These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Gallente Strategy for Total Warzone Domination Revealed

First post First post
Author
Generals4
#121 - 2013-01-24 13:47:51 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
u caldari guys are idiots u had just as many gunless frigs plexing for ur tier5s so dont kid urself the same farmers flip flopping between malitias and as for the amarrian piping up u guys did same with nulli so humm boot hurts wen its on other foot?


Oh please. Let's not lie either here. We had to deal with many more gunless farmers because the entire winmatar farming army invaded our space. 3/4th of the farmers were winmatar and almost every system had at least one or two of em plexing at any time given. I know lots of calmil pvp'ers who left because they were sick of hunting down stabbed frigs.

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#122 - 2013-01-24 13:59:03 UTC
Generals4 wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
u caldari guys are idiots u had just as many gunless frigs plexing for ur tier5s so dont kid urself the same farmers flip flopping between malitias and as for the amarrian piping up u guys did same with nulli so humm boot hurts wen its on other foot?


Oh please. Let's not lie either here. We had to deal with many more gunless farmers because the entire winmatar farming army invaded our space. 3/4th of the farmers were winmatar and almost every system had at least one or two of em plexing at any time given. I know lots of calmil pvp'ers who left because they were sick of hunting down stabbed frigs.


Incorrect. There was one occasion where alts HAD to farm their own space and as a result recorded VP's in the militia window. The caldari consistently beat the minmatar in VP by a narrow margin.

This happened after gallentes tier 5 push and a near consecutive tier 4 push by the amarr resulting in no systems for the farmers to work on in the opposite warzone.

It might have seemed like there were more minmatar farmers to you for a couple of reasons. Mainly because caldari had control of the swing systems for longer periods of time. Even with the minmatar horde it took gallente a long time to farm systems to vulnerable but once we did flip them caldari had them back to vuln within 10 days iirc.
X Gallentius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2013-01-24 14:39:34 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Generals4 wrote:
Oh please. Let's not lie either here. We had to deal with many more gunless farmers because the entire winmatar farming army invaded our space. 3/4th of the farmers were winmatar and almost every system had at least one or two of em plexing at any time given. I know lots of calmil pvp'ers who left because they were sick of hunting down stabbed frigs.

I forgot to give credit where credit was due here. We needed a counter to the massive number of Caldari afk plexing alts, so we made sure that CCP Yttr did not give into the "you can't diagonal plex" crowd, and then we had Hans send us the Minmater plexing hordes. "The Horde" conducted their farming operations in a very professional manner and are to be commended.
ALUCARD 1208
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#124 - 2013-01-24 18:14:32 UTC
Generals4 wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
u caldari guys are idiots u had just as many gunless frigs plexing for ur tier5s so dont kid urself the same farmers flip flopping between malitias and as for the amarrian piping up u guys did same with nulli so humm boot hurts wen its on other foot?


Oh please. Let's not lie either here. We had to deal with many more gunless farmers because the entire winmatar farming army invaded our space. 3/4th of the farmers were winmatar and almost every system had at least one or two of em plexing at any time given. I know lots of calmil pvp'ers who left because they were sick of hunting down stabbed frigs.



lols i think ull find most of those minmatar farmers will have also had a caldari alt for wen u guys was turning things round and probably gallenete alts too, the farmers only cared bout which way a warzone was swinging and theyd move to that coz they knew theyd get a cash out for there time.

just one question if all the caldaris were leaving from chasing gunless frigs then who was it that was swinging the warzone to caldari t5s?

those rose tinted glasses need a clean mate
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#125 - 2013-01-24 22:34:35 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Generals4 wrote:
Oh please. Let's not lie either here. We had to deal with many more gunless farmers because the entire winmatar farming army invaded our space. 3/4th of the farmers were winmatar and almost every system had at least one or two of em plexing at any time given. I know lots of calmil pvp'ers who left because they were sick of hunting down stabbed frigs.

I forgot to give credit where credit was due here. We needed a counter to the massive number of Caldari afk plexing alts, so we made sure that CCP Yttr did not give into the "you can't diagonal plex" crowd, and then we had Hans send us the Minmater plexing hordes. "The Horde" conducted their farming operations in a very professional manner and are to be commended.


Minmatar no longer have plexing hoardes, they all joined the amarr :D
Generals4
#126 - 2013-01-24 22:38:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Generals4
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:



lols i think ull find most of those minmatar farmers will have also had a caldari alt for wen u guys was turning things round and probably gallenete alts too, the farmers only cared bout which way a warzone was swinging and theyd move to that coz they knew theyd get a cash out for there time.

just one question if all the caldaris were leaving from chasing gunless frigs then who was it that was swinging the warzone to caldari t5s?

those rose tinted glasses need a clean mate


Actually i doubt so. There were pirates on the northern front and the only militia alts they had were Winmatar. Though i would like to note i'm not trying to say we didn't have a horde of farmers. But the fact is we had to handle two armies of farmers.

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

ALUCARD 1208
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#127 - 2013-01-24 22:45:54 UTC
still big enough to flipp a warzone a few times aswell like i say the farmers had alts in all races and would just change sides to the most farmable
X Gallentius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#128 - 2013-01-24 22:49:39 UTC
Super Chair wrote:
Minmatar no longer have plexing hoardes, they all joined the amarr :D

War is over. We sent them home.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
Shadow Cartel
#129 - 2013-01-25 04:18:03 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Super Chair wrote:
Minmatar no longer have plexing hoardes, they all joined the amarr :D

War is over. We sent them home.


How do we trick them into thinking home is Caldari?
Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#130 - 2013-01-25 06:12:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Andre Vauban
IbanezLaney wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Super Chair wrote:
Minmatar no longer have plexing hoardes, they all joined the amarr :D

War is over. We sent them home.


How do we trick them into thinking home is Caldari?



It looks like somebody has already played that trick:

rowset name="VictoryPointsYesterday" key="factionID" columns="factionID,factionName,victoryPoints"
factionID="500001" factionName="Caldari State" victoryPoints="23400"
factionID="500003" factionName="Amarr Empire" victoryPoints="23320"
factionID="500002" factionName="Minmatar Republic" victoryPoints="18740"
factionID="500004" factionName="Gallente Federation" victoryPoints="17440"

Hmmm, could it be that CCP's game design doesn't suck after all? Could it be that all the farmers switched to Amarr/Caldari because they had lots of systems to plex? Could it be that this will continue until all non-home systems are flipped? After that, could it be that the farmers will switch to Gallente/Minmatar and the cycle will repeat? We have seen this before, we will see this again.

PS This is unacceptable. CCP chatgris has also just finished work on our new secret weapon dubbed Caldari Prime Project. This weapon will let us change the Caldari faction standings of all members of a corp or alliance to -10. We were going to test it out on NAERY, but we decided that they are too remote of an example to demonstrate the power of our fully operational super weapon. Instead CCP Ammon Dei, CCP Juan Rayo, CCP Mitch Taylor, CCP Tekitha, and CCP Julianus Soter have decided we will demonstrate our new weapon against Happy Endings and EVOKE unless they cease and desist from running any fleet larger than 3 pod pilots.

Gallente Victor, We come for our ISK!

.

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#131 - 2013-01-25 07:39:58 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Super Chair wrote:
Minmatar no longer have plexing hoardes, they all joined the amarr :D

War is over. We sent them home.


How do we trick them into thinking home is Caldari?


make tier 5 and you will get all farmers.
Jamie zulen
Thee Institute of Technology and Science
#132 - 2013-01-25 09:15:34 UTC
Lol fun post, and funny trolling. Cool

Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#133 - 2013-01-25 11:15:49 UTC
Andre Vauban wrote:
IbanezLaney wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Super Chair wrote:
Minmatar no longer have plexing hoardes, they all joined the amarr :D

War is over. We sent them home.


How do we trick them into thinking home is Caldari?



It looks like somebody has already played that trick:

rowset name="VictoryPointsYesterday" key="factionID" columns="factionID,factionName,victoryPoints"
factionID="500001" factionName="Caldari State" victoryPoints="23400"
factionID="500003" factionName="Amarr Empire" victoryPoints="23320"
factionID="500002" factionName="Minmatar Republic" victoryPoints="18740"
factionID="500004" factionName="Gallente Federation" victoryPoints="17440"

Hmmm, could it be that CCP's game design doesn't suck after all? Could it be that all the farmers switched to Amarr/Caldari because they had lots of systems to plex? Could it be that this will continue until all non-home systems are flipped? After that, could it be that the farmers will switch to Gallente/Minmatar and the cycle will repeat? We have seen this before, we will see this again.

PS This is unacceptable. CCP chatgris has also just finished work on our new secret weapon dubbed Caldari Prime Project. This weapon will let us change the Caldari faction standings of all members of a corp or alliance to -10. We were going to test it out on NAERY, but we decided that they are too remote of an example to demonstrate the power of our fully operational super weapon. Instead CCP Ammon Dei, CCP Juan Rayo, CCP Mitch Taylor, CCP Tekitha, and CCP Julianus Soter have decided we will demonstrate our new weapon against Happy Endings and EVOKE unless they cease and desist from running any fleet larger than 3 pod pilots.

Gallente Victor, We come for our ISK!


Could it be that any game design that depends on farmers with cloaks & stabs to win a Sov War, whom have nothing to do with FW outside of farming LP is bad?
X Gallentius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2013-01-25 13:35:34 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Mutnin wrote:

Could it be that any game design that depends on farmers with cloaks & stabs to win a Sov War, whom have nothing to do with FW outside of farming LP is bad?

It used to be designed that way until we saw how much of an advantage it was for the Caldari. So, we had our devs fix that for us. Now farmers matter a little bit (just enough so Caldari think they are competitive), but not enough for them overtake our side. If they get out of hand (out of hand meaning the Gallente start failcascading) we'll adjust something about the plexing mechanic.
subtle turtle
Doozer Mining Cartel
#135 - 2013-01-25 14:27:25 UTC
Andre Vauban wrote:

Hmmm, could it be that CCP's game design doesn't suck after all? Could it be that all the farmers switched to Amarr/Caldari because they had lots of systems to plex? Could it be that this will continue until all non-home systems are flipped? After that, could it be that the farmers will switch to Gallente/Minmatar and the cycle will repeat? We have seen this before, we will see this again.


Stop talk like this! Implying that Eve is anything other than a horrible cesspool of corruption and broken game mechanics in a FW thread is grounds for immediate removal from a militia!
Frozen Fallout
Guldan Age Stories
#136 - 2013-01-25 20:30:05 UTC
chatgris wrote:
One important detail omitted from the OP - How did Bolsterbomb get his fleets repeatedly slaughtered without giving away that he was a spy? He talked his pilots into repeatedly attacking arguably the strongest position that Gallente held at that time, Nennamaila with fantasies of taking the system. A brilliant plan indeed.



Bolsterbomb has been an XMETA plant since the beginning. Worked perfectly!
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#137 - 2013-01-25 22:27:01 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Mutnin wrote:

Could it be that any game design that depends on farmers with cloaks & stabs to win a Sov War, whom have nothing to do with FW outside of farming LP is bad?

It used to be designed that way until we saw how much of an advantage it was for the Caldari. So, we had our devs fix that for us. Now farmers matter a little bit (just enough so Caldari think they are competitive), but not enough for them overtake our side. If they get out of hand (out of hand meaning the Gallente start failcascading) we'll adjust something about the plexing mechanic.


cloakes stabbed frigates are not the problem itself.

Problem is that current system puts all isk grinding farmers to one side, farmers are not interested about system control they farm isk, opposing sides only reason to take plexes is to get systems. So reasons for plexing are different, other side makes isk and other side tries to take system for nothing.

Sure caldari could take all systems and change farmers to caldari side, but why to do it is the question. Better to go best tier side and farm isk.

Faction warfare basic mechanic behind everything is to make better isk, not pvp, so why to see all trouble when you can make isk on winning side any day.
ALUCARD 1208
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#138 - 2013-01-25 23:14:12 UTC
its msimple because the winning sides lp end up so devalued its not worth the time and the losing sides lp becomes desirable so they switch to get more isk for there lp wen they do flip the systems bk
X Gallentius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2013-01-25 23:45:15 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
Problem is that current system puts all isk grinding farmers to one side, ...

This is not a problem because all the farmers run plexes for the Gallente. It will only be an issue for FW if and when they switch sides and run plexes for Caldari. At that point we'll have the devs adjust the mechanics so they come back to our side.
Frozen Fallout
Guldan Age Stories
#140 - 2013-01-25 23:50:45 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Bad Messenger wrote:
Problem is that current system puts all isk grinding farmers to one side, ...

This is not a problem because all the farmers run plexes for the Gallente. It will only be an issue for FW if and when they switch sides and run plexes for Caldari. At that point we'll have the devs adjust the mechanics so they come back to our side.


Here Here!

One for all and all for the Gallente!

So say we all!