These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Podding and getting away (With Murder)

Author
Jennifer Nomeiko
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-10-15 06:43:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jennifer Nomeiko
Happened week ago or so, killed while afk pod travel in hisec (0.8) the person got away with the crime: as seen on the killboards, she/he has been very busy with podding players in hisec. The issue: 480ish ships destroyed to her 80ish.

She is apparently pod killing players and getting away before concord can lay the smack down. Have a look and see:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Nardieu+Nardieu&page=1#kills

How is this even possible? I thought getting away would've been impossible.
Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#2 - 2012-10-15 07:33:12 UTC

Don't worry it's costing him a lot for that immunity from concord, buy 2 plex's from CCP and redeem and you can get a week's amnesty as well and go about padding killboard.

All part of the new revamp on bounty/merc system.
Jennifer Nomeiko
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-10-15 08:43:38 UTC
So you get some kind of amnesty? I didn't see this as some "perk" on their page about PLEX.
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#4 - 2012-10-15 09:17:48 UTC
Why do you think PLEX prices jumped so suddenly? It might have been a one-time offer, though. It wouldn't surprise me if they rescinded it after PLEX went bonkers.
Jarvin Xadi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-10-15 09:50:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarvin Xadi
Their pulling your leg, incase you had not already realised.

All deaths by that pilot are due to being scramed and sentry guns killing her, and not concord. I can only assume that the people she is killing have flagged themselves as valid targets in some way, although just based on the info there I can't tell what. I'll poke around a bit and see if I can work out whats happening.

Most likely option seems to be BC is just not picking up the killmails. Unfortunetly don't have any other way of getting access to killmails to check unless you upload them or your api is linked so as to automaticly upload them.


Alright, need someone to do a mechanics check for me. Is it still possible to store a ship in an orca while under a gcc timer currently? If so, that could be how she is dodgeing a concord responce. May be off on the mechanics, but i know that sort of ship storage was possible in lowsec until recently, and may still be currently. Hope Im wrong though and its the former suggestion.

Edit: see below, problem solved. They are loseing ships, the killmails are just not getting pulled.
smokeAjoint
Catch And Release Privateering
#6 - 2012-10-15 10:36:35 UTC
kills from concord don't get posted

** legalize it**

Jennifer Nomeiko
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-10-15 10:50:44 UTC
Jarvin Xadi wrote:
Their pulling your leg, incase you had not already realised.

All deaths by that pilot are due to being scramed and sentry guns killing her, and not concord. I can only assume that the people she is killing have flagged themselves as valid targets in some way, although just based on the info there I can't tell what. I'll poke around a bit and see if I can work out whats happening.

Most likely option seems to be BC is just not picking up the killmails. Unfortunetly don't have any other way of getting access to killmails to check unless you upload them or your api is linked so as to automaticly upload them.


Alright, need someone to do a mechanics check for me. Is it still possible to store a ship in an orca while under a gcc timer currently? If so, that could be how she is dodgeing a concord responce. May be off on the mechanics, but i know that sort of ship storage was possible in lowsec until recently, and may still be currently. Hope Im wrong though and its the former suggestion.

Edit: see below, problem solved. They are loseing ships, the killmails are just not getting pulled.


I had my hunch, but I also didn't want to assume that they were being idiots as well, as I'm not gullible.

So your deaths/losses aren't shown on the Report? I kept watching her kills go up, but her loses for both ships and money never got higher. Automatically assumed she was some how getting away with murder somehow, be it shooting then jumping before concord could react.

Now the question leads to: why. Podding people is one thing; getting nothing out of it (to include even losing ISK) seems illogical.
Jarvin Xadi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-10-15 10:57:30 UTC
Mostly because he/she can. She seems to be purely going after people who afk travel in pods around highsec. Solution is to stop traveling around highsec afk in a pod. Atleast get in a shuttle, or better yet do not go afk in space at all.
Jennifer Nomeiko
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-10-15 11:01:17 UTC
I guess it would be worth it if someone like me had loads of implants and got popped.
Wish I didn't AFK travel to move my fleet of ships across the galaxy. But at least I know someone isn't getting away with it.
CorInaXeraL
The Dresdeneers
#10 - 2012-10-15 14:11:08 UTC
smokeAjoint wrote:
kills from concord don't get posted



This.

However, I'm sure if you go to CONCORD's killboard, it will be listed.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-10-16 16:21:29 UTC
*lol* Murder ...

Oh i wish i'd know if i inspired this young talent to be such a splendid
follower of Darwin. I sure would take pride in that.

Makes me wonder why nobody ever opens up a thread about me,
having him podded... ^_^

I'll send the darwinist the link to this thread. :)
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-10-16 16:24:06 UTC
Jarvin Xadi wrote:
Mostly because he/she can. She seems to be purely going after people who afk travel in pods around highsec. Solution is to stop traveling around highsec afk in a pod. Atleast get in a shuttle, or better yet do not go afk in space at all.

No. There are cheap fittings enabling people to pop shuttle and pod in one go,
at a station or a gate. I must know, i've created one.

The only solution is to either fly something that's not cheaply killable,
or simply - which is better - not autopiloting at all.
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#13 - 2012-10-16 16:53:11 UTC
I have a podding alt and it's fun.

Why do I pod random people?

1 - it's 5 points with a dessy, but I try and do it in a rifter for the 10 point maximum

2 - the tears are ever flow and over flow, especially when you get something juicy

3 - I can do it semi-afk like mining

4 - It costs nothing and I have 2 slots extra per account (everybody should have a podding alt)

5 - Adds content to the game and forums (look at you and your dissertation on "wha wha I got podded today!")

maybe they should buff pods too and make them like battle-cruiser hulls...

no more games... it's real this time!!!

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#14 - 2012-10-16 17:45:59 UTC
Jennifer Nomeiko wrote:
So you get some kind of amnesty? I didn't see this as some "perk" on their page about PLEX.



If you say Gullible really slow...it sounds like Banana.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Nardieu Nardieu
Capsuleer HighSec Involuntary Movement Experience
#15 - 2012-10-17 00:14:22 UTC
Apparently I forgot to file my police bribe because indeed I do lose a thrasher for every capsule kill save the occasional outlaw.

And the best advise I can give you is don't auto pilot a capsule. I keep trying to teach this lesson and continue to find new students.

Jennifer Nomeiko
Perkone
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-10-17 08:24:42 UTC
Nardieu Nardieu wrote:
Apparently I forgot to file my police bribe because indeed I do lose a thrasher for every capsule kill save the occasional outlaw.

And the best advise I can give you is don't auto pilot a capsule. I keep trying to teach this lesson and continue to find new students.


Ah Nardieu, there you are.

I'm not certain the lesson was learned since I continue to fly in a capsule. But I question the judgement behind spending so much money just to pop capsules. Perhaps its just your way of enjoying the game? And to each their own. Now, if there was a way for you to generate revenue by doing so, I can certainly understand.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-10-17 09:48:47 UTC
Jennifer Nomeiko wrote:
Nardieu Nardieu wrote:
Apparently I forgot to file my police bribe because indeed I do lose a thrasher for every capsule kill save the occasional outlaw.

And the best advise I can give you is don't auto pilot a capsule. I keep trying to teach this lesson and continue to find new students.


Ah Nardieu, there you are.

I'm not certain the lesson was learned since I continue to fly in a capsule. But I question the judgement behind spending so much money just to pop capsules. Perhaps its just your way of enjoying the game? And to each their own. Now, if there was a way for you to generate revenue by doing so, I can certainly understand.

The point is, that many people have a misblief of highsec being safe enough to autopilot around in their pods,
with implants worth hundreds of millions of isk in their heads. People like us show them how wrong ... and stupid ...
these people are.

The isk ratio usually is always in our favour, because even most clones cost more than the ship we invest.
Nardieu Nardieu
Capsuleer HighSec Involuntary Movement Experience
#18 - 2012-10-17 13:26:04 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Jennifer Nomeiko wrote:
Nardieu Nardieu wrote:
Apparently I forgot to file my police bribe because indeed I do lose a thrasher for every capsule kill save the occasional outlaw.

And the best advise I can give you is don't auto pilot a capsule. I keep trying to teach this lesson and continue to find new students.


Ah Nardieu, there you are.

I'm not certain the lesson was learned since I continue to fly in a capsule. But I question the judgement behind spending so much money just to pop capsules. Perhaps its just your way of enjoying the game? And to each their own. Now, if there was a way for you to generate revenue by doing so, I can certainly understand.

The point is, that many people have a misblief of highsec being safe enough to autopilot around in their pods,
with implants worth hundreds of millions of isk in their heads. People like us show them how wrong ... and stupid ...
these people are.

The isk ratio usually is always in our favour, because even most clones cost more than the ship we invest.


Average capsule kill exceeds 100 million isk in implants. There are many ways this does generate revenue. It increases the demand for implants. It drives a market for cheap fittings. Above most. It is fun. It's like catch and release fishing where the game warden comes in and shoots you!
eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-10-17 14:26:33 UTC
Jarvin Xadi wrote:
Their pulling your leg, incase you had not already realised.

All deaths by that pilot are due to being scramed and sentry guns killing her, and not concord. I can only assume that the people she is killing have flagged themselves as valid targets in some way, although just based on the info there I can't tell what. I'll poke around a bit and see if I can work out whats happening.

Most likely option seems to be BC is just not picking up the killmails. Unfortunetly don't have any other way of getting access to killmails to check unless you upload them or your api is linked so as to automaticly upload them.


Alright, need someone to do a mechanics check for me. Is it still possible to store a ship in an orca while under a gcc timer currently? If so, that could be how she is dodgeing a concord responce. May be off on the mechanics, but i know that sort of ship storage was possible in lowsec until recently, and may still be currently. Hope Im wrong though and its the former suggestion.

Edit: see below, problem solved. They are loseing ships, the killmails are just not getting pulled.


You're spot on.

You're being trolled, truth is, most killboards do not pick up NPC kills, i.e. killed by NPC Concord.
Nardieu Nardieu
Capsuleer HighSec Involuntary Movement Experience
#20 - 2012-11-20 21:44:04 UTC
eddie valvetino wrote:
Jarvin Xadi wrote:
Their pulling your leg, incase you had not already realised.

All deaths by that pilot are due to being scramed and sentry guns killing her, and not concord. I can only assume that the people she is killing have flagged themselves as valid targets in some way, although just based on the info there I can't tell what. I'll poke around a bit and see if I can work out whats happening.

Most likely option seems to be BC is just not picking up the killmails. Unfortunetly don't have any other way of getting access to killmails to check unless you upload them or your api is linked so as to automaticly upload them.


Alright, need someone to do a mechanics check for me. Is it still possible to store a ship in an orca while under a gcc timer currently? If so, that could be how she is dodgeing a concord responce. May be off on the mechanics, but i know that sort of ship storage was possible in lowsec until recently, and may still be currently. Hope Im wrong though and its the former suggestion.

Edit: see below, problem solved. They are loseing ships, the killmails are just not getting pulled.


You're spot on.

You're being trolled, truth is, most killboards do not pick up NPC kills, i.e. killed by NPC Concord.


most killboards don't pick up NPC kills true and if it was changed, then all the times you died to rats or in an incursion should post as well. typically what happens is indeed the gate guns get you (assuming this is occurring on a gate). Those puppies are mean and will rip apart a thrasher in no more than three volleys. You don't need to be scrammed to feel that pain.

It's more likely the gate guns or the faction police on a pod kill or gank. This is the one thing where the police are very slow to respond. You know, they have to put down their coffee and donuts.
12Next page