These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Bounty Hunting loophole?

Author
Devon Sidious
Neutral Munitions Unlimited
#1 - 2012-12-04 01:44:33 UTC
Back in the day (and perhaps now), if you had a bounty, all you did was change your ship and have a friend kill the ship. Then they share the bounty (sometimes).

Under the new system, will this still happen?
Mikeh24
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-12-04 01:47:35 UTC
2/10
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-12-04 02:10:37 UTC
I concur with the short guy

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Boom Boom Longtime
EVE Corporation 6908469858
Heroes and Villains.
#4 - 2012-12-04 02:14:07 UTC
me too Big smile

Concord Approved Trader

Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
#5 - 2012-12-04 02:22:56 UTC
The bounty pay is now a percentage based off of what you are flying at the time. From my understanding, this makes it so that at best you come out even if you try to exploit the system.

Oh wait did I provide an intelligent answer that was helpful instead of jerking myself off in front of everyone? D:
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-12-04 02:58:33 UTC
Seraph IX Basarab wrote:
The bounty pay is now a percentage based off of what you are flying at the time. From my understanding, this makes it so that at best you come out even if you try to exploit the system.

Oh wait did I provide an intelligent answer that was helpful instead of jerking myself off in front of everyone? D:


Yes and I want my monies back Evil

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Boom Boom Longtime
EVE Corporation 6908469858
Heroes and Villains.
#7 - 2012-12-04 03:03:01 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Seraph IX Basarab wrote:
The bounty pay is now a percentage based off of what you are flying at the time. From my understanding, this makes it so that at best you come out even if you try to exploit the system.

Oh wait did I provide an intelligent answer that was helpful instead of jerking myself off in front of everyone? D:


Yes and I want my monies back Evil

Me too Evil

Concord Approved Trader

Lascivit Mercator
#8 - 2012-12-04 03:21:44 UTC
so if someone put a 1b isk bounty on you, could you lose unfit insured battleships and come out ahead?

I like to multiply with sheep

Boom Boom Longtime
EVE Corporation 6908469858
Heroes and Villains.
#9 - 2012-12-04 03:31:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Boom Boom Longtime
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?

Concord Approved Trader

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-12-04 03:53:15 UTC
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Thermopylae pass... that is the most romantasized battle ever.

It's true there were 300 Spartans... but there were also about 50,000 greeks P

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Boom Boom Longtime
EVE Corporation 6908469858
Heroes and Villains.
#11 - 2012-12-04 04:21:13 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Thermopylae pass... that is the most romantasized battle ever.

It's true there were 300 Spartans... but there were also about 50,000 greeks P

i do also have memories that linger of past glories and battles fought in a bye gone era, My re-incarnation as a gamer in the modern era is a far cry from the days i raped, pillaged and ransacked as a barbarian Sad

Concord Approved Trader

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-12-04 04:25:12 UTC
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Thermopylae pass... that is the most romantasized battle ever.

It's true there were 300 Spartans... but there were also about 50,000 greeks P

i do also have memories that linger of past glories and battles fought in a bye gone era, My re-incarnation as a gamer in the modern era is a far cry from the days i raped, pillaged and ransacked as a barbarian Sad


Maybe we met on some ancient battlefield then had a marathon love making session that lasted a fortnight

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Boom Boom Longtime
EVE Corporation 6908469858
Heroes and Villains.
#13 - 2012-12-04 04:31:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Boom Boom Longtime
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Thermopylae pass... that is the most romantasized battle ever.

It's true there were 300 Spartans... but there were also about 50,000 greeks P

i do also have memories that linger of past glories and battles fought in a bye gone era, My re-incarnation as a gamer in the modern era is a far cry from the days i raped, pillaged and ransacked as a barbarian Sad


Maybe we met on some ancient battlefield then had a marathon love making session that lasted a fortnight

ancient scriptures un-earthed do indeed document witness accounts of the magnitude and the duration of these mating rituals that took place ShockedCool

Concord Approved Trader

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-12-04 05:09:00 UTC
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Thermopylae pass... that is the most romantasized battle ever.

It's true there were 300 Spartans... but there were also about 50,000 greeks P

i do also have memories that linger of past glories and battles fought in a bye gone era, My re-incarnation as a gamer in the modern era is a far cry from the days i raped, pillaged and ransacked as a barbarian Sad


Maybe we met on some ancient battlefield then had a marathon love making session that lasted a fortnight

ancient scriptures un-earthed do indeed document witness accounts of the magnitude and the duration of these mating rituals that took place ShockedCool


The actual witnesses were silenced and were delicious though

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Boom Boom Longtime
EVE Corporation 6908469858
Heroes and Villains.
#15 - 2012-12-04 05:18:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Boom Boom Longtime
reflecting back on a past life - when the toga itched and the sandles rubbed when on the march, then when in the middle of un-fertile pastures very far from Rome i had no qualms negating asking what meat was in the stew as long as it was hot, cooked and filled the belly

Concord Approved Trader

Xylorn Hasher
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-12-04 08:05:34 UTC
Devon Sidious wrote:
Back in the day (and perhaps now), if you had a bounty, all you did was change your ship and have a friend kill the ship. Then they share the bounty (sometimes).

Under the new system, will this still happen?


New bounty system will pay only 20% of total ship (POD) lost value from Bounty pool. So if you get killed in 100m ISK worth ship, killer will be paid 20m ISK from your Bounty pool, that means killing yourself with alt to claim bounties is no longer profitable.

However, CCP did not give any info how much % of bounty will be payed when you are killed by fleet. I see 2 options here:

a) 20% of ship (POD) value from Bounty pool is payed to the fleet and its split equally to them ( Example 4 man fleet, every member is
payed 5% only in that case )
b) 20% of ship (POD) value from Bounty pool is payed to every member of the fleet ( Each member will get 20% ) - this option is
exploitable ( 5 alts will claim 100% ship loss value, 6 alts will claim 120% ship value ). But i dont think CCP is so stupid to be
hornest.

All my posts are made shortly after Marihuana consumption.

Nanatoa
#17 - 2012-12-04 10:48:51 UTC
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Nope. They delayed the Persians just a few days in a campaign which last almost two years, that's all.

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Doddy
Excidium.
#18 - 2012-12-04 12:17:15 UTC
Lascivit Mercator wrote:
so if someone put a 1b isk bounty on you, could you lose unfit insured battleships and come out ahead?


Nope, only 20% is paid out, so you would be losing isk each time. To get the 1 bil back you would need to lose 5 bil worth of bs.

You know what patch notes and dev blogs are right?
Doddy
Excidium.
#19 - 2012-12-04 12:23:48 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Thermopylae pass... that is the most romantasized battle ever.

It's true there were 300 Spartans... but there were also about 50,000 greeks P


Interested as to where you get that figure, never seen an estimate over 12k. Still the defeat at thermopylaehas rather obscured the far more important victories at marathon, platea and slamis, kinda weird. Everyone loves a loser i guess.
Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-12-04 13:09:00 UTC
Devon Sidious wrote:
Back in the day (and perhaps now), if you had a bounty, all you did was change your ship and have a friend kill the ship. Then they share the bounty (sometimes).


Back in the day (actually a few hours ago) only pods paid out the bounty Roll
12Next page