These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM - Do you think? (... continued)

First post First post
Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#261 - 2011-10-23 00:21:55 UTC
Ice ganking is pointless. It makes a big fuss but changes nothing. Soon as they stop, then people will just go back to it. It is like tossing stones into a pond, makes a splash but changes nothing.
If they continue long enough people will ice mine in battleships that can't be ganked fast enough before Concord gets them, they will have sentries or they will have protective fleets.

Anything stopping them using logistics on a fleet of Mackraws? They only have to live long enough for Concord to arrive. Anything stopping them putting warp bubbles up at mining sites in null to catch the griefers?

No?

Then Goons aren't making a big enough impact for people to be finding solutions.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Elson Tamar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#262 - 2011-10-23 21:03:08 UTC
I disagree Ice ganking is making a difference. It will change the economy, what people think of the goons (polarising opinion i think) how people feel ccp handle things, it has affected how people view the CSM, and i think (although they will never admit it) the goons are using it for a long term goal. It has high sec players annoyed with null sec players and null sec player snearing at high sec players.

However it si still a game, so in that sense no ones life was saved, no one found enlightenment or helped the world towards a profound change. We did however find that eve is a reflection of life in micro and with all that brings.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#263 - 2011-10-24 00:39:13 UTC
Hulkaggedon has had little to no long lasting impact. It was a fuss and a mass action, so a bit of a thrill, some drama for people to natter about but it hasn't stopped people mining.
Anyway, no point in arguing a difference of opinion. Smile

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Elson Tamar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#264 - 2011-10-24 16:03:10 UTC
Tis true.
Jita Alt666
#265 - 2011-10-24 19:49:23 UTC
This thread should have died a long time ago.
The recent dev blogs coming out have shown that CCP are heading in a direction that I for one like:
- implants in pod kill-mails
- backending bug reports
- focusing on Eve Online over other games

Why you feel the need to bump your terrible thread and sight recent developments as evidence is beyond me.

Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#266 - 2011-10-24 20:01:10 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
This thread should have died a long time ago.
Why you feel the need to bump your terrible thread and sight recent developments as evidence is beyond me.

Some people can't see beyond their hatred of Goons.
Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#267 - 2011-10-24 20:13:24 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
This thread should have died a long time ago.
The recent dev blogs coming out have shown that CCP are heading in a direction that I for one like:
- implants in pod kill-mails
- backending bug reports
- focusing on Eve Online over other games

Why you feel the need to bump your terrible thread and sight recent developments as evidence is beyond me.





Maybe he does not have as short of a memory as you choose to have?
We have been asking for Implants on KM's for ages, and now suddenly "Poof" instantly there.


Sounds like they could have done this a long long time ago, but were just ignoring the **** out of their player base.

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Jenshae Chiroptera
#268 - 2011-10-25 00:18:28 UTC
Quote:
Eurogamer: The Council of Stellar Management [CSM] has been increasingly vocal and rebellious in recent months. What's your relationship with them like at the moment - your personal feelings and those of the company as a whole?

Hilmar P├ętursson: The CSM has been under constant evolution based on what's going on in the current environment, what's going on with CCP and Eve, who's on the Council and all that. The CSM has helped greatly through the years in getting feedback for aspects of the game.

But some of my concerns right now relate to whether the CSM is maybe focused on a particular aspect of the game and I'm starting to get feedback from players that they worry the CSM is too pre-occupied by a certain playstyle. That might mean we may need to change the structure, but definitely the CSM has worked as a feedback tool greatly throughout the years. We will have them over at the end of the year, after everything that's gone on, and we will have a chance to talk about that. We'll just see where we are and take it from there.


You were saying?

Link

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jita Alt666
#269 - 2011-10-25 00:21:02 UTC
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:
This thread should have died a long time ago.
The recent dev blogs coming out have shown that CCP are heading in a direction that I for one like:
- implants in pod kill-mails
- backending bug reports
- focusing on Eve Online over other games

Why you feel the need to bump your terrible thread and sight recent developments as evidence is beyond me.





Maybe he does not have as short of a memory as you choose to have?
We have been asking for Implants on KM's for ages, and now suddenly "Poof" instantly there.


Sounds like they could have done this a long long time ago, but were just ignoring the **** out of their player base.


Let me sort this out step by step:

1. Random WH/High Sec guy starts thread claiming that goons are in control of too much.
2. Thread grinds on with Op looking sillier and sillier.
3. CCP change direction to do things lots of players want.
4. Op bumps thread saying: see I told you so! I told you so!
5. I pass comment that thread should have died ages ago and that the changes in CCP have nothing to do with this terrible excuse for a thread.
6. You claim my memory is short cause "we have been asking for implants on KM's for ages'...

Way to take something out of context then jump to a stupid conclusion.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#270 - 2011-10-25 00:22:49 UTC
High sec / WH doesn't preclude logical thinking. Blink

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#271 - 2011-10-25 00:39:39 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:
This thread should have died a long time ago.
The recent dev blogs coming out have shown that CCP are heading in a direction that I for one like:
- implants in pod kill-mails
- backending bug reports
- focusing on Eve Online over other games

Why you feel the need to bump your terrible thread and sight recent developments as evidence is beyond me.





Maybe he does not have as short of a memory as you choose to have?
We have been asking for Implants on KM's for ages, and now suddenly "Poof" instantly there.


Sounds like they could have done this a long long time ago, but were just ignoring the **** out of their player base.


Let me sort this out step by step:

1. Random WH/High Sec guy starts thread claiming that goons are in control of too much.
2. Thread grinds on with Op looking sillier and sillier.
3. CCP change direction to do things lots of players want.
4. Op bumps thread saying: see I told you so! I told you so!
5. I pass comment that thread should have died ages ago and that the changes in CCP have nothing to do with this terrible excuse for a thread.
6. You claim my memory is short cause "we have been asking for implants on KM's for ages'...

Way to take something out of context then jump to a stupid conclusion.




Such a poor and small little mind.

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Jita Alt666
#272 - 2011-10-25 00:46:42 UTC
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:
This thread should have died a long time ago.
The recent dev blogs coming out have shown that CCP are heading in a direction that I for one like:
- implants in pod kill-mails
- backending bug reports
- focusing on Eve Online over other games

Why you feel the need to bump your terrible thread and sight recent developments as evidence is beyond me.





Maybe he does not have as short of a memory as you choose to have?
We have been asking for Implants on KM's for ages, and now suddenly "Poof" instantly there.


Sounds like they could have done this a long long time ago, but were just ignoring the **** out of their player base.


Let me sort this out step by step:

1. Random WH/High Sec guy starts thread claiming that goons are in control of too much.
2. Thread grinds on with Op looking sillier and sillier.
3. CCP change direction to do things lots of players want.
4. Op bumps thread saying: see I told you so! I told you so!
5. I pass comment that thread should have died ages ago and that the changes in CCP have nothing to do with this terrible excuse for a thread.
6. You claim my memory is short cause "we have been asking for implants on KM's for ages'...

Way to take something out of context then jump to a stupid conclusion.




Such a poor and small little mind.


No rationale response so you go for the personal insult without adding anything else.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#273 - 2011-10-25 00:56:58 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:

No rationale response so you go for the personal insult without adding anything else.


Let me put what he said another way:

"There is no point arguing with a fool.
- They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#274 - 2011-10-25 01:06:11 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Quote:
Eurogamer: The Council of Stellar Management [CSM] has been increasingly vocal and rebellious in recent months. What's your relationship with them like at the moment - your personal feelings and those of the company as a whole?

Hilmar P├ętursson: The CSM has been under constant evolution based on what's going on in the current environment, what's going on with CCP and Eve, who's on the Council and all that. The CSM has helped greatly through the years in getting feedback for aspects of the game.

But some of my concerns right now relate to whether the CSM is maybe focused on a particular aspect of the game and I'm starting to get feedback from players that they worry the CSM is too pre-occupied by a certain playstyle. That might mean we may need to change the structure, but definitely the CSM has worked as a feedback tool greatly throughout the years. We will have them over at the end of the year, after everything that's gone on, and we will have a chance to talk about that. We'll just see where we are and take it from there.


You were saying?

Link

You might want to back up and bold the first part of the sentence instead of cherry picking the part that makes it sound like he's agreeing with you.
Jita Alt666
#275 - 2011-10-25 01:42:32 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:

No rationale response so you go for the personal insult without adding anything else.


Let me put what he said another way:

"There is no point arguing with a fool.
- They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."


My arguments in this thread are clear, concise and reasonable. i am worried about the ability of some of this threads predominant readers comprehension levels.
The Mittani
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#276 - 2011-10-25 01:45:03 UTC
What I get from this thread: "nerf persuasive, attractive people who have charisma and a modicum of social graces"

Sorry kiddo.

~hi~

Flamespar
WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#277 - 2011-10-25 03:02:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Flamespar
Yes the sucking chest wound present in the CSM do need to be addressed.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#278 - 2011-10-25 13:53:42 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
What I get from this thread: "nerf persuasive, attractive people who have charisma and a modicum of social graces"

Sorry kiddo.



I am going to take that as a joke. Big smile If you were anywhere near serious ... Shocked

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#279 - 2011-10-25 14:01:34 UTC
Moved from General Discussion.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#280 - 2011-10-25 14:02:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternum Praetorian
CCP seems to be nerfing anything CSM related at this point.
Interesting...



This thread made 14 pages without getting moved, and yet now it gets moved without any reason given.

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]