These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

phpBB 3.x API Registration Mod v6+

Author
Kanoubi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#621 - 2013-01-18 18:47:37 UTC
Hi

Can´t register anyone, always get the message at the end :


couldn't connect to host

What i did wrong ? Roll
Aron Fox
Tranquillian Imperial Navy
#622 - 2013-01-20 02:59:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Aron Fox
The forum keeps invalidating users accounts for invalid API even tho their API is not invalid. This have happed with multiple people now. I think it occures when they attempt to log in. I manually checked their APIs and they are still valid.

The mod is totally unusable in this condition, i had to disable the API checker to prevent all of my forum user to get removed.
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#623 - 2013-01-21 18:19:29 UTC
Kanoubi wrote:
Hi

Can´t register anyone, always get the message at the end :


couldn't connect to host

What i did wrong ? Roll


No idea, but you are best off watching the videos to determine the cause.


Aron Fox wrote:
The forum keeps invalidating users accounts for invalid API even tho their API is not invalid. This have happed with multiple people now. I think it occures when they attempt to log in. I manually checked their APIs and they are still valid.

The mod is totally unusable in this condition, i had to disable the API checker to prevent all of my forum user to get removed.


You aren't providing enough information to determine what the problem is.
Are you using the latest version? Did you triplecheck in the AdminCP to check if the entities are set up correctly? Etc.
Aron Fox
Tranquillian Imperial Navy
#624 - 2013-01-22 03:02:55 UTC
I am using the latest version and I did install everything and config everythign in the ACP.

Basicly the problem is that people register to the forum with a valid API. the user uses the forum. the user logs out. and the user attempts to log back in but then the forum have made their account invalid and require them to re-submit the API (and the same API they used to register works to resubmit with aswell) and then they can use to forum untill next log on.

Dex Thiesant
Concordiat
Pandemic Horde
#625 - 2013-01-22 05:15:34 UTC
Hey,

Great tool, I managed to get everything running fairly quick. The only issue I seem to be having is with the evefit bbcode.

This is what I'm seeing: http://imgur.com/tvUw2rt

I tested it in Chrome Version 24.0.1312.52 m as well as the IGB and I get the same result. I'm also using the latest version of your mod which is 6.1.2 .

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dex
Dex Thiesant
Concordiat
Pandemic Horde
#626 - 2013-01-22 05:30:20 UTC
Dex Thiesant wrote:
Hey,

Great tool, I managed to get everything running fairly quick. The only issue I seem to be having is with the evefit bbcode.

This is what I'm seeing: http://imgur.com/tvUw2rt

I tested it in Chrome Version 24.0.1312.52 m as well as the IGB and I get the same result. I'm also using the latest version of your mod which is 6.1.2 .

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dex



Please disregard. I was using a custom theme that didn't inherit from pro-silver. I just had to add your css file and it worked like a charm. Again, beautiful work.

Dex
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#627 - 2013-01-22 12:26:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Aron Fox wrote:
I am using the latest version and I did install everything and config everythign in the ACP.

Basicly the problem is that people register to the forum with a valid API. the user uses the forum. the user logs out. and the user attempts to log back in but then the forum have made their account invalid and require them to re-submit the API (and the same API they used to register works to resubmit with aswell) and then they can use to forum untill next log on.


Please check that if the user used eveapi_update.php to revalidate their API details, if they are stored in the UserCP -> Profile -> Account Settings. It could be that those values are not saved.

However, something weird is still happening on your forum. Depending on the settings, your user should automaticly be logged out when his/her account is being deactivated. Also, are you absolutely sure you are using version 6.1.2, as I recall I fixed some issues in both 6.1.1 and 6.1.2.

Dex Thiesant wrote:
Please disregard. I was using a custom theme that didn't inherit from pro-silver. I just had to add your css file and it worked like a charm. Again, beautiful work.

Dex

You'll love version 6.2.0 then. I'm currently uploading a new short (48 minutes lol!) installation video onto Youtube, describing the new (more) automated process and support for subsilver2 based themes out-of-the-box.
Apocil Munar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#628 - 2013-01-23 07:05:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Apocil Munar
One of my clients is having the same issue as Backbone666 mentioned below with 6.1.2 can you please share what was needed to fix it so I can make the change on his installation?



Cyerus wrote:
ISuper wrote:
Nice, but your update manual is different Pirate And when i try to uninstall/install AutoMod package it always go to `force` mode.
Also i don't have this features after update:

~ Added API Key creation hyperlink to the register page.
~ Added hyperlink for eveapi_update.php to the loginpage.

Forcemode? That's probably a setting on your forum, normal mode works fine for me.

As for the missing links; that's probably because you haven't updated your template with the new changes yet.
Default template (Prosilver) should show them.


Backbone666 wrote:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cronlog() (previously declared in [ROOT]/forums/includes/eveapi/functions_eveapi.php:25) in [ROOT]/forums/includes/eveapi/functions_eveapi.php on line 34

Don't think your going to catch a break today Cyerus Oops

Managed to get him sorted after a short chat session.


James Auscent wrote:
Thanks for the quick fix. Keep up the good work.

No problem. Sometimes I seem to be using move instead of copy...


deathmane sunwalker wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to install this mod using automod, but once it is installed via automod, the eve api settings are not showing. Any help?

Watch the Youtube videos I made explaining the installation and configuration of this mod in detail.
Link can be found in the second post of this thread.




I'll release an update next week containing the database update for all the new and updated EVE stuff.
If lucky, the update will contain some updates for Jabber aswell.
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#629 - 2013-01-23 17:36:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Apocil Munar wrote:
One of my clients is having the same issue as Backbone666 mentioned below with 6.1.2 can you please share what was needed to fix it so I can make the change on his installation?



Cyerus wrote:
[quote=Backbone666]Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cronlog() (previously declared in [ROOT]/forums/includes/eveapi/functions_eveapi.php:25) in [ROOT]/forums/includes/eveapi/functions_eveapi.php on line 34

Don't think your going to catch a break today Cyerus Oops

Managed to get him sorted after a short chat session.


He did something funky that made the mod install twice.

You are best of uninstalling the mod, as well as any other mod that made edits to the original phpBB files.
After that you should reupload the original phpBB files (exception of config.php and the install-folder).
Clear cache in AdminCP.
Install v6.1.2 of the mod again, which should not give you any problems.



Since version 6.2.0 is nearing it's release, I might aswell show you the Youtube video describing the new installation process as well as the changes for version 6.2.0. Personally I'm very happy (and proud I might add) with this new version, as it's another big step forward being way ahead of the "competition".

Almost everything is handled by AutoMOD / Umil with very very little manual stuff during installation.
The video has replaced the original video, and should be the first video being played when watching the playlist.

Direct video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o40iRCvenYk
Latrolobos
New Eden Burns
#630 - 2013-01-24 06:17:04 UTC
Cyerus..You da man!

Any chance of explaining a little about the eve fitting BBcode? It's still lagging behind the cruiser changes as far as slot layout goes. I would like to know if 6.2.0 will update it or if I can change something manually.
Euthanasia Anneto
Embers Children
#631 - 2013-01-24 06:44:53 UTC
Cyerus wrote:
...another big step forward being way ahead of the "competition".

Euh... just a Q, which competition? Most arn't updated or having no authors. Best atm is either phpBB with your mod or eveBB (or whatever it's called)?

If only some could build a phpBB Killboard which integrates it all and functioning on it's own in combination of your mod. Then I'm pretty sure that most problems would be solved...

.EC.. of [TOHA], Industrialists with guns. We're overe there, some where and no where... Contacting go through ingame convo's .EC.. and [TOHA] are recruiting, get in contact with us

eidenjunior
Perkone
Caldari State
#632 - 2013-01-24 10:47:49 UTC  |  Edited by: eidenjunior
Cyerus wrote:

Since version 6.2.0 is nearing it's release, I might aswell show you the Youtube video describing the new installation process as well as the changes for version 6.2.0. Personally I'm very happy (and proud I might add) with this new version, as it's another big step forward being way ahead of the "competition".

Almost everything is handled by AutoMOD / Umil with very very little manual stuff during installation.
The video has replaced the original video, and should be the first video being played when watching the playlist.

Direct video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o40iRCvenYk


Cyerus, it looks good Big smile.AttentionAttention

For the eveapi_check.php Can you add status check of eve api server response???

I get a lot(30 of 55 users) of
Quote:
EVE API Connection error: 28 -> Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#633 - 2013-01-24 13:52:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Latrolobos wrote:
Cyerus..You da man!

Any chance of explaining a little about the eve fitting BBcode? It's still lagging behind the cruiser changes as far as slot layout goes. I would like to know if 6.2.0 will update it or if I can change something manually.

All the new Eve stuff will be part of 6.2.0, as it features the Retribution 1.0.7 database dump.


Euthanasia Anneto wrote:
Cyerus wrote:
...another big step forward being way ahead of the "competition".

Euh... just a Q, which competition? Most arn't updated or having no authors. Best atm is either phpBB with your mod or eveBB (or whatever it's called)?

If only some could build a phpBB Killboard which integrates it all and functioning on it's own in combination of your mod. Then I'm pretty sure that most problems would be solved...

Good point, mainly meant as sarcasm.
EveBB is doing a good job as staying a small stable package for a simple corporation/alliance without any big needs.
Temar's SMF mod is falling behind, as it's bugfix after bugfix without any good active development.
IPB and vBulletin I haven't seen any projects, but considering both are packages you have to pay for, I'd assume not a lot of people are using it.
phpBB is what's left, and in my humble opinion features the most.

As for the killboard solution; that would be reinventing the wheel. There are alot of project already for killboard solutions, but none of them are simple enough to implement into phpBB (or at least make use of phpBB's user management system).
Besides that there are some technical limitations for the killLog API, as only one source per hour receives the killLog back, meaning that if multiple killboards leech your killLog, only one killboard get's updated.


eidenjunior wrote:
Cyerus, it looks good Big smile.AttentionAttention

For the eveapi_check.php Can you add status check of eve api server response???

I get a lot(30 of 55 users) of
Quote:
EVE API Connection error: 28 -> Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

Can't really add that, as the errors are coming from unstable API servers. It's a random chance of the API servers working or not, so even if the script would check the API servers it won't guarantee a thing.
Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#634 - 2013-01-24 20:28:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Pesadel0
When can we get the new version cyrous ?, ABlinkwesome job man and many thanks for the tutorials and keep fighting the good fight.
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#635 - 2013-01-25 12:42:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Pesadel0 wrote:
When can we get the new version cyrous ?, ABlinkwesome job man and many thanks for the tutorials and keep fighting the good fight.

How about now? Cool





Hereby I'm releasing version 6.2.0


  • Hopefully fixed a small bug where groups were not updated correctly if no default group has been selected.
  • Added ejabberd support to the main release, including a new (small) module for easy configuration.
  • Updated EVE stuff with Retribution 1.0.7 release.
  • Added initial configurable options in the Group-management screen. Even though the options don't do anything yet, the values are being stored for future implementation to give people the chance to already update to this new system.
  • Added initial Jabber option in each of the entities. Even though the option don't do anything yet, the values are being stored for future implementation to give people the chance to already update to this new system.
  • Added out-of-the-box support for Subsilver2 based themes. Even though I personally don't like the theme, I have to admit I like the way the cronjob screen looks like.
  • Updated the TeamSpeak 3 PHP framework to version 1.1.18 (requires TeamSpeak 3 Server of at least version 3.0.6.1).
  • Updated UMIL to version 1.0.5, mainly to avoid a few warnings about outdated UMIL in the AutoMOD screen.
  • Fixed EVE BBcode to ignore case when searching for items (including in fitting) and ships and systems, to avoid bugs like 'MicroWarpdrive' vs 'Microwarpdrive' in the future.
  • Slightly better TeamSpeak 3 error reporting; the cronjob now stops the script when no connection can be made to the TeamSpeak 3 server while TeamSpeak 3 integration is enabled. Cronjob will now also show the reason why, instead of throwing a PHP error.
  • Better validation for TeamSpeak 3 server nicknames. (Restricting values to Alpha-Numerical only.)
  • Fully automated installation (and module activation). Upload the zipfile to AutoMOD and it should place all the files in the correct places. The UMIL part (install/index.php) now takes care of automaticly activating the different modules.
  • Added root/eveapi_check.php to let you verify whether or not your webhost has the required PHP-version, extensions and mods enabled and running. This file requires you to be logged in as an admin, so if you see a white page be sure to log into the admin control panel first before browsing back to this script (security reasons).


New update / installation video has been created, check out the link in the first post of this topic.

Download can be found in the first post of this topic as usual.
Let me know if you come across any other issues.
ISuper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#636 - 2013-01-26 13:22:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ISuper
GJ man! Could you explain exactly steps to upgrade 6.1.2 -> 6.2.0? In your video i see only new installation on clean forum. Thanks.
Dex Thiesant
Concordiat
Pandemic Horde
#637 - 2013-01-27 23:16:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Dex Thiesant
I'm getting strange functionality when trying to add the teamspeak UID.

Sometimes I get the timeout error message (how can I increase the timeout?).

Sometimes it says the users profile was updated successfully but when go back to the profile page the key did not save and the user was not updated on TS.

Any thoughts?

I was getting this with both the previous version and the latest.
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#638 - 2013-01-28 00:51:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
ISuper wrote:
GJ man! Could you explain exactly steps to upgrade 6.1.2 -> 6.2.0? In your video i see only new installation on clean forum. Thanks.

No need for that, as it's pretty much the default upgrade instructions that apply.

Basicly these steps;

  • Create a freakin' backup of everything (just in case you screw up)
  • Uninstall old mod from AutoMOD screen
  • Clear cache
  • Install new mod in AutoMOD
  • Go to forum.com/install and choose to upgrade
  • Delete the install-folder using FTP.
  • Clear cache again.


If, for some reason, it now shows the EVE API modules double in the AdminCP, go ahead and delete the older ones (those automaticly placed new ones are always at the bottom of the list).


Dex Thiesant wrote:
I'm getting strange functionality when trying to add the teamspeak UID.

Sometimes I get the timeout error message (how can I increase the timeout?).

Sometimes it says the users profile was updated successfully but when go back to the profile page the key did not save and the user was not updated on TS.

Any thoughts?

I was getting this with both the previous version and the latest.

Sounds like a bad connection between your forum and your TeamSpeak server.
Can you copy/paste the full time-out error you receive?

As for the "Succesfully updated" while being empty basicly means that something in the connection went wrong, meaning that nothing was updated. Not sure why it doesn't throw an error though, might need to change that behavior a bit in the future.
Dex Thiesant
Concordiat
Pandemic Horde
#639 - 2013-01-28 02:36:14 UTC
Cyerus wrote:


Sounds like a bad connection between your forum and your TeamSpeak server.
Can you copy/paste the full time-out error you receive?

As for the "Succesfully updated" while being empty basicly means that something in the connection went wrong, meaning that nothing was updated. Not sure why it doesn't throw an error though, might need to change that behavior a bit in the future.


Sorry I missed you in game.

I'm not getting an error because in /includes/eveapi/functions_eveapi.php inside the eveapi_setTeamSpeakGroups function you have most of that code inside of a try/catch but just eat the exception.

I added the following line inside the catch block:

Quote:
add_log('user', $user_id, 'Error updating server group.', $e->getMessage(), $e->getTraceAsString());


Which is how I found out that my connection to the TS query port was being refused.

I was kind of in a rush so I didn't have time to do it proper. I'd would have preferred to have it as an error message instead of a user log message. In a future update can you add that? It'll save a lot of time with troubleshooting.
Andy Tibs
Ministry of War
#640 - 2013-02-01 18:55:14 UTC
I have upgraded our forum to 6.2 of the mod and when I run the eveapi_check.php I am getting one that says is not found/installed.

Quote:
PHP extension Zip is enabled: No


Not quite sure where to enable/install this from. Any help would be great!