These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP - This Is Your Game As It Stands - As I Have Played The Aspects

First post
Author
Taranius De Consolville
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-10-12 10:57:32 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Kehro Urgus wrote:
Taranius De Consolville wrote:
Kehro Urgus wrote:
Missions in a megathron? What?


works very well

http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/7092-Perfected-Megathron-Mission-Ship.html

try it :) very quick


Dominix is better. If you have t2 sentries.


Unfortunately, this is true.

I consider the Megathron to be the best looking ship in the game, and would love to use one.

But for running lvl 4 missions to fund my lo-sec pvp, the Dominix is far better.

This may change now that my super tough, super fast drones will be targetted in missions in the forthcoming the winter expansion.


Aye i find it easier, its hardier and it works much better than a domi tbfh. The fit works well
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#22 - 2012-10-12 10:58:22 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
I consider the Megathron to be the best looking ship in the game, and would love to use one.
No! Machariel is much better-looking. Megathron is for children and trolls.

Who put the goat in there?

Danks
Fat Angry Toe Tappin Inbreds
#23 - 2012-10-12 11:05:35 UTC
Blaster Mega might be kinda fun in missions, make them less boring. Maybe if the OP put in some random profanity people would take him more seriously?
Taranius De Consolville
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-10-12 11:06:46 UTC
Danks wrote:
Blaster Mega might be kinda fun in missions, make them less boring. Maybe if the OP put in some random profanity people would take him more seriously?


Why should i swear? Or be offensive?

I see no reason to
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#25 - 2012-10-12 11:15:23 UTC
I can't say I've done all that, but I'd want to quit too if I'd done it all that badly.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Abannan
Pew Pew Pirates
#26 - 2012-10-12 11:19:50 UTC
Taranius De Consolville wrote:

, a dude goes in a merlin, full faction fit, we send in 4 dessys to take him out, what does he do? Annihilates us with ease, farms his plex and moves on, if u dont have billions, oh dear?


If this is truth, your 4 dessy pilots are the worst in existance and should quit eve, lol
Renton Brax
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-10-12 11:22:50 UTC
Your DOB 2012/06/05. You've been in 6 corps. Eve is a slow game, for instant gratification most people play WoT or CS:GO. Your points miss the mark but this is understandable for someone that hasn't had time to get stuck into anything properly yet.

Also, its not all about isk. Set your own goals.

Also, a married man who plays that much can be considered a hardcore gamer, fair?
nat longshot
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-10-12 11:23:47 UTC  |  Edited by: nat longshot
Taranius De Consolville wrote:
Hi

Before anyone starts trolling and calling me a kid, im a married man i play eve for maybe 3-5 hours a night and 5-6 hours a day on the weekend, i am not a hardcore geek nor do i have no life, so you can drop the insults. I have 4 accounts and i play all aspects of this game. Also before i go ahead, i am dyslexic so the grammar will be, not so good in places.

So CCP, this is how your game stands at the moment.

Null Sec - Mostly empty unless u are within a 5 jump range of alliance hub. I have personally led roams around null sec and low sec and have seen empty system after empty system, why? Because most pvp corps are in empire because it is to easy to hold sov, this needs to change. Null Sec is broken and instead of fixing it, u want to bring fancy new ships out and bugger high sec even more.

Missions - PvPers, don't kid yourself, unless you are hardcore, my level 4's only net me about 50mil a night in bounties and 25mil in loot in my t2 fit mega. You have successful had ccp[ nerfs missions so hard now, that in retrospect it is not worth doing missions for ISK unless you have no life and can sit on this game 24/7.

Mining - What's the point? With a mack at full skills i pull in maybe 5mil worth of minerals per load, so over the course of 5 hours, ive made 25mil in mining, with ships costing hundreds of millions? Whats the damn point.

FW - This is an absolute joke, most FW corps require ten mil sp minimum and the FW *alliance* chat as it were, is just a bunch of people trolling each other because there is no one there to moderate it. The plexes are a joke, frig/dessy plexes, a dude goes in a merlin, full faction fit, we send in 4 dessys to take him out, what does he do? Annihilates us with ease, farms his plex and moves on, if u dont have billions, oh dear?

Low Sec pvp/mining - due to the massive rise in cloaky ships, mining in low sec unless its a VERY quiet area or u have huge protection, low sec ores go to waste, it is simple to easy to die in low sec, i see no reason for low sec. It should be removed and placed under FW null sec.

PVP - lol atm, plain lol, solo pvp? ha, small gang pvp before u get blobbed ten seconds after hitting sov space? haha. No effin point, fw pvp? lol unless u have a decent corp, with a player decline? lol. grief corps? whats the point, costs to much to war dec corps.

bounty system - are i frickin kiddings me? able to make anyone a target at a whim? im gonna laugh as people quit the game in droves because they are not safe anywhere at all. this system, will be the death blow of eve, i really think it will, it will bring more pvpers out of null and low sec, it will make empire a completely pvp based area as sumone annoys u by sitting on a gate? bounty them? sumone mines your roid? bounty them? sumone bumps u on a station? bounty them, well done ccp, well done

So there it is, a players perspective on ur game as he has played, no *false ideas*, i have played ALL aspects of eve, why am i still here? mainly cause my accounts are all paid for another 8 months, but after that? Unless the player base picks up, i will be going. EvE is slowly disintegrating, u need to sort it out.

Taranius

Mission's---50 mil for running level 4's for 2 to 3 hours a night in a t2 fit mega lol and you say you have 4 accounts i run 2 account and duel box my mission 's and can make 100mil with bountys and loot/sal in a hour. so when you save you've done it all i really think you have alot to learn Or your full of sh** and the latter beening the the case. BTW a std. t2 fit mega for mission running if you run two account you could do what i pull well not as much becuase when i enter a misison with my ships at 40k iam droping 2800 dps in targets from my mission ships so you need eather better ship or learn how to mission run.

Bounty System---As for the bounty system I think you need to read more on how it is going to work bounty after the winter patch will not make it open pvp in high all high rules will still apply. Now kill rights on the other hand will be changing how kill rights work and well i can tell you this i will be buying kill rights from players and hunting people after the winter patch that a sure thing.

PVP--- is have allway been and will allway be who bring the most friends to the fight just like the rw. HTFU.

Low sec and 0.0--- i cant speak about there been sometime that i have flown down there but from the crying ya mostly dead unless you have sov. but that 0.0 is it not.

 [13:12:18] CCP Punkturis nat longshot you're a cutie.. OH YAH I WIN!!

Danks
Fat Angry Toe Tappin Inbreds
#29 - 2012-10-12 12:02:27 UTC
Taranius De Consolville wrote:
Danks wrote:
Blaster Mega might be kinda fun in missions, make them less boring. Maybe if the OP put in some random profanity people would take him more seriously?


Why should i swear? Or be offensive?

I see no reason to



Your current tack doesn't seem to be working, maybe try something different?
Josef Djugashvilis
#30 - 2012-10-12 12:06:41 UTC
Shederov Blood wrote:
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
I consider the Megathron to be the best looking ship in the game, and would love to use one.
No! Machariel is much better-looking. Megathron is for children and trolls.


I am sure you called me a child and a troll in a nice way. Thank you.

Worse part is, I cannot even remember being 14.

Something worth remembering must have happened to me in 1969, but it is so long ago....

This is not a signature.

AndromacheDarkstar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-10-12 12:13:54 UTC
"FW - This is an absolute joke, most FW corps require ten mil sp minimum and the FW *alliance* chat as it were, is just a bunch of people trolling each other because there is no one there to moderate it. The plexes are a joke, frig/dessy plexes, a dude goes in a merlin, full faction fit, we send in 4 dessys to take him out, what does he do? Annihilates us with ease, farms his plex and moves on, if u dont have billions, oh dear?"

Im sorry, what? I can only assume you spent minimal time in faction warfare. Although i am interested to know how your survey of every corp recruiting in faction warfare went. Decent people do use the militia chat but for obvious reason they are wary of it.

Faction warfare as it stands is fun rewarding and easily the best way to find PVP if your a decent human being who find a reasonable corp to work with

Jim Hazard
Fury Industry
#32 - 2012-10-12 12:14:18 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Shederov Blood wrote:
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
I consider the Megathron to be the best looking ship in the game, and would love to use one.
No! Machariel is much better-looking. Megathron is for children and trolls.


I am sure you called me a child and a troll in a nice way. Thank you.

Worse part is, I cannot even remember being 14.

Something worth remembering must have happened to me in 1969, but it is so long ago....


to be fair.. with that age you are not too far from needing diapers as well :P
F'elch
Wall Street Trading
#33 - 2012-10-12 12:43:08 UTC
Taranius De Consolville wrote:
Hi

...i am not a hardcore geek nor do i have no life...

...I have 4 accounts...


OK.
Meditril
Minmatar Secret Service
Ushra'Khan
#34 - 2012-10-12 12:48:01 UTC
I haven't read all the post in between but I will try to be constructive with regards to your post. With regards to time I play in EVE it is similar to you, only about 10 hours a week.

  • Null Sec: What exactly do you expect here? 0.0 should be empty. There are even people saying it is too crowded. I love empty 0.0 systems for NPC farming from time to time.

  • Missions: Missions are made for the fun of solving a task. They are not there to give you ISK for nothing. Many people say that level 4 missions have a too high payout. If you want to make real money fast go into a Wormhole or do Faction Warefare missions.

  • Mining: Lazy job you can do AFKisch in high-sec. So payout is low. You want more payout then go to 0.0 or Wormholes.

  • FW: You just need to do it right. Join a corp like TRIAD and you will be happy. I am very happy with FW and my corp and we also accept noobs. Bonus: FW will get even more improved.

  • Cloaked ships show up in local... where is the thread? Just mine in grav sites and you are almost save. At least you will see scanner probes which give you an indication that it is time to hide in a few minutes.

  • Solo PVP... is indeed not easy to find but still there. Especially with regards to FW. Stop whining just search for the right targets.

  • Bounty hunting: Will be fixed with next build.


I hope you got some ideas how to resolve your problems. By the way: You should try out wormholes if quick ISK making is what you are looking for. Alternatively FW plexing or mission running can be also very nice if you do it well... at least until the next patch comes out.

Taranius De Consolville wrote:
Hi

Before anyone starts trolling and calling me a kid, im a married man i play eve for maybe 3-5 hours a night and 5-6 hours a day on the weekend, i am not a hardcore geek nor do i have no life, so you can drop the insults. I have 4 accounts and i play all aspects of this game. Also before i go ahead, i am dyslexic so the grammar will be, not so good in places.

So CCP, this is how your game stands at the moment.

Null Sec - Mostly empty unless u are within a 5 jump range of alliance hub. I have personally led roams around null sec and low sec and have seen empty system after empty system, why? Because most pvp corps are in empire because it is to easy to hold sov, this needs to change. Null Sec is broken and instead of fixing it, u want to bring fancy new ships out and bugger high sec even more.

Missions - PvPers, don't kid yourself, unless you are hardcore, my level 4's only net me about 50mil a night in bounties and 25mil in loot in my t2 fit mega. You have successful had ccp[ nerfs missions so hard now, that in retrospect it is not worth doing missions for ISK unless you have no life and can sit on this game 24/7.

Mining - What's the point? With a mack at full skills i pull in maybe 5mil worth of minerals per load, so over the course of 5 hours, ive made 25mil in mining, with ships costing hundreds of millions? Whats the damn point.

FW - This is an absolute joke, most FW corps require ten mil sp minimum and the FW *alliance* chat as it were, is just a bunch of people trolling each other because there is no one there to moderate it. The plexes are a joke, frig/dessy plexes, a dude goes in a merlin, full faction fit, we send in 4 dessys to take him out, what does he do? Annihilates us with ease, farms his plex and moves on, if u dont have billions, oh dear?

Low Sec pvp/mining - due to the massive rise in cloaky ships, mining in low sec unless its a VERY quiet area or u have huge protection, low sec ores go to waste, it is simple to easy to die in low sec, i see no reason for low sec. It should be removed and placed under FW null sec.

PVP - lol atm, plain lol, solo pvp? ha, small gang pvp before u get blobbed ten seconds after hitting sov space? haha. No effin point, fw pvp? lol unless u have a decent corp, with a player decline? lol. grief corps? whats the point, costs to much to war dec corps.

bounty system - are i frickin kiddings me? able to make anyone a target at a whim? im gonna laugh as people quit the game in droves because they are not safe anywhere at all. this system, will be the death blow of eve, i really think it will, it will bring more pvpers out of null and low sec, it will make empire a completely pvp based area as sumone annoys u by sitting on a gate? bounty them? sumone mines your roid? bounty them? sumone bumps u on a station? bounty them, well done ccp, well done

So there it is, a players perspective on ur game as he has played, no *false ideas*, i have played ALL aspects of eve, why am i still here? mainly cause my accounts are all paid for another 8 months, but after that? Unless the player base picks up, i will be going. EvE is slowly disintegrating, u need to sort it out.

Taranius

Robert De'Arneth
#35 - 2012-10-12 13:02:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert De'Arneth
Well opinions vary in the immortal words of Dalton!! Also, the fact that you would call Tippia a troll shows that you lack common sense. :) As was pointed out, if you have 4 accounts, play 3 hours during week and 5-6 on weekends, you sir a hardcore gamer!! When you hate a game as much as you seem to, it is time to step away.

I enjoy eve, and like several of the fixes coming up. *shrug*

I'm a nerd, you can check my stats!! Skilling Int/Mem at 45 sp per minute is how I mack!     I'm like a lapdog, all bark no bite. 

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#36 - 2012-10-12 13:21:56 UTC
Problem isn't the game, It's how we play it ^^

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Lyskal Oskold
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2012-10-12 13:54:15 UTC
This thread is going places.

Don't hate the player, hate the game... But most of your problems are to do with players... Which means hate the- *explodes*

"Love is just a chemical, no matter the origin. We give it meaning by choice." - Eleanor Lamb

Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#38 - 2012-10-12 13:59:56 UTC
Lyskal Oskold wrote:
This thread is going places.

Don't hate the player, hate the game... But most of your problems are to do with players... Which means hate the- *explodes*
But the game made us this way!
Only Hello Kitty Online can save us now!

Who put the goat in there?

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#39 - 2012-10-12 16:35:41 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Praetoxx
So let's see, boilerplate insults...
Taranius De Consolville wrote:

Before anyone starts trolling and calling me a kid, im a married man i play eve for maybe 3-5 hours a night and 5-6 hours a day on the weekend, i am not a hardcore geek nor do i have no life, so you can drop the insults. I have 4 accounts and i play all aspects of this game. Also before i go ahead, i am dyslexic so the grammar will be, not so good in places.

You play more Eve than I do, and I have no life. You are a hardcore geek, have no life, and are a kid for even trying to wave this in people's face. Also I strongly doubt you have played "all" aspects of Eve.

So, on to your points:

Null Sec is broken and empty. It is, but as people have pointed out, it's also because of there being little incentive to actually make money there as opposed to farming empire space. On top of that, there is no good way for new groups to get involved other than joining a giant pre-existing bloc.

Missions [...] only net me about 50mil a night in bounties and 25mil in loot in my t2 fit mega. Try another ship. Also, missions are pretty well balanced as far as ISK-making goes... at least, compared to the stupid-broken other stuff going on. If you want giant amounts of ISK, go do something else.

Eve PvE is a means to an end, not an end in and of itself, unless your chosen end is boring yourself to tears.

Mining - What's the point? Mining ships typically do not have points.

Eve PvE is a means to an end, not an end in and of itself, unless your chosen end is boring yourself to tears.

FW. As the CEO of a FW corp, I feel I should address this point by point.

  • Most FW corps require ten mil sp minimum. Most bad corps require stuff like that. There are plenty that do not, and I'm curious how you missed them.
  • FW *alliance* chat [...] is just a bunch of people trolling each other. It is a hive of scum and villainy. I'd say "join a real corp" but you seem to be bad at finding one.
  • 4 dessies vs 1 Merlin. Those were the most poorly flown dessies in the history of forever.
  • 'if u dont have billions, oh dear?' I don't see your point. Even properly flown T1 crapships can do a lot (check my corp's KB). I suggest a small dose of STFU+HTFU, and prescribe you some L2P.



Low Sec pvp/mining I suggest a small dose of STFU+HTFU, and prescribe you some L2P. My corp bases out of lowsec, and I don't see any of the problems you describe.

PVP - lol atm, plain lol, solo pvp? ha, small gang pvp before u get blobbed ten seconds after hitting sov space? haha. No effin point, fw pvp? lol unless u have a decent corp, with a player decline? lol. grief corps? whats the point, costs to much to war dec corps.

  • Solo PvP is hard -- turns out that being solo in a multiplayer game puts you at a disadvantage. Who would have thought?
  • FW PvP is there and pretty sweet. Will only get better with Retribution.
  • Grief corps -- you're missing the point of them.
  • You omitted all other kinds of PvP. Good job.


bounty system whine. Read over the devblog again. You can only be "made a target at will" if you got criminal aggression on a particular person, and that person decides to get back at you.

Quote:
So there it is, a players perspective on ur game as he has played, no *false ideas*, i have played ALL aspects of eve, why am i still here? mainly cause my accounts are all paid for another 8 months, but after that? Unless the player base picks up, i will be going. EvE is slowly disintegrating, u need to sort it out.


So here it is: you are a *snip* with an inferiority complex who feels he needs to justify himself to be "grown up", with serious delusions about having experienced all aspects of Eve (having issues with 10m SP limits is a dead giveaway), really bad at English, and just overall made of terrible. I would recommend re-evaluating why you're even playing this game, and if you decide you want to play, use a single account and delve into the content more substantially.

You are also probably a troll.

Try and keep it friendly please!
-ISD Praetoxx

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#40 - 2012-10-12 16:57:06 UTC
Quote:

hey kids, don't call me kid


Was there more in your OP?