These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Shield implants?

First post
Author
Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-05-05 08:20:09 UTC
As for thread name , could CCP please seed the shield amount implants into sisi , i mean they should have been alredy been in tranq , but they arent anywere found thanks.
Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-05-07 10:22:28 UTC
So any news ?They were supposed to be on inferno..
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2012-05-07 13:05:21 UTC
Give me item names and I'll check if they're in our seeding script.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-05-07 19:20:01 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Give me item names and I'll check if they're in our seeding script.



That is the thing i donĀ“t know their names ;( , supposedly they were being seedead to give shild supers the same tank as with the slaves.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#5 - 2012-05-07 20:48:07 UTC
Where are you getting this rumor from? I've heard lots of people asking for shield Slaves, but I've never seen any official announcement from CCP about them, and I think it would have made a decent splash if there was a real announcement.
Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-05-07 21:22:03 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Where are you getting this rumor from? I've heard lots of people asking for shield Slaves, but I've never seen any official announcement from CCP about them, and I think it would have made a decent splash if there was a real announcement.


I will try to find the DEv quote .
Emmerik
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-05-08 11:53:50 UTC
Heard of this a long long time ago, but I dont think CCP is going to add a Shield implant set to the game...
as with the A-Type invulls most shield capitals have more then enough EHP now
Alex Tremayne
Lyrus Associates
The Star Fraction
#8 - 2012-05-08 13:38:44 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Where are you getting this rumor from? I've heard lots of people asking for shield Slaves, but I've never seen any official announcement from CCP about them, and I think it would have made a decent splash if there was a real announcement.


From this post regarding the capital ship balancing a few months ago, I've highlighted the relevant section:

CCP Tallest wrote:
I also want to tell you that there are other very valid concerns that we will be looking into, but they will not make it into the November release. We don't have the solutions to all of these, but as I said, we will to try to find solutions to these issues after the November release.

* Shield leadership bonus should work like an armor bonus and not require recharging shields after every jump.
* Capital ships cyno bumping/bouncing issue.
* XL missiles explosion radius and explosion velocity.
* There needs to be a shield HP implant set as a counterbalance to the Slave set.
* There needs to be a remote shield boost implant like the 'Gentry' ZEX2000 is for armor.
* There need to be deadspace shield invulnerability fields equivalent to the A-Type EANM modules.


There is a later post from Tallest in the same thread advocating an armour version of the Crystal set to go with the shield version of the Slave set, to keep balance.
Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-05-08 17:17:28 UTC
Alex Tremayne wrote:
mxzf wrote:
Where are you getting this rumor from? I've heard lots of people asking for shield Slaves, but I've never seen any official announcement from CCP about them, and I think it would have made a decent splash if there was a real announcement.


From this post regarding the capital ship balancing a few months ago, I've highlighted the relevant section:

CCP Tallest wrote:
I also want to tell you that there are other very valid concerns that we will be looking into, but they will not make it into the November release. We don't have the solutions to all of these, but as I said, we will to try to find solutions to these issues after the November release.

* Shield leadership bonus should work like an armor bonus and not require recharging shields after every jump.
* Capital ships cyno bumping/bouncing issue.
* XL missiles explosion radius and explosion velocity.
* There needs to be a shield HP implant set as a counterbalance to the Slave set.
* There needs to be a remote shield boost implant like the 'Gentry' ZEX2000 is for armor.
* There need to be deadspace shield invulnerability fields equivalent to the A-Type EANM modules.


There is a later post from Tallest in the same thread advocating an armour version of the Crystal set to go with the shield version of the Slave set, to keep balance.


That is the one thanks mate , well i tougth they were done already , they arent , probablly wont get them so soon .
Izuru Hishido
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-05-08 18:16:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Izuru Hishido
About this...why not just change crystals back to their original bonuses, which were identical to the slave set before CCP changed them to boost amount?

Edit: Oh, and to further my tirade against supers, no pirate implant set should affect a super of any kind. There, that'd 'balance' them very quickly.
Alex Tremayne
Lyrus Associates
The Star Fraction
#11 - 2012-05-09 10:02:07 UTC
Izuru Hishido wrote:
About this...why not just change crystals back to their original bonuses, which were identical to the slave set before CCP changed them to boost amount?


Can you imagine the whining from the mission-running-CNR contingent? We'd drown in tears. Shocked

Izuru Hishido wrote:
Edit: Oh, and to further my tirade against supers, no pirate implant set should affect a super of any kind. There, that'd 'balance' them very quickly.


I don't mind either way on this to be honest. I would like a shield tank equivalent of the Slave set, but I want it for use on sub-capital ships rather than capitals.
Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-05-09 10:57:02 UTC
Izuru Hishido wrote:
About this...why not just change crystals back to their original bonuses, which were identical to the slave set before CCP changed them to boost amount?

Edit: Oh, and to further my tirade against supers, no pirate implant set should affect a super of any kind. There, that'd 'balance' them very quickly.



This isnt a thread about balancing , it was just a question to if they were releasing a certain module.
Perihelion Olenard
#13 - 2012-05-09 11:15:15 UTC
So, they were planning to give shield two implant sets while armor gets one just to balance capital ships? How would that have been even remotely fair? An active armor tanking implant set better be introduced to offset it, then.
Iteken Hotori
The Flowing Penguins
#14 - 2012-05-09 11:21:35 UTC
Come On.
Passive Shield tanking is already exceptionally powerful.
Adding a set that gives +50% shields would push it beyond ridiculous.
Alex Tremayne
Lyrus Associates
The Star Fraction
#15 - 2012-05-09 12:20:08 UTC
Perihelion Olenard wrote:
So, they were planning to give shield two implant sets while armor gets one just to balance capital ships? How would that have been even remotely fair? An active armor tanking implant set better be introduced to offset it, then.


No.

If you re-read the first post I made in this thread, you'll see that I mentioned that CCP Tallest wanted to introduce a shield version of the Slave set and an armour version of the Crystal set. It's just that very few people care about the armour version of the Crystal set because active tanking is next to useless in PvP.
Lili Lu
#16 - 2012-05-09 22:25:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Lili Lu
Alex Tremayne wrote:
Perihelion Olenard wrote:
So, they were planning to give shield two implant sets while armor gets one just to balance capital ships? How would that have been even remotely fair? An active armor tanking implant set better be introduced to offset it, then.


No.

If you re-read the first post I made in this thread, you'll see that I mentioned that CCP Tallest wanted to introduce a shield version of the Slave set and an armour version of the Crystal set. It's just that very few people care about the armour version of the Crystal set because active tanking is next to useless in PvP.

No.

It is wishful thinking on yours and others part to infer that any Dev "wanted" to introduce shield slaves and armor crystals. The above quote was simply responding to the player comments in the thread and listing the themes of the player comments and saying they would "look into it."

This all had to do with complaints about shield supercraps not able to sport the same buffer that slaved armor supercraps could. A legitimate complaint, but one that could be easily fixed to preclude slaves from applying to capital ships.

Iteken Hotori wrote:
Come On.
Passive Shield tanking is already exceptionally powerful.
Adding a set that gives +50% shields would push it beyond ridiculous.


Yes, precisely.

And it is for this reason I doubt we will ever see shield slaves. Or if we do they will probably nerf shield regen to 0%, otherwise they would make even more ridiculous passive shield tanks on BC hulls (assuming the native BC shield regen stats aren't corrected off of their presently skewed state) or on ships like Rattlesnakes/Gilas.
Missile War
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-05-09 22:42:29 UTC
Lili Lu wrote:
Alex Tremayne wrote:
Perihelion Olenard wrote:
So, they were planning to give shield two implant sets while armor gets one just to balance capital ships? How would that have been even remotely fair? An active armor tanking implant set better be introduced to offset it, then.


No.

If you re-read the first post I made in this thread, you'll see that I mentioned that CCP Tallest wanted to introduce a shield version of the Slave set and an armour version of the Crystal set. It's just that very few people care about the armour version of the Crystal set because active tanking is next to useless in PvP.

No.

It is wishful thinking on yours and others part to infer that any Dev "wanted" to introduce shield slaves and armor crystals. The above quote was simply responding to the player comments in the thread and listing the themes of the player comments and saying they would "look into it."

This all had to do with complaints about shield supercraps not able to sport the same buffer that slaved armor supercraps could. A legitimate complaint, but one that could be easily fixed to preclude slaves from applying to capital ships.

Iteken Hotori wrote:
Come On.
Passive Shield tanking is already exceptionally powerful.
Adding a set that gives +50% shields would push it beyond ridiculous.


Yes, precisely.

And it is for this reason I doubt we will ever see shield slaves. Or if we do they will probably nerf shield regen to 0%, otherwise they would make even more ridiculous passive shield tanks on BC hulls (assuming the native BC shield regen stats aren't corrected off of their presently skewed state) or on ships like Rattlesnakes/Gilas.


It's only a few ships that are good in shield tanking with buffer while almost every armor tanking ship is pretty decent at it. And yes, shield supercapitals got a worse buffer than armor buffer overall(Also less spots for EW without sacrificing much needed tank)
MastahFR
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-05-10 00:54:17 UTC
If no shield implant will go live has promised CPP, then the Hel need to be boost somehow. This ship is still a sh*t brick flying, that no one want to buy, fly or manufacture.

I'm waiting on your feedback CCP.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-05-10 02:42:57 UTC
I'd be equally for removing slave implant's affects on capital ships, or adding shield slaves that affect capital ships.

Or maybe even adding shield slaves that don't affect capital ships and remove slave's affects on capital ships.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)