These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Damage Control needs to be passive, now more than ever.

First post
Author
Emu Meo
Doomheim
#121 - 2012-12-06 21:38:22 UTC
Vandango Audene wrote:
If you can not take the effort to push a simple key then you lazy as hell.


Yes the DCU is kind of annoying when you are trying to "Safe Logoff" but personally if you are THAT PARANOID you have to safe log off then you can wait 60 seconds so your **** can stay in 1 piece then being blown up

to clarify btw

When you safe log off this will happen

  1. A 30 Second Timer will show up, your ship will not move during this time.
  2. Once this timer reaches 0 , your client will disconnect.
  3. Your ship will THEN INITIATE EMERGENCY WARP (If anything was stopping you from warping you would not be able to safe log off)
  4. After your ship EXITS EMERGENCY WARP it will disappear immediately


When you log off normally

  1. Your Client disconnects Regardless what is happening in the game world ( Modules, PVP Timers , Warp scramblers)
  2. Your Ship will attempt to initiate emergency warp if anything stops it , it wont do anything for 15 minutes (Because somthings prolly warp scraming you.)
  3. After your ship exits emergency warp it will SIT IN SPACE FOR 30 SECONDS 1 MILLION KM FROM WHERE YOU LOGGED OFF IN A RANDOM DIRECTION, ANYTHING DURING THE 30 SECONDS MEANS YOU CAN BE PROBED THEN KILLED , ROBBED , RAPED and PILLAGED
  4. After 30 seconds have passed and someone hasnt probed you down And Attacked you your ship disspears from space =)


if you really cant be bothered to push your DCU Every time you jump a gate, then your prolly to lazy to cloak your ship every time you jump a gate in a viator with 2 billion isk worth of ****



Another idiot who thinks they are really clever and not lazy because they can press buttons. ^^ Try reading the thread again and maybe you will understand what people are actually saying. Then again, you probably wont. ;)
Emu Meo
Doomheim
#122 - 2012-12-06 21:41:23 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Hannott Thanos wrote:
It's about as properly active as a passive module that draines 1 cap every 30 seconds is properly passive, lol.
Since those two are each other's opposites, nope.

Emu Meo wrote:
Are you just trying to troll now or what?
Nope. Why would I be?

Quote:
Adding a noticeable amount of cap use to the DC and giving it a small cycle time should make you happy if and alleviate the problems of AFKing and not being able to nuet it off you were complaining about above?
You're confusing me with someone else. I haven't complained about AFKing or about not being able to neut it off, so I have no idea what you're on about.

I just see no reason why it should be made passive, much less a reason that outweighs the problems with such a change. At the same time, I see no reason why it should be nerfed — it's not like it's horribly overpowered in its current state or causing any real issues.


The reason it should be changed to one or the other is to improve gameplay. The reasons it would improve gameplay come quite obviously to the mind of anyone who thinks it through a little. But then again I also agree that it is not a glaring change that needs to be fixed immediately, or any time soon in fact. But I agree with the OP's notion that it would benefit from a change in the future if CCP get that chance.
Lubomir Penev
Prey Drive
#123 - 2012-12-06 21:42:45 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
People don't see the problem with DC being an active module? Really?


Off course not, how could you neut it off if it wasn't the case?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#124 - 2012-12-06 21:43:20 UTC
Emu Meo wrote:
The reason it should be changed to one or the other is to improve gameplay.
In what way?

Quote:
But I agree with the OP's notion that it would benefit from a change in the future if CCP get that chance.
How so? Why does it need either a buff or a nerf? What's wrong with its current state?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#125 - 2012-12-06 21:43:22 UTC
I don't know why people are complaining about it not being neutable. I've had my DC turn off before because I was being neuted.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Doddy
Excidium.
#126 - 2012-12-06 21:46:10 UTC
tbh most important thing about dc being active is it stops cloaked ships using it.
Emu Meo
Doomheim
#127 - 2012-12-06 21:46:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Emu Meo
Tippia wrote:
Emu Meo wrote:
The reason it should be changed to one or the other is to improve gameplay.
In what way?

Quote:
But I agree with the OP's notion that it would benefit from a change in the future if CCP get that chance.
How so? Why does it need either a buff or a nerf? What's wrong with its current state?


The reasons are obvious if you think them through. If you are having difficulty then re read this thread as I and some of the other posters have explained the reasons there.

I do not mean this in a rude way, but just don't feel like typing out all the reasons again.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#128 - 2012-12-06 21:46:52 UTC
Doddy wrote:
tbh most important thing about dc being active is it stops cloaked ships using it.

Cloaked ships wouldn't be taking damage anyway?

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#129 - 2012-12-06 21:47:51 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Doddy wrote:
tbh most important thing about dc being active is it stops cloaked ships using it.

Cloaked ships wouldn't be taking damage anyway?

Bombs and smartbombs would disagree with you.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#130 - 2012-12-06 21:51:08 UTC
Emu Meo wrote:
The reasons are obvious if you think them through.
Ok, so what are they?
What's wrong with its current state?
How would changing it improve gameplay?
Doddy
Excidium.
#131 - 2012-12-06 21:55:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Doddy
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Doddy wrote:
tbh most important thing about dc being active is it stops cloaked ships using it.

Cloaked ships wouldn't be taking damage anyway?


Somone should tell all those cov ops that get bombed in bubbles the should petition then ......

Bombs (and smartbombs to an extent) are a handy counter to cloaked scouts
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#132 - 2012-12-06 22:00:07 UTC
Hull tanking part of this game could do with some massive iteration. It would a lot more diversity in fitting and combat situations.
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
SCRUBS.
#133 - 2012-12-06 22:03:59 UTC
Vandango Audene wrote:
If you can not take the effort to push a simple key then you lazy as hell.


Yes the DCU is kind of annoying when you are trying to "Safe Logoff" but personally if you are THAT PARANOID you have to safe log off then you can wait 60 seconds so your **** can stay in 1 piece then being blown up

to clarify btw

When you safe log off this will happen

  1. A 30 Second Timer will show up, your ship will not move during this time.
  2. Once this timer reaches 0 , your client will disconnect.
  3. Your ship will THEN INITIATE EMERGENCY WARP (If anything was stopping you from warping you would not be able to safe log off)
  4. After your ship EXITS EMERGENCY WARP it will disappear immediately


When you log off normally

  1. Your Client disconnects Regardless what is happening in the game world ( Modules, PVP Timers , Warp scramblers)
  2. Your Ship will attempt to initiate emergency warp if anything stops it , it wont do anything for 15 minutes (Because somthings prolly warp scraming you.)
  3. After your ship exits emergency warp it will SIT IN SPACE FOR 30 SECONDS 1 MILLION KM FROM WHERE YOU LOGGED OFF IN A RANDOM DIRECTION, ANYTHING DURING THE 30 SECONDS MEANS YOU CAN BE PROBED THEN KILLED , ROBBED , RAPED and PILLAGED
  4. After 30 seconds have passed and someone hasnt probed you down And Attacked you your ship disspears from space =)


if you really cant be bothered to push your DCU Every time you jump a gate, then your prolly to lazy to cloak your ship every time you jump a gate in a viator with 2 billion isk worth of ****


Except you are wrong. When the timer hits zero the client even tells you your ship has been removed from space. Obviously you have not used this feature.

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

     _myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
SCRUBS.
#134 - 2012-12-06 22:08:40 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Emu Meo wrote:
The reasons are obvious if you think them through.
Ok, so what are they?
What's wrong with its current state?
How would changing it improve gameplay?

For one, you don't have to push a button every time you sneeze.

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

     _myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#135 - 2012-12-06 22:12:23 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
For one, you don't have to push a button every time you sneeze.
…a problem that doesn't exist to begin with.
Doddy
Excidium.
#136 - 2012-12-06 22:13:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Doddy
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Vandango Audene wrote:
If you can not take the effort to push a simple key then you lazy as hell.


Yes the DCU is kind of annoying when you are trying to "Safe Logoff" but personally if you are THAT PARANOID you have to safe log off then you can wait 60 seconds so your **** can stay in 1 piece then being blown up

to clarify btw

When you safe log off this will happen

  1. A 30 Second Timer will show up, your ship will not move during this time.
  2. Once this timer reaches 0 , your client will disconnect.
  3. Your ship will THEN INITIATE EMERGENCY WARP (If anything was stopping you from warping you would not be able to safe log off)
  4. After your ship EXITS EMERGENCY WARP it will disappear immediately


When you log off normally

  1. Your Client disconnects Regardless what is happening in the game world ( Modules, PVP Timers , Warp scramblers)
  2. Your Ship will attempt to initiate emergency warp if anything stops it , it wont do anything for 15 minutes (Because somthings prolly warp scraming you.)
  3. After your ship exits emergency warp it will SIT IN SPACE FOR 30 SECONDS 1 MILLION KM FROM WHERE YOU LOGGED OFF IN A RANDOM DIRECTION, ANYTHING DURING THE 30 SECONDS MEANS YOU CAN BE PROBED THEN KILLED , ROBBED , RAPED and PILLAGED
  4. After 30 seconds have passed and someone hasnt probed you down And Attacked you your ship disspears from space =)


if you really cant be bothered to push your DCU Every time you jump a gate, then your prolly to lazy to cloak your ship every time you jump a gate in a viator with 2 billion isk worth of ****


Except you are wrong. When the timer hits zero the client even tells you your ship has been removed from space. Obviously you have not used this feature.


While you are right it makes fundamentally no difference (as nothing can effect you in the ewarp anyway), you are sitting still/inactive for 30 secs then logging out with a confirmation instead of logging out with no confirmation and having your ship sit 30 secs in a safe.

The safe logoff will only save you if you have a (not exactly hidden) timer you somehow missed (as it won't allow the safe log off) or some practically impossible scenario of cov ops with probes on grid where you log off timing his scan for your ship landing in safe and then probing, entering warp, warping, leaving warp, locking ship in 30 secs (is it even possible? answers on a post card). If it is possible he would do the same with you doing the safe log-off and definately get a tackle but i gues syou could fight back.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#137 - 2012-12-06 22:14:12 UTC
The Jove race lineup could focus on different aspects of hull tanking and ways to bypass shields and armor to inflict straight hull damage with scripted guns. They would not have great staying power on the battlefield, but would be more focused on hit and run warfare...

***dragged away by CCP devs***
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#138 - 2012-12-06 22:19:26 UTC
In favor of passive DC only because of OP pointing out it being active is an oversight from CCP.

The First Commandment of game development should be "Fix all of the old buggy stuff before adding any new buggy stuff."

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Spectre Wraith
Darwin Inc.
#139 - 2012-12-06 22:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Spectre Wraith
Afk haulers who wish to use blockade runners complaining they can't use DCU while inactive ITT.

Dear lord, please help me deal with the insufferable....

MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#140 - 2012-12-06 22:28:06 UTC
Boils down to: Having to turn it on is a tiny cost compared to the bonuses it gives, especially for gallente ships

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."