These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Why Goonswarm needs to go

First post
Author
Tiger Would
Doomheim
#61 - 2012-08-24 13:31:42 UTC
Ghazu wrote:


Heh the "drawing in more new players" argument, has been abused by everyone from space barbie wis freaks to dumb high sec rights activists christ just stop.


Truth should be told as often as possible since wickedness runs faster.

Once you think you have it all, you have actually become ignorant towards everything else.

T. Would

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#62 - 2012-08-24 13:32:41 UTC
Tiger Would wrote:
Ghazu wrote:
Heh the "drawing in more new players" argument, has been abused by everyone from space barbie wis freaks to dumb high sec rights activists christ just stop.

Truth should be told as often as possible since wickedness runs faster.

It also makes our blobbing even more horrifying.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#63 - 2012-08-24 13:35:02 UTC
OP is right, these guys DO give EvE Online a bad name.

Osabojo
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#64 - 2012-08-24 13:35:36 UTC
Tiger Would wrote:
Osabojo wrote:

stuff about fox news

Your link to fox news does not help your argument Sir.


Oh, you're just trolling and not genuinely interested in the issue. Carry on, then.
Kryss Darkdust
The Skulls
#65 - 2012-08-24 13:36:37 UTC
Schadenfreud wrote:
All I get out of these posts is a feeling of jealousy. We are a group that has fun at your expense. We are an exclusive club that you can't join that's better than you. I'd imagine for most nerds, it is just like high school all over again.


I got two alts in Goonswarm, One in NC. and 1 in Solar Fleet. Your about as exclusive as a prostitute on pay day.

The reality of Eve is that, if you don't love it like it is today, you should probobly go ahead and unsub. 

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#66 - 2012-08-24 13:36:40 UTC
Schadenfreud wrote:
All I get out of these posts is a feeling of jealousy. We are a group that has fun at your expense. We are an exclusive club that you can't join that's better than you. I'd imagine for most nerds, it is just like high school all over again.

Those blobbers, so exclusive.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

BearJews
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#67 - 2012-08-24 13:37:05 UTC
Goons gonna goon. I would never join that alliance anyway after seeing mitten's great presentation this past year. That guy is as douchey as you can get.

That being said, i like the goons. Nothing like an interstellar boogieman to **** people off
alittlebirdy
All Hail The Liopleurodon
#68 - 2012-08-24 13:39:21 UTC
Borlag Crendraven wrote:
People like Chribba, while obviously extremely well known and liked person in the game, do not create as much buzz than people like Mittens and the goons in general. Speaking from the perspective of a former carebear (up to recently), the Burn Jita incident was one of the most fun events in the last 12 months or so. Going to null and saving Chribba's system once, while fun, didn't make that lasting impression.



Burn jita... boring **** of goons sitting around a HS station not careing as passive tech income = $$$$$$$ to throw ships away with?

Yep. Was alot of fun...

If you think that was fun you are ********.
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#69 - 2012-08-24 13:41:14 UTC
alittlebirdy wrote:
Borlag Crendraven wrote:
People like Chribba, while obviously extremely well known and liked person in the game, do not create as much buzz than people like Mittens and the goons in general. Speaking from the perspective of a former carebear (up to recently), the Burn Jita incident was one of the most fun events in the last 12 months or so. Going to null and saving Chribba's system once, while fun, didn't make that lasting impression.



Burn jita... boring **** of goons sitting around a HS station not careing as passive tech income = $$$$$$$ to throw ships away with?

Yep. Was alot of fun...

If you think that was fun you are ********.


If somebody thought burn jita was fun they are probably a miner. Those guys think anything is fun.
Osabojo
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#70 - 2012-08-24 13:41:59 UTC
YUO GUYS ARNT RELLY HAVIGN FUN
YUO JUST DONT KNOW IT
BUT TRUST ME I KNOW FUN
AND YUO ARENT HAVIGN IT

Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#71 - 2012-08-24 13:43:57 UTC
Osabojo wrote:
YUO GUYS ARNT RELLY HAVIGN FUN
YUO JUST DONT KNOW IT
BUT TRUST ME I KNOW FUN
AND YUO ARENT HAVIGN IT



dolan?
Kryss Darkdust
The Skulls
#72 - 2012-08-24 13:44:42 UTC
Osabojo wrote:
YUO GUYS ARNT RELLY HAVIGN FUN
YUO JUST DONT KNOW IT
BUT TRUST ME I KNOW FUN
AND YUO ARENT HAVIGN IT



I read it five times... I mean, I'm not a poet, but I don't think that ryhmes.... does it?

The reality of Eve is that, if you don't love it like it is today, you should probobly go ahead and unsub. 

Xinivrae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2012-08-24 13:46:38 UTC
Tiger Would wrote:
First you will have to ask yourself, do you like EvE Online?


Who plays a game they don't like?

Quote:
It is not fun for you


Confirming it is possible to trick people into thinking they're having fun. Those silly newbies will NEVER realize that they're secretly miserable! ...this would be the point I would put that devil smile in, but man, I really can't stand that thing.
Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2012-08-24 13:50:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Borlag Crendraven
Diesel47 wrote:
alittlebirdy wrote:
Borlag Crendraven wrote:
People like Chribba, while obviously extremely well known and liked person in the game, do not create as much buzz than people like Mittens and the goons in general. Speaking from the perspective of a former carebear (up to recently), the Burn Jita incident was one of the most fun events in the last 12 months or so. Going to null and saving Chribba's system once, while fun, didn't make that lasting impression.



Burn jita... boring **** of goons sitting around a HS station not careing as passive tech income = $$$$$$$ to throw ships away with?

Yep. Was alot of fun...

If you think that was fun you are ********.


If somebody thought burn jita was fun they are probably a miner. Those guys think anything is fun.


Guess again. I was out there with a week old alt shooting stuff and grabbing the contents of wrecks, and I've never mined for more than 15 minutes or so. The fun came from the whining of people like you two, the tears of people who lost expensive stuff because they were too dumb to realize what was going on.

Simply put, it was a nice change of pace with no shortage of stuff to blow up, ranging from goons to haulers and to people shooting goons. On top of that it was highly lucrative if you had even a slight understanding of how the market works during times like that. Guess we now know who didn't.
Osabojo
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#75 - 2012-08-24 13:50:27 UTC
Xinivrae wrote:

...this would be the point I would put that devil smile in, but man, I really can't stand that thing.


I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't like the pirate one either. They're both pretty much dumb as hell.
Tiger Would
Doomheim
#76 - 2012-08-24 13:52:26 UTC
Xinivrae wrote:


Who plays a game they don't like?



Good question and very "on topic". not kidding.



Once you think you have it all, you have actually become ignorant towards everything else.

T. Would

Peri Simone
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo
#77 - 2012-08-24 13:53:33 UTC
If Goonswarm are a problem, which I don't believe they are, what are you proposing to do about it? Your OP has many words but little content.
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#78 - 2012-08-24 13:55:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Diesel47
Borlag Crendraven wrote:


Guess again. I was out there with a week old alt shooting stuff and grabbing the contents of wrecks, and I've never mined for more than 15 minutes or so. The fun came from the whining of people like you two, the tears of people who lost expensive stuff because they were too dumb to realize what was going on.
.


LOL. I'm so sad at burn jita because they totally ganked me when I was basing out of Amarr.

The whole thing was because mittani was so ass hurt about being banned for a month. Which is silly because he got extremely lucky, Things like that deserve a permaban.
Tiger Would
Doomheim
#79 - 2012-08-24 13:55:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiger Would
Kryss Darkdust wrote:
Again a well formulated argument


So how does this radiate outwards?

Because I was talking about retention but initially also about attracting, hence my previous comment.

Once you think you have it all, you have actually become ignorant towards everything else.

T. Would

Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2012-08-24 13:58:59 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:
I'm so sad at burn jita because they totally ganked me when i was basing out of Amarr.

The whole thing was because mittani was so ass hurt about being banned for a month. Which is silly because he got extremely lucky. Things like that deserve a permaban.


I don't take any stand on why it happened, nor do I care about it to be honest. In my opinion Mittani deserved a ban, much longer than what he got too. He didn't, end of story as far as I'm concerned.

That still doesn't change the actual event, depending on how you approached it , there was lots of fun to be had. Same as all events ranging from stuff like the beforementioned Holy Veldspar fleet to save Chribba, the ice interdiction stuff etc etc. Goons are great at what they do, make content for a large portion of EVE's userbase, there's simply no one else who does it on such a large scale. And again, that doesn't take any stand on whether I like the goons or not, that is completely different thing.