These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Remember the old eve font? guess what!! lol!

First post
Author
NickyYo
StarHug
#1 - 2012-05-13 01:04:14 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
So i quit a while a back due to the EvE FONT change, it made the game look like a childs blog..
I've been back for 2 weeks and just realised that CCP you changed the FONT back HAHAhaha.

So, i just want to take this opportunity to say i told you so 'Tippia' and the rest of you clowns who trashed my thread a while back!
you see those kind of people trash any thread they come across, because thats there only way to interact is to be negative, otherwise they cannot make a coverstation in real life!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=433750#post433750

..

Galadriel Vasquez
Project Omega Industries
Evictus.
#2 - 2012-05-13 01:10:58 UTC
U mad bro? I actually agree with most of what Tippia says.

I have tin foil hat trained to 5.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#3 - 2012-05-13 01:11:48 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
I've been back for 2 weeks and just realised that CCP you changed the FONT back HAHAhaha.
Eh, no. No, they haven't.
MoeJoe Green
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-05-13 01:12:56 UTC  |  Edited by: MoeJoe Green
That really made your day huh?

Amazing that you can remember such stuff for six months... must have really pissed you off...

I didn't realize that they changed the fonts back however
Gahagan
White Moon Aeronautics
#5 - 2012-05-13 01:13:49 UTC
You quit because they changed the font? I...what?
NickyYo
StarHug
#6 - 2012-05-13 01:16:10 UTC
Gahagan wrote:
You quit because they changed the font? I...what?

Yes, i don't know if you remember but it was unplayable! i cringed everytime i logged on.

..

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#7 - 2012-05-13 01:17:06 UTC
I'm not flaming you here, but, quitting the game because the font change made it "look like a childs [sic] blog"? Really? Are you one of those people who stops being friends with someone because you don't like their new haircut?

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-05-13 01:17:38 UTC
but.... they didn't. you're crazy.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#9 - 2012-05-13 01:17:44 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Yes, i don't know if you remember but it was unplayable! i cringed everytime i logged on.
…and now you got used to it almost instantly. Strange that, what with it being so supposedly unreadable and all.
NickyYo
StarHug
#10 - 2012-05-13 01:19:40 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
Tippia wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
Yes, i don't know if you remember but it was unplayable! i cringed everytime i logged on.
…and now you got used to it almost instantly. Strange that, what with it being so supposedly unreadable and all.


Nope they def changed something back, i remember the text being out of proportion on everything maybee they changed it back and you didn't notice.

Because it is definitely different from when i remember back then.

Can a CCP employee confirm they changed something with the font back from the day they released the patch with the font change. I remember all the market windows being screwd up because of it too, now its not. Please please settle this matter.
TY

..

Mandy Stafford
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-05-13 01:22:23 UTC
Bahahahaha, you don't even know how wrong you are.
Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-05-13 01:24:25 UTC
Yes, I also hate being able to read things.
Iamien
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-05-13 01:24:27 UTC
Do not feed NickyYo he starts threads daily on the most inflammatory of topics he can think of.
NickyYo
StarHug
#14 - 2012-05-13 01:54:46 UTC
Iamien wrote:
Do not feed NickyYo he starts threads daily on the most inflammatory of topics he can think of.


Well that is rich coming from a goon pet...
And this thread is sound, all i need now is a CCP employee to confirm im correct so your trolls can GTFO.

..

Darkcoro
Neotech Industries
Tau Ceti Alliance
#15 - 2012-05-13 02:17:51 UTC
Sorry bud, but they have not actually changed it back. Yes, they have fixed some spacing issues, but it is still the "new" font, not the old one. For an example, go to your client and type O 0 (Capital o and Zero) they look different, which they did not in the old font. :) G and 6 is another good example.
NickyYo
StarHug
#16 - 2012-05-13 02:23:03 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
Darkcoro wrote:
Sorry bud, but they have not actually changed it back. Yes, they have fixed some spacing issues, but it is still the "new" font, not the old one. For an example, go to your client and type O 0 (Capital o and Zero) they look different, which they did not in the old font. :) G and 6 is another good example.


But they did make changes right? They (changed it back + made changes) because it sucked which makes my first post valid and correct.

..

Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#17 - 2012-05-13 02:25:49 UTC
Well, no. They didn't change anything back. The font is as per when you rage-quit.

However, this IS interesting......I wonder if CCP might say "working as intended."

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Jacob Stiller
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-05-13 02:26:49 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Darkcoro wrote:
Sorry bud, but they have not actually changed it back. Yes, they have fixed some spacing issues, but it is still the "new" font, not the old one. For an example, go to your client and type O 0 (Capital o and Zero) they look different, which they did not in the old font. :) G and 6 is another good example.


But they did make changes right? They (changed it back + made changes) because it sucked which makes my first post valid and correct.


No, they didn't "change it back." Rather, they refined the new font further.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#19 - 2012-05-13 02:30:15 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Darkcoro wrote:
Sorry bud, but they have not actually changed it back. Yes, they have fixed some spacing issues, but it is still the "new" font, not the old one. For an example, go to your client and type O 0 (Capital o and Zero) they look different, which they did not in the old font. :) G and 6 is another good example.


But they did make changes right? They (changed it back + made changes) because it sucked which makes my first post valid and correct.


nice try, but you're gonna need a bigger crowbar to get your foot out of your mouth this time
TWHC Assistant
#20 - 2012-05-13 02:32:14 UTC  |  Edited by: TWHC Assistant
NickyYo wrote:
Nope they def changed something back, i remember the text being out of proportion on everything maybee they changed it back and you didn't notice.

They have made several changes to font sizes and font scaling. It would not surprise me if the next three patches made further adjustments to it still. It is work-in-progress. A font can appear very different from one size to the next. Only a moron will however insist on telling you that nothing has changed. You know the type...

The price history chart still uses the Arial font for the axes and is the only text that has not been given the new fonts.
123Next pageLast page