These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Please seed Faction Items on the test server

Author
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#1 - 2012-11-16 13:27:32 UTC
As we all know, sell orders for all T1 und T2 items are seeded on the test server market at 100 ISK per unit. But faction and deadspace items are not seeded, not even ammo. This makes testing actual ship fittings difficult. Even the sell orders by players are quickly bought up when a new mirror is made, so it is actually impossible to obtain such items on the test server.

Surely this is a legacy issue because faction items couldn't be traded on the market until some while ago, only via contracts. But now that all items are listed on the market, should it not be very easy to just add everything to the process that generates the sell orders?

.

Matthew97
#2 - 2012-11-16 13:51:41 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
As we all know, sell orders for all T1 und T2 items are seeded on the test server market at 100 ISK per unit. But faction and deadspace items are not seeded, not even ammo. This makes testing actual ship fittings difficult. Even the sell orders by players are quickly bought up when a new mirror is made, so it is actually impossible to obtain such items on the test server.

Surely this is a legacy issue because faction items couldn't be traded on the market until some while ago, only via contracts. But now that all items are listed on the market, should it not be very easy to just add everything to the process that generates the sell orders?



Faction items etc were ALL seeded before, when the market was first updated and a few mirrors after.

They were de-seeded on purpose as noone was really doing any testing at all and was just flying fully officer fitted ships. If CCP needs to test faction stuff then they'll re-seed them as needed.


Terrorfrodo wrote:


This makes testing actual ship fittings difficult.



Remember, Singularity / Buckingham / Duality is NOT your personal live EFT, its here for CCP to test new patches / expansions etc etc
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#3 - 2012-11-16 14:24:23 UTC
It's there for both. Most people will not use a test server unless they see a benefit in it for themselves, so giving players all options is also good for CCP because then more players will use the test server and so there are more unpaid testers.

To be honest I wouldn't use the test server just to help CCP for free, still I have already reported a few bugs (which were subsequently fixed). It's a give and take. I'm there to test my stuff but if I notice something is wrong then I report it.

And I fail to see how testing suffers when some players fit expensive stuff on Buckingham. What difference does it make to CCP whether I use a T2 hardener or a deadspace module?

A main reason to test is if you have an idea which needs a very expensive fitting, so you don't want to spend all that ISK only to find out that your idea doesn't work as well as you thought. If the fit is cheap I can just buy it on TQ and throw it away if it doesn't work...

.

Matthew97
#4 - 2012-11-16 14:32:09 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
It's there for both. Most people will not use a test server unless they see a benefit in it for themselves, so giving players all options is also good for CCP because then more players will use the test server and so there are more unpaid testers.

To be honest I wouldn't use the test server just to help CCP for free, still I have already reported a few bugs (which were subsequently fixed). It's a give and take. I'm there to test my stuff but if I notice something is wrong then I report it.


This is the exact reason that it got unseeded, noone WAS testing anything they were just using it as a live EFT.

Its not here for your to test your fittings end of story, it's here to help CCP fix bugs in upcomming releases, if you don't want to help then they don't really care. They don't have to give us this server at all, in fact they could just push out expansions that have only gone through an internal QA and fix bugs as they are found on TQ, as a company that cares about its users they decided to allow players to help test what they need testing.

Quote:
A main reason to test is if you have an idea which needs a very expensive fitting, so you don't want to spend all that ISK only to find out that your idea doesn't work as well as you thought. If the fit is cheap I can just buy it on TQ and throw it away if it doesn't work...


As stated this isn't your personal EFT, this is part of EvE. If you don't want to pay out for an expensive fitting then don't pay for it, its all part of Eve's risk vs reward.

Quote:
To be honest I wouldn't use the test server just to help CCP for free



Then don't its not like your being forced to.

Quote:
And I fail to see how testing suffers when some players fit expensive stuff on Buckingham. What difference does it make to CCP whether I use a T2 hardener or a deadspace module?


T2 Hardener is bugged and isn't applying resistances correctly, noone is using the T2 hardener and is using fully Officer fitted ships, bug isn't discovered, goes live on TQ, every ship using said T2 hardener is now ****** until next patch, que massive rage posts on forums, people hating and leaving cause EvE is "broken"
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#5 - 2012-11-16 14:38:21 UTC
Well if this is CCP's take on things I'm ok with it, haven't ever read them saying so though.

Your reasoning regarding the faction items is simply wrong, what if the faction modules are bugged? No one could even notice. Sure CCP could seed them then but why would they if they don't know they're bugged because no one could test them?

Also not everyone would only fit officer stuff, if I want to test something I want it to be as realistic as possible, so in most cases I would fit the cheapest fit possible that still gets the job done, like I do on TQ.

.

Matthew97
#6 - 2012-11-16 14:40:28 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Well if this is CCP's take on things I'm ok with it, haven't ever read them saying so though.

Your reasoning regarding the faction items is simply wrong, what if the faction modules are bugged? No one could even notice. Sure CCP could seed them then but why would they if they don't know they're bugged because no one could test them?

Also not everyone would only fit officer stuff, if I want to test something I want it to be as realistic as possible, so in most cases I would fit the cheapest fit possible that still gets the job done, like I do on TQ.


The problem is 95% of people on Bucky are just here for risk free pvp and 95% of them would just fit officer stuff.

The faction stuff gets tested more internally to make up for the fact that its not seeded on the public servers, if its directly affected by anything then it does get seeded for testing purposes.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#7 - 2012-11-17 03:15:30 UTC
Faction ammo wouldn't be bad

Would be even better if Vindicators and Machariels exploded on undock..

You can't test anything without getting Vindiblobbed.. I even had a guy come in to rep his vindi in a thanatos.. ON THE TEST SERVER.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2012-11-17 09:07:05 UTC
Welcome to the way sisi has been for approximately ever. There's literally no good reason not to seed faction / deadpsace stuff. Using it on TQ is more common than you think and it doesn't matter in terms of "fairness for combat" or whatever you're prattling on about since everyone has access to the same high-end stuff. If a bunch of people get on sisi to "play with stuff they can't on TQ" then that's that many more people who will playtest things. A lot of the stuff that needs testing on the test server atm isn't obscure or exotic, it's things like sounds and ships / ship balance-- the more testers take part the better.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#9 - 2012-11-18 16:13:17 UTC
... and remove those cambions if you are at it

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-11-20 20:58:33 UTC
Seed faction ammo and nothing more. I don't need to test my pimp t3 but I do need to test how I perform using the standard ammo. T2 and T1 ammo blows in most circumstances.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#11 - 2012-11-21 00:05:59 UTC
the removal of faction ships and the addition of faction ammo would be a great start.
Demolishar
United Aggression
#12 - 2012-11-21 02:28:31 UTC
How about no.
Solutio Letum
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-11-23 21:18:06 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
Faction ammo wouldn't be bad

Would be even better if Vindicators and Machariels exploded on undock..

You can't test anything without getting Vindiblobbed.. I even had a guy come in to rep his vindi in a thanatos.. ON THE TEST SERVER.


well in the combat system i cant get to test anything (like the new destroyers and logi frigs at all) last time i was able to find a nice little figth 1 Avatar and 2 Aeon Jumped in... and they where just podding every one with smartbombs. and most fights have Dreads in them to so ya.. most pple in test server are there to lose free dreads
Solutio Letum
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-11-23 21:24:24 UTC
Ganthrithor wrote:
Welcome to the way sisi has been for approximately ever. There's literally no good reason not to seed faction / deadpsace stuff. Using it on TQ is more common than you think and it doesn't matter in terms of "fairness for combat" or whatever you're prattling on about since everyone has access to the same high-end stuff. If a bunch of people get on sisi to "play with stuff they can't on TQ" then that's that many more people who will playtest things. A lot of the stuff that needs testing on the test server atm isn't obscure or exotic, it's things like sounds and ships / ship balance-- the more testers take part the better.


the more testers means more different tests, means more chances at finding bugs, and you need to pay for going on test servers so that means, its not "free" testers but testers who pay you
Solutio Letum
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-11-23 21:24:38 UTC
Ganthrithor wrote:
Welcome to the way sisi has been for approximately ever. There's literally no good reason not to seed faction / deadpsace stuff. Using it on TQ is more common than you think and it doesn't matter in terms of "fairness for combat" or whatever you're prattling on about since everyone has access to the same high-end stuff. If a bunch of people get on sisi to "play with stuff they can't on TQ" then that's that many more people who will playtest things. A lot of the stuff that needs testing on the test server atm isn't obscure or exotic, it's things like sounds and ships / ship balance-- the more testers take part the better.


the more testers means more different tests, means more chances at finding bugs, and you need to pay for going on test servers so that means, its not "free" testers but testers who pay you