These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

solo pvp, vindicaor or machariel

Author
eien mirai
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-05-17 20:42:53 UTC
both cost over 1 billion to isk. both are gallente/minmatar ships. both are battleships. my main question is which one would do better for solo pvp? i like them both and both require the same skills. i like projectiles much more, but i am more than willing to use blasters if they would be more efficient. i also see that the vinny has 25 more bandwidth for drones. is this significant enough to choose over the mach?
Orlacc
#2 - 2012-05-17 20:59:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Orlacc
I like the Mach. But that being said, whom do you expect to nab in a solo BS? I tried with a Mael way back and it was fail at best.

And yes. More drones, if you have T2, is a good thing.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

eien mirai
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-05-17 21:01:14 UTC
i havent done solo pvp in a BS but i have been told by more than a few people that its viable. was i mislead? or should i just make sure someone in a battlecruiser is with me or something
Dibblerette
Solitude-Industries
#4 - 2012-05-17 21:41:39 UTC
eien mirai wrote:
i havent done solo pvp in a BS but i have been told by more than a few people that its viable. was i mislead? or should i just make sure someone in a battlecruiser is with me or something

A solo PvP BS can be done, but prepare to get ganged up on heavily. Everyone wants a faction BS kill, it's almost like a capital. That said, I would suggest the Mach simply because you can fight outside of web and scram range, so if they bring backup, you just overheat a cycle of MWD, break point and leave. Vindi has to get up close and personal to apply all of it's dps, which means you kind of go all in every fight.

And 25mb of drones is not worth losing a billion isk hull. You shouldn't be using all of it in one go anyways. I'd have a set of hammerheads, warrior IIs and light ECM drones, never heavies or sentries.
Starrakatt
Celtic Anarchy
Dead Terrorists
#5 - 2012-05-17 21:47:38 UTC
What kind of PvP?

Gate and station camping, I'd say Vindie is better, since it's a 'In your face action, (Massive dps Blasters/Webs) kind of PvP.

Fights over planets/moons/roid belts/deadspace then I would say the Mach, since once they are pointed you can kite them to death and they can't de-agress and jump/dock.

That being said - You still need to actually lock and point them BEFORE they just warp off. P

Vordak Kallager
Eurotrash
Blue Eyes and Exodia Toon Duelist Kingdom Duelers
#6 - 2012-05-17 21:53:42 UTC
Watch Gods Coldblood for awesome Vindicator solo stuff, he is on youtube.

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Arch Stanton's Neighbour
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#7 - 2012-05-17 23:56:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Arch Stanton's Neighbour
If you're roaming in unfamiliar territory the mach because as said it has much more mobility making it easier to disengage. For that reason it is more limited in the targets it can take though.

The vindi however with 90% webs can take on even frigate gangs but your only option for disengagement is deagressing and jumping/docking because you fight at point blank. So I would only use it solo in situations that I had enough intel or awareness to know I wont get blobbed and may commit to a fight I'll either win or die.

Both can tank about 1000 dps with 1 bil in fittings and exile/blue pill booster.
eien mirai
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-05-18 04:20:54 UTC
okay, i havent done null sec pvp and in all honesty im nervous for it. im flying a myrm and im gonna get a lot more pvp experience before i risk anything spendy. but it pretty much seems like the vinny is more for an all out, balls to the wall fight and the mach has a bit more cautious survivability. thank you]
Xuse Senna
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#9 - 2012-05-18 08:08:24 UTC
Most ppl running Solo BS are running links

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7501/mindgamesceptionfinaldr.jpg

ApollonicShadow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-05-18 10:05:10 UTC
Vordak Kallager wrote:
Watch Gods Coldblood for awesome Vindicator solo stuff, he is on youtube.


How on Earth have I not seen that video before... Awesome stuff!!
Dradius Calvantia
Wolfbane ltd
#11 - 2012-05-18 11:03:06 UTC
First off, either of those ships are going to run you closer to 4 bil after fitting. Second, if you do not understand the differences between them, the situations they should be used for, and the limitations of what they can do you have no business even thinking about flying them yet.

Pirate faction battleships (and especially solo pirate faction battleships) are for pilots who have a wealth of experience to draw upon. Even then, they are very rarely the right tool for the job.

PS: Those awesome PVP videos you see of a vindi soloing 30 guys are in most cases a 100% max skilled pilot with an officer fit, high grade pirate implants, top tier drugs, and T3 links fighting the absolute worst pilots you can find in the game. Even with all that expense, they die 20 times trying to get the one fight to put on youtube. I can not count how many players with no combat experience fly down to Syndicate and lose multi-billion isk ships within minutes because they think that they can take on anything just like in the videos.
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-05-18 11:46:32 UTC
Dradius Calvantia wrote:
First off, either of those ships are going to run you closer to 4 bil after fitting. Second, if you do not understand the differences between them, the situations they should be used for, and the limitations of what they can do you have no business even thinking about flying them yet.

Pirate faction battleships (and especially solo pirate faction battleships) are for pilots who have a wealth of experience to draw upon. Even then, they are very rarely the right tool for the job.

PS: Those awesome PVP videos you see of a vindi soloing 30 guys are in most cases a 100% max skilled pilot with an officer fit, high grade pirate implants, top tier drugs, and T3 links fighting the absolute worst pilots you can find in the game. Even with all that expense, they die 20 times trying to get the one fight to put on youtube. I can not count how many players with no combat experience fly down to Syndicate and lose multi-billion isk ships within minutes because they think that they can take on anything just like in the videos.


!!!! shhhhsh they might hear you !!!! Twisted

No Worries

eien mirai
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-05-19 01:29:48 UTC
i guess it would have been nice for you to read the part where i said in the long term, as in no where near now. i dont plan on flying one of those for a long ass time. and i do understand the difference in how they are used, i was asking which one people preferred for solo pvp and why. if you would have read the ******* question then you wouldnt have needed to waste your time telling me **** that i, and everyone else, already know.
Azura Solus
Rules of Acquisition
#14 - 2012-05-19 04:42:58 UTC
For solo Pvp if your willing to spend it get you a high grade crystal set, A loki OGB, and a Nicely fitted !00mn tengu and have some fun! But In mach vs Vindi If your willing to put the money in em id go with Vindi!
eien mirai
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-05-19 06:18:47 UTC
i like the slave set bonus or armor. a plate and some armor rigs make some pretty amazing EHP
Danny John-Peter
The Congregation
HIDDEN LEAF VILLAGE NINJA AssAssIn SQUAD eSports
#16 - 2012-05-22 13:01:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Danny John-Peter
Start with a Nano tempest if you want solo BS action (flys kind of like a Mach), then move onto the Mac when you are experienced with them;

[Tempest, Nano]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Warp Disruptor II
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Prototype 100MN MicroWarpdrive I

800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I


Valkyrie II x5
DirtyDozen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-05-22 13:17:42 UTC
Danny John-Peter wrote:
Start with a Nano tempest if you want solo BS action (flys kind of like a Mach), then move onto the Mac when you are experienced with them;

[Tempest, Nano]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Warp Disruptor II
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Prototype 100MN MicroWarpdrive I

800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Barrage L
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I


Valkyrie II x5


I was going to say the same thing. Use this as mach training. Also, get a dual rep mega if you're wanting to go the vindi route. GL
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#18 - 2012-05-22 13:31:42 UTC
eien mirai wrote:
both cost over 1 billion to isk. both are gallente/minmatar ships. both are battleships. my main question is which one would do better for solo pvp? i like them both and both require the same skills. i like projectiles much more, but i am more than willing to use blasters if they would be more efficient. i also see that the vinny has 25 more bandwidth for drones. is this significant enough to choose over the mach?
Lose 10 fregates in solo pvp
Then lose 10 cruisers/bcs in solo pvp
Then lose 10 T1 battleships in solo pvp

And ask again. But at this point, you'll find it yourself.

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Homo Jesus
The LGBT Last Supper
#19 - 2012-05-22 14:53:35 UTC
Neither one is all that great until you fit them top to bottom with the best faction, deadspace and officer mods you can afford. Oh yeah, if you can't use T2 drones just get the navy ones they're just as good if not much better. Once that bad boy is worth about 5 billion you will be king of the low sec asteroid belts.
Danny John-Peter
The Congregation
HIDDEN LEAF VILLAGE NINJA AssAssIn SQUAD eSports
#20 - 2012-05-22 15:30:17 UTC
Homo Jesus wrote:
Neither one is all that great until you fit them top to bottom with the best faction, deadspace and officer mods you can afford. Oh yeah, if you can't use T2 drones just get the navy ones they're just as good if not much better. Once that bad boy is worth about 5 billion you will be king of the low sec asteroid belts.


I hope to god your trolling
123Next page