These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Game Events and Gatherings

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Come meet The CCP team on Thursday, June 28 in Newcastle!

First post
Author
Jak Sparra
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2012-06-27 10:35:44 UTC
I think this is meant to be more of a friendly chat and a couple of pints rather then a grilling about the UI and stuff, although I'm sure it will be mentioned.
Ken Morton
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2012-06-27 11:05:15 UTC
Callidus Dux wrote:
Can someone near there go to this event and ask what CCP really want to do next with this mess called unified UI? Will CCP REAL listen to its paying customers or just simulate interest again- but wont change anything?

Sorry for my harsh words. But I pay for this game since more than 4 years but am not able to PLAY since 22.05.2012 because of this sh!t unified UI. Burn it in hell and rebuild the old one with your new shiny code! Evil

If someone from CCP claims that they did something to improve this mess I have to say that they absolute did nothing for MY and many others concerns. Sure they did something.. but, as always, the wrong things.


What are you on about, the new UI is nice stop being so bitter, if they did what you wanted then I wouldn't like it and guess what, I'm a paying customer to.

I will be attending the event looking forward to seeing the guys from CCP
HalbaradKenafin
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2012-06-27 13:38:27 UTC
Ken Morton wrote:
Callidus Dux wrote:
Can someone near there go to this event and ask what CCP really want to do next with this mess called unified UI? Will CCP REAL listen to its paying customers or just simulate interest again- but wont change anything?

Sorry for my harsh words. But I pay for this game since more than 4 years but am not able to PLAY since 22.05.2012 because of this sh!t unified UI. Burn it in hell and rebuild the old one with your new shiny code! Evil

If someone from CCP claims that they did something to improve this mess I have to say that they absolute did nothing for MY and many others concerns. Sure they did something.. but, as always, the wrong things.


What are you on about, the new UI is nice stop being so bitter, if they did what you wanted then I wouldn't like it and guess what, I'm a paying customer to.

I will be attending the event looking forward to seeing the guys from CCP


I'll be sure to mention the new UI, and how happy I am with it. Not sure why so many people have problems with it unless they don't use Windows Explorer much as it's pretty similar to that. Plus filters are cool.
Panselutza
Reggae Chillers
#64 - 2012-06-27 18:48:32 UTC
willing to drink there...need a non-drinking buddy (to carry me home)....... please contact ingame . TY
Iva Posavec
Posavec Innovations
#65 - 2012-06-28 01:46:35 UTC
Wish I had seen this sooner I'd have sorted out travel, don't fancy waiting until 5am for the next train to Darlington. Sad
Useless
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2012-06-28 06:16:20 UTC
Oh dear i'm at work so i wont be able to make it, God Damn it What?
Ratchet Vakagan
Doomheim
#67 - 2012-06-28 13:48:03 UTC
So tonight's the night. Only been playing EVE for off and on around a year and only have gotten comfotable with a character that is only a few days old. So I hope I don't get abused by all of the experienced players. But still, it's going to be fun to see fellow players from the North-East.

If you are in a Spaceship travelling at the speed of light and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?

Nero Angelos
Perkone
Caldari State
#68 - 2012-06-28 13:58:17 UTC
I don't know if I should come to this. I'm based in Newcastle but literally restarted playing yesterday and saw the post!
tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2012-06-28 15:14:11 UTC
See you there!
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#70 - 2012-06-28 15:18:51 UTC
Nero Angelos wrote:
I don't know if I should come to this. I'm based in Newcastle but literally restarted playing yesterday and saw the post!


Of course you should!
quickshot89
89th Logistics
#71 - 2012-06-28 15:27:54 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Nero Angelos wrote:
I don't know if I should come to this. I'm based in Newcastle but literally restarted playing yesterday and saw the post!


Of course you should!



I hope this rain doesnt screw up things for tonight, i havnt seen a storm this bad in a long time!
Ratchet Vakagan
Doomheim
#72 - 2012-06-28 15:38:15 UTC
quickshot89 wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:
Nero Angelos wrote:
I don't know if I should come to this. I'm based in Newcastle but literally restarted playing yesterday and saw the post!


Of course you should!



I hope this rain doesnt screw up things for tonight, i havnt seen a storm this bad in a long time!



I know, apparently there is a bit of flooding around the Newcastle area... here's to hoping things stay well enough for everybody to get there safely. To the guys travelling from afar, leave a bit earlier and drive safe.

If you are in a Spaceship travelling at the speed of light and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?

TheEvilGuitarist
Sorrowful Inc.
#73 - 2012-06-28 16:00:15 UTC
Here comes the rain, crazy. We had flooding at work.
quickshot89
89th Logistics
#74 - 2012-06-28 16:03:08 UTC
TheEvilGuitarist wrote:
Here comes the rain, crazy. We had flooding at work.


Oh tell me about it, i left the metro centre at 3.30, it was flooded an hour later
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#75 - 2012-06-28 16:03:33 UTC
TheEvilGuitarist wrote:
Here comes the rain, crazy. We had flooding at work.


Best to find sanctuary in a bar and wait it out P
Nero Angelos
Perkone
Caldari State
#76 - 2012-06-28 16:22:36 UTC
TheEvilGuitarist wrote:
Here comes the rain, crazy. We had flooding at work.


There is quite heavy flooding in a lot of areas and i've been told by north east electric board that there may be powers cuts. So anyone who is out, be careful! ^_^

I will try and get to this, its just the issue of driving there in this storm!
quickshot89
89th Logistics
#77 - 2012-06-28 16:24:25 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
TheEvilGuitarist wrote:
Here comes the rain, crazy. We had flooding at work.


Best to find sanctuary in a bar and wait it out P


Are you coming tonight Navigator?
tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2012-06-28 16:25:31 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
TheEvilGuitarist wrote:
Here comes the rain, crazy. We had flooding at work.


Best to find sanctuary in a bar and wait it out P

Some of us are still stuck in work Cry
HalbaradKenafin
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2012-06-28 16:33:33 UTC  |  Edited by: HalbaradKenafin
Metrros are off between Heworth and Gateshead for anyone considering that. Doesn't look like a replacement bus service is on either.

Looks like I'm not going to be there unless the weather changes in the next hour or so.

Edit: From the Nexus site:

PA systems and information displays on Metro are down due to the rain. We will use digital channels to update as far as we can.
There are severe disruptions to all parts of Metro. People should only travel if absolutely necessary.

Rain is causing disruption as follows:
Byker, Central, Monument and Haymarket stations closed. Other stations open but some entrances closed at Gateshead. Platform 2 at Jesmond closed. Please take care around stations.
No trains between Regent Centre and Kingston Park due to flooding at Fawdon crossing.
No trains between Heworth and Gateshead Stadium due to flooding.
We will update once we have more information. We're sorry for any inconvenience Thursday 17.30.
Ratchet Vakagan
Doomheim
#80 - 2012-06-28 16:52:44 UTC
Anybody travelling to Newcastle should take the bus. With delays on the Metro and severe flooding in most stations it will be your safest solution. Like I said beforehand please take care in your journeys.

If you are in a Spaceship travelling at the speed of light and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?