These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Racial ECM Skill Books? What Are They

Author
Passin Through
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-12-12 02:54:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Passin Through
I must have missed the announcement.
Which are these new books?
Aria Ta'Rohk
ParabeIIum
#2 - 2012-12-12 04:51:45 UTC
They are skill books that increase the sensor strength of your ship by 4% per level. So if you fly Minmatar you will want to pick up Gravimetric sensor compensation (I think that's the name). It's pretty simple stuff. Not mandatory, but can be helpful.

I'll take 2 carebears to go, with extra tears

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#3 - 2012-12-12 13:24:48 UTC
Aria Ta'Rohk wrote:
They are skill books that increase the sensor strength of your ship by 4% per level. So if you fly Minmatar you will want to pick up Gravimetric sensor compensation (I think that's the name). It's pretty simple stuff. Not mandatory, but can be helpful.


Gravimetric is the Caldari sensor.

Magnetometric is Gallente

Radar is Amarr

Ladar is Minmatar

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

GreenSeed
#4 - 2012-12-12 17:52:30 UTC
new SP sink for oldies. :D

not that it takes a lot of sp to max.
Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-12-12 22:18:30 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
new SP sink for oldies. :D

not that it takes a lot of sp to max.


takes 3mil sp to max.
that's a metric sh*t ton for skills that only counter 1 module.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#6 - 2012-12-13 15:19:39 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
new SP sink for oldies. :D

not that it takes a lot of sp to max.


takes 3mil sp to max.
that's a metric sh*t ton for skills that only counter 1 module.


Technically, about 40 modules (5 flavours of ECM multiplied by meta 0-4, T2, Mordus Faction, Dread Guristas Faction, and there is an Estamel Multispec IIRC)

Don't train the skills if you don't think they're worth hit.


PS sensor strength has another very useful application.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#7 - 2012-12-13 18:26:07 UTC
You missed ECM drones too.
Niamh Aideron
Men of Mayhem Inc.
Stockholm Syndrome.
#8 - 2012-12-13 20:43:49 UTC
Extract from the Retribution patch notes:

Quote:
Radar Sensor Compensation, Gravimetric Sensor Compensation, Magnetometric Sensor Compensation and Ladar Sensor Compensation skills have been added to the market for 180000 ISK each

These increase their specific sensor strength by 4% per level
All rank 2
Electronics Level IV prerequisite
Primary attribute is intelligence, with memory as secondary


Will these be added to the skill certificates for EWAR ?

There have also been a number of changes to ship specifications for EWAR that you need to allow for.

Niamh
Kirkwood Ross
Golden Profession
#9 - 2012-12-16 17:27:45 UTC
These skills also make your ship harder to be probed out.
Inkarr Hashur
Skyline Federation
#10 - 2012-12-16 17:37:16 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
new SP sink for oldies. :D

not that it takes a lot of sp to max.


takes 3mil sp to max.
that's a metric sh*t ton for skills that only counter 1 module.


Technically, about 40 modules (5 flavours of ECM multiplied by meta 0-4, T2, Mordus Faction, Dread Guristas Faction, and there is an Estamel Multispec IIRC)

Don't train the skills if you don't think they're worth hit.


PS sensor strength has another very useful application.


Maybe those specific T3 booster setups can be made 100% unprobable now with the new sensor skills?
Shaemell Buttleson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-12-16 19:35:59 UTC
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
new SP sink for oldies. :D

not that it takes a lot of sp to max.


takes 3mil sp to max.
that's a metric sh*t ton for skills that only counter 1 module.


Technically, about 40 modules (5 flavours of ECM multiplied by meta 0-4, T2, Mordus Faction, Dread Guristas Faction, and there is an Estamel Multispec IIRC)

Don't train the skills if you don't think they're worth hit.


PS sensor strength has another very useful application.


Maybe those specific T3 booster setups can be made 100% unprobable now with the new sensor skills?


I thought they had made it so that no matter how you kitted out your ship and what implants you used there was a point you could get to but no further to make them unprobable.


Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#12 - 2012-12-18 19:58:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Bugsy VanHalen
Shaemell Buttleson wrote:
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
new SP sink for oldies. :D

not that it takes a lot of sp to max.


takes 3mil sp to max.
that's a metric sh*t ton for skills that only counter 1 module.


Technically, about 40 modules (5 flavours of ECM multiplied by meta 0-4, T2, Mordus Faction, Dread Guristas Faction, and there is an Estamel Multispec IIRC)

Don't train the skills if you don't think they're worth hit.


PS sensor strength has another very useful application.


Maybe those specific T3 booster setups can be made 100% unprobable now with the new sensor skills?


I thought they had made it so that no matter how you kitted out your ship and what implants you used there was a point you could get to but no further to make them unprobable.



Yes, there was. but sensor strength factors into that. Now that you can boost sensor strength by up to 20%(4% x 5 levels) unprobable may again be possible.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#13 - 2012-12-18 20:09:46 UTC
Bugsy VanHalen wrote:
Shaemell Buttleson wrote:
I thought they had made it so that no matter how you kitted out your ship and what implants you used there was a point you could get to but no further to make them unprobable.



Yes, there was. but sensor strength factors into that. Now that you can boost sensor strength by up to 20%(4% x 5 levels) unprobable may again be possible.


Hmm. I'm pretty sure they hard-capped the ratio to keep everything probable. This was determined by the fact that ships stopped getting harder to probe after a certain point (fairly sure the conclusion was that a max-skilled full virtue set pilot could probe anything with equal difficulty with either sisters or normal probes). In which case more ships will be able to hit the probing limit, but it still won't push anything over into the old territory of actually unprobable.
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2012-12-19 02:19:07 UTC
injected... thanks for the mention, I would've missed it otherwise.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#15 - 2012-12-25 20:35:12 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Bugsy VanHalen wrote:
Shaemell Buttleson wrote:
I thought they had made it so that no matter how you kitted out your ship and what implants you used there was a point you could get to but no further to make them unprobable.



Yes, there was. but sensor strength factors into that. Now that you can boost sensor strength by up to 20%(4% x 5 levels) unprobable may again be possible.


Hmm. I'm pretty sure they hard-capped the ratio to keep everything probable. This was determined by the fact that ships stopped getting harder to probe after a certain point (fairly sure the conclusion was that a max-skilled full virtue set pilot could probe anything with equal difficulty with either sisters or normal probes). In which case more ships will be able to hit the probing limit, but it still won't push anything over into the old territory of actually unprobable.


You won't be able to take yourself past the hard capped limit , but you might be able to get away with employing one less module to reach it

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#16 - 2012-12-27 00:18:45 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
You won't be able to take yourself past the hard capped limit , but you might be able to get away with employing one less module to reach it



this basically. I kept my unprobable tengu fit after nerf (for gurista jam resistance and well if you really want my mission can drops....work for it and buy some virtues lol). Well that and the talons basically stuck in my head so may as well use them for something.

My basic hard to find tengu:
HG talons full set
Gravi ECCM II
Gravi Sensor backup array II
Dissolution Sub at skill level 5



The new skill at least for gravimetric on a tengu could theoretically have me pull at least my backup array. I'd have to scare up eft at some point but skill level 5 and the backup array should not be a very large amount of difference when it breaks down to the actual math. Also my setup tbh was done for when furies had sig radius penalty in place. I went big on the strength boost to mask the ship when using furies.

With that penalty gone I am overkilling it most likely now. But this setup going on 2 years now...long before all these changes hit.
Marr Aridia
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-12-27 07:09:02 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
injected... thanks for the mention, I would've missed it otherwise.


Yeah I totally missed this part of the release. Didn't know they had racially broken down the ECM. Interesting..

Decisions, decisions.
I'm for sale! /// 48.7MSP /// PvP Subcapital Monster /// [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=187034][ Buy Now! ][/url]
Eofina
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-12-27 16:18:52 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
new SP sink for oldies. :D

not that it takes a lot of sp to max.


takes 3mil sp to max.
that's a metric sh*t ton for skills that only counter 1 module.


Yes, more so when you fly all races. Yet still worth at least getting to 4. Me, I plan on doing all to 5, after getting all to 4.

ECM Drones are a pain in my ass, so every little bit helps.
Aphrodite Skripalle
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-12-30 17:05:36 UTC
Will this skill make my cargo freight harder to scan ?