These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Auto-Fire Feature?

Author
Xiolin Furlough
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-01-06 21:15:19 UTC
Sorry if I am beating a dead horse in any ways. Didn't really see anything about this in my quick (and I do mean quick) look over of the board.

There really isn't much I can say to describe this idea, as it is a fairly simple concept. Basically what I was looking for as a feature is an auto-fire ability. How it would basically work is if you have multiple targets locked, such as a pirate, enemy, or asteroid, your modules would be able to automatically fire on the next locked target, once the one you were firing on is destroyed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said, nothing much to describe, and came over the idea while mining, and getting a tad frustrated when I keep having to hit the module to activate it, while trying to manage other stuff.

Comments, feedback, etc is all appreciated. Also, a lock is also welcome if this idea was suggested before, locked, denied, accepted, etc. in the past.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2013-01-06 22:19:20 UTC
Yeah, see, if you're going to play the game, you should have to actually play the game. Want to AFK rat, get a droneboat.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-01-06 23:24:49 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Yeah, see, if you're going to play the game, you should have to actually play the game. Want to AFK rat, get a droneboat.

^this, and so long as your drone skills arent ****** adn you actually have propoer drones, you can even still afk-mission 2 and 3's with droneboats (not 4's though, but thank god for that, AFK-ing those things was a plague).
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-01-06 23:46:59 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Yeah, see, if you're going to play the game, you should have to actually play the game. Want to AFK rat, get a droneboat.

^this, and so long as your drone skills arent ****** adn you actually have propoer drones, you can even still afk-mission 2 and 3's with droneboats (not 4's though, but thank god for that, AFK-ing those things was a plague).


You do realize neither of these allows you to afk, right? Just save some clicks.

There's that limit on how many targets you can lock with each hull, you know... You have to lock new rats as old ones pop. No afk for you.Roll

+1 for op
Crimeo Khamsi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-01-06 23:57:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Crimeo Khamsi
Danika Princip wrote:
Yeah, see, if you're going to play the game, you should have to actually play the game. Want to AFK rat, get a droneboat.

"Hit F5 when the little box goes away" is a pretty ****** game.

If that's what you think is fun, then you're about 40+ years behind the computer gaming curve, because pong (1972) was a hell of a lot more strategic and entertaining than firing on locked targets in Eve.

I support the OP: getting rid of tedious button clicking that never required any intelligence in the first place is not going to break anything. it will not act as a win button (getting that lock and holding it without dying is the real game), and it will make the game more enjoyable for those who desire it.
Sigras
Conglomo
#6 - 2013-01-07 00:50:24 UTC
This would kill any RR gang . . .
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-01-07 04:49:36 UTC
sabre906 wrote:
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Yeah, see, if you're going to play the game, you should have to actually play the game. Want to AFK rat, get a droneboat.

^this, and so long as your drone skills arent ****** adn you actually have propoer drones, you can even still afk-mission 2 and 3's with droneboats (not 4's though, but thank god for that, AFK-ing those things was a plague).


You do realize neither of these allows you to afk, right? Just save some clicks.

There's that limit on how many targets you can lock with each hull, you know... You have to lock new rats as old ones pop. No afk for you.Roll

+1 for op

Get full room agro, set drones to agressive. No more locking required.
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-01-07 05:16:29 UTC
Astroniomix wrote:
sabre906 wrote:
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Yeah, see, if you're going to play the game, you should have to actually play the game. Want to AFK rat, get a droneboat.

^this, and so long as your drone skills arent ****** adn you actually have propoer drones, you can even still afk-mission 2 and 3's with droneboats (not 4's though, but thank god for that, AFK-ing those things was a plague).


You do realize neither of these allows you to afk, right? Just save some clicks.

There's that limit on how many targets you can lock with each hull, you know... You have to lock new rats as old ones pop. No afk for you.Roll

+1 for op

Get full room agro, set drones to agressive. No more locking required.


Then drones go pop. And what does this have to do with guns?
Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#9 - 2013-01-07 07:02:34 UTC
sabre906 wrote:
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Yeah, see, if you're going to play the game, you should have to actually play the game. Want to AFK rat, get a droneboat.

^this, and so long as your drone skills arent ****** adn you actually have propoer drones, you can even still afk-mission 2 and 3's with droneboats (not 4's though, but thank god for that, AFK-ing those things was a plague).


You do realize neither of these allows you to afk, right? Just save some clicks.

There's that limit on how many targets you can lock with each hull, you know... You have to lock new rats as old ones pop. No afk for you.Roll

+1 for op

Auto Targeter
Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#10 - 2013-01-07 09:04:07 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:

Auto Targeter




mix with auto fire on reloads, 1 tengu and its hello afk pve. Tengu is droneless pve, no drones to lose afk.

worried about webbers, DS medium sb's. I ran one once on a cap stable build. Literally can sit still and tank for days not moving even one m/s in the level 4's I tried it. Eventually saw it was way overtanked and went more downscale on the tank. Plus the msb went up in price after I got it...nice little bonus lol.




Doddy
Excidium.
#11 - 2013-01-07 09:58:34 UTC
Xiolin Furlough wrote:
Sorry if I am beating a dead horse in any ways. Didn't really see anything about this in my quick (and I do mean quick) look over of the board.

There really isn't much I can say to describe this idea, as it is a fairly simple concept. Basically what I was looking for as a feature is an auto-fire ability. How it would basically work is if you have multiple targets locked, such as a pirate, enemy, or asteroid, your modules would be able to automatically fire on the next locked target, once the one you were firing on is destroyed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said, nothing much to describe, and came over the idea while mining, and getting a tad frustrated when I keep having to hit the module to activate it, while trying to manage other stuff.

Comments, feedback, etc is all appreciated. Also, a lock is also welcome if this idea was suggested before, locked, denied, accepted, etc. in the past.


What "other stuff" can you not manage while having to fire on/mine next target. I mean the vast majority of time clicking mine/fire is the only interaction eve actually has and you want to automate it? What? And you do realise people may not want to fire on the next target they have locked right?
Xiolin Furlough
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-01-07 10:10:45 UTC
Doddy wrote:
Xiolin Furlough wrote:
Sorry if I am beating a dead horse in any ways. Didn't really see anything about this in my quick (and I do mean quick) look over of the board.

There really isn't much I can say to describe this idea, as it is a fairly simple concept. Basically what I was looking for as a feature is an auto-fire ability. How it would basically work is if you have multiple targets locked, such as a pirate, enemy, or asteroid, your modules would be able to automatically fire on the next locked target, once the one you were firing on is destroyed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said, nothing much to describe, and came over the idea while mining, and getting a tad frustrated when I keep having to hit the module to activate it, while trying to manage other stuff.

Comments, feedback, etc is all appreciated. Also, a lock is also welcome if this idea was suggested before, locked, denied, accepted, etc. in the past.


What "other stuff" can you not manage while having to fire on/mine next target. I mean the vast majority of time clicking mine/fire is the only interaction eve actually has and you want to automate it? What? And you do realise people may not want to fire on the next target they have locked right?


Looking at eve forum, messing with skills etc, since mining can be a slight bore. I mean I understand that it is the only real thing to do, but make it an option at least. Where you can switch it on or off. That way, people that want it can have it, and people that don't want it...don't have it.

This is just an idea after all *shrugs*
Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#13 - 2013-01-07 12:22:58 UTC
Zan Shiro wrote:
Hakan MacTrew wrote:

Auto Targeter




mix with auto fire on reloads, 1 tengu and its hello afk pve. Tengu is droneless pve, no drones to lose afk.

worried about webbers, DS medium sb's. I ran one once on a cap stable build. Literally can sit still and tank for days not moving even one m/s in the level 4's I tried it. Eventually saw it was way overtanked and went more downscale on the tank. Plus the msb went up in price after I got it...nice little bonus lol.

Just got for something like a cap stable Armageddon or Navy Apoc. No ammo requirements...