These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Why do Women choose Female Avatars?

Author
Headerman1
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-06-06 01:50:34 UTC
To me it seems freakishly weird for a female to run around in a virtual universe with the identity of a hot looking woman...

Maybe it's just my upbringing in an older and now outdated world but it just seems to me like playing dress up on a Saturday night and trolling the seamier parts of town.

....
No offense to the irl TV community,,, carry on as you are in peace and love.

H
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-06-06 01:51:57 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#3 - 2012-06-06 01:56:54 UTC
Ok, the 2nd one of these was kinda funny, but this is just asking to have all of them locked. Roll

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#4 - 2012-06-06 01:57:08 UTC
Most female gamers I know play male characters. Lonely nerd attention can get old.
Headerman1
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-06-06 01:58:31 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Most female gamers I know play male characters. Lonely nerd attention can get old.


Sounds like we need a fourth thread...
Nyreanya
Serenity Labs
#6 - 2012-06-06 01:59:47 UTC
I think we established this one in the other thread: They're raging lesbians who had horrific childhoods and are secretly trying to undermine your children's sexuality.
Obviously.

[/sarcasm]

Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-06-06 02:00:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Natsett Amuinn
Headerman1 wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Most female gamers I know play male characters. Lonely nerd attention can get old.


Sounds like we need a fourth thread...


Maybe a why do male/ female players play characters that look asexual/ transgender?

PS, perhaps grumpy monkey should start that thread. Can you tell what sex it is, I can't.
Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#8 - 2012-06-06 02:04:13 UTC
Nyreanya wrote:
I think we established this one in the other thread: They're raging lesbians who had horrific childhoods and are secretly trying to undermine your children's sexuality.
Obviously.

I... I thought I was the only one.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#9 - 2012-06-06 02:09:56 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4


http://www.youtube.com/Madagascar3Movie - followed the ad; never saw your vid. I like this one though. Big smile
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#10 - 2012-06-06 02:13:10 UTC
Because I wanted to?

Maybe I'm missing something... maybe its a troll that went over my head.
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#11 - 2012-06-06 03:47:54 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
PS, perhaps grumpy monkey should start that thread. Can you tell what sex it is, I can't.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-06-06 07:11:15 UTC
Not all of us play women.

Hello, hello again.

Galega Ori
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-06-06 07:21:15 UTC
Women play EVE Shocked

I'd say that if you take every female avatar in game and had a face to face talk with them in RL you'd most often here a deep manly voice instead of a womans. scaryUgh

Lol

CCP Eterne: Silly Player, ALL devs are evil.

Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#14 - 2012-06-06 08:26:43 UTC
We're not done yet. I still haven't seen a "Why do people of European descent choose Asian-looking avatars?"
Any volunteers?

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Headerman1
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-06-06 08:32:09 UTC
Grumpymunky wrote:
We're not done yet. I still haven't seen a "Why do people of European descent choose Asian-looking avatars?"
Any volunteers?


"Where is my tentacle monster avatar?!" to follow after that!