These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP - promoting AFK mining and botting with the new barges.

Author
Ginseng Jita
PAN-EVE TRADING COMPANY
#181 - 2012-07-25 18:56:28 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
Ginseng Jita wrote:
I would just like to hear what CCP intends to do with the increased botting and AFK mining these new barges will no doubt create. Also, don't tell me it won't happen because the new EHP for some of barges is increasing to the amounts of cruiser and one will be as good as any BS. Park them in high-sec ice field and walk away for an hour or have your isboxer and G15 keyboard or third party app set for botting - no fear of gank because sitting in a .7 ice field pretty much garuantees 100% safety.


I park a command centers on planets and make hundreds of millions in PI income. They are easier to get into and require less work to achieve than 5 research agents.
5 research agents = around 200M or so very six months
5 planets = around 200M every couple days

some one needs a bit more perspective here. Oh, and that's without POCO's with basic refined products. Roll Where are all the protestors for this topic?.......I don't see any.


Where, is anyone in this thread discussing PI?
Fuujin
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#182 - 2012-07-25 18:57:03 UTC
Dave stark wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
I always loved the look and feel of that little skiff, I'm excited to see the future of null sec mining....everyone in tanked up procurors and skiffs doing ninja ops to help build the next titan :P


nobody tanks mining ships in nullsec because the prevailing mindset there is "if you get in a situation where a tank matters you're dead anyway"


ah but that's not so true in a skiff with it's +2 warp stab bonus (which i think is still there on sisi... infact i should go and check that)



It's not.
Dave stark
#183 - 2012-07-25 18:58:32 UTC
Fuujin wrote:
Dave stark wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
I always loved the look and feel of that little skiff, I'm excited to see the future of null sec mining....everyone in tanked up procurors and skiffs doing ninja ops to help build the next titan :P


nobody tanks mining ships in nullsec because the prevailing mindset there is "if you get in a situation where a tank matters you're dead anyway"


ah but that's not so true in a skiff with it's +2 warp stab bonus (which i think is still there on sisi... infact i should go and check that)



It's not.


yeah, i just checked it. i'm quite sad now :(
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#184 - 2012-07-25 19:00:27 UTC
Dave stark wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
I always loved the look and feel of that little skiff, I'm excited to see the future of null sec mining....everyone in tanked up procurors and skiffs doing ninja ops to help build the next titan :P


nobody tanks mining ships in nullsec because the prevailing mindset there is "if you get in a situation where a tank matters you're dead anyway"


ah but that's not so true in a skiff with it's +2 warp stab bonus (which i think is still there on sisi... infact i should go and check that)

edit: oh no, the bonus has gone :( sad times.



I can still get you with my Prot and his Shadow Serpentis Scram (3pts) Lol

brb

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#185 - 2012-07-25 19:01:40 UTC
Ginseng Jita wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
Ginseng Jita wrote:
I would just like to hear what CCP intends to do with the increased botting and AFK mining these new barges will no doubt create. Also, don't tell me it won't happen because the new EHP for some of barges is increasing to the amounts of cruiser and one will be as good as any BS. Park them in high-sec ice field and walk away for an hour or have your isboxer and G15 keyboard or third party app set for botting - no fear of gank because sitting in a .7 ice field pretty much garuantees 100% safety.


I park a command centers on planets and make hundreds of millions in PI income. They are easier to get into and require less work to achieve than 5 research agents.
5 research agents = around 200M or so very six months
5 planets = around 200M every couple days

some one needs a bit more perspective here. Oh, and that's without POCO's with basic refined products. Roll Where are all the protestors for this topic?.......I don't see any.


Where, is anyone in this thread discussing PI?


It's a passive offline ISK faucet. You are talking about the (potential) increase in AFK mining and botters. I'm telling YOU, that PI makes great ISK, offline and is virtually risk free. If you are so against AFK isk printing machines why no hate for PI?
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#186 - 2012-07-25 19:03:05 UTC
Dave stark wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
I always loved the look and feel of that little skiff, I'm excited to see the future of null sec mining....everyone in tanked up procurors and skiffs doing ninja ops to help build the next titan :P


nobody tanks mining ships in nullsec because the prevailing mindset there is "if you get in a situation where a tank matters you're dead anyway"


ah but that's not so true in a skiff with it's +2 warp stab bonus (which i think is still there on sisi... infact i should go and check that)

edit: oh no, the bonus has gone :( sad times.


Afaik the new barge changes aren't on SiSi yet and of the ones I saw data-mined had the skiff losing the warp core stab bonus.

I'm more referring to being able to tank the battleship rats that might spawn, a current procurer would have no hope of lasting very long.

That and with barges that have a large enough buffer you might actually be able to save them if you have some security detail and logi nearby to counter any small gang that might jump you.

If you get blobbed.....well you're ****** anyway....and now Richard's quote can definitely apply :P

The Drake is a Lie

Caldari Acolyte
Shark Enterprises
#187 - 2012-07-25 19:03:53 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
Ginseng Jita wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
Ginseng Jita wrote:
I would just like to hear what CCP intends to do with the increased botting and AFK mining these new barges will no doubt create. Also, don't tell me it won't happen because the new EHP for some of barges is increasing to the amounts of cruiser and one will be as good as any BS. Park them in high-sec ice field and walk away for an hour or have your isboxer and G15 keyboard or third party app set for botting - no fear of gank because sitting in a .7 ice field pretty much garuantees 100% safety.


I park a command centers on planets and make hundreds of millions in PI income. They are easier to get into and require less work to achieve than 5 research agents.
5 research agents = around 200M or so very six months
5 planets = around 200M every couple days

some one needs a bit more perspective here. Oh, and that's without POCO's with basic refined products. Roll Where are all the protestors for this topic?.......I don't see any.


Where, is anyone in this thread discussing PI?


It's a passive offline ISK faucet. You are talking about the (potential) increase in AFK mining and botters. I'm telling YOU, that PI makes great ISK, offline and is virtually risk free. If you are so against AFK isk printing machines why no hate for PI?


Please don't give them any ideas ShockedP
Suqq Madiq
#188 - 2012-07-25 19:07:24 UTC
Fuujin wrote:


Hi, we use brutixes and tier3 BCs as well, which cost 50-70M depending on fitting. While you CAN scale up with destroyers, the level of coordination required to avoid getting concord on grid prematurely scales precipitously (And once it is, you need a LOT of destroyers since you need to alpha the target).

You guys and your myopic focus on destroyers is humorous, but ultimately counterproductive to serious conversation.


If you're choosing Brutixes and T3 BCs over Catalysts and Thrashers for ganking highsec mining ships you're most certainly doing it wrong and you don't deserve to be rewarded for it. You can spin the profitability of ganking line all day long, but not when you're claiming ganking requires 50-70M ISK hulls when it clearly does not. The coordination required to gank a ship without alerting CONCORD beforehand amounts to your fleet members being able to count to 3 so that terrible argument is busted as well.

Garreth Vlox
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#189 - 2012-07-25 19:14:02 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Dave stark wrote:
oh look; another person who has never mined in their life or is just plain clueless about how mining works.

37km3 ore bay means nothing when asteroids only contain about 5km3 of ore. -.-


Ice Roids have pop quick, do they?

You're right, the Mack's not gonna be particularly AFK when mining Ore in HS (due to the small roids you mentioned), but it's gonna be able to work for like an hour totally hands off when chewing on Ice.


only if you want to die horribly in fire to the first ganking BC that comes along

The LULZ Boat.

Patrakele
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#190 - 2012-07-25 19:16:42 UTC
QQ moar please, we shall water the Sahara desert!
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#191 - 2012-07-25 19:19:11 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Dave stark wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
I always loved the look and feel of that little skiff, I'm excited to see the future of null sec mining....everyone in tanked up procurors and skiffs doing ninja ops to help build the next titan :P


nobody tanks mining ships in nullsec because the prevailing mindset there is "if you get in a situation where a tank matters you're dead anyway"


ah but that's not so true in a skiff with it's +2 warp stab bonus (which i think is still there on sisi... infact i should go and check that)

edit: oh no, the bonus has gone :( sad times.



I can still get you with my Prot and his Shadow Serpentis Scram (3pts) Lol


"it should cost 1bn to kill a hisec miner" - lin-young borovskova, 2012

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Danny Diamonds
Fabricated Reality
#192 - 2012-07-25 19:20:35 UTC
Why is there this notion that suicide ganking should be profitable at all?

Go fight something that can shoot back.
Dave stark
#193 - 2012-07-25 19:20:56 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
Dave stark wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
I always loved the look and feel of that little skiff, I'm excited to see the future of null sec mining....everyone in tanked up procurors and skiffs doing ninja ops to help build the next titan :P


nobody tanks mining ships in nullsec because the prevailing mindset there is "if you get in a situation where a tank matters you're dead anyway"


ah but that's not so true in a skiff with it's +2 warp stab bonus (which i think is still there on sisi... infact i should go and check that)

edit: oh no, the bonus has gone :( sad times.


Afaik the new barge changes aren't on SiSi yet and of the ones I saw data-mined had the skiff losing the warp core stab bonus.

I'm more referring to being able to tank the battleship rats that might spawn, a current procurer would have no hope of lasting very long.

That and with barges that have a large enough buffer you might actually be able to save them if you have some security detail and logi nearby to counter any small gang that might jump you.

If you get blobbed.....well you're ****** anyway....and now Richard's quote can definitely apply :P


they are, they went up on sisi the day after the data mined stuff was posted on the forums, go check it out.
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#194 - 2012-07-25 19:23:21 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
Afaik the new barge changes aren't on SiSi yet and of the ones I saw data-mined had the skiff losing the warp core stab bonus.

I'm more referring to being able to tank the battleship rats that might spawn, a current procurer would have no hope of lasting very long.

That and with barges that have a large enough buffer you might actually be able to save them if you have some security detail and logi nearby to counter any small gang that might jump you.

If you get blobbed.....well you're ****** anyway....and now Richard's quote can definitely apply :P


the skiff can tank rats somewhat and is used in grav anoms for its mercoxit mining bonus, but nobody solo mines in barges

believe it or not, all serious nullsec mining is in fleets

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#195 - 2012-07-25 19:29:52 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
Afaik the new barge changes aren't on SiSi yet and of the ones I saw data-mined had the skiff losing the warp core stab bonus.

I'm more referring to being able to tank the battleship rats that might spawn, a current procurer would have no hope of lasting very long.

That and with barges that have a large enough buffer you might actually be able to save them if you have some security detail and logi nearby to counter any small gang that might jump you.

If you get blobbed.....well you're ****** anyway....and now Richard's quote can definitely apply :P


the skiff can tank rats somewhat and is used in grav anoms for its mercoxit mining bonus, but nobody solo mines in barges

believe it or not, all serious nullsec mining is in fleets


well that's because no one's rushing to "x up" to go strip a belt of veld or any other high sec ore, didn't think I would need to state the obvious here. apples to oranges
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#196 - 2012-07-25 19:30:27 UTC
This is simply CCP ensuring that Industry in EVE Online remains viable for legitimate Industrialists, despite the wishes of certain other 'players'.


If some choose to exploit this for nefarious botting purposes, that is up to CCP to address and focus on eliminating which they do indeed do very well. I've even done my part to blast Mack bots with my alts.

...........as if Gankers never exploited game mechanics (re: Boomerang). (sigh)

YOU ARE JUST AS GUILTY AS THE BOTTERS.

If you see it going on, you have the power to do something about it. Gank them till they quit. If you cannot gank them now from a buffed tank, report them and CCP will deal with it.

Besides, now you folks are complaining because you will have more obviously obvious targets ?

Geez, make up your minds. You give such conflicting worldviews WITHIN your 'worldview' of the game, I'm not sure whether most people here know what's coming or going.

I sure don't see a llot of thought put into the attitude, that much is for sure.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#197 - 2012-07-25 19:30:42 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Dave stark wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
I always loved the look and feel of that little skiff, I'm excited to see the future of null sec mining....everyone in tanked up procurors and skiffs doing ninja ops to help build the next titan :P


nobody tanks mining ships in nullsec because the prevailing mindset there is "if you get in a situation where a tank matters you're dead anyway"


ah but that's not so true in a skiff with it's +2 warp stab bonus (which i think is still there on sisi... infact i should go and check that)

edit: oh no, the bonus has gone :( sad times.



I can still get you with my Prot and his Shadow Serpentis Scram (3pts) Lol


"it should cost 1bn to kill a hisec miner" - lin-young borovskova, 2012



The Mr was talking about a 2 pts skiff in null/low .... Lol

Read again and try again but hey, requires some :effort: Lol

brb

EpicFailTroll
Doomheim
#198 - 2012-07-25 19:35:06 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
And that they should be.


and then it will be mission runners

and then it will be incursion runners

and then it will be dudes hauling their life's worth in a badger

and then it will be gullible dudes with 60b waiting to be scammed



Abloobloo abloobloo why can't we farm Schadenfreude easily anymore
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#199 - 2012-07-25 19:39:16 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
....as if Gankers never exploited game mechanics (re: Boomerang). (sigh)


boomerang was never "a thing" until some guy talked about it on the forums and it got nerfed

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#200 - 2012-07-25 19:39:35 UTC
EpicFailTroll wrote:
Abloobloo abloobloo why can't we farm Schadenfreude easily anymore


"cold, harsh universe" ahahahahahaha not really, welcome to MLP Online

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration