These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

High-sec POS research issue

Author
Versuvius Marii
Browncoats of Persephone
#1 - 2013-01-10 22:35:45 UTC
My Google-fu appears to have failed me on this, and I see no other threads around to hijack so here goes.

Executor corp in the alliance has a POS up. My corp has set up shop in the same system as this POS. The plan is to use the POS for ME/PE research. I say plan, because right now it's not working.

I have a separate role set up called R&D. This grantable role has Factory Manager and Rent Research Slot. A hangar division has been set aside for R&D, with Query status only(the plan being a CEO or director has to return the BPO to its owner, preventing someone from cancelling all jobs and stealing the blueprints for themselves) for the grantable role-holder. I have not added Accounting as the alliance is not charging for research slots(yet).

The BPO's are being placed into the R&D Division of the corp hangar(within the same system as the POS and at least lvl 1 of Scientific Networking trained), and then ME is attempted. The alliance labs are found, empty slot picked. The input/output changes from R&D to No Choices.

This is not happening for CEO or Directors so I can only assume that I am doing something wrong. I find this amusing as I've never had this problem in the past, so can anybody help out please?

The Gaming MoD - retro to modern, console to MMO, I blog about it if it's a game and I'm interested in it. Yes, I play games other than Eve and I don't care if you think I'm wrong.

Toku Jiang
Jiang Laboratories and Discovery
#2 - 2013-01-10 22:47:36 UTC
You need to set the labs for use by corp members.
Versuvius Marii
Browncoats of Persephone
#3 - 2013-01-10 22:50:53 UTC
Toku Jiang wrote:
You need to set the labs for use by corp members.

I'll double check with the corp that owns the POS. As stated above it's not my corp's POS, but another within the alliance so I can't set it, but I can certainly speak to someone else that can. Thanks Smile

The Gaming MoD - retro to modern, console to MMO, I blog about it if it's a game and I'm interested in it. Yes, I play games other than Eve and I don't care if you think I'm wrong.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#4 - 2013-01-10 23:07:35 UTC
You didn't make any mention of assigning members a wallet.
Versuvius Marii
Browncoats of Persephone
#5 - 2013-01-10 23:18:25 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
You didn't make any mention of assigning members a wallet.

I did mention, where Accounting hasn't been added as the alliance isn't charging for R&D usage. I did try this however and it still came up with nothing :(

The Gaming MoD - retro to modern, console to MMO, I blog about it if it's a game and I'm interested in it. Yes, I play games other than Eve and I don't care if you think I'm wrong.

Vex Thee
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-01-11 01:35:26 UTC
You can't use another corps POS for research or manufacturing.
Anachronic
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-01-11 02:59:22 UTC
Vex has it right...you aren't able to use alliance labs for Research/Manufacturing because the output is trying to go to a corp hangar that isn't your own (ie the lab only has a hangar for the corp it was launched for)
Versuvius Marii
Browncoats of Persephone
#8 - 2013-01-11 09:50:45 UTC
Anachronic wrote:
Vex has it right...you aren't able to use alliance labs for Research/Manufacturing because the output is trying to go to a corp hangar that isn't your own (ie the lab only has a hangar for the corp it was launched for)

I'm not trying to manufacture, I'm only trying to do ME/PE jobs. Which as every Tom, **** and Harry knows is perfectly possible with a high-sec POS within your own alliance. I've done this before, and unless something's happened in the last 2 years I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

The Gaming MoD - retro to modern, console to MMO, I blog about it if it's a game and I'm interested in it. Yes, I play games other than Eve and I don't care if you think I'm wrong.

Kestrix
Gallente Federation Private Members Club.
Mortis Primus
#9 - 2013-01-11 10:10:14 UTC
Get your own POS.
Rutger Janssen
Chanuur
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2013-01-11 10:40:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Rutger Janssen
You're in luck. I helped out an alliance member the other day with the same issue. You're not gonna like the answer.

You need to give the person take access to 1 hangar at Other location.

Bug reported submitted: It can be reproduced but not on the headline branch. The next big Retribution patch will fix it.
Eric Raeder
No Fee Too High
#11 - 2013-01-12 07:32:46 UTC
You don't need physical access to POS labs to do PE/ME research jobs unless the blueprint requires physical items like reports or something to do research. I belonged to a corp for years and used labs owned by a different corp in our alliance for research, and though I am no longer a member, they still do this. You DO need physical access to do any science job that requires or produces any item but the BPO, which means all copy and invention jobs and PE/ME jobs that require data sheets and the like.

Unfortunately I was never responsible for assigning roles in that corp so I am not sure what is going wrong for you. There are a lot of obscure roles in corp management and its rarely clear what any of them do. I think the labs themselves have to be set to allow alliance member access, not just corp.
Rutger Janssen
Chanuur
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2013-01-12 11:23:42 UTC
Eric Raeder wrote:
You don't need physical access to POS labs to do PE/ME research jobs unless the blueprint requires physical items like reports or something to do research. I belonged to a corp for years and used labs owned by a different corp in our alliance for research, and though I am no longer a member, they still do this. You DO need physical access to do any science job that requires or produces any item but the BPO, which means all copy and invention jobs and PE/ME jobs that require data sheets and the like.

Unfortunately I was never responsible for assigning roles in that corp so I am not sure what is going wrong for you. There are a lot of obscure roles in corp management and its rarely clear what any of them do. I think the labs themselves have to be set to allow alliance member access, not just corp.


Read my post and you know what is going wrong. In theory you don't need to be able to access the pos and this is true in the current case. In theory you don't need take roles for "other" locations either, but this part is bugged. You need atleast take access to 1 hangar at "other" at the moment. Why? Because it's bugged.
Versuvius Marii
Browncoats of Persephone
#13 - 2013-01-12 13:36:27 UTC
Rutger Janssen wrote:
You're in luck. I helped out an alliance member the other day with the same issue. You're not gonna like the answer.

You need to give the person take access to 1 hangar at Other location.

Bug reported submitted: It can be reproduced but not on the headline branch. The next big Retribution patch will fix it.

Confirming this post was the correct answer; I set Hangar(other) to Take. It then worked like a charm. Many thanks for that :)

The Gaming MoD - retro to modern, console to MMO, I blog about it if it's a game and I'm interested in it. Yes, I play games other than Eve and I don't care if you think I'm wrong.