These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Inferno L4 mission runner

Author
Sybrea
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-07-10 06:26:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Sybrea
Im looking for a largely stress free ship to o Level 4 missions in. I have better gunnery skills than missile skills and better armor skills than shields, but Im willing to train skills if it means flying a sturdier and/or harder hitting ship. I'd like to exclude missiles since I dont like watching them fly 60+ km of space before the damage is done. Im going to be staying in hi-sec while im doing L4s so I dont need any fits for low/null sec.

So I'd like to know what, in your opinion, is a good ship to do Level 4 missions in. Best battleship and best Marauder to do them in? Ive been looking around and it seems the Vargur is a great ship to do it in. The Raven as well.

Marauders are a bit far off for now but I'd like to see some fits for them as well. Mainly I'd like T1 battleship fits. I have a navy Megathron but from ive been seeing it isnt very popular for Level 4s. I would really appreciate it if you guys could just share some fits for Inferno that work well. Posting marauder fits will also give me somehing to aim for so I dont go off training stuff like Hydromagnetic Physics.

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm going to be running missions mostly in Caldari space. So that would be Guristas I think. Kronos maybe?

Thanks in advance.
Hakaimono
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-07-10 06:38:42 UTC
[Maelstrom, Taabahi]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

X-Large C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
[T2 mission specific hardener]
[T2 mission specific hardener]
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800

1200mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
1200mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
1200mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
1200mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
1200mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
1200mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
1200mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
1200mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L

Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard I


Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5


I'm having a great deal of success with this fit. I've recently switched out the cap booster for a boost amp and it works if you really know how to pulse tank.
Hakaimono
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-07-10 06:40:41 UTC
I realize its shield tanked, but shield skills don't take that long to max really.
Sybrea
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-07-10 06:42:33 UTC
Thats ok. Im wondering if the cap booster is really required. I guess it wont matter space-wise but I'd rather not have to buy more ammo (or make it).
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#5 - 2012-07-10 07:42:56 UTC
[Kronos, template]

Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
[Utility Low slot]
Hardener
Hardener
Corpus X-Type Large Armor Repairer

Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script / Optimal Range Script
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script / Optimal Range Script
Heavy Capacitor Booster II
[Utility Med slot]

425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
[Utility High slot]
[Utility High slot]
[Utility High slot]

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x5
Garde II x3


This Kronos eats basically every L4 mission, AE bonus included. Surely there are ships better performing, but the margin is not as big as they used to say. As it's name suggests, it's a template. The only serious investment, hull aside, is the armor repairer - it should be the best you can afford. Anything else can be pimped or gimped according to taste and wallet depth. Proposed utilities, choose according to situation and personal preferences:
Low: Hardener, EANM, DCU, Tracking Enhancer, Magstab, Drone Damage
Med: Omni Directional Tracking, ECCM, Web, AB
High: standard crap

Cap boosting is not as big problem as you're afraid. On most missions passive recharge is enough and when it's not, typically you pulse the recharger, the same way you pulse the repper. And when worst comes, you have marauder's cargo space to hold some spare charges.

HTH
Sybrea
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-07-10 07:45:39 UTC
Thanks for this fit. It looks pretty good. I was always told that DCUs are more for PvP than PvE. Is that true? Also, What about the new armor hardener that boosts resistances based on incoming damage. Is that any good?
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#7 - 2012-07-10 07:58:42 UTC
Sybrea wrote:
Thanks for this fit. It looks pretty good. I was always told that DCUs are more for PvP than PvE. Is that true? Also, What about the new armor hardener that boosts resistances based on incoming damage. Is that any good?

I mentioned DCU because *sometimes* it gives extra level of safety, e.g. when you are about to do a mission you don't know what to expect in. Normally there are better uses of this slot.

I haven't tried this new hardener myself yet, so I can't comment. Judging from opinions on forum it has it's uses though.
Sybrea
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-07-10 08:11:13 UTC
The CCC rig doesn't seem to be a good use of the slot. without the booster running constantly it does not make a difference in the longevity of my capacitor. Maybe a few seconds. Would an armor rig or a hybrid weapon rig be better suited?
Vain Eldritch
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-07-10 08:55:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Vain Eldritch
Apocalypse ---- Apocalypse Navy Issue ---- Paladin

Apoc' is a great L4 runner if you have T2 Megapulse (scorch) and fit a couple of tracking computers with range scripts - you can just warp in, sit there and shoot as far as you can target. If a couple of BS or even cruisers from larger spawns get into close orbit, switch off the tracking computers swap from scorch to INMF and let them have it point-blank.

Tank I run is is 3x mission specific hardeners + Large armor repper II and this is easily enough especially given the fact that you'll wreck most ships before they even get close.

When ready you can "move up" to a navy Apoc' if you want. This ship can fit a silly tank with the extra low slot, though you don't have to to get the navy apoc when you can just go straight to...

Paladin. Provided you have Tachyons and the (fitting skills needed) you can easily get 1000+ dps with an accpetable tank though to be honest I find the Paladin overkill for L4 - and I really fo love the range of the Apoc.

Sorry I cannot post specific fits, but I'm mobile right now.

Additional: I tried and Abaddon before I went Apoc' - the slight increase in damage and tank does not offset the agonizing loss of range and the slow-boating that implies.

Additional additional (:p): I run all my ships cap stable (unless I think I'm gonna get drained) and so I avoid the Nightmare and certain Paladin fits that demand Cap Boosters - the Apoc' has an awesome capacitor.

More additional: I run my Amarr ships against all rats and have zero problems missions like Angel Extravaganza! and other missions traditionally seen ad not "laser-friendly". But there - I don't play against the clock and even high EM/Therm resist rats take only a few more shots.

Androgynous Caldari Cross-dresser

hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#10 - 2012-07-10 10:53:39 UTC
Sybrea wrote:
The CCC rig doesn't seem to be a good use of the slot. without the booster running constantly it does not make a difference in the longevity of my capacitor. Maybe a few seconds. Would an armor rig or a hybrid weapon rig be better suited?

You're right. Actually in my template I should have marked it as an empty utility slot too. :) I left it on my ship because I had no better idea what to use there and on the plus side CCC's are without penalty and make active boosting needed less often.
Sybrea
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-07-10 18:54:00 UTC
Vain Eldritch wrote:
Apocalypse ---- Apocalypse Navy Issue ---- Paladin

Apoc' is a great L4 runner if you have T2 Megapulse (scorch) and fit a couple of tracking computers with range scripts - you can just warp in, sit there and shoot as far as you can target. If a couple of BS or even cruisers from larger spawns get into close orbit, switch off the tracking computers swap from scorch to INMF and let them have it point-blank.

Tank I run is is 3x mission specific hardeners + Large armor repper II and this is easily enough especially given the fact that you'll wreck most ships before they even get close.

When ready you can "move up" to a navy Apoc' if you want. This ship can fit a silly tank with the extra low slot, though you don't have to to get the navy apoc when you can just go straight to...

Paladin. Provided you have Tachyons and the (fitting skills needed) you can easily get 1000+ dps with an accpetable tank though to be honest I find the Paladin overkill for L4 - and I really fo love the range of the Apoc.

Sorry I cannot post specific fits, but I'm mobile right now.

Additional: I tried and Abaddon before I went Apoc' - the slight increase in damage and tank does not offset the agonizing loss of range and the slow-boating that implies.

Additional additional (:p): I run all my ships cap stable (unless I think I'm gonna get drained) and so I avoid the Nightmare and certain Paladin fits that demand Cap Boosters - the Apoc' has an awesome capacitor.

More additional: I run my Amarr ships against all rats and have zero problems missions like Angel Extravaganza! and other missions traditionally seen ad not "laser-friendly". But there - I don't play against the clock and even high EM/Therm resist rats take only a few more shots.


Thanks I might try that, though like I said I already have a navythron in my hanger. My laser skills... well leave a lot to be desired but if the apoc really works how you say it does then it couldnt hurt. Also, the lack of ammo (except buying T2 crystals) is always a plus. Shoot me an EVE mail with your fit when you can or post it here if you want. Thanks!
Domyn
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-07-10 19:27:36 UTC
I am not on my main pc, so i dont have any fits here right now but i would like to mention that the vargur is an absolute beast for lvl 4 missions, easily my favourite mission ship!
Aside from the vargur, a kronos works excellent in caldari space, its tanking ability and damage types are perfect against guristas.
These 2 marauders are something to aim for.

As for right now: a navy megathron works great as well, seeing as you already have one its the most obvious choice.
Take a flight of sentries, a rack of 425mm rails and youll do great.
As with all fits, a faction armor repper (imperial navy armor repairer) is advisable.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#13 - 2012-07-10 20:25:24 UTC
the only issue I see with hmskrecik's fit is if you don't have an explosive hardener fit 2 tornados can warp into your mission and gank you. I'd be tempted to do that just for lulz, and the x-type rep would just be a bonus.

the kronos has pretty good cap recharge, so with that ccc I'd think about dropping the cap injector and just using 2x cap rechargers in the mids, that looks like enough to run nearly anything. or keep the cap injector and add an afterburner. I put a tracking rig on mine because as said before there isn't really a must have rig for that slot. I don't like armor rigs because of the velocity penalty.

and the amarr boats are all pretty lovely. paladin/nightmare is what you really want out of them though.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Sybrea
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-07-10 20:58:47 UTC
Quick question, Instead of having a DCU II in a low slot would it be better to put the new adapting armor module on there? The one that shifts to increase resists depending on what damage is incoming. I'll play around with the cap rechargers and the CCC rigs on the Kronos and see what I can get. Also, Should I use Antimatter ammo or one of the two T2 ammos for the railguns on a Kronos?
Sybrea
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-07-10 21:28:39 UTC
So I've been playing around on EFT a bit and I would like some feedback on this Kronos fit I got from hmskrecik and modified a bit.

Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Imperial Navy Large Armor Repairer

Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
ECCM - Magnometric II ???

425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
Small Tractor Beam I / II
Small Tractor Beam I / II
Salvager I

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Large Hybrid Metastasis Adjuster I


Without the booster or armor repper running its stable at 50%. When I need to I guess I could pulse the repper and the booster accordingly.
Domyn
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-07-10 22:19:57 UTC
That kronos fit looks good, though i personally prefer to put a cap rig and 2 cap rechargers in instead of a booster.
That gives me about 9 mins of cap, more then enough.

Anyway you should always be using antimatter ammo, up to about 60 - 70 km.
Then its time to switch to lead or so, anything more then lead is a waste since its just too much range with properly scripted tracking computers.
Sybrea
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-07-10 23:57:23 UTC
So far I'm leaning towars the Kronos and the Paladin. Maybe I should start training for the paladin since it seems to be a favorite, with an ample capacitor and you don't need ammo. Which of the two would preform better in Caldari space and which of the two would preform better overall. So far it seems that the Kronos is the least popular of the marauders.

I am going to be using my navythron for doing L4s until I can get into a marauder. Just need something to train for. Working on Advanced Weapons upgrades and later the necessary skills to get into any marauder. Just want to choose one so I can start working on the race specific skills such as the battleship skills and the T2 weapon skills.
Velarra
#18 - 2012-07-11 06:20:04 UTC
Sybrea wrote:
Which of the two would preform better in Caldari space and which of the two would preform better overall. So far it seems that the Kronos is the least popular of the marauders.


In Cal space you're going to be dealing with Kin/Therm | Kin/Therm or put another way, - Guristas are the local rats. Lasers are going to have an amusing time when dealing with Guri, - leading to your Kronos with its / hybrid weapon system likely fairing better on average within the State.
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#19 - 2012-07-11 07:20:01 UTC  |  Edited by: hmskrecik
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
the only issue I see with hmskrecik's fit is if you don't have an explosive hardener fit 2 tornados can warp into your mission and gank you. I'd be tempted to do that just for lulz, and the x-type rep would just be a bonus.

the kronos has pretty good cap recharge, so with that ccc I'd think about dropping the cap injector and just using 2x cap rechargers in the mids, that looks like enough to run nearly anything. or keep the cap injector and add an afterburner. I put a tracking rig on mine because as said before there isn't really a must have rig for that slot. I don't like armor rigs because of the velocity penalty.

and the amarr boats are all pretty lovely. paladin/nightmare is what you really want out of them though.

True enough. But then again, if you want to do it for lulz you can easily gank ANY mission boat, can't you? And while I wouldn't be happy if you ganked me, mind you that even with that expensive module this Kronos pays for itself in a month or two.

That said, with a third hardener the repper can be downgraded of course. But with the shiny one, you have one low utility slot, which is nice.

Cap booster, you love it or you hate it. I learned to love. With Kronos' natural cap recharge the whole ship is stable with everything running, as long as there are charges in cargo, so actually the CCC is redundant here. As I said, I'm keeping it for lack of better idea (though I think I may replace it with the range or falloff rig)
Domyn
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-07-11 15:56:52 UTC
i also keep a ccc rig in that second slot, for lack of other options. Some of the other weapon rigs in there dont make much sense either, mostly because of stacking penalties because youll be using 2 tracking computers already.
12Next page