These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Is It Worth Returning To Eve?

Author
Canteen Charlie
Whiskey Shooters
#1 - 2012-05-03 22:00:48 UTC
So played Eve pretty hard for a couple of years from right before Apocropha came out and was in love with the game but my enjoyment diminished with each less enjoyable update after it. Got tired of spending tons of hours building up a corp to over 100 players to have it be riddled with pointless wardecs from small half a dozen member gangs seeking just to disrupt or harass. But was enjoying wormhole life with my three carrier pilots and had a supercarrier alt completed. But it's been about 7 months now since I've played and I'm curious to hear if people think the game has gotten more enjoyable again and if its worth coming back or should i give it another six months or so?
Jason McCoy
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-05-03 22:04:37 UTC
sure why not?

give it shot and get your own conclusions, you never know you might enjoy it as much this time around.

OR

You will hate it and ask the same question again in a few years or so.

good luck.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-05-03 22:04:57 UTC
Canteen Charlie wrote:
So played Eve pretty hard for a couple of years from right before Apocropha came out and was in love with the game but my enjoyment diminished with each less enjoyable update after it. Got tired of spending tons of hours building up a corp to over 100 players to have it be riddled with pointless wardecs from small half a dozen member gangs seeking just to disrupt or harass. But was enjoying wormhole life with my three carrier pilots and had a supercarrier alt completed. But it's been about 7 months now since I've played and I'm curious to hear if people think the game has gotten more enjoyable again and if its worth coming back or should i give it another six months or so?

it seems that your lack of enjoyment was due more to other players than to game mechanics and patches^^

and humans don't change

.

Dennmoth Ferdier
Zero Gravity Productions
#4 - 2012-05-03 22:04:59 UTC
All wormholes are occupied. The goons, the russians and soon to be japanese empire cartel everything. Major alliances are deciding where you can do your shopping and where you can't, mining has been deemed bad and punishable by aggression, and the trolls have multiplied by a factor of 1000.


Do not return.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#5 - 2012-05-03 22:08:03 UTC
Eve is pretty much the worst game out there and gets worse with every day that passes by. For every member your corp gets there are 10 half dozen member gangs who will wardec to harass you. Nowadays it's not just those guys but also the Goons killing every single mining ship out there, and breaking trade hubs left and right. Eve is only going to get worse from what I see, between the wardec revamp, Drake nerf, bot bans, drone nerf, and generally CCP being the most horrible game company.

Eve is in fact so terrible that in order to have fun you have to bend your own mind and create something that's fun. If you want to take another swing at that, go ahead and come back to Eve. If not, then no, Eve has not gotten any more fun.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#6 - 2012-05-03 22:10:01 UTC
Join the dark side, we have bitchin' coffee.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#7 - 2012-05-03 22:19:43 UTC
its never worth returning to eve

it is however a good idea
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-05-03 22:21:46 UTC
I think so, and new mechanics might make it nicer on the war dec side, changes incoming to the criminal side though unknown exactly when. New ships, and changes in industry. Best bet is renew one for a month, play around and choose for yourself. Main expansion is may 24!

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

adopt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-05-03 22:22:17 UTC
This thread is littered with anti-goon propaganda, Y U ALL SO MAD SON
Darth Tickles
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-05-03 22:42:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Tickles
lol

if your problem with eve was that you weren't able to build anything without someone else trying to tear it down, then no, that has not changed and it will never change
D3F4ULT
#11 - 2012-05-03 23:00:29 UTC
Don't live in HS and you'll be fine. The only people who live in HS are who want to play a single player campaign. Then they get on the forums and scream bloody murder and clutter the forums with useless crying.

"Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve"

Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#12 - 2012-05-03 23:03:55 UTC
There's only one answer to this question. No. You should get as far away from this game as you can. Unless you can be a GOON. Then you will be happy forever.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#13 - 2012-05-03 23:04:35 UTC
D3F4ULT wrote:
Don't live in HS and you'll be fine. The only people who live in HS are who want to play a single player campaign. Then they get on the forums and scream bloody murder and clutter the forums with useless crying.



Accurate
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-05-03 23:06:18 UTC
This thread is a rollercoaster of emotion.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE

Hello, hello again.

Thomas Kreshant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-05-03 23:09:52 UTC
Canteen Charlie wrote:
So played Eve pretty hard for a couple of years from right before Apocropha came out and was in love with the game but my enjoyment diminished with each less enjoyable update after it. Got tired of spending tons of hours building up a corp to over 100 players to have it be riddled with pointless wardecs from small half a dozen member gangs seeking just to disrupt or harass. But was enjoying wormhole life with my three carrier pilots and had a supercarrier alt completed. But it's been about 7 months now since I've played and I'm curious to hear if people think the game has gotten more enjoyable again and if its worth coming back or should i give it another six months or so?



Eve is a fairly ****** game at face value

It's more about making your own fun in the game so if you enjoyed the WH's then maybe coming back would be a good idea but ask yourself why you quit EVE and if you can make that change yourself as the game is pretty much the same it's always been just with a new lick of paint here and there.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-05-03 23:18:55 UTC
The last two expansions have been pretty good, so from a gameplay standpoint go for it. But if you want it to stop being Eve? Well. Eve is eve.
Phrank Phish
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-05-03 23:29:32 UTC
No.

I unsubbed 10 months ago, came back last week to see how things are progressing, game isnt what it was.

Saying that, I cant put my finger on exactly what is missing. Besides the shiny, things are as they have allways been, I think maybe the playerbase is just degenerating.
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#18 - 2012-05-03 23:30:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Antisocial Malkavian
Canteen Charlie wrote:
Got tired of spending tons of hours building up a corp to over 100 players to have it be riddled with pointless wardecs from small half a dozen member gangs seeking just to disrupt or harass.


This is only getting worse


Quote:
Major alliances are deciding where you can do your shopping and where you can't, mining has been deemed bad and punishable by aggression, and the trolls have multiplied by a factor of 1000.


Do not return


Some would say those trolls and major alliances have taken over CCP so if thats bad to you...

Akirei Scytale wrote:
D3F4ULT wrote:
Don't live in HS and you'll be fine. The only people who live in HS are who want to play a single player campaign. Then they get on the forums and scream bloody murder and clutter the forums with useless crying.



Accurate


btw;
TEST = Goon

Phrank Phish wrote:
No.

I unsubbed 10 months ago, came back last week to see how things are progressing, game isnt what it was.

Saying that, I cant put my finger on exactly what is missing. Besides the shiny, things are as they have allways been, I think maybe the playerbase is just degenerating.


Whats the biggest corp in game?
Now whats the corp that has the most INFLUENCE in the game?
(it starts with a G)
(theres an N in there)
(and two "o"s)

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Shepard Book
Underground Stargate
#19 - 2012-05-03 23:44:28 UTC
Canteen Charlie wrote:
So played Eve pretty hard for a couple of years from right before Apocropha came out and was in love with the game but my enjoyment diminished with each less enjoyable update after it. Got tired of spending tons of hours building up a corp to over 100 players to have it be riddled with pointless wardecs from small half a dozen member gangs seeking just to disrupt or harass. But was enjoying wormhole life with my three carrier pilots and had a supercarrier alt completed. But it's been about 7 months now since I've played and I'm curious to hear if people think the game has gotten more enjoyable again and if its worth coming back or should i give it another six months or so?



If you enjoy PvP it is the best thing goin
Fannie Maes
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-05-03 23:45:59 UTC
It is not worth it, at the moment we got a whole BoB situation going on again except this time it is worse, they are called goons and pets.

You should check back in next year to see if CCP kept any promises and dealt with their corruption.
123Next pageLast page