These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Forum PVP

First post
Author
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#21 - 2012-08-08 20:58:31 UTC
Snipe page #5! #win!

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#22 - 2012-08-08 20:59:59 UTC
Misanth wrote:
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Jim Era wrote:
Oh yeah well, I've got Big Words V therefore my posts will be triumphant.

Did you Synonyms to V though, so people that don't understand your extensive vocabulary can be told using words they can relate to or know?


Unfortunately it seems 95% has trained Ignorance V and just simply bypass all Big Words, Synonyms, Logic and Reason-skills.

Actually, Ignorance is untrainable because it is a lack of skill. Just consider it a lack of SP and that they should keep trying.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Luis Graca
#23 - 2012-08-08 21:14:05 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
It's called "Banter". Train it to level V as soon as possible.


ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Misanth wrote:
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Jim Era wrote:
Oh yeah well, I've got Big Words V therefore my posts will be triumphant.

Did you Synonyms to V though, so people that don't understand your extensive vocabulary can be told using words they can relate to or know?


Unfortunately it seems 95% has trained Ignorance V and just simply bypass all Big Words, Synonyms, Logic and Reason-skills.

Actually, Ignorance is untrainable because it is a lack of skill. Just consider it a lack of SP and that they should keep trying.


Nice ISD dude i loved the part where you call him ignorant and unskilled,btw

4. Be respectful of others at all times.

The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting.

6. B Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another. Text of this nature is not beneficial to the community spirit and will not be tolerated. Corporation, faction and alliance members and other players are cautioned to avoid allowing “in character” disputes from becoming "out of character" personal attacks. The game is designed for role-playing and/or portraying a role and it is sometimes easy for tempers to flare when the lines between the virtual world and the real world are crossed. Please keep in-game disputes in the game and off the forum unless it is clearly a mutual, in-character exchange.


or if it's just a troll

5. Ranting is prohibited

A rant is a long-winded, redundant post, often filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.






Wondering how long until it will be editRoll
Pipa Porto
#24 - 2012-08-08 21:14:54 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Misanth wrote:
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Jim Era wrote:
Oh yeah well, I've got Big Words V therefore my posts will be triumphant.

Did you Synonyms to V though, so people that don't understand your extensive vocabulary can be told using words they can relate to or know?


Unfortunately it seems 95% has trained Ignorance V and just simply bypass all Big Words, Synonyms, Logic and Reason-skills.

Actually, Ignorance is untrainable because it is a lack of skill. Just consider it a lack of SP and that they should keep trying.


Look at this, CCP is underestimating the power of their players again. Many players have gotten their hands on the unseeded Ignorance Skillbook and injected it anyway.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

CATPAIN KIRK
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-08-08 21:16:47 UTC
You cnat just train ingorant - its a gift.
Maddie Gunslinger
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-08-08 21:16:53 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqWAmvCf0o

You don't talk about forum PvP.
Nuff said...

What? No...

Pipa Porto
#27 - 2012-08-08 21:17:10 UTC
Luis Graca wrote:


Nice ISD dude i loved the part where you call him ignorant and unskilled,btw


http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wet_blanket

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#28 - 2012-08-08 21:17:25 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Actually, Ignorance is untrainable because it is a lack of skill. Just consider it a lack of SP and that they should keep trying.

I disagree. Willfull ignorance actually requires quite a bit of effort. Just listen to American talk radio (either side of the political spectrum) and you'll hear all manner of people who are really, REALLY good at sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting LALALALALALALALALA.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#29 - 2012-08-08 21:18:28 UTC
Luis Graca wrote:
....

Dude you totally misunderstood what the ISD was saying.

Literally, training Ignorance would be impossible as you can't train lack of training.
Thats what he was saying. He wasn't dissing anyone.
Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#30 - 2012-08-08 21:20:03 UTC
Getting "likes" are the killmails.
Pipa Porto
#31 - 2012-08-08 21:20:04 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Actually, Ignorance is untrainable because it is a lack of skill. Just consider it a lack of SP and that they should keep trying.

I disagree. Willfull ignorance actually requires quite a bit of effort. Just listen to American talk radio (either side of the political spectrum) and you'll hear all manner of people who are really, REALLY good at sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting LALALALALALALALALA.


We even made a song about it.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-08-08 21:22:02 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Jim Era wrote:
Oh yeah well, I've got Big Words V therefore my posts will be triumphant.



This is Eve - bigger equals worse.


Is the word obtuse short enough for everyone, just wondering if there is a letter limit ?
Or is more about the difference between a faucet and a tap ?

Big smile just playing around all Big smile
Luis Graca
#33 - 2012-08-08 21:24:59 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
Luis Graca wrote:
....

Dude you totally misunderstood what the ISD was saying.

Literally, training Ignorance would be impossible as you can't train lack of training.
Thats what he was saying. He wasn't dissing anyone.



He just call him ignorant because of lack of skils, and he rewrite the lack of skill part the part after that can be consider either an encouragement or a troll but since he is a forum moderator he can't simple write this kinda stuff because if he does so can i
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#34 - 2012-08-08 21:26:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
CATPAIN KIRK wrote:
You cnat just train ingorant - its a gift.

*can't
*ignorant
Dammit Kirk, you're a catpain not a writer! Learn to spell or get back to your captain's log!

Edit: Grammar and spelling PVP for easy (and cheap) kills. Smile
Jim Era
#35 - 2012-08-08 21:27:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Jim Era
Luis Graca wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
Luis Graca wrote:
....

Dude you totally misunderstood what the ISD was saying.

Literally, training Ignorance would be impossible as you can't train lack of training.
Thats what he was saying. He wasn't dissing anyone.



He just call him ignorant because of lack of skils, and he rewrite the lack of skill part the part after that can be consider either an encouragement or a troll but since he is a forum moderator he can't simple write this kinda stuff because if he does so can i


Luis has Ignorance V, and Clearly Misses the Point V

soz ISD, I am trying to be a better forum flexer. forgot that word became politically incorrect. :F

Wat™

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#36 - 2012-08-08 21:30:18 UTC
I meant no insult to anyone in here, and if I have offended you in any way, I apologize. None of my comments are aimed at one individual or group, and I am posting in good fun.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Jim Era
#37 - 2012-08-08 21:33:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Jim Era
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
I meant no insult to anyone in here, and if I have offended you in any way, I apologize. None of my comments are aimed at one individual or group, and I am posting in good fun.


Luis is just trolling, he is refusing to see the point

Wat™

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#38 - 2012-08-08 21:33:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Corina Jarr
Luis Graca wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
Luis Graca wrote:
....

Dude you totally misunderstood what the ISD was saying.

Literally, training Ignorance would be impossible as you can't train lack of training.
Thats what he was saying. He wasn't dissing anyone.



He just call him ignorant because of lack of skils, and he rewrite the lack of skill part the part after that can be consider either an encouragement or a troll but since he is a forum moderator he can't simple write this kinda stuff because if he does so can i

Learn to read.

He said nothing of the sort.


EDIT: or tell us that English is not your primary language and you are using a translator... then your misunderstanding would make perfect sense.
CATPAIN KIRK
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-08-08 21:33:35 UTC  |  Edited by: CATPAIN KIRK
Khergit Deserters wrote:
CATPAIN KIRK wrote:
You cnat just train ingorant - its a gift.

*can't
*ignorant
Dammit Kirk, you're a catpain not a writer! Learn to spell or get back to your captain's log!

Edit: Grammar and spelling PVP for easy (and cheap) kills. Smile


It's CATPAINS LOG!


[img]C:\Users\Hilmar\Pictures\idot.bmp[/img]

edit ok - why does this stil not wrok?
EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2012-08-08 21:46:39 UTC
ISD was created as a nerf to goonswarm's unparalleled forum pvp dominance
Previous page123Next page