These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Devalued ISHUKONE Shirt? CCP Marketing Malpractice? [UPDATE]

First post
Author
The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#621 - 2012-07-22 12:58:02 UTC  |  Edited by: The Antiquarian
Hello CCP Devs, I hope that you guys rae having a fantastic weekend. Could you guys kindly take a look at the questions that we've asked and provide us with appropriate responses before steam-rolling the changes? We have been waiting for four weeks. All this waiting is getting quite displeasing.
iskflakes
#622 - 2012-07-22 22:56:49 UTC
Waiting for answers

-

Cesti Tissant
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#623 - 2012-07-23 02:31:14 UTC
Bump for justice.
The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#624 - 2012-07-23 15:32:46 UTC
It's been a month.

CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
iskflakes
#625 - 2012-07-23 19:54:03 UTC
Why no updates? What's going on? Will we see something in the next patch?

-

Jonas Xiamon
#626 - 2012-07-24 00:24:15 UTC
Bump for answer.

I usally write one of these and then change it a month later when I reread it and decide it sounds stupid.

The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#627 - 2012-07-24 06:47:03 UTC
It's been a month since this mess-up. CCP devs, could you please kindly take a look at the list of questions we compiled, and provide us with a status update?
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#628 - 2012-07-24 07:00:01 UTC
Why is this getting the attention, CCP have been screwing over collectors for years. All those ships that had collectors value as they were supposedly 'one offs' that than get released in gift bundles or plex offers in the future, ruining any rarity.
Misanth
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
#629 - 2012-07-24 07:35:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Misanth
..so CCP is lying to their customers (again)? "we'll get back to you shortly", then no response..

..so CCP again show a display of dysfunctional internal communication?

In some ways, I'm glad they keep remembering us tho that we shouldn't invest too much time/money in this game, clearly they don't give a **** about us customers (in fact, even treat us bad). This is a good reminder of why I removed the EVE novels from my bookcase, and stopped waring my EVE shirts. Would be embarrassed if my RL friends saw any connection with a company like this. Quite a stark contrast compared to some 5 years+ ago, when I recommended this game (and company) to everyone I thought might be interested.

AFK-cloaking in a system near you.

Alpheias
The Khaleph
#630 - 2012-07-24 08:12:04 UTC
Misanth wrote:
..so CCP is lying to their customers (again)? "we'll get back to you shortly", then no response..

..so CCP again show a display of dysfunctional internal communication?

In some ways, I'm glad they keep remembering us tho that we shouldn't invest too much time/money in this game, clearly they don't give a **** about us customers (in fact, even treat us bad). This is a good reminder of why I removed the EVE novels from my bookcase, and stopped waring my EVE shirts. Would be embarrassed if my RL friends saw any connection with a company like this. Quite a stark contrast compared to some 5 years+ ago, when I recommended this game (and company) to everyone I thought might be interested.


So why don't you just quit? Sounds to me that is exactly what you want to do so you can forget this horrific time of five years and counting where you have invested time and money into EVE. Oh, and the humiliation that you must live with..

Contract me your stuff.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#631 - 2012-07-24 08:45:31 UTC
Still waiting for responses that were promised to us from CCP Devs several weeks ago.
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#632 - 2012-07-24 14:16:34 UTC
Ok so this issue with the Nex shirt will be resolved in the next release. Summer in CCP is when a lot of staff take vacation so finding the right people to finalize this issue takes more time than normal. To make this clear and unambiguous, this post is likely to be long.

History of the Nex shirt


So we had a special PLEX bundle in October 2011 which offered an ‘Ishukone shirt’ as part of the package. Since disclosing how many of these bundles we sell is not company policy, I will simply say it was ‘several hundred players’ who took up this offer. At this stage I will also address that a second offer was released with the Russian Collector’s edition which offered a special jacket. These two cases are different and will be addressed separately later on.

Inferno 1.1

With the Inferno 1.1 release we added multiple new items to the Nex store and the ‘Ishukone shirt’ was added in error. Once again, ‘several hundred players’ bought the shirt which was meant to be an exclusive item. Once it came to our attention that the ‘Ishukone shirt’ was added by accident, we disabled the sale of this item while we decided what to do.

Replacement item

Team Avatar, the team responsible for all Nex store items, decided to create a new item called the ‘Field Marshall Coat’ (please note that this is a brand new item and not currently listed in the Nex store) and would award this to the pilots who should have had the original exclusive ‘Ishukone shirt’. Deciding who should get the shirt was a difficult task as not all shirts remained with the original owner. It was decided that the ‘Field Marshall Coat’ would be awarded as follows:

If I was a player who took up the PLEX offer, or multiple instances of the PLEX offer, and retained the original ‘Ishukone shirt’, I will automatically receive the new ‘Field Marshall Coat’ on all accounts that purchased it or will receive multiple coats if purchased over multiple accounts. Therefore, if I bought 3 x PLEX offer I will receive three ‘Field Marshall Coats’

If I was a player who took up the PLEX offer and sold the ‘Ishukone shirt’ to Player B, Player B will receive the new ‘Field Marshall Coat’

If I was Player B who sold the shirt on again to Player c, Player C will receive the new ‘Field Marshall Coat’

And so on until the shirt is with the player who deserves to own it. The basis of this decision is that, if you sold your ‘Ishukone shirt’, then you cashed out and the player buying it has invested in that exclusivity instead.

Deployment of replacement item

The new ‘Field Marshall Coat’ has had a new item description added from the content team and requires a deployment cycle before it can be issued. The next deployment cycle is Wednesday, August 8 for Inferno 1.2 and the coat will be assigned to the redeeming system of the pilots in question. If you feel you should have got a coat and one was not assigned, you will need to submit a petition for a Game Master to investigate. Once this deployment is complete, we will sell the ‘Ishukone shirt’ in the store as normal. It will cease to be an exclusive item.

Russian Collector’s Edition

There will be no change to the Russian Collector’s Edition jacket as there are currently in excess of 3,000 box copies in circulation. This item was a giveaway with that box and many more will come in to circulation as players pick up that box set. The number of additional jackets sold before we removed them from the Nex store was exceptionally low and there is no logical or easy way to make this item more exclusive. It simply will have more jackets added over time and that is by design.


I sincerely hope that this clears up the matter. Many members of Team Avatar are still on vacation so if there are any questions it may take some time until they get answered
The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#633 - 2012-07-24 16:07:43 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Ok so this issue with the Nex shirt will be resolved in the next release. Summer in CCP is when a lot of staff take vacation so finding the right people to finalize this issue takes more time than normal. To make this clear and unambiguous, this post is likely to be long.

History of the Nex shirt


So we had a special PLEX bundle in October 2011 which offered an ‘Ishukone shirt’ as part of the package. Since disclosing how many of these bundles we sell is not company policy, I will simply say it was ‘several hundred players’ who took up this offer. At this stage I will also address that a second offer was released with the Russian Collector’s edition which offered a special jacket. These two cases are different and will be addressed separately later on.

Inferno 1.1

With the Inferno 1.1 release we added multiple new items to the Nex store and the ‘Ishukone shirt’ was added in error. Once again, ‘several hundred players’ bought the shirt which was meant to be an exclusive item. Once it came to our attention that the ‘Ishukone shirt’ was added by accident, we disabled the sale of this item while we decided what to do.

Replacement item

Team Avatar, the team responsible for all Nex store items, decided to create a new item called the ‘Field Marshall Coat’ (please note that this is a brand new item and not currently listed in the Nex store) and would award this to the pilots who should have had the original exclusive ‘Ishukone shirt’. Deciding who should get the shirt was a difficult task as not all shirts remained with the original owner. It was decided that the ‘Field Marshall Coat’ would be awarded as follows:

If I was a player who took up the PLEX offer, or multiple instances of the PLEX offer, and retained the original ‘Ishukone shirt’, I will automatically receive the new ‘Field Marshall Coat’ on all accounts that purchased it or will receive multiple coats if purchased over multiple accounts. Therefore, if I bought 3 x PLEX offer I will receive three ‘Field Marshall Coats’

If I was a player who took up the PLEX offer and sold the ‘Ishukone shirt’ to Player B, Player B will receive the new ‘Field Marshall Coat’

If I was Player B who sold the shirt on again to Player c, Player C will receive the new ‘Field Marshall Coat’

And so on until the shirt is with the player who deserves to own it. The basis of this decision is that, if you sold your ‘Ishukone shirt’, then you cashed out and the player buying it has invested in that exclusivity instead.

Deployment of replacement item

The new ‘Field Marshall Coat’ has had a new item description added from the content team and requires a deployment cycle before it can be issued. The next deployment cycle is Wednesday, August 8 for Inferno 1.2 and the coat will be assigned to the redeeming system of the pilots in question. If you feel you should have got a coat and one was not assigned, you will need to submit a petition for a Game Master to investigate. Once this deployment is complete, we will sell the ‘Ishukone shirt’ in the store as normal. It will cease to be an exclusive item.

Russian Collector’s Edition

There will be no change to the Russian Collector’s Edition jacket as there are currently in excess of 3,000 box copies in circulation. This item was a giveaway with that box and many more will come in to circulation as players pick up that box set. The number of additional jackets sold before we removed them from the Nex store was exceptionally low and there is no logical or easy way to make this item more exclusive. It simply will have more jackets added over time and that is by design.


I sincerely hope that this clears up the matter. Many members of Team Avatar are still on vacation so if there are any questions it may take some time until they get answered


Thank you very much for the detailed response. You are king among men.
The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#634 - 2012-07-24 16:58:46 UTC
Also, is there going to be controls in place so that this kind of issues does not repeat again? Controls that prevent other promotional items that were marked as "limited/one-time-offer/limited edition" from being reissued?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#635 - 2012-07-24 17:01:42 UTC
Much better, Navigator.

I only hope this is the final solution and no more changes will be forthcoming as I just put all my AUR purchased Ishukone shirts on the market before word gets out that they will be back in again.

All in all it seems like a balanced solution and it will be nice to put this behind us.

I also hope you are 'hardwiring' a fix into the system so that this situation is the last we'll see of anything like this mix up again.

Mr Epeen Cool
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#636 - 2012-07-24 17:11:15 UTC
The Antiquarian wrote:
Also, is there going to be controls in place so that this kind of issues does not repeat again? Controls that prevent other promotional items that were marked as "limited/one-time-offer/limited edition" from being reissued?


Yes, that has already taken place.
The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#637 - 2012-07-24 17:24:24 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
The Antiquarian wrote:
Also, is there going to be controls in place so that this kind of issues does not repeat again? Controls that prevent other promotional items that were marked as "limited/one-time-offer/limited edition" from being reissued?


Yes, that has already taken place.


Thank you very much. Those controls will definitely increase the likelihood of cash spenders participating in the future promotions.
Jonas Xiamon
#638 - 2012-07-24 23:17:52 UTC
Thank you very much CCP Navigator, this is a more than sufficient fix. :)

As asked above, any word on whether or not the Ishokune shirt will or will not be added back to the NeX?

I usally write one of these and then change it a month later when I reread it and decide it sounds stupid.

Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#639 - 2012-07-25 00:14:26 UTC
You should have demanded the latex catsuits from the early Incarna videos. You'd have made a fortune.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#640 - 2012-07-25 00:16:26 UTC  |  Edited by: MotherMoon
this is more like buying the collators edition of a game to get the sweet bioshock 1 soundtrack on vinyl. Just to have the same copy resold for 5$, when the advertisement said it was a one time release.

You would be able to sue over that, no joke. and imo it's justifiable. to anyone thinking ccp is stupid for taking this seriously, then you don't understand collectors. Paying to get something exclusive one time release, that's part of why people will buy it. if it's then not a one time release, that is a chrime, literately false advertising.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg