These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Inferno 1.3 deployment announcement

First post
Author
Ginger Barbarella
#141 - 2012-10-16 13:48:53 UTC
Ammath wrote:
wah wah i don't care about DUST514 wah wah..

Hey we need something EvE related not currently controlled by massive crappy powerblocks.. just sayin


I love how you're trying to be cute but don't realize how right you are. Awesome.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Wapu Kashuken
Serenity Rising LLC
#142 - 2012-10-16 13:49:24 UTC
As much as I cant stand it (personnal opinion) i think it would be in everyones best interest if dust succeeds.

Reason: Sony has dumped a lot of money in CCP, who is now so engrained in dust (and eve integration) that if it fails it will most likely reverberate throughout the company and eve will suffer too.

Just a random though though.
bad man Lee
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#143 - 2012-10-16 13:49:28 UTC
13:45 and no EvE yet. The start up page is still showing as 'not accepting connection'. Any update yet?
Gods Messenger
#144 - 2012-10-16 13:49:29 UTC
Its 13:48

Where's ma game, CCP? WHERE'S MA GAME???
arria Auscent
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#145 - 2012-10-16 13:50:20 UTC
Wapu Kashuken wrote:
As much as I cant stand it (personnal opinion) i think it would be in everyones best interest if dust succeeds.

Reason: Sony has dumped a lot of money in CCP, who is now so engrained in dust (and eve integration) that if it fails it will most likely reverberate throughout the company and eve will suffer too.

Just a random though though.


SONY gave CCP money? i thought it was the other way around
surf vaquero
Ex Lex
#146 - 2012-10-16 13:50:47 UTC  |  Edited by: surf vaquero
WTB update, we got some timers to defend lulz


"14,05" nvm got it... now hurry and fix this.
Wapu Kashuken
Serenity Rising LLC
#147 - 2012-10-16 13:51:12 UTC
arria Auscent wrote:
Wapu Kashuken wrote:
As much as I cant stand it (personnal opinion) i think it would be in everyones best interest if dust succeeds.

Reason: Sony has dumped a lot of money in CCP, who is now so engrained in dust (and eve integration) that if it fails it will most likely reverberate throughout the company and eve will suffer too.

Just a random though though.


SONY gave CCP money? i thought it was the other way around


They both are highly invested in it.
Opner Dresden
H A V O C
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#148 - 2012-10-16 13:51:48 UTC
technics apollo wrote:
Personally i think its a great idea merging PS3 players with a pc platform. But still looks like CCP want to line there pockets with gold, wondering why it has not going on x box aswell DEAL or somin? i dunno but hope they dont forget the hrdcore eve players and there needs before the billions of PS3 hardcore shooters. My refexes are to old to compete with those guys :)


Microsoft has very tight network requirements and a lengthy patching process... Sony has similar restrictions, but most are being waved for CCP and DUST... MS was not willing to make those consessions.
DoMe Now
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#149 - 2012-10-16 13:52:02 UTC
It never hurts to ask
Talihina Skye
2nd Echelon Combat Training Center
RED University
#150 - 2012-10-16 13:52:11 UTC
If i remember rightly, the reason DUST is not available on Xbox is all down to microsoft not CCP. Something to do with not wanting to cross platform their games, which would explain why my BF3 stats are seperate for Xbox and PC
technics apollo
Victory or Whatever
Pen Is Out
#151 - 2012-10-16 13:52:31 UTC
i would imagine there was somedealing under the table if its not x box bound (opinion)
arria Auscent
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#152 - 2012-10-16 13:52:34 UTC
Wapu Kashuken wrote:
arria Auscent wrote:
Wapu Kashuken wrote:
As much as I cant stand it (personnal opinion) i think it would be in everyones best interest if dust succeeds.

Reason: Sony has dumped a lot of money in CCP, who is now so engrained in dust (and eve integration) that if it fails it will most likely reverberate throughout the company and eve will suffer too.

Just a random though though.


SONY gave CCP money? i thought it was the other way around


They both are highly invested in it.



how can SONY be invested in it they are broke
they are on the edge of going under as it is
Lai Loken
mesaltemoi
#153 - 2012-10-16 13:53:02 UTC
14 05 now ......
Citrute
The High and Mighty
Carebear Abortion Clinic
#154 - 2012-10-16 13:53:08 UTC
Panhead4411 wrote:
I hate to say it, but nice "weekly inventory updates until it is fixed" that you don't have in there....


Can i has corp hangar and deliveries buttan please?
William Sedgwick Vyvorant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#155 - 2012-10-16 13:53:28 UTC
technics apollo wrote:
Personally i think its a great idea merging PS3 players with a pc platform. But still looks like CCP want to line there pockets with gold, wondering why it has not going on x box aswell DEAL or somin? i dunno but hope they dont forget the hrdcore eve players and there needs before the billions of PS3 hardcore shooters. My refexes are to old to compete with those guys :)


DUST was to be on Xbox as well but the level of control Microsoft required to allow the interaction was unacceptable, i.e. they wanted complete control/access to all of the EVE info as well as DUST.

As an Xbox owner its a little disappointing as I'd like to have given DUST a go but like others I'm not going to buy a PS3 specifically to do so. That said I'm not past borrowing a friends...
surf vaquero
Ex Lex
#156 - 2012-10-16 13:54:19 UTC
Talihina Skye wrote:
If i remember rightly, the reason DUST is not available on Xbox is all down to microsoft not CCP. Something to do with not wanting to cross platform their games, which would explain why my BF3 stats are seperate for Xbox and PC


Microsoft stated that creating a link between console and pc world, would be impossible to realize, hence they didnt try.
Sony however saw the potential and went for it.

tbh, ps3 > xbox (and no im not a console gamer)
Sarge Bishop
OpSec.
Wrong Hole.
#157 - 2012-10-16 13:54:29 UTC
Gods Messenger wrote:
Its 13:48

Where's ma game, CCP? WHERE'S MA GAME???


Now update time is 1405....CCP needs not to unplug implants...geshUgh
bad man Lee
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#158 - 2012-10-16 13:55:07 UTC
13:55 now the status read as "unknown". What happened? I suppose a bunch of EvE dev are now panicking in Iceland since their game probably freeze up and refused to start.. all because of they want to fix jiggling b00bies...
Nathan Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#159 - 2012-10-16 13:55:09 UTC
Am ok if you get this done today.......
Luke Visteen
#160 - 2012-10-16 13:55:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Luke Visteen
I like extended DT discussions / drama.

.