These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

DPS/Ammo Type for Incursions ???

Author
Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-10-03 14:38:41 UTC
I'm gearing up for Incursions, and I'm almost there. Need to know what DPS type and/or ammo to use.

I'm running a shield tanked Mach with T2 autocannons. Some have said to use Titanium Sabot due to tracking bonus and no range penalty. With Titanium Sabot I can single shot (one gun - not single volley) belt ratz at about 20km or even less. Others say go with EM as range is almost never an issue. So the real question in my mind is what DPS/ammo type will the FC expect me to show up with ? Should I have an array of types ready to go to satisfy variable requirements ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer !
Goose99
#2 - 2011-10-03 16:02:37 UTC
RF EM/Fusion/Phased Plasma. Fit armor, 2 webs, 3 TCs with tracking scripts.
xVx dreadnaught
Space Telentics Systems Inc
#3 - 2011-10-04 09:45:26 UTC
Incursion NPC's have insane omni-tanks. All res are equal. The missiles are Banshee torps (dealing really high 50/50 split of kin/exp) The lasers deal therm/em (again 50/50 split of damage)

Damage type of ammo isn't an issue. Usually they burn in close. So highest damage (phased, emp, fusion) are preferred. Although in some sites the NPC's spawn at distance and come in closer, they cover the gap really quickly and so longer range ammo doesn't really prove effective. (except of course for crystals)
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2011-10-04 13:52:23 UTC
Depends if you're going to compete with other fleets in the OTA and NMC.
If you are going to compete in those sites, then long range would be (60 km) adequate.

Else in vanguards, expect anything to be within 25 km (unless your ore dropper gets attacked at the NMC and is far away from fleet. etc. etc.)
Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-10-05 16:24:51 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
Depends if you're going to compete with other fleets in the OTA and NMC.
If you are going to compete in those sites, then long range would be (60 km) adequate.

Else in vanguards, expect anything to be within 25 km (unless your ore dropper gets attacked at the NMC and is far away from fleet. etc. etc.)

Thank you all for your input so far !

Please correct my thinking, but since I am new to Incursions and I don't know what OTA and NMC are anyways, I was thinking that I will only do VG's to start with. If that is an acceptable start-up strategy, then can I assume that the consensus is to use any high DPS, range limited Faction ammo, namely, Phased Plasma, EM, Fusion ?
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#6 - 2011-10-05 17:18:39 UTC
Urgg Boolean wrote:
Ammzi wrote:
Depends if you're going to compete with other fleets in the OTA and NMC.
If you are going to compete in those sites, then long range would be (60 km) adequate.

Else in vanguards, expect anything to be within 25 km (unless your ore dropper gets attacked at the NMC and is far away from fleet. etc. etc.)

Thank you all for your input so far !

Please correct my thinking, but since I am new to Incursions and I don't know what OTA and NMC are anyways, I was thinking that I will only do VG's to start with. If that is an acceptable start-up strategy, then can I assume that the consensus is to use any high DPS, range limited Faction ammo, namely, Phased Plasma, EM, Fusion ?


Vanguard systems contain the following sites: OTA, NMC, NCO.
That's what I meant :p

Override Transfer Array
Nation Mining Colony
Nation Commander Outpost.

Smeghammer
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2011-10-06 13:52:01 UTC
Was actually looking for a thread like this..

I'm currently flying a megathron (Moving to a cheap navy mega that corpmate is selling soon), and then to a vindicator. I'm currently running a full set of meta4 neutrons, and unsure of what ammo type to use. I've had little trouble using Tungsten to get the range to hit some of the further out targets, though only to about 30k.

Would using a shorter range ammo to increase my DPS be worth the range loss?
Skills(and thus, range) are still open to improve a little, but currently have 15.3k optimal and 18.7k falloff.(w/Tungsten) For VGs, this does perfectly well, and I could see the utility of a shorter range ammo there, but I also run assaults, where you get a lot more targets that don't run right up to the fleet.

If you say go another weapon.. I like this setup, I'm keeping it, though I do have a rail refit in my hold.

Smeg
Goose99
#8 - 2011-10-06 17:33:55 UTC
Null
Smeghammer
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2011-10-06 18:21:36 UTC
Goose99 wrote:
Null


Thank you for helping by suggesting an ammo type I cannot use. Null is some two months away if I train purely for T2 large blasters, and I have other things that need to be trained.
syphurous
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-10-07 01:44:34 UTC
Sounds more like you are attempting to fly a ship you cant max out.

Use Fed Navy Antimatter.
Grideris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-10-07 04:39:09 UTC
syphurous wrote:
Sounds more like you are attempting to fly a ship you cant max out.

Use Fed Navy Antimatter.


Antimatter with Range tracking scripts. Though once you can use Null, use it and never look back.

http://www.dust514.org - the unofficial forum for everything DUST 514 http://www.dust514base.com -** the** blog site with everything else DUST 514 you need

Cambarus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-10-07 05:36:32 UTC
Grideris wrote:
syphurous wrote:
Sounds more like you are attempting to fly a ship you cant max out.

Use Fed Navy Antimatter.


Antimatter with Range tracking scripts. Though once you can use Null, use it and never look back.

For vanguards? Eww.
Smeghammer
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2011-10-07 20:10:11 UTC
Cambarus wrote:
Grideris wrote:
syphurous wrote:
Sounds more like you are attempting to fly a ship you cant max out.

Use Fed Navy Antimatter.


Antimatter with Range tracking scripts. Though once you can use Null, use it and never look back.


For vanguards? Eww.


Vanguards are no real issue, I'll probably end up using standard Lead charges in them, all my blasterthron does in a VG is melt whatever gets webbed, which it will do quite nicely regardless of the ammunition.

The main thing is Assault sites, where I'm really trying to maximize my DPS to help the fleet get through the sites faster. I'd use tracking scripts if a Mega had more than 4 mid slots(which are being used for tank, and I'm still considered kinda squishy), but just how far can you hit for good DPS with Antimatter? I'm not terribly familiar with the falloff damage curve.

Using Null is definitely the plan once I can, until i get me hands on the LOLshiny fit that I set up for a vindicator.. Let's just say 3 things about it:

1) the Damage control & rigs are the only things not faction/officer
2) It will never go on autopilot
3) It will likely never happen.
JackStraw56
Run Like an Antelope
#14 - 2011-10-08 15:21:10 UTC
Smeghammer wrote:
just how far can you hit for good DPS with Antimatter? I'm not terribly familiar with the falloff damage curve.

You should download EFT ( http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=548883 ) if you don't already have it and make a DPS graph to see what your falloff curve looks like exactly.