These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

freighter killing has to stop

Author
Dooper
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-01-24 21:24:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Dooper
OK .. ccp need to step in !!!!!!! Stop groups using newbie ship to stop you from jumping in a freighter ,if you look at the eve kill broads there are about 4 freighter a day That are kill .Alot of them you see that newdie ships with 0.0dmg in the kill mail
There should be a out cry i love to pvp but this is n't not cool .There is no way the freighter has no way to fight back .There are ton of thing on youtube now about how there are doing it .I belive ccp should look back in all the freighter kill mails if they see the newdie in there
they should give the ship and the loot to the ploit .To me this is like pos bowling there at the point of breaking the rule but not there yet .CCP i would like you all to look back in the e-mails see the rookie ships there and ask is this right
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#2 - 2013-01-24 21:26:18 UTC
1/10. The illiteracy was OTT, as were the excessive exclamation marks. Will re-grade you depending on how many bites you get.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-01-24 21:35:06 UTC
Now that we have suspect flags concord should be liquidated

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Ildryn
Idle Guns.
#4 - 2013-01-24 22:14:09 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Now that we have suspect flags concord should be liquidated


+1 This
Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-01-24 22:19:05 UTC
If only there was a corp available to everyone that couldn't be war dec'd like a corp run by NPCs or something. Maybe CCP could also implement a ship capable of keeping up with a freighter and providing protection against OP solo rookie ships.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#6 - 2013-01-24 22:26:28 UTC
Dooper wrote:
OK .. ccp need to step in !!!!!!! Stop groups using newbie ship to stop you from jumping in a freighter ,if you look at the eve kill broads there are about 4 freighter a day That are kill .Alot of them you see that newdie ships with 0.0dmg in the kill mail
There should be a out cry i love to pvp but this is n't not cool .There is no way the freighter has no way to fight back .There are ton of thing on youtube now about how there are doing it .I belive ccp should look back in all the freighter kill mails if they see the newdie in there
they should give the ship and the loot to the ploit .To me this is like pos bowling there at the point of breaking the rule but not there yet .CCP i would like you all to look back in the e-mails see the rookie ships there and ask is this right


It's not CCP's problem, lazy/greedy pilots have brought it upon themselves, they should sort it out themselves.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Whitehound
#7 - 2013-01-24 22:29:02 UTC
How does this work?

Does the freighter get the WEAPONS-flag set when a Rookie ship shoots at it, thus preventing the freighter from jumping?

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Dersk
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-01-24 22:40:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Dersk
Whitehound wrote:
How does this work?

Does the freighter get the WEAPONS-flag set when a Rookie ship shoots at it, thus preventing the freighter from jumping?


No. What usually happens is a neutral alt flying a procurer, ibis, (edit: or blackbird) or otherwise innocent enough ship, tackles a jump freighter, piloted by someone involved in a war dec, that's just entering highsec. The idea is to have wartargets log on and resume tackle before the neutral alt dies.

Some people manage to kill dozens of jump freighters a month, with that tool playing a large part.

I'm more interested in the remarkably common lowsec jump freighter kills. Those I just don't understand.
Whitehound
#9 - 2013-01-24 22:56:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
Dersk wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
How does this work?

Does the freighter get the WEAPONS-flag set when a Rookie ship shoots at it, thus preventing the freighter from jumping?


No. What usually happens is a neutral alt flying a procurer, ibis, (edit: or blackbird) or otherwise innocent enough ship, tackles a jump freighter, piloted by someone involved in a war dec, that's just entering highsec. The idea is to have wartargets log on and resume tackle before the neutral alt dies.

Some people manage to kill dozens of jump freighters a month, with that tool playing a large part.

I'm more interested in the remarkably common lowsec jump freighter kills. Those I just don't understand.

Ah, gotcha.

So it is like a kid, which drank too much and cannot hold its bladder, runs, gets held off by a person of authority (i.e. the head teacher) and wets itself before reaching the toilet...

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Dooper
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-01-24 23:01:26 UTC
One of the thing i see that going to happen with all the freighter kills . Plex are going to go higher and higher this way the some are start to rule over the market . I do think this is something that CCP need to look at what going to happen when no will bring a freighter out the market is going to hurt because of it . ore price will go up and then will the plex and ship and so on and so on .
Whitehound
#11 - 2013-01-24 23:16:16 UTC
Dooper wrote:
One of the thing i see that going to happen with all the freighter kills . Plex are going to go higher and higher this way the some are start to rule over the market . I do think this is something that CCP need to look at what going to happen when no will bring a freighter out the market is going to hurt because of it . ore price will go up and then will the plex and ship and so on and so on .

And so on and so on, and in the end does everyone get more ISKs for their stuff, because all the prices have gone up. Only you go empty, because you have lost your stuff and got nothing to sell.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Cap James Tkirk
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-01-24 23:30:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Cap James Tkirk
QQ thread awww isnt that nice

Ninja edit**

vagisil is that way ======>
Dooper
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-01-24 23:31:15 UTC
hum no this is about ppl breaking the rules to kill freighter. By using newbie ship to push them around so they can't jump.
Cap James Tkirk
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-01-24 23:31:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Cap James Tkirk
Dooper wrote:
hum no this is about ppl breaking the rules to kill freighter. By using newbie ship to push them around so they can't jump.



bumping is not against the rules unless it is a pointless venture for SnG

ninja edit #2
check out James315 and his crew of bumpers
Whitehound
#15 - 2013-01-24 23:40:18 UTC
Dooper wrote:
hum no this is about ppl breaking the rules to kill freighter. By using newbie ship to push them around so they can't jump.

The fact that a newbie ship can bump a freighter does seem unfair, but nothing stops players to use a bigger ship and so the problem is only marginal. How do you want to fix it?

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Dooper
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-01-24 23:43:43 UTC
i believe the dev have a forum open about this is it breaking the rules
there are a lot of ppl that believe it is
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#17 - 2013-01-24 23:43:55 UTC
Dooper wrote:
hum no this is about ppl breaking the rules to kill freighter. By using newbie ship to push them around so they can't jump.

Bumping is legit when it has a purpose beyond just annoying someone. I've kept ships bumped for friends before. A while back an associate had a battleship tackled in a mission space, but his cruiser couldn't break its tank. I showed up and kept it bumped for 60 seconds while he let his aggression cool off and jumped into a Hurricane so he could get the kill. That was entertaining.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Vaeliel
Slander Acquisitions
#18 - 2013-01-24 23:58:27 UTC
Dooper wrote:
...if you look at the eve kill broads there are about 4 freighter a day That are kill .


Where was you when freighter was kill?

I was home eating peanut butter and lasagna sandwitch.

Pjotr call

"freighter was kill"

"no"

You?
Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2013-01-25 03:21:31 UTC
You already have the tools to solve this problem. Suicide ganks. In fact, if it's a noob ship you could probably even get his pod before getting CONCORDED.

Too bad you guys have been screaming for suicide gank nerfs for years, or it would be easier on you.

I think there's a saying here about lying in beds that applies.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2013-01-25 03:34:11 UTC
tell freighter i am truley sorry for your lots

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

123Next page