These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Fleet members being allow to attack gankers

Author
old veteran
#1 - 2012-07-14 20:57:08 UTC
o/

Why cant fleet members be allow to attack a ganker after the ganker strikes the first blow.

Example

Corp mining fleet, a ganker comes along kills or attempts to kill one of the miners in the fleet. Only the person the ganker attacks gets kill rights to attack back.

Why cant fleets be given the same rights, the idea of a fleet can be to protect each other or to fight as one.

Shouldnt the fleet be given the same rights to kill the ganker after he attacks first, as its not just an attack on a random lone pilot, its an attack on a fleet or a even a coalition of miners not from the same corp or alliance

the fleet should be able to help the person who got attacked by the ganker coz aint that the whole reason they are in a fleet ? - beside the fact they want mining boosts and being able to warp to each other.

Just wondering about the idea :)
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#2 - 2012-07-14 21:04:57 UTC
If a ganker attacks anyone, they get GCC, anyone can shoot them for 15 minutes. I don't see the problem. You can even shoot their pod after their ship gets popped by concord.
Marcus Ichiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-07-14 21:09:11 UTC
old veteran wrote:
Corp mining fleet, a ganker comes along kills or attempts to kill one of the miners in the fleet. Only the person the ganker attacks gets kill rights to attack back.


But that's wrong. When someone gets GCC anyone is able to attack them for 15 minutes.
Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-07-14 21:12:15 UTC
Messoroz wrote:
If a ganker attacks anyone, they get GCC, anyone can shoot them for 15 minutes. I don't see the problem. You can even shoot their pod after their ship gets popped by concord.

Pretty sure you can't pod them.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

old veteran
#5 - 2012-07-14 21:32:45 UTC  |  Edited by: old veteran
Messoroz wrote:
If a ganker attacks anyone, they get GCC, anyone can shoot them for 15 minutes. I don't see the problem. You can even shoot their pod after their ship gets popped by concord.



you cant kill the pod unless you have kill rights ( i think, correct if wrong). If they are in fleet why cant the whole fleet get kill rights ? as it is not an attack on a lone pilot its an attack on a group, its the whole point in being in a fleet.

Concord shoot the ganker's ship and destroyer it. If the ganker was sucessful and kill the target, you now have a ganker and the victim in a pod. The ganker cant be killed by the victim as he in a pod and the fleet cant use their drones to pod the ganker's pod because they don't have kill rights ...only the victim does

by this time the ganker either docks or warps around the system till the 15 min is up and logs off because the victim has kill rights on him. When the victim is not log on, the ganker undocks and leaves the system.
Vagolyroe Mirerif
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-07-14 22:27:03 UTC
My understanding was that kill rights give you the one time opportunity to destroy your aggressors ship in High Sec. It is still a Concordable offence to attack their pod.
Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-07-14 22:53:12 UTC
old veteran wrote:
Messoroz wrote:
If a ganker attacks anyone, they get GCC, anyone can shoot them for 15 minutes. I don't see the problem. You can even shoot their pod after their ship gets popped by concord.



you cant kill the pod unless you have kill rights ( i think, correct if wrong). If they are in fleet why cant the whole fleet get kill rights ? as it is not an attack on a lone pilot its an attack on a group, its the whole point in being in a fleet.

Concord shoot the ganker's ship and destroyer it. If the ganker was sucessful and kill the target, you now have a ganker and the victim in a pod. The ganker cant be killed by the victim as he in a pod and the fleet cant use their drones to pod the ganker's pod because they don't have kill rights ...only the victim does

by this time the ganker either docks or warps around the system till the 15 min is up and logs off because the victim has kill rights on him. When the victim is not log on, the ganker undocks and leaves the system.


It's silly, isn't it?
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#8 - 2012-07-15 00:30:53 UTC
Unless they're actually an outlaw, a WT, or in non-security space, don't shoot the pod if you like your security status.

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#9 - 2012-07-15 00:41:03 UTC
Vagolyroe Mirerif wrote:
My understanding was that kill rights give you the one time opportunity to destroy your aggressors ship in High Sec. It is still a Concordable offence to attack their pod.
This is correct, as long as you understand that you can try and fail as many times as you like, until you actually succeed at destroying their ship (or the 30 days are up).
And it doesn't just apply to high-sec. Kill them in low-sec for instance, and as far as killrights are concerned, revenge has been satisfied.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Marcus Ichiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-07-15 05:21:07 UTC
old veteran wrote:
If they are in fleet why cant the whole fleet get kill rights ? as it is not an attack on a lone pilot its an attack on a group, its the whole point in being in a fleet.


No, it's an attack on a lone pilot. Being in a fleet with someone doesn't change their relationship with you, it just means you're grouped up.
old veteran
#11 - 2012-07-15 11:13:59 UTC
Marcus Ichiro wrote:
old veteran wrote:
If they are in fleet why cant the whole fleet get kill rights ? as it is not an attack on a lone pilot its an attack on a group, its the whole point in being in a fleet.


No, it's an attack on a lone pilot. Being in a fleet with someone doesn't change their relationship with you, it just means you're grouped up.



First you say its an "attack on a lone pilot" but then at the end you say it "you're grouped up" make your mind up. You cant say two complete different things but only mean one.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#12 - 2012-07-15 15:04:05 UTC
old veteran wrote:
Marcus Ichiro wrote:
old veteran wrote:
If they are in fleet why cant the whole fleet get kill rights ? as it is not an attack on a lone pilot its an attack on a group, its the whole point in being in a fleet.


No, it's an attack on a lone pilot. Being in a fleet with someone doesn't change their relationship with you, it just means you're grouped up.



First you say its an "attack on a lone pilot" but then at the end you say it "you're grouped up" make your mind up. You cant say two complete different things but only mean one.

You are flying with others (ie grouped up) who have no in game affiliation to you (ie a lone pilot). Not contradictory.


A fleet just makes assisting (or not....) other pilots easier. It doesn't make Concord think you have any relationship (because to them you don't).

Anyway, killrights are personal only. They do not go to more than one person.
Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-07-15 15:45:07 UTC
So how far would you like killrights to spread? To the victims corp? To the fleet he was in at that moment? To every peace loving pilot in New Eden with a positive security status?
You are mixing up a few things in your OP, but yes, killrights should be personal.
Barbara Nichole
Cryogenic Consultancy
#14 - 2012-07-15 16:58:56 UTC
old veteran wrote:
o/

Why cant fleet members be allow to attack a ganker after the ganker strikes the first blow.

Example

Corp mining fleet, a ganker comes along kills or attempts to kill one of the miners in the fleet. Only the person the ganker attacks gets kill rights to attack back.

Why cant fleets be given the same rights, the idea of a fleet can be to protect each other or to fight as one.

Shouldnt the fleet be given the same rights to kill the ganker after he attacks first, as its not just an attack on a random lone pilot, its an attack on a fleet or a even a coalition of miners not from the same corp or alliance

the fleet should be able to help the person who got attacked by the ganker coz aint that the whole reason they are in a fleet ? - beside the fact they want mining boosts and being able to warp to each other.

Just wondering about the idea :)


it's the same as can flipping.. I've had many gang members kill of flippers as soon as they aggress a team mate.

  - remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Saithe
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-07-16 00:32:35 UTC
old veteran wrote:
o/

Why cant fleet members be allow to attack a ganker after the ganker strikes the first blow.

Example

Corp mining fleet


this is where i stopped reading.
Synsational
Arcana Noctis
#16 - 2012-07-16 19:00:25 UTC
Doesn't it suck being helpless when that gank ship lands on grid? Just move to low/null and you'll be rid of those worthless concord.

I know a few jump freighter pilots who will be happy to move your stuff for you.

jimmyjam
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#17 - 2012-07-17 01:10:03 UTC
Synsational wrote:
Doesn't it suck being helpless when that gank ship lands on grid? Just move to low/null and you'll be rid of those worthless concord.

I know a few jump freighter pilots who will be happy to move your stuff for you.


THIS for 1000 years of game time.
Marcus Ichiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-07-17 04:41:33 UTC
old veteran wrote:
First you say its an "attack on a lone pilot" but then at the end you say it "you're grouped up" make your mind up. You cant say two complete different things but only mean one.


And you seem to think a fleet is a single entity rather than a group of individual players.

If you want people in your fleet to share aggro and fight off people together, get them to join your corporation. That's what they're for.
Beachura
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-07-17 09:15:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Beachura
old veteran wrote:



you cant kill the pod unless you have kill rights ( i think, correct if wrong). If they are in fleet why cant the whole fleet get kill rights ? as it is not an attack on a lone pilot its an attack on a group, its the whole point in being in a fleet.
.



Because you ONLY have killrights on that individual. Using your logic a pilot could have kill rights on another pilot and by inviting half of eve to a fleet could allow hundreds of people to have the ability to shoot someone in high sec. Can you not see the potential for abuse?

Just because you attacked someone a few weeks ago does not justify everyone and their friend having the right to kill you 'because they are in your fleet'. It's abusive.
feihcsiM
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-07-20 09:16:35 UTC
If it makes you feel better just keep a disposable alt in a cheap-as-chips sebo&arty thrasher with the fleet. If a gank happens pod the ganker.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

12Next page