These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

World Collide mission

Author
Zornia Estemaire
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-07-12 03:27:37 UTC
I have done about 70 lvl 4 missions without getting "Worlds Collide" mission yet. I have about 25 lvl 4 mission agents now. What can I do to increase my chances in getting this mission on a regular time frame?
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-07-12 03:37:05 UTC
Zornia Estemaire wrote:
I have done about 70 lvl 4 missions without getting "Worlds Collide" mission yet. I have about 25 lvl 4 mission agents now. What can I do to increase my chances in getting this mission on a regular time frame?


It's random.
Kalli Brixzat
#3 - 2012-07-12 03:51:39 UTC
Zornia Estemaire wrote:
I have done about 70 lvl 4 missions without getting "Worlds Collide" mission yet. I have about 25 lvl 4 mission agents now. What can I do to increase my chances in getting this mission on a regular time frame?


There's better missions than that...
Kenpo
The Guardians of the Beam
#4 - 2012-07-12 12:41:40 UTC
A corp mate and I used to get worlds collide fairly regularly, now after the inferno patch we have yet to see it at all.

Caution, rubber gloves and faceshield required when handling this equipment.

Alayna Le'line
#5 - 2012-07-12 13:10:54 UTC
Kenpo wrote:
A corp mate and I used to get worlds collide fairly regularly, now after the inferno patch we have yet to see it at all.


I've already seen it 3 times in like 15missions. You just have a stroke of bad luck (though I don't particularly like this mission, so maybe I'm having a stroke of bad luck, hmm...)
Domyn
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-07-12 15:11:45 UTC
Wether you get it may also depend on in which region you are, or rather which faction you are doing missions for. (i know it works like that with the blockade)

Either way the only good thing about that mission is the chance on faction spawns.
Kalli Brixzat
#7 - 2012-07-12 16:02:07 UTC
Domyn wrote:
Wether you get it may also depend on in which region you are, or rather which faction you are doing missions for. (i know it works like that with the blockade)

Either way the only good thing about that mission is the chance on faction spawns.


Yup. In m mission locale, I get TONS of Worlds Collide, but NEVER EVER EVER get The Blockade. I hear the chance of faction on Blockade is considerably higher than in Worlds Collide. I sure hope so because I've done WC easily 25 times and seen faction drop twice.
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#8 - 2012-07-12 18:35:22 UTC
Zornia Estemaire wrote:
I have done about 70 lvl 4 missions without getting "Worlds Collide" mission yet. I have about 25 lvl 4 mission agents now. What can I do to increase my chances in getting this mission on a regular time frame?


I asked this question about 2 months ago as I also noticed World's Collide became rarer. I think I went over 200 missions across 3 characters accessing numerous agents, with a month of trying before it showed up finally. It definitely has become a lot less common for me but it's still there.
Zornia Estemaire
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-07-12 20:29:05 UTC
Just did the Blockade(serp) mission yesterday. Didn't get the Shadow Serpentis BS in the end though.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#10 - 2012-07-12 20:56:37 UTC
Zornia Estemaire wrote:
What can I do to increase my chances in getting this mission on a regular time frame?
Ensure that the agents you run for have it in their mission pool; only run missions for those agents; and keep spamming missions.

It's all random so there's no way to affect what missions you will get from the agent, but that randomness still has to be applied to something — in the case of agents, it's a list of missions that they can give you, and this list will be different for each agent (although agents in the same general area will tend to have many missions in common since they all belong to the same faction and exist within an area with the same pirate “home” faction).

…of course, given the nature of randomness, it's a bit tricky to determine for certain whether an agent does have a specific mission in their pool (or a whole lot of work, which will still not result in any absolute guarantees). If you can name some 30–40 missions that a given agent gives you, and the mission you're looking for is not on that list, then you can be somewhat certain that the mission in question isn't in his or her pool. The problem is that figuring out that list can happily take several hundred mission requests to compile.
Flurk Hellbron
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-07-12 21:28:40 UTC
Decline all other missions?
Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#12 - 2012-07-13 09:36:36 UTC
Sebiestor Tribe (minmatar) level 4 agent seems to offer it to me with decent regularity.
karaky
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-07-18 11:07:07 UTC
Domyn wrote:
Wether you get it may also depend on in which region you are, or rather which faction you are doing missions for. (i know it works like that with the blockade)

Either way the only good thing about that mission is the chance on faction spawns.


Actually - the good part about World's Collide is that you have a 100% chance on faction spawns if you do it correctly.
Mia Restolo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-07-18 13:54:15 UTC
karaky wrote:
Actually - the good part about World's Collide is that you have a 100% chance on faction spawns if you do it correctly.


Kind of... I think the mission got changed recently so there's no more warping in and out until the faction rat pops up, they're there from the start with 'supervisor' or similar in their name. I haven't gotten a high bounty one or one that drops faction loot yet though. Mission reports seem to indicate that the chances are about the same, just less of a pain.
karaky
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-07-18 14:10:31 UTC
Mia Restolo wrote:
karaky wrote:
Actually - the good part about World's Collide is that you have a 100% chance on faction spawns if you do it correctly.


Kind of... I think the mission got changed recently so there's no more warping in and out until the faction rat pops up, they're there from the start with 'supervisor' or similar in their name. I haven't gotten a high bounty one or one that drops faction loot yet though. Mission reports seem to indicate that the chances are about the same, just less of a pain.


I have seen a faction rat in every pocket since some time in March. It all depends on how you use the gate to the pockets.

RadaganSchneider explained it well in a comment here:

http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=WorldsCollide4ansa&show_comments=1#comments

Video on how to do it here:

http://youtu.be/52PR79TbNPw
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-07-18 17:13:38 UTC
Just tried it literally an hour ago. Does not work.
Mia Restolo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-07-18 17:51:28 UTC
*shrug* no tricks required for me, shoot rats, use gate, get supervisors... of course I've only done the mission a few times since the change but always gotten the supervisors.
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-07-18 18:37:02 UTC
Mia Restolo wrote:
*shrug* no tricks required for me, shoot rats, use gate, get supervisors... of course I've only done the mission a few times since the change but always gotten the supervisors.


There's always a supervisor in each "base". It just doesn't always have a high bounty or faction. The prevailing thought is that the ones with bounties over 1M isk have a chance to drop faction. The higher the bounty, the higher the chance. At least that's the prevailing belief right now.
Irafs
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-07-18 20:04:01 UTC
Mercantile Club lvl 4 agent seems to give it fairly frequently, Have yet to get it from my CN L4 agents
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-07-18 20:44:12 UTC
Irafs wrote:
Mercantile Club lvl 4 agent seems to give it fairly frequently, Have yet to get it from my CN L4 agents


I get it one out of every 5 or 6 missions from the CN L4 agents in Funtanainen and isikemi.
12Next page