eve, I've only listed a small portion of the legitimate ones, there are plenty more, some legitimate, some not so much, if you can't find one then you're wearing blinkers.

The opportunities are there you just have to A: see them, and B: grab them with both hands.

You don't get given cookies in Eve, you have to make them, and then you have to try and keep them, because people can and will steal them from you.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#82 - 2013-02-08 17:12:39 UTC
Zol Interbottom wrote:
i came to EVE for spaceships exploding and fun, i got grinding, expensive spaceships that were too expensive to risk exploding, sec status grinding, dying constantly and people saying the game is too easy while i barely afford to fly frigates. nerfing high sec to the point where starting off in the game is a struggle and players are forced to subject themselves to the drama queens in null or the constant attacks from the roving gangs of low sec is a terrible idea, if you want to play a game where you blow everything up indiscriminately and constantly, thats fine, but not everyone does, and while making high sec completely safe is a terrible idea, giving players a place where they dont have to be constantly paranoid that everything is important, no excuse for not fitting your god damn hulks already but seriously, you are a minority, not everyone supports the New Order, if you want people to go to null/low then stop trying to force them there and make some ******* incentive, like not killing them constantly and forever

Maybe you're approaching it the wrong way. Sure, you can grind your way up the hierarchy of EVE as you would do in WoW or something, but that's not the optimal way at all. I stole my first three billion at one month old and ever since then I've been doing whatever I want, whenever I want. I can say with pride that I have not mined since my third day in EVE and I have not done a single mission since I got bored halfway through the Sisters of EVE arc.
Manu Militari
Neurotoxin Control
Shadow Cartel
#83 - 2013-02-08 18:22:16 UTC
Vin King wrote:
Manu Militari wrote:
Without hisec new players would never pass being 'new' because they would quit. They are at such a skill and isk disadvantage already, taking their proving grounds away would only make it worse.


As a new player, I've been podded for mining in LowSec, I've been pursued and blown up by Concord, I've received a bounty for 10M isk, I've sold ammo to other new players/characters, I've flown with gank fleets, I've bumped afk miners, I've learned how to steer, and much much more.

I've had a fun and exciting 10 days since I started playing.

None of it has been safe, none of it has been extremely profitable, but all of it has been fun. The times I've been the most bored with are when I sit there, staring at lasers slowly make an asteroid into isk. The changes suggested here can make my experience common for new players. "Welcome to the game, have some fun with some people." There's still safe places for newbies, places where we can mess around with trying to learn what we're doing. But there's room for much more fun to be had. I wouldn't trade my experiences as a new player jumping into risky endeavors for all the ice in Halaima.


Yes, and i had the same experience, I was in lowsec living as a complete pvper in under a month and haven't gone back. But this game is a sandbox, what is fun for you may not be for others. Thats where the flaw in all of this is, its sandbox game stop trying to press your agendas and game style on other people. "Eve is meant for pvp blah blah" argument is dumb, Eve was designed to be a complete sandbox meaning players could choose many different play styles and careers within the game. As the game stands now, there is nothing preventing new players from doing what you did, I dont see your argument? As the game stands now, null sec is much more rewarding than high sec, and its not working. The game needs a fix for nullsec and lowsec, not a complete nerf of hisec. If you have 2 things, one working and one not, you dont get the broken one to work by breaking the working one, thats idiotic. The main aspect of James plan that are legitimate are the issues with lowsec, an area with all the danger and little reward, and moon mining which is a much greater problem for Eve play style and economics than afk mining as it literally requires you to do nothing, beyond that its just a bunch of ramblings.
Manu Militari
Neurotoxin Control
Shadow Cartel
#84 - 2013-02-08 18:25:40 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
How many of these people complaining that James statements are "too extreme" also complained about the statements about making all pvp in highsec consensual only made by trebor, et al?

Oh, none of them.

Funny that.


thats a ******** idea as well. We are discussing James ideas though in this thread.. go to a trebor thread to discuss his. And disagreeing with 'nerfing high sec into oblivion' is not the same thing as 'making high sec a wonderland with no danger.'
Vin King
State War Academy
Caldari State
#85 - 2013-02-08 18:27:02 UTC
Manu Militari wrote:
As the game stands now, there is nothing preventing new players from doing what you did, I dont see your argument? As the game stands now, null sec is much more rewarding than high sec, and its not working. The game needs a fix for nullsec and lowsec, not a complete nerf of hisec.


There's nothing preventing them from doing that, I readily acknowledge. The issue is that there's not much incentive for them to do it. HighSec is a nice comfy pillow fort that people can hide in, and once they get used to it, cry and beg whenever someone knocks it over, or bumps their ship. That's what these proposals help address. The proposal isn't "Step 1: Gimp HighSec, Step 2: Plan complete." His approach calls for adjustments across the board, to help encourage the sandbox.

Proud member of the New Order of HighSec

Primary Me
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2013-02-09 01:12:43 UTC
Manu Militari wrote:
As the game stands now, null sec is much more rewarding than high sec, and its not working. The game needs a fix for nullsec and lowsec, not a complete nerf of hisec. If you have 2 things, one working and one not, you dont get the broken one to work by breaking the working one, thats idiotic.

Due to power creep it is always better to balance by nerfing rather than boosting. Null and low both need to be boosted but this means a corresponding nerf to hi-sec otherwise null will become to OP.

CCP know this, they just really don't want to come out and say it. At least not until they have the flood defenses in place ready for the tidal flow of tears.

Zol Interbottom
Blimp Requisition Services
#87 - 2013-02-09 01:54:38 UTC
Primary Me wrote:
Manu Militari wrote:
As the game stands now, null sec is much more rewarding than high sec, and its not working. The game needs a fix for nullsec and lowsec, not a complete nerf of hisec. If you have 2 things, one working and one not, you dont get the broken one to work by breaking the working one, thats idiotic.

Due to power creep it is always better to balance by nerfing rather than boosting. Null and low both need to be boosted but this means a corresponding nerf to hi-sec otherwise null will become to OP.

CCP know this, they just really don't want to come out and say it. At least not until they have the flood defenses in place ready for the tidal flow of tears.



You're right, nerf titans and supercap hotdrop

"If you're quitting for the 3rd time you clearly ain't quitting" - Chribba

Mark Munoz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2013-02-09 02:12:49 UTC
Manu Militari wrote:
Vin King wrote:
Manu Militari wrote:
Without hisec new players would never pass being 'new' because they would quit. They are at such a skill and isk disadvantage already, taking their proving grounds away would only make it worse.


As a new player, I've been podded for mining in LowSec, I've been pursued and blown up by Concord, I've received a bounty for 10M isk, I've sold ammo to other new players/characters, I've flown with gank fleets, I've bumped afk miners, I've learned how to steer, and much much more.

I've had a fun and exciting 10 days since I started playing.

None of it has been safe, none of it has been extremely profitable, but all of it has been fun. The times I've been the most bored with are when I sit there, staring at lasers slowly make an asteroid into isk. The changes suggested here can make my experience common for new players. "Welcome to the game, have some fun with some people." There's still safe places for newbies, places where we can mess around with trying to learn what we're doing. But there's room for much more fun to be had. I wouldn't trade my experiences as a new player jumping into risky endeavors for all the ice in Halaima.


Yes, and i had the same experience, I was in lowsec living as a complete pvper in under a month and haven't gone back. But this game is a sandbox, what is fun for you may not be for others. Thats where the flaw in all of this is, its sandbox game stop trying to press your agendas and game style on other people. "Eve is meant for pvp blah blah" argument is dumb, Eve was designed to be a complete sandbox meaning players could choose many different play styles and careers within the game. As the game stands now, there is nothing preventing new players from doing what you did, I dont see your argument? As the game stands now, null sec is much more rewarding than high sec, and its not working. The game needs a fix for nullsec and lowsec, not a complete nerf of hisec. If you have 2 things, one working and one not, you dont get the broken one to work by breaking the working one, thats idiotic. The main aspect of James plan that are legitimate are the issues with lowsec, an area with all the danger and little reward, and moon mining which is a much greater problem for Eve play style and economics than afk mining as it literally requires you to do nothing, beyond that its just a bunch of ramblings.


I vote this forum alt for my CSM 8 Rep! No seriously, no sarcasm. I like James' mission but as you mention the path to get there is very extreme. Jarring change isn't going to help this game its the slow brutal knife twists that keep the players around as they put up with new changes.
Manu Militari
Neurotoxin Control
Shadow Cartel
#89 - 2013-02-09 08:03:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Manu Militari
Mark Munoz wrote:
Manu Militari wrote:
Vin King wrote:
Manu Militari wrote:
Without hisec new players would never pass being 'new' because they would quit. They are at such a skill and isk disadvantage already, taking their proving grounds away would only make it worse.


As a new player, I've been podded for mining in LowSec, I've been pursued and blown up by Concord, I've received a bounty for 10M isk, I've sold ammo to other new players/characters, I've flown with gank fleets, I've bumped afk miners, I've learned how to steer, and much much more.

I've had a fun and exciting 10 days since I started playing.

None of it has been safe, none of it has been extremely profitable, but all of it has been fun. The times I've been the most bored with are when I sit there, staring at lasers slowly make an asteroid into isk. The changes suggested here can make my experience common for new players. "Welcome to the game, have some fun with some people." There's still safe places for newbies, places where we can mess around with trying to learn what we're doing. But there's room for much mre fun to be had. I wouldn't trade my experiences as a new player jumping into risky endeavors for all the ice in Halaima.


Yes, and i had the same experience, I was in lowsec living as a complete pvper in under a month and haven't gone back. But this game is a sandbox, what is fun for you may not be for others. Thats where the flaw in all of this is, its sandbox game stop trying to press your agendas and game style on other people. "Eve is meant for pvp blah blah" argument is dumb, Eve was designed to be a complete sandbox meaning players could choose many different play styles and careers within the game. As the game stands now, there is nothing preventing new players from doing what you did, I dont see your argument? As the game stands now, null sec is much more rewarding than high sec, and its not working. The game needs a fix for nullsec and lowsec, not a complete nerf of hisec. If you have 2 things, one working and one not, you dont get the broken one to work by breaking the working one, thats idiotic. The main aspect of James plan that are legitimate are the issues with lowsec, an area with all the danger and little reward, and moon mining which is a much greater problem for Eve play style and economics than afk mining as it literally requires you to do nothing, beyond that its just a bunch of ramblings.


I vote this forum alt for my CSM 8 Rep! No seriously, no sarcasm. I like James' mission but as you mention the path to get there is very extreme. Jarring change isn't going to help this game its the slow brutal knife twists that keep the players around as they put up with new changes.


..not sure if being sarcastic about not being sarcastic haha. If serious, thanks lol but this is no forum alt - manu is my main. Feel free to reach out in game. No need to hide behind alts especially when having a discussion about the betterment of our game
Zol Interbottom
Blimp Requisition Services
#90 - 2013-02-09 13:25:46 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
How many of these people complaining that James statements are "too extreme" also complained about the statements about making all pvp in highsec consensual only made by trebor, et al?

Oh, none of them.

Funny that.


Last time I check he only said to allow consensual PVP in the way that allows people's I have 1v1 fights without a suspect flag

"If you're quitting for the 3rd time you clearly ain't quitting" - Chribba

Singular Snowflake
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2013-02-10 10:37:59 UTC
Zol Interbottom wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
How many of these people complaining that James statements are "too extreme" also complained about the statements about making all pvp in highsec consensual only made by trebor, et al?

Oh, none of them.

Funny that.


Last time I check he only said to allow consensual PVP in the way that allows people's I have 1v1 fights without a suspect flag

Check again.
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#92 - 2013-02-11 08:59:42 UTC
I'm really looking forward to all the New Order stuff that will be put out in this CSM election and the folks who don't realize the whole thing is a type of subtle RPish New-Eden-troll. It all promises to be entertaining. I hope there is a lot of the better examples such as the OP here.

Personally, I think players should be free to do whatever activity they want in this game without getting messed with much, but w/e. Player-created content, anyway.

Wait...Prencleeve is a big supporter of New Order? Oh my... Well, I guess supporters can't always be chosen... People change...right?

Anyway, I'm sure the J315 lot is up to it and won't disappoint.












Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#93 - 2013-02-11 10:50:45 UTC
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:
Well, I guess supporters can't always be chosen

Pretty much.
Lin Suizei
#94 - 2013-02-11 11:53:41 UTC
In light of James 315's clear and succinct presentation of his views and his emphasis on direct community outreach through both in-game actions and ~words~, one might wonder whether some of the other CSM candidates are even seriously contending for a seat on the CSM.

315 4 CSM8.

Lol I can't delete my forum sig.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#95 - 2013-02-11 12:25:35 UTC
Lin Suizei wrote:
In light of James 315's clear and succinct presentation of his views and his emphasis on direct community outreach through both in-game actions and ~words~, one might wonder whether some of the other CSM candidates are even seriously contending for a seat on the CSM.

315 4 CSM8.


Because James can only occupy one of the 14 CSM seats. That gives the rest of us mere mortals something to play for.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Vin King
State War Academy
Caldari State
#96 - 2013-02-11 16:46:32 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Because James can only occupy one of the 14 CSM seats.


For now... DUN DUN DUNNNNNN


Proud member of the New Order of HighSec

Manu Militari
Neurotoxin Control
Shadow Cartel
#97 - 2013-02-11 18:10:02 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Lin Suizei wrote:
In light of James 315's clear and succinct presentation of his views and his emphasis on direct community outreach through both in-game actions and ~words~, one might wonder whether some of the other CSM candidates are even seriously contending for a seat on the CSM.

315 4 CSM8.


Because James can only occupy one of the 14 CSM seats. That gives the rest of us mere mortals something to play for.


I suggest anyone who is looking for realistic and reasonable changes to high sec read into the ideas of Malcanis.
Sara XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#98 - 2013-02-12 00:40:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Sara XIII
Meanwhile...
Between Ignorance and Wisdom
Wescro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#99 - 2013-02-12 07:42:37 UTC
Sara XIII wrote:


That post was more REAL than I can handle in one sitting. I think I'm gonna take drake into low sec and sever my carebear chains. Thank you James 315.
Singular Snowflake
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2013-02-12 11:10:08 UTC
Sara XIII wrote:

I hope the other future CSM members can approach this level of realism and vision. James 315 truly knows what he is talking about.