These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Suggest me a Ship.

Author
Theo Samaritan
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-01-21 16:59:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Theo Samaritan
Budget: 800m

What I need:
A ship and fitting that can obliterate level 4 missions as quick as possible (by which I mean, clear every room) for the money given. I am not expecting to AFK anything, but try and avoid tissue-paper fits please.

I'm approaching 70m SP, almost everything in subcap, so assume I can fly it or I'm close to flying it.

I'm aware the Mach is the best ship out there for this job, but keep me in budget aye? This is mainly to give me something to do during corp downtime.

Thanks in advance,

Theo

Edit: I should also say that I'm running Sisters Level 4s in The Forge, so Mordus/Serps/Angels mainly.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-01-21 17:16:32 UTC
CNR. /thread

I should buy an Ishtar.

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#3 - 2013-01-21 17:18:05 UTC
My first thought is a CNR. They are cheap right now (around 440ish?) and you will have room in your budget for some nice fittings on it.

Second thought is Tengu. Also in your budget, and it may be usefull for other things besides missions. Though it will not DPS missions as fast as a BS.

Mach cost is around 1.4 bil with no fittings
Mare cost is 1.1ish

You could get aT1 Raven and not risk a lot, especially since you say this is just for slow times and not your main concerrn.

All these ships have really standard fittings, but ppl really need a ship decision first.
Bedlin
Caldari Organizational Logistics Department
#4 - 2013-01-21 17:30:35 UTC
I am going to both have to agree and disagree with my former associate Raven here, I say Tengu as well for missioning.

My Tengu can run a lvl 4 mission faster than any CNR, even after the missile nerf its versatility of target acquisition gives it an edge. I do not think its current build will fit within your price bracket however, but eventually as you get the chance to swap out parts for faction parts it will get to where it can really fly.

Beware the mighty Mach though it will still out do the Tengu eventually, the nightmare might as well (not enough personal experience but I think the EM Therm only thing is going to make it on average slower) but both of those are out of that 800 million starting price.

Good luck.

Where's the promised loot drops for Rogue Drones?    --DeMichael Crimson

Theo Samaritan
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-01-21 17:31:52 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
All these ships have really standard fittings, but ppl really need a ship decision first.


Aye that is my issue - I can at the very least work out a fit if I can't find one I like, but it's the ship choice that makes me think.

I'm assuming cruises over torps here.
Theo Samaritan
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-01-21 17:33:21 UTC
Bedlin wrote:
I am going to both have to agree and disagree with my former associate Raven here, I say Tengu as well for missioning.

My Tengu can run a lvl 4 mission faster than any CNR, even after the missile nerf its versatility of target acquisition gives it an edge. I do not think its current build will fit within your price bracket however, but eventually as you get the chance to swap out parts for faction parts it will get to where it can really fly.

Beware the mighty Mach though it will still out do the Tengu eventually, the nightmare might as well (not enough personal experience but I think the EM Therm only thing is going to make it on average slower) but both of those are out of that 800 million starting price.

Good luck.


Mach is going to be my end goal, I simply needed to be realistic when balancing current income =) It's really something just to fill the gap until then.
Shaotuk
Sin City Enterprises
#7 - 2013-01-21 18:27:18 UTC
Theo Samaritan wrote:
Bedlin wrote:
I am going to both have to agree and disagree with my former associate Raven here, I say Tengu as well for missioning.

My Tengu can run a lvl 4 mission faster than any CNR, even after the missile nerf its versatility of target acquisition gives it an edge. I do not think its current build will fit within your price bracket however, but eventually as you get the chance to swap out parts for faction parts it will get to where it can really fly.

Beware the mighty Mach though it will still out do the Tengu eventually, the nightmare might as well (not enough personal experience but I think the EM Therm only thing is going to make it on average slower) but both of those are out of that 800 million starting price.

Good luck.


Mach is going to be my end goal, I simply needed to be realistic when balancing current income =) It's really something just to fill the gap until then.


If a Mach is your end goal, get a Maelstrom. It does good damage projection at range, has a decent tank, and shares the same skills as a Mach.

It's also cheap to fit.
Bedlin
Caldari Organizational Logistics Department
#8 - 2013-01-21 18:32:29 UTC
Shaotuk wrote:


If a Mach is your end goal, get a Maelstrom. It does good damage projection at range, has a decent tank, and shares the same skills as a Mach.

It's also cheap to fit.


I support this --^ it won't be the fastest car off the line but getting to know your play style will be immensely helpful.

Where's the promised loot drops for Rogue Drones?    --DeMichael Crimson

Inkarr Hashur
Skyline Federation
#9 - 2013-01-21 18:35:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Inkarr Hashur
Navy Domi since you're talking about a budget. DPS and projection is comparable to pirate battleships. Sentries because sentries. Cheaper than a Tengu.

edit: Just saw that Mach is your goal. Suit yourself I guess.
Cage Man
Comms Black
Pandemic Horde
#10 - 2013-01-21 18:44:46 UTC
Just about any BS or Tengu will do. Just depends on where your skills are at. Active tank Rattlesnake with 3 drone damage mods, 2 omni's and some drone links in the highs with T2 sentries also works very nicely and will probably come in cheaper than a properly fit Tengu. Domi's are nice but I prefer to omnitank as I am lazy :). maelstrom is also nice, only time I prefer a T1 BS to its T2 , although a fleet tempest is not strictly speaking the T2 of a maelstrom. In most cases BS is always going to complete missions faster than a Tengu, depends on the ratio of BS.

So I would go something in this order Rattlesnake > maelstrom > Domi( Navy is better) > Tengu > CNR
Best is to jump on to the test server and see which ship you prefer. Drone boats need a little more attention than the others, but no need for ammo and the DPS they can now put out makes them pretty good.
Rengerel en Distel
#11 - 2013-01-21 18:53:44 UTC
Rattlesnake is always a good ship, though no where as fast as others. It can tank any mission easily, while with cruise and sentries, you do most of the damage before they get near you. You can omni-tank and field enough different drones/missiles to do missions against any opponent without refitting as well.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Theo Samaritan
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-01-21 20:23:35 UTC
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Navy Domi since you're talking about a budget. DPS and projection is comparable to pirate battleships. Sentries because sentries. Cheaper than a Tengu.

edit: Just saw that Mach is your goal. Suit yourself I guess.


Is a Domi comparable? Ultimately I'll be aiming for the best runner period.

Thanks everyone, by the way.
Inkarr Hashur
Skyline Federation
#13 - 2013-01-21 21:02:45 UTC
Theo Samaritan wrote:
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Navy Domi since you're talking about a budget. DPS and projection is comparable to pirate battleships. Sentries because sentries. Cheaper than a Tengu.

edit: Just saw that Mach is your goal. Suit yourself I guess.


Is a Domi comparable? Ultimately I'll be aiming for the best runner period.

Thanks everyone, by the way.

Domi has a damage bonus to both hybrid weapons and drones. Its definitely comparable.
Cage Man
Comms Black
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2013-01-21 21:03:23 UTC
Theo Samaritan wrote:
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Navy Domi since you're talking about a budget. DPS and projection is comparable to pirate battleships. Sentries because sentries. Cheaper than a Tengu.

edit: Just saw that Mach is your goal. Suit yourself I guess.


Is a Domi comparable? Ultimately I'll be aiming for the best runner period.

Thanks everyone, by the way.


I have flown domi's navy and T1, rattlesnake and all but the vindi, and I can say it doesn't compare, pure EFT maybe, but in game not. The rattlesnake can fit 4 x DDA without compromising tank.. domi needs the lows for its tank, I have seen shield fits, but you then loose some mids you would need for tracking\prop\etc mods.
In the end its what you prefer tbh..
Theo Samaritan
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-01-21 21:10:44 UTC
Cage Man wrote:
Theo Samaritan wrote:
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Navy Domi since you're talking about a budget. DPS and projection is comparable to pirate battleships. Sentries because sentries. Cheaper than a Tengu.

edit: Just saw that Mach is your goal. Suit yourself I guess.


Is a Domi comparable? Ultimately I'll be aiming for the best runner period.

Thanks everyone, by the way.


I have flown domi's navy and T1, rattlesnake and all but the vindi, and I can say it doesn't compare, pure EFT maybe, but in game not. The rattlesnake can fit 4 x DDA without compromising tank.. domi needs the lows for its tank, I have seen shield fits, but you then loose some mids you would need for tracking\prop\etc mods.
In the end its what you prefer tbh..


Might give this a go then. MJD sniping you think?
Nashuar Attor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-01-21 22:17:48 UTC
Shaotuk wrote:

If a Mach is your end goal, get a Maelstrom. It does good damage projection at range, has a decent tank, and shares the same skills as a Mach.

It's also cheap to fit.



What this man said. The mael is a great mission ship. I used one for ages then moved to the Mach. Was like moving into a bigger faster Maelstrom.

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

Theo Samaritan
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-01-21 22:24:31 UTC
Nashuar Attor wrote:
Shaotuk wrote:

If a Mach is your end goal, get a Maelstrom. It does good damage projection at range, has a decent tank, and shares the same skills as a Mach.

It's also cheap to fit.



What this man said. The mael is a great mission ship. I used one for ages then moved to the Mach. Was like moving into a bigger faster Maelstrom.


Alright then.. May I ask for a fitting suggestion please?
Cage Man
Comms Black
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2013-01-21 23:34:50 UTC
Theo Samaritan wrote:
Cage Man wrote:
Theo Samaritan wrote:
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Navy Domi since you're talking about a budget. DPS and projection is comparable to pirate battleships. Sentries because sentries. Cheaper than a Tengu.

edit: Just saw that Mach is your goal. Suit yourself I guess.


Is a Domi comparable? Ultimately I'll be aiming for the best runner period.

Thanks everyone, by the way.


I have flown domi's navy and T1, rattlesnake and all but the vindi, and I can say it doesn't compare, pure EFT maybe, but in game not. The rattlesnake can fit 4 x DDA without compromising tank.. domi needs the lows for its tank, I have seen shield fits, but you then loose some mids you would need for tracking\prop\etc mods.
In the end its what you prefer tbh..


Might give this a go then. MJD sniping you think?


I don't, means you need to pay more attention, and I am a lazy mission runner Blink Just use sentry's till they get to close then switch to lights for the small stuff. Suggets you grab everyones thoughts and jump on the test server.
Theo Samaritan
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-01-21 23:57:04 UTC
Cage Man wrote:
I don't, means you need to pay more attention, and I am a lazy mission runner Blink Just use sentry's till they get to close then switch to lights for the small stuff. Suggets you grab everyones thoughts and jump on the test server.


Alright. Thankyou! =)
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#20 - 2013-01-22 07:28:06 UTC
Corax.

Just do it. Just to see if you can. It's fun.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

12Next page