These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Blarpy vs rupture advice

Author
Tycho Enderas
NoTaxCorporation121
#1 - 2012-10-06 00:10:46 UTC
First of all relatively big noob here.

I was in a blarpy fitted with:

Core defence field extender I
Anti-EM Screen REinforce I

Damage Control II
MAPC I
MFS II

meta 4 web
meta 4 scram
limited 1mn mwd
medium f-s9 shield

4x light neutron II's (Null)

Get dropped on by a Rupture that immediately neuts the hell out of me. Obviously screwed. With this ship, is there any real defence? I figure I can't fight out of neut range even with null, and even somehow managing to fit a cap booster is not going really save me. Is this just a matchup destined for disaster?
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-10-06 00:22:29 UTC
Pretty much. Once you're capped out you can't really do anything.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#3 - 2012-10-06 00:23:10 UTC
yes it is

and stop putting blasters on caldari
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#4 - 2012-10-06 01:47:08 UTC
Fit rails like the damn thing is supposed to have, then you can kite outside of the range of the medium neut he obviously had, and next time you may have a fighting chance.

Holy crap...that almost sounded half helpful....so unlike me.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Tycho Enderas
NoTaxCorporation121
#5 - 2012-10-06 02:33:31 UTC
Just didn't know rail harpy was used much for pvp.
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#6 - 2012-10-06 11:57:34 UTC
Blarpys are the ******* bomb, railguns are fine but don't stop using blasters just because the guys above say so....

Jesus, you'd think the game had more than 1 option or something Roll

Your issue has already been covered though, that fit neuted is ******. If a rupture is fitted for frigate murder then that fight was always going to be hard at brawling range.
Muad 'dib
The Nine Nine
#7 - 2012-10-06 12:03:46 UTC
(see above) however having a nos will make you last better to keep the Ab and guns on.

Sadly if thats a ruppy with two neuts fitted, you are super screwed either way.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Zarnak Wulf
Amarrian Vengeance
#8 - 2012-10-06 12:17:10 UTC
On a side note the Rupture is having one of those utility highs moved to a mid for the winter expansion. It will nuet less.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#9 - 2012-10-07 00:00:06 UTC
Will neut less, but the remaining neut will almost always be a medium on the frig **** fits.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Tycho Enderas
NoTaxCorporation121
#10 - 2012-10-07 00:04:52 UTC
Well I'm using MWD not AB. So would it make sense then to possibly drop down to ion blasters to fit nos?
Tycho Enderas
NoTaxCorporation121
#11 - 2012-10-07 00:06:13 UTC
Side note.... It does seem rather hard to catch up to enemy frigates with Blarpy or kite them with Rail Harpy when the ship is so damn slow
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#12 - 2012-10-07 07:43:38 UTC
ZarIak Wulf wrote:
On a side note the Rupture is having one of those utility highs moved to a mid for the winter expansion. It will nuet less.


Now that I did not know. Cheers Zarlak.
Tycho Enderas
NoTaxCorporation121
#13 - 2012-10-07 19:45:28 UTC
bump?
Belle Tristesse
Iron Pyrite.
#14 - 2012-10-07 20:33:21 UTC
You could fit a cap booster instead of the web. Puts you at a disadvantage vs frigs tho. Cap booster and medium shield booster is a nice fit...
Dibblerette
Solitude-Industries
#15 - 2012-10-08 04:59:19 UTC
MWD + Blasters is a pretty "All-in" combination, so you need to do a lot more managing of the terms of a fight. As unhelpful as this sounds, you should really try to not let things land on you at zero. Using your D-scanner, you should be able to tell where someone is, and if you're quick, how far roughly away they are. Also, be sure that once you land somewhere, that you MWD a little bit off in some random direction (Up is usually good, despite being a space game, people still usually thing in flat surfaces) which should give you a little room to think and react.

Honestly, if I saw a Rupture on D-scan and was in a frigate, I'd probably just avoid him. Neuts plus decent tracking on double bonused projectiles plus a full flight of lights with a spare? I'll pass, thanks.
Meditril
Minmatar Secret Service
Ushra'Khan
#16 - 2012-10-08 12:31:17 UTC
Dibblerette wrote:
Honestly, if I saw a Rupture on D-scan and was in a frigate, I'd probably just avoid him. Neuts plus decent tracking on double bonused projectiles plus a full flight of lights with a spare? I'll pass, thanks.


Dib is right, if you fly a frigate there are simply ships out there which you should avoid, at least if you are not sure that your enemy is a total noob. Rupture is definatelly one of them, since they have usually two neutralizers on board which is for frigates very bad in close combat. Some holds for many Hurricare Brawling setups.

One strategy you can try is to orbit him at 20 km (even if you are close range). If he engages you then you get at least and idea what weapons he has installed. If you engages you with short range weapons (e.g. Autocannons) than you know he is short range fitted and you can run. If he uses Arty then he might be snipy fitted which means you have good chances for a close range combat.
Gibbo3771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#17 - 2012-10-08 13:43:06 UTC
On your fit.

Ditch the DCU for another magstab, you already have above average EHP so more DPS should be in place. Fit 2 EM rigs.

Regards to the fight, ruptures **** frigs, end of.

Even a frig with a nos, rupture still shreds it as 180's 220's track frigs just fine when webbed and scrammed esp when they have an MWD. I am not one for backing out of fights but Vexor/Rupture is among the very short list of things I just do not engage in my Harpy, however Vaga's/Cynabal's are fair game since the Harpy has enough cap to take 2 med neut volleys so you can still MWD as soon as you see the neut hit you and gtfo, most Vaga pilots in the situation of being scrammed off a frig is to neut and get range so its pretty easy to catch them off guard and escape.

Doddy
Excidium.
#18 - 2012-10-08 16:09:50 UTC
Get close to a rupture in pretty much any frig and your days are numbered tbh.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#19 - 2012-10-08 21:43:10 UTC

Fit a NOS.... 4x ions + nos is typically much better than 4x neutrons and an empty high...

I've solo'd ruptures in a taranis.... with much less dps and tank, and it was all because I fit a NOS....

[Harpy, v2]
Damage Control II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I

Small 'Knave' Energy Drain
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

or

[Harpy, v1]
Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I

Small 'Knave' Energy Drain
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Gibbo3771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#20 - 2012-10-09 12:27:39 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Fit a NOS.... 4x ions + nos is typically much better than 4x neutrons and an empty high...

I've solo'd ruptures in a taranis.... with much less dps and tank, and it was all because I fit a NOS....

[Harpy, v2]
Damage Control II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I

Small 'Knave' Energy Drain
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

or

[Harpy, v1]
Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I

Small 'Knave' Energy Drain
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I



I really dont see the point in fitting the ship so its over all less effective just to open the possibility to engage a ship that frankly, is not that common. The only reason to go with ion with nos on Harpy is to hunt Vagas.