These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Two more accounts unsubbed.

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#141 - 2012-08-07 09:05:14 UTC
Eugene Kerner wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Mors Sanctitatis wrote:
I think that the data would show that in the long run, older players end up spending much more money over the lifetime of their playing the game than the hordes of new players.

What does CCP's financial structure look like, do they have the ol' Quarterly Report pressure or something like that?
Five words

General Catalyst Partners
Novator Partners
Also, going back a year, you might find this thread that arose out of the post-MT/Incarna débâcle.
Cede Forster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#142 - 2012-08-07 09:18:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Cede Forster
the entire "game is dieing" attitude sounds very much like wow forums, just saying Roll

i think they should make the game harder, percental SP loss for characters when podded and no concord... but hey, i am not really the audience they cater toBlink

you know, actual loss not this "bu-hu my ship got destroyed and my pod too, i got to buy a new clone and its so expensive and it costs isk that i can buy with rl cash if i am too lazy/stupid to get it myself"
Mandos2k
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#143 - 2012-08-07 09:23:55 UTC
Mors Sanctitatis wrote:
When I was a new player, Eve was incredibly lethal. Jump into a .4, get your face blown off.


You must have lived in an interesting imaginary weirdo-world back then. I would have loved to have seen that too!

You know what I did in your super-incredibly-lethal past? I mined Nocxium in a Dominix with Harvesters in Decon. I did sightseeing tours in a Typhoon through low sec. I hunted NPCs in entry null sec systems in a rail Megathron. Please, go ahead. Try any of these moronic things today. Tell me how it went.

EVE has changed. I give you that. But it was certainly not more dangerous back then than it is today. Maybe you want to enlighten me though and tell me what you think made EVE so super safe and cuddly nowadays, cause your OP certainly doesn't do it.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#144 - 2012-08-07 09:27:55 UTC
Mandos2k wrote:
EVE has changed. I give you that. But it was certainly not more dangerous back then than it is today. Maybe you want to enlighten me though and tell me what you think made EVE so super safe and cuddly nowadays, cause your OP certainly doesn't do it.


Familiarity breeds contempt.

And nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#145 - 2012-08-07 09:30:08 UTC
Mandos2k wrote:
EVE has changed. I give you that. But it was certainly not more dangerous back then than it is today. Maybe you want to enlighten me though and tell me what you think made EVE so super safe and cuddly nowadays, cause your OP certainly doesn't do it.
Highsec was a bit more dangerous — slower, less efficient CONCORD, cheaper to attack (in ISK and sec status)… But yes, lowsec isn't all that different other than it might be a bit safer due to lower population.
Irya Boone
The Scope
#146 - 2012-08-07 09:36:21 UTC
and why don't you stay in null sec to pvp why for god sake do you want to attack people in high sec.
you want some lethal actions . go in null or in W-space ..


And euuh i'am ashamed to ask ....

CAN i have your stuff ? OopsOops

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#147 - 2012-08-07 09:37:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike Whiite
To the OP:

Although I understand your point of view.

I think you should take in consideration, that you changed as well.

And with that I do mean both character and the RL person.

Your personal feel of fear in this game has dropped and skill in avoiding danger when you have to has risen.

As a much younger player I can remember my first trip to low sec as being very scary, nothing happened but Adrinaline was pumping through my vains.

First PvP fight I chose to engage myself felt like a freefall from 10.000 feet.

Now I don't scout ahead when traveling to low sec. I know the drills en what should get away from what ever gatecamp there is.

And if I loose a t1 ship I don't think to much about it, and nowa days I get most kicks out flying ships that I consider expensive in to places I consider dangerous.

I understand that ater playing for 8 years there is little you can't aford to loose anymore, nothing you haven't tried and few secrects left to the game.

no simple CCP change is going to change that aside maybe for an entire new endgame mechanic.

But consider that to those not playing for as long as you do, EVE is still considered a dangerous place, maybe a little less dangerous than what is was, I'm not the right person to judge that.

If you're longing for a new challenge, maybe you should freeze these characters and start a new one, whitout any help from the alts you have away rom the people you know, you still know the tricks, but you lack the resources and SP. it just might give back some of the thrills you had in the old days.
00wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwww
Doomheim
#148 - 2012-08-07 09:37:55 UTC
Good riddance scrub lord.
Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#149 - 2012-08-07 09:44:59 UTC
-stupid double post
Cadfael Maelgwyn
Doomheim
#150 - 2012-08-07 09:49:01 UTC
Mike Whiite wrote:
If you're longing for a new challenge, maybe you should freese these characters and start a new one, whitout any help from the alts you have away rom the people you know, you still know the tricks, but you lack the resources and SP. it just might give back some of the thrills you had in the old days.

Just did this myself.

Came back from last playing in 09, lots of fun to be had flying around null in a Rifter.
Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#151 - 2012-08-07 09:51:59 UTC
Jupiter's ****! reading some of the replies in this thread, what a bunch of petty lamers some of you are! .. was going to type more on EVE, but really it isn't even worth it.. I just think " Inferno" and Lol

Mors Sanctitatis see you in Planetside2! Glad to see you adapting and moving onto better things I'm sure many others will do likewise.
Randomize All
Doomheim
#152 - 2012-08-07 09:52:54 UTC
Where 1 hard player quits, 3 soft hearted NeX Store loving, Gold Ammo Wanting, Daddy's Credit Card Holdin', teenagers will soon replace him. And Hilmar's dream gets a step closer to reality.
Pilna Vcelka
Doomheim
#153 - 2012-08-07 09:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Pilna Vcelka
Randomize All wrote:
Where 1 hard player quits, 3 soft hearted NeX Store loving, Gold Ammo Wanting, Daddy's Credit Card Holdin', teenagers will soon replace him. And Hilmar's dream gets a step closer to reality.


Actually, carebears tend to be much older, mature and financially self-sufficient than "hard players". Simply because they dont have the time or desire to waste their lives "living hardcore pvp lives". They dont play to "overcome spectacular challenges" because they have enough of those in real world, they come to the virtual one to relax.

Its the 17y/o bullied fatties who make the best die-hard pvpers in any MMO, simply because they need to vent their frustration of failing at their real lives, all of their hate and desire to hurt other players comes simple from being inferior and hurt human beings.

So, Planetside 2 .. when will all of you bitter hater be gone? Can I help you get there faster?

Edit: BTW, pretty much the same scenario as WoW and GW2. According to "die hard veterans", WoW has been dying for like 6 years now and every new MMO will be the end of WoW. Apparently, reality is on the carebear side.
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#154 - 2012-08-07 10:01:21 UTC
Cede Forster wrote:
the entire "game is dieing" attitude sounds very much like wow forums, just saying Roll

i think they should make the game harder, percental SP loss for characters when podded and no concord... but hey, i am not really the audience they cater toBlink

you know, actual loss not this "bu-hu my ship got destroyed and my pod too, i got to buy a new clone and its so expensive and it costs isk that i can buy with rl cash if i am too lazy/stupid to get it myself"


hard mode is sort of opt-in in the game

fly around in an alpha clone and you'll suddenly find yourself being a lot better at the game :V

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Karim alRashid
Starboard.
#155 - 2012-08-07 10:11:57 UTC
Mors Sanctitatis wrote:
N P C corp...


3 kills, 3 deaths alt Twisted

Pain is weakness leaving the body http://www.youtube.com/user/AlRashidKarim/videos

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#156 - 2012-08-07 10:14:35 UTC
All of OP's examples are of killing noobs or carebears, lol. When he cries of ccp making the game too easy, he means not easy for him.
Taranius De Consolville
Doomheim
#157 - 2012-08-07 10:21:48 UTC
Mors Sanctitatis wrote:
Basicially im qutting because ccp is making it harder to camp 0.4 gates and newbies are getting smarter and im not getting tons of easy kills, also because after the barge patch i wont be able to gank barges non stop

emo rage quit bye o/


Fixed it for you
Lexmana
#158 - 2012-08-07 10:25:23 UTC
Pilna Vcelka wrote:
Randomize All wrote:
Where 1 hard player quits, 3 soft hearted NeX Store loving, Gold Ammo Wanting, Daddy's Credit Card Holdin', teenagers will soon replace him. And Hilmar's dream gets a step closer to reality.


Actually, carebears tend to be much older, mature and financially self-sufficient than "hard players". Simply because they dont have the time or desire to waste their lives "living hardcore pvp lives". They dont play to "overcome spectacular challenges" because they have enough of those in real world, they come to the virtual one to relax.

Its the 17y/o bullied fatties who make the best die-hard pvpers in any MMO, simply because they need to vent their frustration of failing at their real lives, all of their hate and desire to hurt other players comes simple from being inferior and hurt human beings.

So, Planetside 2 .. when will all of you bitter hater be gone? Can I help you get there faster?

Edit: BTW, pretty much the same scenario as WoW and GW2. According to "die hard veterans", WoW has been dying for like 6 years now and every new MMO will be the end of WoW. Apparently, reality is on the carebear side.

I think you are confused. Hard core is not the same as PvP. If I am not mistaken hardcore wow players tend to do PVE raids.

In EVE, it takes time to build an organisation, manage a corp and/or alliance and to claim a pice of space of your own wether k-space or WH. If you are serious about that you need to be a little "hard core" and put a lot of effort into the game. But being part of a corp/alliance doing PvP is not necessary hard core. It is a play-style where you like to fight somewhat intelligent players instead of dumb bots. You can do that with very little playing time. If only you would dare to try.

What is probably more accurate is that PvP players tend to be more engaged in the game they play. It is only natural that you feel more attached to humans than to bots. And that engagement is likely to make you more loyal to the game, stay longer and spend more money.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#159 - 2012-08-07 10:25:36 UTC
Mors Sanctitatis wrote:
Jump into a .4, get your face blown off. Rinse, repeat. Your life span was usually dictated by how long you could hold your cloak at a gate.


Wow... that really sounds like lots of fun, why anyone would want to redesign that awesome concept is hard to understand.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#160 - 2012-08-07 11:44:11 UTC
Pilna Vcelka wrote:
Actually, carebears tend to be much older, mature and financially self-sufficient than "hard players". Simply because they dont have the time or desire to waste their lives "living hardcore pvp lives". They dont play to "overcome spectacular challenges" because they have enough of those in real world, they come to the virtual one to relax.

Its the 17y/o bullied fatties who make the best die-hard pvpers in any MMO, simply because they need to vent their frustration of failing at their real lives, all of their hate and desire to hurt other players comes simple from being inferior and hurt human beings.

Well-written, just the right amount of passive aggression to make it work. An easy 7/10. Would give it a higher score if it wasn't recycled material.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted