These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

PL shall return their medals and prices

First post
Author
StoneCold
Decadence.
RAZOR Alliance
#61 - 2012-06-11 09:27:54 UTC
anyone want a copy of the sphere?

contact me.

Not posting with main to disguise my real beeing Evil
Shivaja
CHON
THE R0NIN
#62 - 2012-06-18 08:22:33 UTC
Thank you all for the warm support and now can we please have some responsible Dev to confirm that this Sphere, python injection is no longer possible or do we have to play hide and seek with our own ships in our own hangars ?
michael boltonIII
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#63 - 2012-06-18 11:51:23 UTC
Sphere is a troll (you might notice Raivi wearing a Sphere Dev shirt this year), it's never actually worked but was just a cover for internal spies to have an excuse why fleet comps were constantly leaked, not just in the AT but on TQ in general fights. A long time ago devs even got trolled into thinking sphere was real based purely on monekysphere's posting, so don't feel bad that you got caught as well.
Mystic Bull
Chaos From Order
#64 - 2012-06-18 15:40:01 UTC
Yep just a troll. Of course, they made it look pretty real by putting in the names of the ships and locations of people on our team (some of which didn't fly in certain rounds but ended up in the "troll" and some did fly that didn't end up in the "troll"). So, I guess they ran around and found certain people that had flown before, waited patiently outside the station to get what they might have undocked and copied the name of their ship and what it was (for the people that ended up in the "troll" who didn't fly in the tournament that round)...Then they probably copied down everything from the names of our ships to who was flying what ship (Obviously you would need to do this right before your match using a scanner and then match the names of the pilots to it, again, right before you fight). After that they put it together like it was a program which told them this information?

Things like "MANY was easiest to figure out because they liked to kite"....WTF, who was he kidding? We mixed it up the entire tournament...The only thing we changed was getting into a team that could beat his bomber team. I guess we were easy to figure out though Roll

MANY is a group of RL friends and people who came here from other games where we were in a group there. We're small because we don't recruit and want to be that way so we can get fights in empire. Also, if we were flying something for the tournament we never undocked it. They didn't metagame us I can assure you. Our own guys don't even really know what they are flying for a match and it's not like we get tons of practice with 12 people there.

I go back and watch PL's fights and see they bring something general the first fight (which they lost in AT7, probably because they didn't have the names of the tourney team). After that they go on to wipe every team? We wiped one team and it's because they had a tendency to bring the same type of setup and we brought a edgy setup that was only meant to kill what they brought. Seems like PL did this every match doesn't it?

I guess we dreamed we had a Nyx logged off in a POS and it disappeared to these guys as well, post POS bowling? Yeah, I trust CCP to figure this out since they seemed to turn a blind eye to that one... Roll
In the end, it may be the best troll there ever was with an extensive list of weird circumstances. It may be hard for us to understand since we have a life outside of eve and would never put such time into doing something like this. However, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

gtfo
Cannery Canoule
War is Bliss
#65 - 2012-06-18 16:44:46 UTC
michael boltonIII wrote:
Sphere is a troll (you might notice Raivi wearing a Sphere Dev shirt this year), it's never actually worked but was just a cover for internal spies to have an excuse why fleet comps were constantly leaked, not just in the AT but on TQ in general fights. A long time ago devs even got trolled into thinking sphere was real based purely on monekysphere's posting, so don't feel bad that you got caught as well.


The Sphere is an exaggeration used to damage control the use of python injection.

Client side python injection is not a troll even if the sphere is. A lot of what was possible, including the subject of this thread, has been quietly patched out over time but you can still use injections for autopilot to 0 and automatic probing amongst other things. However, CCP don't want to publicly admit how vulnerable their client was, and still is, so don't feel bad that you don't know what you are talking about.
Intigo
New Order Outreach Division
CODE.
#66 - 2012-06-18 18:37:13 UTC
Haha, Michael Bolton's posting is so hilariously incompetent. It never gets old.

hydra provail

michael boltonIII
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#67 - 2012-06-18 19:23:24 UTC
Python injection is definitively real, but to my knowledge and the knowledge of everyone I know in game, only allows you to manipulate commands within your own client. There was a time in my past when I saw some people around me making money ratting in a way that may have used python injection, and I naturally looked into it. I eventually chose not participate in such evil acts, but if what you say is true and you could make calls on nonviewable information, then every bot and his brother would be making calls on the local of adjacent systems and of the location of officer and faction rats in nearby systems.

People come in and out the PL team constantly, I'm much more likely to believe that you just had an intel leak than to think that every person who was involved in the PL team fro the past 4 years has kept their mouth shut about a program that other teams would pay trillions for.
Cannery Canoule
War is Bliss
#68 - 2012-06-18 20:38:45 UTC
Python injection has nothing to do with regular botting, they're totally different things.

I'd imagine proper tournament teams run on a need to know basis and that something like this wouldn't be discussed on a forum.

Honestly, the more you post the more you betray how little you understand = /
michael boltonIII
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#69 - 2012-06-18 21:41:42 UTC  |  Edited by: michael boltonIII
Cannery Canoule wrote:
Python injection has nothing to do with regular botting, they're totally different things.

I'd imagine proper tournament teams run on a need to know basis and that something like this wouldn't be discussed on a forum.

Honestly, the more you post the more you betray how little you understand = /


The two primary types of botting are OCR and Python Injection, and Python injected bots are far more effecient. Please actually know what you are talking about before you accuse me of incompetence. Python Injection is exceptionally damaging to the game and CCP Sreegs has been slamming nerds 23/7, but as far as I know, it is not capable of requesting the kind of information you guys are talking about from the host server.
Faffywaffy
SoT
DarkSide.
#70 - 2012-06-18 22:05:12 UTC
Whether the accusations are true or not, the solution is simple: if you're fighting PL, have your ships fitted in advance, your team sit in pods and insist that the PL team is moved to the tournament system before boarding your ships.

@MB3: You don't need every person on the team to be aware of such a thing, just the one who decides which setup to field.
michael boltonIII
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#71 - 2012-06-18 22:16:09 UTC  |  Edited by: michael boltonIII
Faffywaffy wrote:
@MB3: You don't need every person on the team to be aware of such a thing, just the one who decides which setup to field.


I recognize that, I just find it hard to believe that PL is this only group able to run this magic injection that shuts down pos shields and returns info on docked ships. Python Injection is a pretty well understood system from legitimate programming and I am fairly certain that somebody else amongst the thousands of programmers in big 0.0 alliances would have done something similar if it was possible at all.

Sphere, just like Evoke's cheetah, is an exaggerated troll made to make people paranoid and to collect tears about cheating when a group complains about losing a fight because of something that doesn't exist.

Edit: I really shouldn't even keep posting in this thread. If people want to believe in the divine power of the sphere, then I don't think there is anything I can do to convince them that the evil orb that haunts their dream is not real.
Cannery Canoule
War is Bliss
#72 - 2012-06-18 22:37:07 UTC
The point was that the injection being discussed has nothing to do with the botting you're talking about. Also, that's what's meant by client vulnerabilities, the information used to be accessible client side. It isn't any longer afaik so its probably not something to worry about anymore.

No one is talking about the sphere or botting except you. You're actually the first to bring them up in this thread.
Intigo
New Order Outreach Division
CODE.
#73 - 2012-06-18 23:55:21 UTC
Please stop, MB3. It's depressing to watch you stumble through incompetence over and over. You are either incredibly naive or just trying to gain favors at CCP by pretending that their game was not exploited to hell and back for years.

hydra provail

CCP Sreegs
CCP Retirement Home
#74 - 2012-06-19 21:20:11 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Sreegs
Cannery Canoule wrote:
michael boltonIII wrote:
Sphere is a troll (you might notice Raivi wearing a Sphere Dev shirt this year), it's never actually worked but was just a cover for internal spies to have an excuse why fleet comps were constantly leaked, not just in the AT but on TQ in general fights. A long time ago devs even got trolled into thinking sphere was real based purely on monekysphere's posting, so don't feel bad that you got caught as well.


The Sphere is an exaggeration used to damage control the use of python injection.

Client side python injection is not a troll even if the sphere is. A lot of what was possible, including the subject of this thread, has been quietly patched out over time but you can still use injections for autopilot to 0 and automatic probing amongst other things. However, CCP don't want to publicly admit how vulnerable their client was, and still is, so don't feel bad that you don't know what you are talking about.


I'm happy to admit issues and state how we're dealing with them. I don't do so in response to passive aggressive lamentations however. Nobody is or has been scared to admit anything. I can tell you that injection is a problem. It's a Windows problem. We're dealing with it and have been and continue to break it down over time.

The reason you don't see much feedback from us in this regard is that we can't discuss the details of what or how we're dealing with security related issues.

You go ahead and inject and we'll see how long it takes to end it.

"Sreegs has juuust edged out Soundwave as my favourite dev." - Meita Way 2012

Luis Graca
#75 - 2012-06-19 21:38:31 UTC
Isn't that consider cheating?
CCP Sreegs
CCP Retirement Home
#76 - 2012-06-19 23:07:18 UTC
Luis Graca wrote:
Isn't that consider cheating?


Yeah I think that's a pretty safe consideration.

"Sreegs has juuust edged out Soundwave as my favourite dev." - Meita Way 2012

Marcel Devereux
Aideron Robotics
#77 - 2012-06-20 00:53:29 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:
Cannery Canoule wrote:
michael boltonIII wrote:
Sphere is a troll (you might notice Raivi wearing a Sphere Dev shirt this year), it's never actually worked but was just a cover for internal spies to have an excuse why fleet comps were constantly leaked, not just in the AT but on TQ in general fights. A long time ago devs even got trolled into thinking sphere was real based purely on monekysphere's posting, so don't feel bad that you got caught as well.


The Sphere is an exaggeration used to damage control the use of python injection.

Client side python injection is not a troll even if the sphere is. A lot of what was possible, including the subject of this thread, has been quietly patched out over time but you can still use injections for autopilot to 0 and automatic probing amongst other things. However, CCP don't want to publicly admit how vulnerable their client was, and still is, so don't feel bad that you don't know what you are talking about.


I'm happy to admit issues and state how we're dealing with them. I don't do so in response to passive aggressive lamentations however. Nobody is or has been scared to admit anything. I can tell you that injection is a problem. It's a Windows problem. We're dealing with it and have been and continue to break it down over time.

The reason you don't see much feedback from us in this regard is that we can't discuss the details of what or how we're dealing with security related issues.

You go ahead and inject and we'll see how long it takes to end it.


Stop developing for Windows. Problem solved. I look forward to a real Mac and a Android client.
CCP Sreegs
CCP Retirement Home
#78 - 2012-06-20 01:52:21 UTC
Marcel Devereux wrote:
CCP Sreegs wrote:
Cannery Canoule wrote:
michael boltonIII wrote:
Sphere is a troll (you might notice Raivi wearing a Sphere Dev shirt this year), it's never actually worked but was just a cover for internal spies to have an excuse why fleet comps were constantly leaked, not just in the AT but on TQ in general fights. A long time ago devs even got trolled into thinking sphere was real based purely on monekysphere's posting, so don't feel bad that you got caught as well.


The Sphere is an exaggeration used to damage control the use of python injection.

Client side python injection is not a troll even if the sphere is. A lot of what was possible, including the subject of this thread, has been quietly patched out over time but you can still use injections for autopilot to 0 and automatic probing amongst other things. However, CCP don't want to publicly admit how vulnerable their client was, and still is, so don't feel bad that you don't know what you are talking about.


I'm happy to admit issues and state how we're dealing with them. I don't do so in response to passive aggressive lamentations however. Nobody is or has been scared to admit anything. I can tell you that injection is a problem. It's a Windows problem. We're dealing with it and have been and continue to break it down over time.

The reason you don't see much feedback from us in this regard is that we can't discuss the details of what or how we're dealing with security related issues.

You go ahead and inject and we'll see how long it takes to end it.


Stop developing for Windows. Problem solved. I look forward to a real Mac and a Android client.


install linux

"Sreegs has juuust edged out Soundwave as my favourite dev." - Meita Way 2012

Marcel Devereux
Aideron Robotics
#79 - 2012-06-20 02:07:36 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:
Marcel Devereux wrote:
CCP Sreegs wrote:
Cannery Canoule wrote:
michael boltonIII wrote:
Sphere is a troll (you might notice Raivi wearing a Sphere Dev shirt this year), it's never actually worked but was just a cover for internal spies to have an excuse why fleet comps were constantly leaked, not just in the AT but on TQ in general fights. A long time ago devs even got trolled into thinking sphere was real based purely on monekysphere's posting, so don't feel bad that you got caught as well.


The Sphere is an exaggeration used to damage control the use of python injection.

Client side python injection is not a troll even if the sphere is. A lot of what was possible, including the subject of this thread, has been quietly patched out over time but you can still use injections for autopilot to 0 and automatic probing amongst other things. However, CCP don't want to publicly admit how vulnerable their client was, and still is, so don't feel bad that you don't know what you are talking about.


I'm happy to admit issues and state how we're dealing with them. I don't do so in response to passive aggressive lamentations however. Nobody is or has been scared to admit anything. I can tell you that injection is a problem. It's a Windows problem. We're dealing with it and have been and continue to break it down over time.

The reason you don't see much feedback from us in this regard is that we can't discuss the details of what or how we're dealing with security related issues.

You go ahead and inject and we'll see how long it takes to end it.


Stop developing for Windows. Problem solved. I look forward to a real Mac and a Android client.


install linux


Then we are in agreement. I look forward to your Android port.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2012-06-20 02:56:01 UTC
83% of eve players use windows... so... good luck with that

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg