These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Why force your play style on others?

Author
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#61 - 2012-05-04 07:00:58 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Why force your play style on others?


Because I can.

Why play EVE otherwise?

Malcanis you of all people are no pirate...you're as pathetic as the others. If you were as badarse as you think you are you'd be tearing up the kill boards and raking in the loots. :)


he supports the vision and the essence of the game. Even if he doesn't play every role you can play in eve, he loves that he plays a game that allows for so many professions and play styles to exist. Go play a one player game. Or a game like guild wars 2. It's great I swear, awesome PvP, great PvE area, fun boss battles, real , whatever I don't need to advertise it, my point is guildwars 2 is not a sandbox, but it's also a good game, so if you don't like playing eve online, don't play it. There are other good MMOs!


I support people blowing crap up. I want them to blow stuff up. It is how industrialist and miners make their living. You and the others of null and low sec have tons of space and lots of things to blow up, but instead of fighting it out amongst yourselves, because that would be to hard and difficult and go against the games design, you instead take out your angst on new players and or players that don't wish to partake in your game of who has the biggest virtual e-peons.


She just doesn't want people to blow up her stuff, because she is a special snowflake whose feelings would possibly be hurt by the loss of her ship. Guys, please don't shoot her, it would be mean. Go play on the slide instead of being mean to the girl sitting in the corner playing by herself.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#62 - 2012-05-04 07:06:22 UTC
Still waiting for those "Malcanis is a badarse" links btw.



No pressure.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#63 - 2012-05-04 07:06:47 UTC
Sri Nova wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

I disagree. I think the people that wanted null sec got it and when they got it they discovered it was boring as **** and or they had to kowtow down to some ******* of a corp leader and be at the persons beck and call all the time and that created a lot of angst. Face it...null and low sec are broke because the players broke it. To many arseholes play in null and low sec and because they can't get their rocks off in null and low sec any longer, they decide to move back into high sec to just be the griefers they are and have always been.


Oh it is very true that the players are to blame .

The players in high sec who hole up and have unintentionally forced CCP to change their vision of the game .

The players in low sec that made low sec into the wretch that is now.

The players in null sec have tried to make utopias but the mechanics are not there. the players could try harder but it always fails, ends up in civil war, or becomes overrun so yeah, it still comes down to the players (but they could use a lil more help from CCP) .

However lets not forget the players in high sec also effect the game, when a majority of them decide to hole up in high sec this creates a major shift in game play . One cannot expect no ramifications. (this very fact is pivotal as to why their is so much angst)

CCP is torn on the issue as well they introduced npc corp taxes to push people out, and into player corps. With the end result anticipated that more people would end up in null . Yet they introduce incursions to add more content into high sec.

A strong high sec makes for a weaker null and until this is resolved you will have issues. Many of the people in null are not hateful greifers they are the people trying to play the original vision of eve .

And the more that high sec is buffed (with players and mechanics) the more this vision will be dimmed.


If CCP removed high sec they'd be shutting their game down in months. Face it, for all the crying the null sec players want to do about high sec, high sec players contribute just as much subs if not more than the low sec. High sec is CCP's bread and butter. If anything CCP should be shoring up its PvE game and trying to get more people involved in EVE. As it is now their new player churn rate is extremely high. New people start, find out that EVE is not as good as people make it out to be and the game lacks solid PvE and they leave.

Low sec and null sec is the niche portion of EVE game play and it will always be that way...dozens of MMO's with FFA pvp rules shows us that. Look at any of the biggest ffa pvp titles...oh wait...their aren't any!
TheButcherPete
Thunderwaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#64 - 2012-05-04 07:09:10 UTC
This is really cute, OP, how about you post with your main?

Also, this is not WoW, you do not get your own carebear server.

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#65 - 2012-05-04 07:09:15 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Low sec and null sec is the niche portion of EVE game play and it will always be that way...dozens of MMO's with FFA pvp rules shows us that. Look at any of the biggest ffa pvp titles...oh wait...their aren't any!

EVE Online? Oh wait, I see what you're getting at ...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#66 - 2012-05-04 07:12:22 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
I support people blowing crap up. I want them to blow stuff up. It is how industrialist and miners make their living. You and the others of null and low sec have tons of space and lots of things to blow up
…not to mention highsec, where there's also lots of things to blow up. So why on earth shouldn't they go there?
Shian Yang
#67 - 2012-05-04 07:13:50 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
New people start, find out that EVE is not as good as people make it out to be and the game lacks solid PvE and they leave.

...

Look at any of the biggest ffa pvp titles...oh wait...their aren't any!


Greeings capsuleer,

That is as it should be. New Eden is a cold and harsh place and those who seek the safety of an experience far derived from other capsuleers will not enjoy this experience. I can't contrive of someone that would enjoy spinning naked in space while the cracked shell of their pod drifts away ...

As to your last point. You forgot New Eden. But then, you seem to be one of those that fail to understand what it is and seek something with fluffy unicorns and bunnies; so perhaps you won't.

Regards,

Shian Yang
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2012-05-04 07:14:26 UTC  |  Edited by: MotherMoon
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Sri Nova wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

I disagree. I think the people that wanted null sec got it and when they got it they discovered it was boring as **** and or they had to kowtow down to some ******* of a corp leader and be at the persons beck and call all the time and that created a lot of angst. Face it...null and low sec are broke because the players broke it. To many arseholes play in null and low sec and because they can't get their rocks off in null and low sec any longer, they decide to move back into high sec to just be the griefers they are and have always been.


Oh it is very true that the players are to blame .

The players in high sec who hole up and have unintentionally forced CCP to change their vision of the game .

The players in low sec that made low sec into the wretch that is now.

The players in null sec have tried to make utopias but the mechanics are not there. the players could try harder but it always fails, ends up in civil war, or becomes overrun so yeah, it still comes down to the players (but they could use a lil more help from CCP) .

However lets not forget the players in high sec also effect the game, when a majority of them decide to hole up in high sec this creates a major shift in game play . One cannot expect no ramifications. (this very fact is pivotal as to why their is so much angst)

CCP is torn on the issue as well they introduced npc corp taxes to push people out, and into player corps. With the end result anticipated that more people would end up in null . Yet they introduce incursions to add more content into high sec.

A strong high sec makes for a weaker null and until this is resolved you will have issues. Many of the people in null are not hateful greifers they are the people trying to play the original vision of eve .

And the more that high sec is buffed (with players and mechanics) the more this vision will be dimmed.


If CCP removed high sec they'd be shutting their game down in months. Face it, for all the crying the null sec players want to do about high sec, high sec players contribute just as much subs if not more than the low sec. High sec is CCP's bread and butter. If anything CCP should be shoring up its PvE game and trying to get more people involved in EVE. As it is now their new player churn rate is extremely high. New people start, find out that EVE is not as good as people make it out to be and the game lacks solid PvE and they leave.

Low sec and null sec is the niche portion of EVE game play and it will always be that way...dozens of MMO's with FFA pvp rules shows us that. Look at any of the biggest ffa pvp titles...oh wait...their aren't any!


Who said anything about REMOVING high sec?

The game is working as intended, what you are asking for is to remove highsec, and replace it with your stupid carebear wonderland.


also for the record I played eve when there were only 40,000 people playing. Now a day you kids don't know what it was like back then. but trust me eve has grown. we've got 400,000 now, more than tons of other mmos on the market. Eve is in the top 5 subscription based mmos on the market. It makes CCP some serious money, people like this game that allow what you seem to hate.

Eve would die if it ever followed your advice, no one would play eve anymore because, well, lets admit it a lot about eve isn't fun. How fun would a one player version of eve online be, seriously. Eve isn't a good game in a lot of ways. But it's getting better, and it's gaining a huge playerbase becuase nothing else on the market allows for what eve is. It is the pillar on which the current playerbase can be blamed for. Eve is different, and becuase of that, it will allways have a large number of people playing.

well until another game comes out that's a true sandbox that lets you do whatever you can think up.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Roime
Shiva Furnace
#69 - 2012-05-04 07:19:49 UTC
Looks like another hiseccer whine thread without any sort of substance.

So I'll just fart loudly at the thought of "solid MMO PVE".

.

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2012-05-04 07:26:44 UTC
I mean hell I never even got a level 4 mission agent untill my 2nd year playing eve online. When they finally back in 2005 let you tag along with a friend and get some of that standings boost and quest rewards.

Before i could play missions with friend and get rewards, sometime sI flew in missions with friends for free. Because it was fun.

And I never needed to buy many ships, my alliance replaced my losses. And on small gangs and ones I'm in charge of I have a solid datacore mining operation. I can afford my own equipment when we aren't in a major war with a ship replacement plan.

so in a way you don't even need to ever do a mission in this game but you can still play in high sec wars. That is part of highsec you can live there for a whole year and never run a mission.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Armoured C
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2012-05-04 07:29:08 UTC
no one is forcing any play style on anything, if your unhappy with your ship being blown apart in hulkageddon OR it being destroyed in burn jita maybe you should stop building ships that attack you ????

(sorry tldr forum could be on something completly different but hey) and hi mothermoon


IM BACK :P
Sri Nova
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2012-05-04 07:31:59 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

If CCP removed high sec they'd be shutting their game down in months. Face it, for all the crying the null sec players want to do about high sec, high sec players contribute just as much subs if not more than the low sec. High sec is CCP's bread and butter. If anything CCP should be shoring up its PvE game and trying to get more people involved in EVE. As it is now their new player churn rate is extremely high. New people start, find out that EVE is not as good as people make it out to be and the game lacks solid PvE and they leave.

Low sec and null sec is the niche portion of EVE game play and it will always be that way...dozens of MMO's with FFA pvp rules shows us that. Look at any of the biggest ffa pvp titles...oh wait...their aren't any!



Not implying CCP remove highsec in my opinion high sec is great you can putter around, blow crap up, engage in sanctioned pvp, gank people, play the market, and spam local with trash talk. its freaking great .

what im trying to illuminate is that high sec was never intended to be awesome .

The very root of players(who are anti highsec) ideology is formed by the fact that those who remain in highsec are playing a pervision of ccp's orginal vision of eve.

thats is why players are trying to get you to change your play style .


You dont have to agree with it , just understand that your vision and their vision is going to differ, and this creates the conflict that this thread is about .
Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#73 - 2012-05-04 07:32:13 UTC
I think we can all agree that we want EVE to be the best game it can be, am I right? If that is the case then as players should we be working toward the goal of working with CCP to accomplish just that. As I see it, null and low sec are broken. It has nothing to do with high sec and everything to do with the game mechanics of null and low sec.

First thing CCP could do to fix null and low sec is remove blobs. Can we agree on this?
Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#74 - 2012-05-04 07:33:39 UTC
Sri Nova wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

If CCP removed high sec they'd be shutting their game down in months. Face it, for all the crying the null sec players want to do about high sec, high sec players contribute just as much subs if not more than the low sec. High sec is CCP's bread and butter. If anything CCP should be shoring up its PvE game and trying to get more people involved in EVE. As it is now their new player churn rate is extremely high. New people start, find out that EVE is not as good as people make it out to be and the game lacks solid PvE and they leave.

Low sec and null sec is the niche portion of EVE game play and it will always be that way...dozens of MMO's with FFA pvp rules shows us that. Look at any of the biggest ffa pvp titles...oh wait...their aren't any!



Not implying CCP remove highsec in my opinion high sec is great you can putter around, blow crap up, engage in sanctioned pvp, gank people, play the market, and spam local with trash talk. its freaking great .

what im trying to illuminate is that high sec was never intended to be awesome .

The very root of players(who are anti highsec) ideology is formed by the fact that those who remain in highsec are playing a pervision of ccp's orginal vision of eve.

thats is why players are trying to get you to change your play style .


You dont have to agree with it , just understand that your vision and their vision is going to differ, and this creates the conflict that this thread is about .


Why can't high sec be as awesome as low and null sec? It can be rewarding in a different way. There are many ways to reward players for their efforts.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#75 - 2012-05-04 07:35:16 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
I think we can all agree that we want EVE to be the best game it can be, am I right? If that is the case then as players should we be working toward the goal of working with CCP to accomplish just that. As I see it, null and low sec are broken. It has nothing to do with high sec and everything to do with the game mechanics of null and low sec.

First thing CCP could do to fix null and low sec is remove blobs. Can we agree on this?

Oh dear, we need to make less people log in if they live in lowsec or nullsec. Um, lets see...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#76 - 2012-05-04 07:35:37 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Why force your play style on others? I do not understand this drive from some players of EVE that think their style of playing the game is the only way. Who cares if some people wish to play in high sec? If you wish to blow **** up, you have null and low sec to do this all you want and the people in high sec really do not give a crap what you do - so why do you care what they do? Did it ever occur to you that some people just do not give a flying **** about your style of game play and just wish to be left alone to play the game the way they want to play it?

Most people that play EVE don't give a flying rats arse about null sec, and low sec. So why should those that choose to play in low and null sec give a flying rats arse about the people in high sec?


Didn't see this thread earlier so I will respond to op the most honest way I can think of.

Because we can Pirate

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Elbert Ainstein
The Engineer Corp.
#77 - 2012-05-04 07:45:30 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Why force your play style on others? I do not understand this drive from some players of EVE that think their style of playing the game is the only way. Who cares if some people wish to play in high sec? If you wish to blow **** up, you have null and low sec to do this all you want and the people in high sec really do not give a crap what you do - so why do you care what they do? Did it ever occur to you that some people just do not give a flying **** about your style of game play and just wish to be left alone to play the game the way they want to play it?

Most people that play EVE don't give a flying rats arse about null sec, and low sec. So why should those that choose to play in low and null sec give a flying rats arse about the people in high sec?


I once had the same opinion as you, and for the new players entering the game - a lot of them starting out as miners, as I did in 2004 - it must be pure hell getting their shiny new mining barge destroyed.
As an older player, the "suicidebombers" in high-sec are now only to my benefit. Especially when they make these mass events, then I get even more filthy rich Cool

I'm in this for the money!

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#78 - 2012-05-04 07:47:38 UTC
Sri Nova wrote:
You dont have to agree with it , just understand that your vision and their vision is going to differ, and this creates the conflict that this thread is about .


Correction, it creates the conflict that is eve itself, and what drives every part of the game forward.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Kievan Arakyd
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2012-05-04 07:48:43 UTC
Also, if someone is paying the role of a highsec terrorist, and you whine about it, and want to be all safe and snug in ccp's warm embrace, arn't you forcing your playstyle on those who have done nothing wrong but bring some excitement to highsec?

Got my Dust514 key...

Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#80 - 2012-05-04 07:49:02 UTC
Confirming that OP should in fact resubscribe to WoW.